• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Fredescu

codswallop said:
Also: Been married to my wife today for five years and together for eleven.
Congrats! Less for murder and all that.

Edit: crappy post for the top of the page. Anyone have any avatar suggestions for me? I'm over my old one.

Yagharek

Bernbaum said:
That's the question I've wanted answered all day.

I genuinely wasn't sure there was some issue with retail copies of the games or whether it was an intentional design choice that is perturbing the experience for many players. The Naughty Dog community manager was skittish with accepting what members in the other thread were doing a pretty good job of describing and his aloofness has me thinking it is an issue that will not be rectified with a patch. Some people don't seem to notice it at all and I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and try the game for myself.

The way Rez describes it, it's almost a game-breaker.

That's quite concerning.

All I want to know is if its fine like the last two. Both of them I found fine, even with other people complaining relative to gears. But if they think this is worse compared to uncharted 2, alarm bells start ringing.

Maybe I should play vanquish again instead.

I'm upto chapter four and I haven't shot a thing. Not because of aim issues, you just don't use a gun at the start of the game.

Last Crusade

Deeku

I just scanned the UC3 thread and DAMN some people are angry. I've only played up to chapter 6, but honestly didn't have any huge issues with the aiming. Like I said, it is sluggish at first, and kinda weird, but to me it's something that you would probably get used to..?

I don't know, I don't play enough shooting games to have something to compare it to, but it definitely feels different. I don't think it's game-breaking.

Oh but I do remember Vanquish being crazy responsive, but you can't really compare them since the action is kinda paced differently.

legend166

I feel like there's a real opening for a good PC video game website. Like you said Fred, there's RPS and that's basically it.

Let's make one, and we can all get Steam press accounts!

hamchan

commanderdeek said:
I just scanned the UC3 thread and DAMN some people are angry. I've only played up to chapter 6, but honestly didn't have any huge issues with the aiming. Like I said, it is sluggish at first, and kinda weird, but to me it's something that you would probably get used to..?

I don't know, I don't play enough shooting games to have something to compare it to, but it definitely feels different. I don't think it's game-breaking.

Oh but I do remember Vanquish being crazy responsive, but you can't really compare them since the action is kinda paced differently.
It's because UC2's aiming is perfect, there was no need for Naughty Dog to alter it. I'm already used to it 10 chapters in but I still don't like it.

Bern has rekindled my passion for the mans man.
RAM arrived while I was at work.
FbFKV.jpg

The lady picked me up at lunch and went to EB. They only had vanilla UC3 on the shelf
1IOO6.jpg

I go up to the counter and ask if they have any SE copies, the dude goes out the back for a few minutes and comes out with the LAST SE copy!
OV9ck.jpg

He then agrees to price match Harvey Norman and even throws in the EB pre-order pack for free!
YpcwZ.jpg

I then use my discounted EB gift cards so the whole thing only costs me $70. Feels good man.
RPIHY.jpg

The Drake ring is now dangling around my neck lovingly. I finally have something worth passing down to my son. Going to take out a safe deposit box at the bank tomorrow. I'm pretty sure the PS3 skin causes birth defects it is so stupid though.

Spent my afternoon mowing the forest. Damn arms are so sore now. Almost ready to break into Uncharted 3, I imagine it will be like going down on Jesus. All over my face.

Gazunta said:
Vook why aren't you running a PC site. I've got PC stuff coming out of my ears. Nothing for the Wii or 2/3DS. :/
Omi said:
Send me a copy of Skyrim for review. Tah.
Dude, we should start up RPS Australia. Piggyback on their popularity and use their links to Eurogamer to bring in the big advertising dollars. Plus we get free PC games. WIN WIN.

codswallop said:
Also: Been married to my wife today for five years and together for eleven.
I don't expect to live another 5 years let alone 11. Nice work!

Gazunta said:
Why not get rid of scores entirely Vooks?
I like your jib cut.

Choc said:
maybe all reviews should have a tldr; paragraph at the very end
that could work!
To be honest I LOVED when sites broke down Graphics, Sound, Gameplay, Longevity, Workmanship, etc and gave them a little sentence. Gave a good picture of how the game holds up. PCPP used to do it I think, same with PalGN?

jambo said:
Man Archer is incredible.

"Lana... LANA... LANNNNNAAAAAAAAAA!"
"What?"
"Dangerzone."
The whole damn thing is incredible! Long wait for the next season though. Taster of an older episode.

Fredescu said:
Congrats! Less for murder and all that.

Edit: crappy post for the top of the page. Anyone have any avatar suggestions for me? I'm over my old one.
Football in the groin! Football in the groin!
m.gif

Shaneus said:
I miss Mar :(
Same. If you are reading this Mar you are good people!

South Park has an episode called 1%. Dis gun be gud!

Jintor

Do any of you want to build a machine to cram admin law into my brain? I have a week to study that and equity law at the same time.

Kerrby

Banned
Rahk said:
On the way home I noticed a man zipping up his jeans at a graveyard. Was he literally pissing on a grave?

I'm say more probably defiling the deceased.

Damn all you married people, anyone want to find me a wife?

Yagharek

hamchan said:
It's because UC2's aiming is perfect, there was no need for Naughty Dog to alter it. I'm already used to it 10 chapters in but I still don't like it.

This and deeks comment put my mind slightly at ease. Might go in tomorrow and pick it up with a ps3 slim.

Bernbaum

Uncharted 3 is fantastic.

Concerns over the aiming are legitimate, but how they hamper your experience depends entirely on the player. It's clearly a headache for some.

It's easy to get grumpy, but my reaction to the controls is little more than lumping myself in the 'why they change it from UC2?' camp.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Bernbaum said:
Uncharted 3 is fantastic.

Concerns over the aiming are legitimate, but how they hamper your experience depends entirely on the player. It's clearly a headache for some.

It's easy to get grumpy, but my reaction to the controls is little more than lumping myself in the 'why they change it from UC2?' camp.

If it's like Killzone was I'm going to kill someone.

Jintor said:
Things you can legitimately text to your boss in my line of work: "Praise the sun!"
Same here, would mean we could get some damn concrete jobs out of the way. Plus people spend less time inside their houses smashing them up when it is nice and warm outside. Plus less pilot lights going out in heaters because no-one is using them!

VOOK said:
If it's like Killzone was I'm going to kill someone.
Move controls in Uncharted 4eva! would be godly.

Shaneus

Everyone should download the latest Conan with Hugh Jackman. Guy is just made of Charisma and gives all of us a great name.

I hope.

Rezbit said:
There is a guy running round in the NFL called BenJarvus Green-Ellis. Best name ever.

Thought you said NFL thread the first time I read this which made it seem a little less impressive. But yeah that's cool.

Shaneus said:
Everyone should download the latest Conan with Hugh Jackman. Guy is just made of Charisma and gives all of us a great name.

I hope.

Him and Ewan McGregor are men that I try to emulate. Both just ooze charisma and seem like nice, genuine, people.

Axiom

Wearing an Uncharted necklace while playing through a Sonic game. I feel very self-consciously nerdy all of a sudden.

It will pass.

On that note, the 'Original Sonic' version of City Escape may be one of the best levels I've played in a platformer.

Can't get access to the PS3 to pop in Uncharted yet.

Edit: Still a bit pissed EB didn't get enough Sonic CE's despite my pre-order

r1chard

So given that ICO/SoTC took 14 business days to get to me from ozgameshop I'm thinking of cancelling that pre-order and looking elsewhere ... to where? play-asia took ages to get me my LBP pre-order back in the day. What are the other options? Apart from $120 in an actual store, that is.

Shaneus

Oh. POSTed.

You needed correct capitalisation to represent an acronym, old chum.

PS. Congrats. VICTORY!

PPS. Pretty sure there's not a single person on the episode of STTNG that's airing now that I wouldn't do.

Danoss

Got my PS3 working again today, thought it was broken (it did actually have a HDD death).

Seems that my Onkyo AV receiver which it was being passed through was borked, it won't pass though any higher resolution than 576p. I swear AV amps are a waste of time and money for what you get, I'm totally going to grab a stereo integrated amp and some nice Dynaudio DM2/6's sometime in the future.

Since the PS3 is now working, I went and picked up UC3 and RDR for it today from JB. I haven't actually finished UC2, but I'm working on that at the moment. I was given a promo copy of UC2 by a friend a while back, but didn't play it due to the assumed dead PS3.

I'm wondering if console shooting was always this bad, after being on the PC for so long. Is the shooting in UC2 ordinary to begin with or have I been spoiled by the fantastic KB/M combo? It feels so clunky and difficult to be accurate, so much that I abhor any section in this game where shooting has to be done, but am quite enjoying everything else about it.

Choc said:
as sad as it is this isn't true.
I guess not right now but they should. If you look at why people don't like the games media at a place like GAF the main reason is a lack of trust. I think most people understand difference of opinions, but they've been burnt by stories of reviews and previews being sold.

If a media outlet got a reputation for giving frank and fearless reviews people would take them more seriously. What is big gaming (patent pending) going to do? Not give them a review copy? Oh well, just go and buy the damn thing. You might be a day late, but if it's good enough people will wait. Actually they probably wouldn't. Maybe try and line up a back room deal with a store. Man, I really want to do this now. If I had any business knowledge or time I would.

And that's not even getting me started on the fact games media don't actually report news beyond new games being announced.

Choc

Banned
FallbackPants said:
I guess not right now but they should. If you look at why people don't like the games media at a place like GAF the main reason is a lack of trust. I think most people understand difference of opinions, but they've been burnt by stories of reviews and previews being sold.

If a media outlet got a reputation for giving frank and fearless reviews people would take them more seriously. What is big gaming (patent pending) going to do? Not give them a review copy? Oh well, just go and buy the damn thing. You might be a day late, but if it's good enough people will wait. Actually they probably wouldn't. Maybe try and line up a back room deal with a store. Man, I really want to do this now. If I had any business knowledge or time I would.

And that's not even getting me started on the fact games media don't actually report news beyond new games being announced.

Visit serrels site sometime. Some do.

Outlets that don't play 'fair' are denied access to previews, interviews, exclusives and so on. Less content means fewer page views means less money.

The only place off the top of my head that can choose advertisers and say what they want is Penny Arcade. It wasn't like that for a long time thing, they had to put in some hard yards first though.

Top Bottom