• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Oh man, Question Time is fun today.

codswallop said:
ye4pi.jpg

Bernbaum said:
What's his favourite video or computer game? Does he prefer ATI or nVidia?
img8939.jpg
Short odds on Nvidia.

jambo

Fredescu said:
It's my sons first birthday today. I'm somewhat amazed and a little bit proud that I've managed to keep him alive so far, with all the fear that gets put into you about this and that. With good reason I guess, but they are generally resiliant as hell.

I struggle to come up with a video game analogy of when he hugs me and says dehdeh. Imagine getting like six rows in tetris.

Does it feel like this?

Evo moment #37

Shaneus

Remo posted in the IT best of thread. GAF > Something > Idle Thumbs.

PS. Weirdest mid-afternoon dream ever, induced by being sick and dexamphetamine and too many chicos. Whitta and a bunch of other people were paying me out (somehow) on some weird Steamchat/IRC/podcast hybrid and mocking me because of my red hair and slight resemblance to Scooter from The Muppets. I retorted by saying that I prefer to listen to Idle Thumbs and then Remo came out and mocked me as well.

Yeah, it was fucking BIZARRE. Didn't stop me running to my laptop to check that it didn't actually happen, though.

Jintor

I had a weird Bombcast/Tested dream a few days ago probably brought on by too much Oktobercast at once. I wrote it down somewhere, I'll see if I can transcribe my waking scrawl.

Omikron

Fredescu said:
It's my sons first birthday today. I'm somewhat amazed and a little bit proud that I've managed to keep him alive so far, with all the fear that gets put into you about this and that. With good reason I guess, but they are generally resiliant as hell.

I struggle to come up with a video game analogy of when he hugs me and says dehdeh. Imagine getting like six rows in tetris.

Man, a year old, time flies hey. Happy Birthday, November is a pretty awesome month to be born. ;)

Edit: As a side note, its our 3rd wedding anniversary today :-o

Shaneus

Jintor said:
I had a weird Bombcast/Tested dream a few days ago probably brought on by too much Oktobercast at once. I wrote it down somewhere, I'll see if I can transcribe my waking scrawl.
Yeah, this one seriously fucked with my head. What makes them worse is that they're not like those weird celeb dreams you have because there's no fucking way that anyone of them would talk to you... thanks to GAF and Twitter they're almost plausible.

Kerrby

Banned
Salazar said:
Man, fuck that LOTR:WITN delay. I got it before they jacked up the price, but it's fucked up.

Wow, Warner Bros are fuckwits. That has pissed me off, they basically doubled the price. This game is going to bomba hard, it's being sent out to die (same day as one of the big games isn't it? Not to mention the over crowded period) and they pull off this shit.

I also just checked Batman and that is $99 now. WHAT THE FUCK!? Since when did Warner Bros become Activision? At least CAWWA DOODY CASUAL will sell, unlike this other bullshit that I actually want to purchase.

SEGA is the only good one, making FM12 $45 instead of the usual $80 price.

---

on a side note, congrats to Omi and Fred. Even if you guys are dicks ;).

Fredescu

Bernbaum said:
What's his favourite video or computer game? Does he prefer ATI or nVidia?
He prefers ducks to frogs. He has two bath toys, a frog and a duck. Every single time, he grabs the frog, throws it out of the bath, then grabs the duck and holds onto it for the duration. Yes, I keep putting the frog in because it amuses me to see him throw it out.

He also prefers the keyboard to a gamepad. I have to be careful to put my gamepads towards the back of my desk or he will pick them up and throw them off the desk. He broke the real triggers on my dual shock. He loves to wail away on the keyboard. I gave him one of his own to play with.

jambo said:
Does it feel like this?

Evo moment #37
No, that appears to involve skill. Imagine being a bumbling idiot without a clue whether you're doing the right thing or not, but evolution basically taking care of everything for you anyway, culminating in a display of affection from a thing that can't even string two words together yet. So, like The Sims.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Omi said:
Official interest rates are down .25%... now hoping my CU drops my mortgage rate :D

Would be nice, not much of a saving per fortnight for me though.

Yagharek

I'm a bit disappointed by the interest rate cut. Our savings for a home are in the bank, and given how unaffordable housing is, it'd be nice to see them rise from my perspective.

Oh well, its a trivial amount anyway in the grand scheme of things.

Also, just finished Arkham City. Got about 180 of the Riddler secrets, not sure if I want to try and find them all yet. Might trade it in for Unchart3d and pick up the Wii U goty version of Arkham City later next year.

Bernbaum

Fredescu said:
He prefers ducks to frogs. He has two bath toys, a frog and a duck. Every single time, he grabs the frog, throws it out of the bath, then grabs the duck and holds onto it for the duration. Yes, I keep putting the frog in because it amuses me to see him throw it out.

He also prefers the keyboard to a gamepad. I have to be careful to put my gamepads towards the back of my desk or he will pick them up and throw them off the desk. He broke the real triggers on my dual shock. He loves to wail away on the keyboard. I gave him one of his own to play with.
Console-hating PC gamer confirmed!

Bernbaum

Video Games I have played in the last two months:

Space Marine
Resistance 2
Tiny Tower iPhone
Uncharted 1
Uncharted 2
Forza 4
Gears of War 3
Fifa 12 iPad lol Salazar's face
Ico
Shadow of the Colossus

I think the game I enjoyed the most was Uncharted 2. The two new games in that batch - Space Marine and Gears 3, are among some of the best games I've ever played. Shadow of the Colossus used to be a very important game to me, and I say with mixed emotions that I doubt I'll ever play it again. With UC3 out this week, that might just do me for the year. Sorry Zelda, maybe sometime in 2012 we can hang out together.

EDIT: Oh and Resistance 2 is a complete chore. If there are people out there who enjoyed the game, then good luck to them - I thought it was awful.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
legend166 said:
Interest rate cut and the horse in my office sweep didn't win.

Terrible day all around.

Interest rate cut and I won $24 on a Mystery bet.

Awesome day all around.

Yagharek

Fredescu said:
The Common or Garden Portman?

Natalie Portman starring in White Geese?

Bernbaum said:
EDIT: Oh and Resistance 2 is a complete chore. If there are people out there who enjoyed the game, then good luck to them - I thought it was awful.

I played through it on release, and it was indeed a chore. I kept playing in the hope it might rise above mediocre, but it didnt. It also had the single worst flashlight in any game ever.

I also think Disruptor was the last good Insomniac game.

Yagharek

Fredescu said:
Jokes aren't funny if you have to explain them.

Perhaps. I get the feeling my humour detector is misfiring or out of tune with gaf in general. blamespace/timedog stuff is bafflingly banal, for instance. Is that the point? Or is there a secret gaf where this joke was concocted?

Thermal paste time. I just know I am going to fuck it up somehow.

RandomVince said:
I also think Disruptor was the last good Insomniac game.
SHOT HAS BEEN LEFT CASING.

The Ratchet & Clank games are fantastic. Loved Future 2 and is one of the few ongoing series for Sony that bring a lot of value to the platform. On that note I might replay the game this week with my son, would love the crisp visuals filled with colour and the fantastic voicework.

Yagharek

reptilescorpio said:
SHOT HAS BEEN LEFT CASING.

The Ratchet & Clank games are fantastic. Loved Future 2 and is one of the few ongoing series for Sony that bring a lot of value to the platform. On that note I might replay the game this week with my son, would love the crisp visuals filled with colour and the fantastic voicework.

I dunno, I found the R&C games were flat and soulless. Granted, I only played the first one and the first one on PS3. Both felt very much 'by the numbers' a la voodoo vince or blinx the cat. Technically impressive games, but I always felt they lacked the soul of Jak 1, or Crash Bandicoot 1 and 2.

Jintor

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddddddddddddddddddddddle

Thumbs

So awesome.

(Games, video games, video games, video games, vid-e-o-ga-ee-ames)

MrSerrels

Alright my first impression of Skyward Sword is this - it's going to be testicles to the chesticles amazing.

Wii MotionPlus controls are amazing,

Yagharek

MrSerrels said:
Alright my first impressions of Skyward Sword is this - it's going to be testicles to the chesticles amazing.

Do a dance with it and upload to gaf kthxbye. Or maybe we can make a stare-off gif between serrels and girahim.

MrSerrels

Jintor said:
Did Nintendo send them all around at once? I'M GOING TO WORK TOMMORROW! (After the Red Cross drains me of blood)

Nah, just a preview. He took the code back with him.

He's already been to Hyper so you missed out!

And there's no way I'm going to dance and then post it!

I'll dance in the privacy of my own home.

Ydahs

The legend166 revolution didn't last long in that blame space/time dog thread...

I cannot stand for this injustice.

Jintor

MrSerrels said:
Nah, just a preview. He took the code back with him.

He's already been to Hyper so you missed out!

And there's no way I'm going to dance and then post it!

I'll dance in the privacy of my own home.

Damn this university schedule!

Fuck! Just lost part of a tooth. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

MrSerrels said:
Alright my first impression of Skyward Sword is this - it's going to be testicles to the chesticles amazing.

We need a youtube of how freaking happy you are.

RandomVince said:
I dunno, I found the R&C games were flat and soulless. Granted, I only played the first one and the first one on PS3. Both felt very much 'by the numbers' a la voodoo vince or blinx the cat. Technically impressive games, but I always felt they lacked the soul of Jak 1, or Crash Bandicoot 1 and 2.
I'll agree that Future 1 was a bit by the numbers but Future 2 was fantastic and really brought back the fun of Up Your Arsenal.

Top Bottom