• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Echoplx

reptilescorpio said:
It only came out a week ago and it is already 2/3 off? That is nice and all Mr Schafer but where is the next new game?!?

Well the game is a year old, I don't think it was reasonable charging 15$ for it in the first place, the port is a bit sloppy as well.

roosters93 said:
Rose Byrne > her

and nice avatar.

edit: lol totally missed the swan joke. durrrdurrr
Rose Byrne is definitely also attractive. So is Zoe Kravitz and Betty Draper come to think of it.

Betty Fucking Draper. My most hated of Drapers.

Ida Blankenship, now there's a woman.

Bernbaum

BanShunsaku said:
Rose Byrne is definitely also attractive. So is Zoe Kravitz and Betty Draper come to think of it.

Betty Fucking Draper. My most hated of Drapers.

Ida Blankenship, now there's a woman.
Betty "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWN" Draper.

I am three episodes away from being 100% up to date with Mad Men. Not sure what the world will be like when there's no Mad Men to catch up on.

Fredescu

RandomVince said:
Having debated a couple of hardcore conspiracy nuts (all of whom are from queensland, incidentally) I'd say there is a bit more of a difference. In fact I would say that conspiracy theorists seem to have a larger proportion of psychosis type traits than your run of the mill religious person does.
I'm definitely not talking about "your run of the mill religious person". I was hoping I'd made that clear.

RandomVince said:
99% of religious people are probably normal. 99% of non-religious people are probably normal. (Both within a spectrum). I'd wager that 50% of conspiracists are most definitely not normal, and a high proportion of them may indeed be space cadets.
Yeah, I think I'd agree with that.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Will Kmart and/or Target have Uncharted 3 on launch, and will the price match Dick Smith's low price?

Bernbaum

EatChildren said:
Will Kmart and/or Target have Uncharted 3 on launch, and will the price match Dick Smith's low price?
Huh? DSE have UC3 for $89.

Big W are selling it for $78, as are Harvey Norman who are curiously selling the LE at that price as well. I tried placing an online preorder with HN but got no reply.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Bernbaum said:

Big W are selling it for $78, as are Harvey Norman who are curiously selling the LE at that price as well. I tried placing an online preorder with HN but got no reply.

Oh yeah, Harvey Norman, that's what I meant.

I have a voucher that needs using so I want to shop at Target or Kmart, and I'd be pleased if they price matched Harvey or Big W.

Deeku

Bernbaum said:

Hah, I was just looking at HN's online pre-order thing and I don't really trust it.

I think I'll just walk into HN come Thursday morning and hopefully grab one. Not really fussed about not getting a special edition though since it doesn't seem that special.

commanderdeek said:
Hah, I was just looking at HN's online pre-order thing and I don't really trust it.

I think I'll just walk into HN come Thursday morning and hopefully grab one. Not really fussed about not getting a special edition though since it doesn't seem that special.

Really? It's the special-est SE I've seen so far, at least when it comes to first-party PS3 games.

http://i.imgur.com/sP6XU.jpg

I'm just going to ask EB to price match HN, and see if they'll still give me that ring and PS3 decal :D

Deeku

OneMoreQuestion said:
Really? It's the special-est SE I've seen so far, at least when it comes to first-party PS3 games.

http://i.imgur.com/sP6XU.jpg

I'm just going to ask EB to price match HN, and see if they'll still give me that ring and PS3 decal :D
:eek:

Ok I take that back! I thought it was just a different cover with a bunch of stupid multiplayer codes.

Chie saves the day again!

Bernbaum

I'll be doing what commanderdeek is doing - walking into HN at 9am Thursday morning and seeing what's available. If they have the LE, hey it's a plus. If not, I still get the game I want to play. I didn't touch the multiplayer in UC2 and doubt I will for the third, so all that bonus shit isn't necessary. As for all the extra 'toys' that come in the box, I'll probably look at them once, toss them aside, and then completely forget about them.

My Forza 4 purchase was the LE, simply because I knew I'd be paying to get all the extra cars/tracks anyway. It came with a little picture book, which was nice and all, but not necessary for the experience.

I accept LE's are a bit dumb and I hardly ever buy them. I bought the LE for Mass Effect 2 and probably will for ME3, but I really really love the ME universe. Hell, I even paid $100 for the out of print 'Art of Mass Effect' hardcover book.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I bought the $200 Uncharted CE.

Well when I say bought I used trade in credit...

Hey guys, I'm gonna do Movember this year and make all the ladies simultaneously love the fact I'm doing shit for charity and make them not want to touch me with a 50ft. pole. So, if you can spare a few bucks (seriously, like $2 is a win) that'd be super swell.

http://mobro.co/megadrive

if not, well you suck and don't care about your testicles.

Megadrive said:
Hey guys, I'm gonna do Movember this year and make all the ladies simultaneously love the fact I'm doing shit for charity and make them not want to touch me with a 50ft. pole. So, if you can spare a few bucks (seriously, like $2 is a win) that'd be super swell.

http://mobro.co/megadrive

if not, well you suck and don't care about your testicles.

Do we get pics of your mo.

roosters93 said:
Do we get pics of your mo.

Yes, absolutely. Fact is, I just remembered to make the thing. So tomorrow which is the 2nd, I will post my first pic, then pics would probably trickle in each day or bi-weekly. It really depends on how busy I get. Video may be on the cards also.

It'll be a scraggly mo, it doesn't grow too well. :(

Also on the cards is the final (well, regardless if finished) build of my teams game Thursday night! woohoo. So expect that thursday night sometime. Download is expected to be around 130mb-170mb.

Thank you for your order.
We have received your order. Your order number is:#######

Guys i caved.
best make a spot for me in the platoon in 2 months when it shows up.
but quite seriously zavvi shipping is nearly as bad as cd wow

Echoplx

Anyone here happen to have a 'Gamers Choice' copy of Supreme Commander? Put the key into Steam and you may get a nice surprise :)

http://i.minus.com/iqhcoZlsAF2Ox.png

reptilescorpio said:
I got quoted FOUR times! Suck on that!

Although 2 were disagreeing with me. But I will fight to the death for your right to be wrong.
Silly me! No opinion is wrong and that is the most important thing that this forum needs to remember. Too much shit throwing out there in the other sub-forums. At the end of the day this is a hobby for us and we are all expressing our opinion on ethics and such. Not everyone will share the same ethics as each other, which is what makes this world interesting and worth waking up to.
I will most definitely not suck on anything, thank you very much.

Some opinions are wrong. Especially ones that can be disproved with the science. Cave Johnson science!

RandomVince said:
I got quoted 5 times, including a broken one.
Fixed.

reptilescorpio said:
DOESN'T COUNT. ACTUALLY IT COUNTS, AS A NEGATIVE SO I WIN AGAIN.[ /QUOTE]
You deserve this broken quote. -1 for you.

RandomVince said:
I wasnt saying blinx was good, just soulless. As is R&C.

Platformers with soul are a rare breed. Mario has it. Sonic used to. Crash used to. Sly Cooper has it. Jak used to. Ratchet never did. Klonoa had it in spades. A Boy and His Blob has it. Tomba did, if you could find it.
Blinx wasn't good. I was make with the ha ha. Anywho, I guess it depends of what constitutes soul for each person. For me, the humour of R&C is what made it unique and enjoyable and apart from the odd misstep here and there has only improved in quality with each iteration.

A Crack in Time had plenty of soul, at least by my definition.

Bernbaum said:
Rose Byrne deserves more success.
Rose Byrne deserves more me.

Well, any me.

Bernbaum said:

According to the email I got they will only contact you when your copy is ready to pick up. Yep, I broke my promise of no more games when I saw that the special edition was only $78. I am weak.

But so are the rest of you.

Well, a lot of you.

Ok, reptilescorpio is.

And BananaArnie.

Planet_JASE said:
I will most definitely not suck on anything, thank you very much.
The suck was being done by everyone else who got quoted less. Also that other quote was outside of the mega-quote so it still counts. Also agreed that Rose Byrne is an attractive female. Also I am indeed weak, but thrifty at least!

Also Bastion at 50% off on Steam! Everyone buy it! Will double dip today.

So I did a Harvey Norman online preorder for Uncharted 3 Special Edition.

I like the concept of online preordering without having to put any money down. I don't like preordering for that reason, and knowing I will just be able to walk into HN on release day and know my copy is waiting for me is sweet. Assuming they don't cock the whole thing up, which is always a chance where Harvey Norman are concerned.

hamchan

I preorered UC3 from GAME since they give a $30 PSN voucher with it. It's supposed to be $98 but they only charged me $88...

Also I'd totally buy from HN if they did delivery.

If there is a game I'm highly anticipating, I will always prefer to get it from a bricks and mortar shop. I hate relying on Australia Post to deliver stuff and there were a couple of times with GAME and EB online where I was meant to get stuff on release day but shit happened and they came later.

But having said that, if I can only get a special edition or a really good price online I'll risk not being able to play on release day.

Omikron

I managed to get WHU promoted to the Premier League with a all times record points haul in the Championship.

Felt good. So good.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
codswallop said:
It's GTA V trailer day!

I'm pretty sure it's tomorrow at like 2am? Something like that.

Nice price for UC3, I'm tempted to try and pick it up but there's none really close to me.

DOTA 2 email in my inbox. OH YEA!

Have preordered uc3 online with HN. Let's see if this works. Also I finished uncharted 1 but skipped 2 for some reason. Can I pickup and play 3 without hassle story wise?

bodyboarder said:
Have preordered uc3 online with HN. Let's see if this works. Also I finished uncharted 1 but skipped 2 for some reason. Can I pickup and play 3 without hassle story wise?
I'd recommend playing 2. That game is amazing.

Choc

Banned
GTA trailer is 4am Sydney time

also you can expect UC3 to break today i think. We've already had to shutdown some stores selling it.

Choc

Banned
Serrels one thing i don't like about the new Kotaku is you seem to be taking every US story rather than cherry picking leading to fucking shithouse articles about almost naked japanese people

there is a lot of shit that comes from Kotaku US that used to not appear on AU. Was much better ;_;

guidop

GTAV Trailer is not worth staying up for. Remember last time it pretty much chugged the internet and crashed a lot of sites. I'm expecting the same this time, it will make delicious breakfast viewing I reckon

Omikron

New favourite thread is the one where some analyst has said GTAV will be DD only. The people stating they will never game again if games go DD only is just, amazing.

Nemesis_

Does anyone here know a good place I could import MGS HD Collection's Limited Edition from? I can't find anywhere that uses it, usually I would just import from VideoGamesPlus.ca but they aren't stocking it :(

Top Bottom