• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Choc said:
jintor i think there is a difference between someone saying they like something (this is obviously not bad, and is a good thing)

and someone recording themselves in a fucking stupid video showing off they have the new game
Its a joke choc. Just like when Giant Bomb did that Too Human video it isn't meant to be taken professionally. The point of the damn thing is to make people laugh. The Skyrim video had quite a few people laughing, some at the expense of the reviewer since it was a measly console version (for fucks sake guys! the pc master race meme is a joke too! when Dennis makes those kinds of comments it is a joke at the expense of how far some people have run with the master race joke!) and some at the expense of the fans who wish they could be twirling with a copy.

Also thoughts on the who BlizzCon thing choc?

Choc said:
well you can't bloody shit all over game journalists saying they are unprofessional and shit when you say its ok for them to do something that dumb
Sounds like differing opinions. Which is expected when not everyone believes the same thing. He is shit at his job but that does not mean posting a tongue-in-cheek video means his opinion on a game should be considered null and void.

they can like games, but i think it gives a perceived view to the reader that the review can't be trusted
It would be nice if the reader would make up their own mind rather than believe 100% in what someone else thinks. Reviews should be read to gain more information on the general condition of the product, gameplay mechanics or graphics or stability, etc. Review scores are more meaningless today than they have ever been. Soon people will stop caring about scores. Aside from publishers of course (bf3 press release full of Facebook scores).

Salazar said:
Yes.

Man, fuck that LOTR:WITN delay. I got it before they jacked up the price, but it's fucked up.

Yea ffs, the joke is it is coming out in NA on the 2nd but we don't get it here (even digitally) till the 17th.

I am really hoping that GMG send me my key tomorrow and i can unlock and play it. but i doubt it. Seriously dissapointed atm

I am thinking i might spend some of this week and return to TQ to get me hyped up for click killing and loot gathering.

Choc said:
i managed to post in here about coldplay without being told lol thats shit why you listen to that

how about...

florence and the machine? any fans?
Haven't enjoyed Coldplay since Parachutes. New album did not change my mind.

Florence on the other machine just released another pearler.

I hope they don't need a horse doctor after the Melbourne Cup is run

Here is the Flemington Horse Doctor, Dr Herbert Todt

SuperStock_1525R-178071.jpg

Here's his offsider, Dr Managram

oldman-with-gun.png

Here's the horse doctors' surgery being prepped

800_long_gun2_110711.jpg

I think more money needs to be put into equestrian medical research. The one size fits all cure doesn't work that well.

Bernbaum

Marshmellow said:
Anyone happen to have a copy of TQ gold on steam they want to gift/sell me?
You mean Titan Quest?

Yeah I have a copy of that that got picked up in a Steam sale long ago. I doubt I'll ever play it.

Can you give away copies of games on Steam? It's been ages since I've turned my PC on, but I've got Steam on my Mac and might be able to do it.

-

Unnecessary boasting time. I walk into the office to the news of an unexpected payrise with four zeroes on the end. I also pay off the last payment on my car loan next month, which was being automatically sucked out of my salary. Next pay packet I'm gonna feel like the goddamn Batman.

Shit, I miss a couple of pages and suddenly there is a new avatar thing going on. You bastards are making me do more reading than I care too.

And Choc I think it's unfair to be expecting people in games media to not be excited about games. In fact if they've seen a bunch of previews and talked to the people behind the games it'd probably be a lot harder to remain aloof.

But I don't think that being super keen for something necessitates that the review will be biased at all. Often when you are looking forward to something you can be more critical of it. The highs may seem higher but the lows are fucking terrible when you are hoping for the best thing of all time.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I can't deal with everyone having legends avatar.

ClivePwned said:
I think more money needs to be put into equestrian medical research. The one size fits all cure doesn't work that well.
But then where would we get our glue from? That stuff doesn't grow on trees you know. Also horse hair stuff smells nice

Bernbaum said:
Unnecessary boasting time. I walk into the office to the news of an unexpected payrise with four zeroes on the end.
Wait, 4 zeros? I would be over the moon with 3.
So are you in charge of also taking pictures of the rocks in addition to cleaning them now?
joking please don't hurt me

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I never did finish A Clash with Kings. I got so damn bored.

Fredescu

It's my sons first birthday today. I'm somewhat amazed and a little bit proud that I've managed to keep him alive so far, with all the fear that gets put into you about this and that. With good reason I guess, but they are generally resiliant as hell.

I struggle to come up with a video game analogy of when he hugs me and says dehdeh. Imagine getting like six rows in tetris.

Rez said:
I never did finish A Clash with Kings. I got so damn bored.
Did you get to the bit where you-know-who dies? (Not a spoiler - someone dies in every book)
Fredescu said:
It's my sons first birthday today. I'm somewhat amazed and a little bit proud that I've managed to keep him alive so far, with all the fear that gets put into you about this and that. With good reason I guess, but they are generally resiliant as hell.

I struggle to come up with a video game analogy of when he hugs me and says dehdeh. Imagine getting like six rows in tetris.
S-Rank Perfect on Samurai Blue in Ouendan 2?

Choc

Banned
i think we are having two arguments here

its FINE to be excited about a game and be happy when it arrives

posting stupid videos on the internet which MAY LEAD to people thinking biased, is unprofessional and stupid

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
viciouskillersquirrel said:
Did you get to the bit where you-know-who dies? (Not a spoiler - someone dies in every book)
Ntot that I remember, no. I'll see if I still have my bookmark in place. Might have got lost in the iOS5 beta transition.

Arya just had her party a

Fredescu

Choc said:
posting stupid videos on the internet which MAY LEAD to people thinking biased, is unprofessional and stupid
Life is a whole lot easier when you don't need to consider the Choc's of the world with every action.

Fredescu said:

Congrats dude! Your son was born the day after a very cool dude which should help his standing in the world.
Most enjoyable part of the little guy is the mischief he gets into. While sitting in the lounge room he will walk over to the set of drawers, turn around with his hand on the handle to look at me, open the draw, get told off and I go over and shut then and move him a few feet away. Cue tantrum and "Mum mum mum!". Gets up, waddles down the hallway with crocodile tears, finds Mum, attaches self to mum and crys, "Dad dad dad!" as if I told him that Jesus isn't real. Smart little guy. Also swimming was fun.

Bernbaum said:
You mean Titan Quest?

Yeah I have a copy of that that got picked up in a Steam sale long ago. I doubt I'll ever play it.

Can you give away copies of games on Steam? It's been ages since I've turned my PC on, but I've got Steam on my Mac and might be able to do it.

-

Unnecessary boasting time. I walk into the office to the news of an unexpected payrise with four zeroes on the end. I also pay off the last payment on my car loan next month, which was being automatically sucked out of my salary. Next pay packet I'm gonna feel like the goddamn Batman.

I do mean Titan Quest. That would be cool Bern :D If you can gift it to me on steam :D
Let me know if you would like something and i can buy and gift to you or w/e

jambo said:
Fuck.

Yes.

Jambo I SEE THAT NERF GUN!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Fredescu said:

Aww. :)

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
viciouskillersquirrel said:
Say no more. Keep reading. It gets WAY better.
Hahah. I refreshed the page after I clicked send in it looks like it literally cut off my post mid-string, which is hilarious.

Arya was with a group of potential wall-people (black cloaks? I forget the terminology, it'll come back to me when I start reading it again) and they were attacked. I'm up to the chapter that deals with the aftermath.

Bernbaum

Marshmellow said:
I do mean Titan Quest. That would be cool Bern :D If you can gift it to me on steam :D
Let me know if you would like something and i can buy and gift to you or w/e
I think I bought it for a dollar, so you can have it for free. Steam ID is Bernbaum, and I'm on that AusGAF group thingy. Will look into it when I'm at home.

Bernbaum said:
I think I bought it for a dollar, so you can have it for free. Steam ID is Bernbaum, and I'm on that AusGAF group thingy. Will look into it when I'm at home.

Thanks man. Will check when home. Same for me Marshmellow ausgaf grp etc.

Choc

Banned
Bernbaum said:

i thought this was being posted by legend

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

Rez said:
Hahah. I refreshed the page after I clicked send in it looks like it literally cut off my post mid-string, which is hilarious.

Arya was with a group of
potential wall-people (black cloaks? I forget the terminology, it'll come back to me when I start reading it again) and they were attacked. I'm up to the chapter that deals with the aftermath
Oh OK. You're not nearly as far along as I thought. There's this crazy bit toward the end where like three or four things all happen at once.

Choc said:
i thought this was being posted by legend

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

Yeah this avatar business is getting a bit confusing. I've been reading Bernbaum as Legend and read Fred's post about his son as reptile until reptile quoted him lol

Deeku

roosters93 said:
Yeah this avatar business is getting a bit confusing. I've been reading Bernbaum as Legend and read Fred's post about his son as reptile until reptile quoted him lol
But reptile was never a goose!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Rez said:

Arya was with a group of potential wall-people (black cloaks? I forget the terminology, it'll come back to me when I start reading it again) and they were attacked. I'm up to the chapter that deals with the aftermath.

Keep reading but there's a good chance you will get bored with book 4, So i'm not too sure if you wanna read the next few books only to probably quit reading once again.

I haven't bothered with book 4 much lately, I will continue it though soon. Just felt the need for a little break i guess and the book isn't all that interesting but i must continue!

Jintor

Choc said:
i think we are having two arguments here

its FINE to be excited about a game and be happy when it arrives

It depends on the publication and journalist in question. Given that Justin McElroy has a comedic podcast, engages in generally comedic behaviour in general, and that that video was fucking clearly an overdramatised hilarious parody of a game descending from heaven unto a reviewer, reading it as a serious expression that will leak into his review betrays either a complex, nuanced understanding of Justin's failings as a reviewer or the fact that you're overthinking things.

omg all my hopes and dreams have come true. GMG just sent me my LOTR:WITN key slar!

says i can activate and download from the 1st :D VICTORY!

so happy right now.

Jambo - I got my Longshot last week, that thing is heaps better than all of the others i have. Seems to have a much more pressurised shot.

legend166

Fredescu said:

Holy crap, your son is a year old?

I remember us all talking about him when he was born.

Time flies.

Bernbaum

Fredescu said:

What's his favourite video or computer game? Does he prefer ATI or nVidia?

Dead Man

Fredescu said:

Congrats to you and the little man!

Top Bottom