• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

legend166

Gazunta said:
Yep, so I played it once with Kohler, who then spread it to a few people, who spread it to a few people etc etc.

But now if Shaneus / Reptile can't find ppl to play with any more (fair enough, the game's 4 years old now!) I'll need to spread it around some more (oo-er missus etc)

And he tells two friends.

Jintor said:
Got my 360 controller + dongle for PC today, so gonna maybe finish up Chantelise tommorrow. Insert Coin tonight! Totes gonna arcade it up with my buddies.

can u link me to the dongle you got please jintor. i have a wireless one but it doesnt work for me, (even after fred so kindly tried to help me get it working for about an hour)

Choc said:
hrm, maybe a ce worth looking at?

618w_sonic_generation_collectors_edition.jpg
Sucks I'm only looking at getting the 3DS version, would be nice if it got something similar

elfinke

Choc said:
The first of four episodes of At Home with Julia aired at 9.30pm to an impressive 1.066 million viewers, ranking it sixth overall on the night, No.1 in its time slot and helping the ABC to second spot overall on the night.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...likes-julia-20110908-1jysf.html#ixzz1XKR8y7uL

thats a lot of viewers for the ABC

Ah nice. I rather enjoyed it - thought Tim, Katter and Alan were all spot on and good for a hearty laugh. The nasally accent
and big arse
was bang on also.

Jintor

Marshmellow said:
can u link me to the dongle you got please jintor. i have a wireless one but it doesnt work for me, (even after fred so kindly tried to help me get it working for about an hour)

Dunno if it works yet, haven't plugged it in. Was an OzGameShop offer a week or two back.

I'm getting more excited for Dead Island and to a lesser extent Space Marine, but I really don't have the cash right now...

Choc

Banned
A patch released earlier today for the Steam version of Dead Island will wipe out any progress made so far.

Marshmellow said:
$39 with controller and dongle.

Choc said:
A patch released earlier today for the Steam version of Dead Island will wipe out any progress made so far.
Well they were playing the dev release so they shouldnt be allow to keep their progress!

Marshmellow said:
Thanks, i did find that, i will pick one up when they are on special or when i have more money.
Also remember that the controller will apparently work with a 360 was well (according to Shaneus, haven't tried it myself yet). That price is super cheap for the official one too. They used to sell the dongle by itself for around $60.

Fogz

Jintor said:
Well, you were playing the developer version

ah, techland

Nah I wasn't, Y didn't work. Also I don't remember seeing any 360 prompts.

Good thing I was only a chapter or so in :\

Omikron

Fogz said:
Nah I wasn't, Y didn't work. Also I don't remember seeing any 360 prompts.

Good thing I was only a chapter or so in :\

Stop giving us opinions of games you have played man, leave it to the people who have read the OT.

Fogz

Omi said:
Stop giving us opinions of games you have played man, leave it to the people who have read the OT.

Sorry if it helps I think Hard Reset is going to be the same crap based on a couple of screenshots!

not really :p

Omikron

***WARNING *** AFL TALK! ***

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-09-08/wallis-banned-for-14-games/2876910

suspended for 14 matches by the AFL for betting on three matches, including one involving the Bombers.

Wallis has also been fined $7,500 after an AFL investigation found he had placed three bets totalling $400.

The suspension means Wallis cannot perform his usual role with the Bombers in Sunday's cut-throat elimination final against Carlton at the MCG on Sunday.

The three footy quad bets were worth $200, $100 and $100, with one of them winning.

AFL football operations manager Adrian Anderson said Wallis had initially been "untruthful" about the first two bets but later volunteered information about the third bet.

Anderson said the 14-match ban would have been less if Wallis had initially been more "upfront" with AFL investigators.

Anyone else think that is light on considering the multiple bets and the fact he didn't admit it? :S

Esp. compared with say, Heath Shaw.

Choc

Banned
Given that an NRL player is looking at a jail term over the same sort of thing, ah yes indeed its light

but the AFL is a bunch of light pansies anyway. 3 drug tests before you are booted? whatever

Yagharek

Omi said:
***WARNING *** AFL TALK! ***

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-09-08/wallis-banned-for-14-games/2876910

Anyone else think that is light on considering the multiple bets and the fact he didn't admit it? :S

Esp. compared with say, Heath Shaw.

Heath Shaw is a player, so that's one significant point. Another point is that he had six weeks of his ban suspended, so we can assume that's the benefit for admitting guilt. So I think Wallis' penalty is sufficient.

It doesn't change two things, however:
1. Betting on games as a player/coach/official is stupid
2. AFL is hypocritical in that they heavily advertise gambling at venues, despite blowing their own trumpet at being "family oriented" and cracking down on "antisocial behaviour".

jambo

The new 2012 broadcast agreement cracked down on a lot of the betting stuff. I'm fairly sure they won't be showing odds during matches anymore.

Finally.

Fredescu

jambo said:
I'm fairly sure they won't be showing odds during matches anymore.
Do they spruik upcoming TV shows during live commentary during AFL? That shit is so annoying. I'd take gambling over that any day.

elfinke

jambo

Fredescu said:
Do they spruik upcoming TV shows during live commentary during AFL? That shit is so annoying. I'd take gambling over that any day.

No idea about F2A, but they don't on Foxtel. It's all footy all the time.

Yagharek

DualShadow said:
Got a wicket already!!

Nice work Harris.

COPELAND!

edit: just on the AFL betting; Heath Shaw was using insider information to make his bet. He knew who was going forward and used that information for (a 3rd party IIRC) betting on who would kick the first goal. Wallis bet on 3 games, at the level of who was going to win - including Essendon in one of the games. That's nowhere near as devious and deceitful as Shaw, although it is equally stupid.

Omikron

HolyCheck said:
Shaw used insider information.

14 weeks will take him until mid to late June before he can return to his job (if he keeps it..)

Shouldn't keep his job imo.

Wallis bet on his own team without using inside information?

Well.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
RandomVince said:
Haha, I'm assuming HolyCheck posts on bomberblitz? :p

YOU ALREADY HAVE YOUR ANSWER.

DO SOME RESEARCH lol.
LSNCK.png

Omi said:

Well.

Well yes clearly, but it was on result, not on something like first goal knowing that the defensive player was playing forward for the first time

Yagharek

I know nothing.

Omi said:

Well.

Betting on your team to win vs betting on an unusual player position change to be the first goal kicker. It's a bit different at face value, unless the match is rigged in the first example.

Shaneus

Marshmellow said:
Thanks, i did find that, i will pick one up when they are on special or when i have more money.
Word of warning, even though it is a newly manufactured controller, it seems to have exactly the same d-pad issues as the original 360 controller. I was hoping to get one that had a d-pad like my brother's black wired one, but his has far more travel and is clickier than the one I just bought.

Hell, I still have the box for it and it's barely used. I'd be willing to part with it (dongle included) for a few bucks less than what Ozgameshop are selling it for if the d-pad isn't as big of a deal to you as it is to me.

Bernbaum

2011 will be remembered for some very important things, not least of all as the year when everyone got married/engaged. Just got the news that another friend is engaged.

I will never get married, I just can't see it happening.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So my plan on my iphone has expired or something. I've been thinking about going to an android handset to check them out. Should i? Or do i just grab an iphone 4 or wait until the 5 comes out?

legend166

Bernbaum said:
2011 will be remembered for some very important things, not least of all as the year when everyone got married/engaged. Just got the news that another friend is engaged.

I will never get married, I just can't see it happening.

My brother got engaged yesterday.

D:

Shaneus

evlcookie said:
So my plan on my iphone has expired or something. I've been thinking about going to an android handset to check them out. Should i? Or do i just grab an iphone 4 or wait until the 5 comes out?
The announcement of 5 is rumoured to be within a month or so. Apparently some German store is starting to take preorders.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I think i just want to get rid of iTunes, I find it to be annoying most of the time when i need to sync. It does however have better apps and more of them.

The only apps I do use though are twitter (i guess), one that tells me the pollen in the air and metlink / tram tracker which i think are coming to android right now. Not too sure about the pollen one.

I might check to see how much quota i get on the new plan, if any at all and go from there.

elfinke

evlcookie said:
I think i just want to get rid of iTunes, I find it to be annoying most of the time when i need to sync. It does however have better apps and more of them.

Still far and away the worst thing about iDevices. iTunes was what steered me away from jumping in on the iPhone bandwagon at the very beginning (although I caved sooner anyway).

iOS5 is bringing iTunes-less wireless syncing or something though isn't it?

sjt333

So any word on why Bloodrayne: Betrayal isn't on the Australian marketplace?

ShyGuy said:
Has anybody who got the Xbox Live Rewards email from Microsoft actually signed up AND been able to view their stats?

I signed up, I am already a Gold member, and it's been over 36 hours, and I still can't see my stats...

Anybody having issues or am I just being a tad impatient?
You have to wait a week before stats show up.

Jintor

I don't know why iTunes doesn't have a 'just downloaded' bar somewhere so I can see which of my 30 podcasts just updated

evlcookie said:

The only apps I do use though are twitter (i guess), one that tells me the pollen in the air and metlink / tram tracker which i think are coming to android right now. Not too sure about the pollen one.

I might check to see how much quota i get on the new plan, if any at all and go from there.
Winamp on android along with last.fm is fantastic. Sone decent apps but i dont really look on the marketplace much. New plans will have massive data caps for you.

Top Bottom