• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Sounds like SR3 is getting some love on the PC side of things. Also TF2 itemss ZOMG day 1 purchase!

Fuck the rest of the features.

Choc

Banned
Omi said:
New favourite thread is the one where some analyst has said GTAV will be DD only. The people stating they will never game again if games go DD only is just, amazing.

omi did you look at that video i put in this thread yesterday

legend166

That 'should I tell my friend her husband is cheating on her?' thread in the OT is amazing.

The guy basically did everything wrong.

Omikron

Choc said:
omi did you look at that video i put in this thread yesterday

The 'celebrations' one? If so yeah. I prefer off the cuff passionate celebrations. Such as Tevez when he scored his first goal for WHU 8)

legend166

Omi said:
New favourite thread is the one where some analyst has said GTAV will be DD only. The people stating they will never game again if games go DD only is just, amazing.

To be fair, DD only on consoles would be a nightmare, judging by how MS/Sony/Nintendo have handled it to this point.

Nemesis_

Nemesis556 said:
Does anyone here know a good place I could import MGS HD Collection's Limited Edition from? I can't find anywhere that uses it, usually I would just import from VideoGamesPlus.ca but they aren't stocking it :(

Quoted for new page >_>

Omikron

legend166 said:
To be fair, DD only on consoles would be a nightmare, judging by how MS/Sony/Nintendo have handled it to this point.

Ok, I guess you won't be playing any more games ever then in a DD only future?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Omi said:

The number of games I play on consoles would plummit.

I like owning discs.

It means the game is MINE.

So I preordered Skyward Sword from Play-Asia. I *could* buy it locally and pay a thirty dollar premium or spring for the controller bundle, but I already have a Motion+ controller.

Looks like no GAF for me for most of November *sigh*

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
HolyCheck said:
The number of games I play on consoles would plummit.

I like owning discs.

It means the game is MINE.
Puh-lease

legend166

Omi said:

The PC doesn't exist?

When consoles go DD only, if their practices remain the same, my console purchases are going to drop dramatically.

Omi said:
legend166 said:
Omi said:
DD-only games on consoles in the current environment don't make any sense. They take a long time to download, consoles don't have enough storage and the prices are too high for this to make sense.

Somehow increase the delivery speed, increase the storage and drop the prices, and DD-only on consoles makes sense. Either way, I don't see it happening for a long time. CDs are still sold in shops, and games will be until everyone everywhere has unlimited high speed Internet.

legend166

I have no qualms with not owning discs. I own around 200 games on Steam.

I have qualms with:

- High prices
- Regional pricing (with no way around it)
- No competition
- Annoying DRM

They all exist in some form or another on the console DD platforms.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Gazunta said:
If you guys think physical media is going away next generation you're crazy.

And I'm a huge DD proponent!
Ain't nobody saying dis, frieeeen

legend166

Gazunta said:

Who's actually saying that though?

All I did was say that some people have a right to be worried for a console DD only future considering how they've handled it thus far.

Jintor

Ahhh, my new phone speaker just started crackling a little. I thought it was a problem with the audio file, but now the speaker is crackling for everything :T

It's not a huge deal but it's really annoying...

Omikron

Gazunta said:

Never said this once, just people stating 'oh if its DD only, I ain't buying that stuff. Ever' are being ridiculous.

Yes, current console generation it wouldn't work to be completely DD, but seriously. To just throw all your toys out of the pram like that? :p

jambo

That analyst article is hilarious, there's no way Rockstar would make their biggest game DD only. They want another 22 million seller.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So, err, as per my question earlier; will Myer and/or Kmart price match Harvey Norman for a video game?

jambo

Omi said:
Big assumption :p

Every GTA game save for the handheld ones has been released on PC. Rockstar not releasing RDR on PC means nothing.

In fact it wouldn't surprise me if PC was Day 1 with consoles.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
EatChildren said:
So, err, as per my question earlier; will Myer and/or Kmart price match Harvey Norman for a video game?
The warm, friendly experts at JB Hifi would be more than willing!

Gazunta

Happy Feet Two: The Video Game demo is up on PSN. Maybe it will be up on XBL tonight?

It's a video game. I "did" bits of it.

EatChildren said:

I've price matched at Myer and David Jones before, not sure about Kmart. If there is a Harvey Norman close by I'm sure they will.

Omikron

jambo said:
Every GTA game save for the handheld ones has been released on PC. Rockstar not releasing RDR on PC means nothing.

In fact it wouldn't surprise me if PC was Day 1 with consoles.

Has any GTA ever been released on the same day across platforms?

Assassins Creed : Revelations is being released on a Tuesday?

Since when does that happen. I won't be able to pick it up till Thursday.

jambo

Agyar said:
Somebody better hold those guys accountable to entirely relevant precedents set over a decade and half a dozen games ago.

I wasn't saying they were relevant to my hope that GTA V comes out on PC day 1, I was simply correcting Choc.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Rez said:
The warm, friendly experts at JB Hifi would be more than willing!

Fuck you guys!

I have a Coles voucher I need to use.

Which JB do you work at, by the way? I'm chummy with the games manager for the one on Bourke.

BanShunsaku said:
I've price matched at Myer and David Jones before, not sure about Kmart. If there is a Harvey Norman close by I'm sure they will.

Cool. Try I shall.

Gazunta

The day's early yet Choc.

So after Uncharted there's Mw3 and Skyrim, anything else big that we're watching for breaks?

Happy Feet 2 on December 7 excluded of course

Top Bottom