• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Fogz

BananaArnie said:
im once again calling on ausgaf to suggest movies for me to spend the day watching instead of falling asleep.
todays category, HEIST movies.
all suggestions welcome.

I actually really liked The Bank Job with Stafham

Choc

Banned
ive not played a 10/10 this year i dont think one has existed

i can't remember my last ten, it possibly was UC2 lol!

i dont mean in content level wise, there's enough quirks and design decisions for me not to award UC3 a 10.

Is it just me or is there a shit ton more shooting this time (once you get past the intro, which is kinda cool that intro)

senahorse

evlcookie said:
X3n, How did your fancy toothbrush go? We need a review!
Soon cookie, I am still lying in bed :D

Edit: also Arnie I read that the cloth map was paper with some burlap type covering, I could be wrong :p

Jintor

I know we're all just secret reddit browsers but I got a kick out of this

HCOds.jpg

Choc

Banned
jintor

interesting you mentioned you changed your score based on another writer from your publications score

why? :) i wouldn't do that

i get that people are idiots and always compare reviews, but you should go with what you really feel surely

Jintor

Probably because they're linked to the publication and there should be comparative consistency between scores. On the other hand, it might have been because I'm an impressionable twerp.

r1chard

I give up. Now ozgameshop can't supply the SE Skyrim that I pre-ordered. This is after GAME also failed to do so.

Screw it, I'm just going to buy the damn thing off a damn shelf and suck the retail markup. At this point I'll be happy just getting the game.

r1chard said:
I give up. Now ozgameshop can't supply the SE Skyrim that I pre-ordered. This is after GAME also failed to do so.

Screw it, I'm just going to buy the damn thing off a damn shelf and suck the retail markup. At this point I'll be happy just getting the game.

Ah, that sucks. You getting the console or PC version?

Yagharek

Sutton Dagger said:
You have terrible taste in games and you should feel bad...

No I don't. Bethesda games are universally rubbish. Call of duty is consistent at least. Its a guilty pleasure like a series of 24. Not high art, but good at what it does.

Omikron

RandomVince said:
No I don't. Bethesda games are universally rubbish. Call of duty is consistent at least. Its a guilty pleasure like a series of 24. Not high art, but good at what it does.

Morrowind is still a high point in western rpgs.

Rahk

BananaArnie said:
im once again calling on ausgaf to suggest movies for me to spend the day watching instead of falling asleep.
all suggestions welcome.
Heat.

Why wasn't this the first suggestion?

I also liked The Town.

Omi said:
Morrowind is still a high point in western rpgs.
I preferred Daggerfall, even with all it's bugs (if you think Fallout: New Vegas' reputation was bad, you clearly haven't played Daggerfall).

Mainly because I could ride a horse on the top of buildings.

r1chard

Sutton Dagger said:
Ah, that sucks
It's just the latest in a line of failed pre-orders through sites like that. Their low, low prices tempt me away from Steam.

Sutton Dagger said:
You getting the console or PC version?
PC so I can lock myself away in the study for hours and hours and hours :)

RandomVince said:
No I don't. Bethesda games are universally rubbish.
That's an interesting view you have there. Not one that's universally accepted, of course.

senahorse

evlcookie said:
X3n, How did your fancy toothbrush go? We need a review!

Brush is great :D

I kicked it off and started a countdown for each quadrant and the end of each section the bathroom display gave me a visual indicator to change as well as some force feedback through the brush itself.

My teeth definitely feel cleaner than a normal manual brushing and it will only get better with time as I get used to the thing (there are a bunch of other modes as well). We are just using the standard brushing heads but it came with a sample of the deluxe heads, one which is meant to improve whitening and one which does flossing as well as brushing :O.

The Oral-B Triumph 5000, currently at $99 (after $50 cash back from Oral-B) from your local shaver shop, rrp is $199.

this has been a service announcement from someone not affiliated with Oral-B or the Shaver Shop

x3n05 said:
Oral-B Triumph 5000.
Oh I have this brush, except without the wireless screen (when you buy a two-pack you don't get the screen).

Your teeth feel like they're buffed afterwards, especially if you do the full two minutes to get the smiley face on the brush's screen. I also use the polishing head every couple of weeks.

Don't be surprised if your gums bleed a little for the first week or so.

guidop

BananaArnie said:
all suggestions welcome.

Anything by Jean Pierre Melville. All his movies are pretty much heist movies more or less, check his imdb. Le samourai would be my first suggestion. RiFiFi is awesome too, different director but fantastic. Asphalt Jungle if you want something in english

Danoss

x3n05 said:
The Oral-B Triumph 5000

Do you know how regularly you're supposed to change the heads/brushes? It looks awesome, but I'm just wondering what the cost is to keep it running efficiently.

Danoss said:
Do you know how regularly you're supposed to change the heads/brushes? It looks awesome, but I'm just wondering what the cost is to keep it running efficiently.
I find every three months is realistic (though they probably need to be changed earlier). I've had Oral-B electric brushes for a few years and you can use the cheaper model brushes on the more expensive brushes. They can be found in packs cheap every now and then.

Also: Do a barrel roll.

senahorse

codswallop said:
Oh I have this brush, except without the wireless screen (when you buy a two-pack you don't get the screen).

Your teeth feel like they're buffed afterwards, especially if you do the full two minutes to get the smiley face on the brush's screen. I also use the polishing head every couple of weeks.

Don't be surprised if your gums bleed a little for the first week or so.

Yeah that happened this morning, and I did get the smiley face and kept going lol.

Danoss said:

They say about every 3 months, but that's just a guide. The basic brushes cost as $18 for a four pack.

Omi said:
Man, what will I do without that cloth map.
All this talk of Skyrim keeps reminding me that I need to cancel my pre-order, even though I did it weeks ago. Maybe it is a sign that I actually DO want a copy of it?

BananaArnie said:
all suggestions welcome.
Ronin - so good
Heat - so good
Inside Man - really enjoyable
Inception - it IS a heist movie

All my suggestions were already taken. :(

You should watch Bulleit too just for the car chase. Would go great with Ronin.

Maybe play some PayDay too!

Omi said:
I will hand it to the 7 month old child. It won't last a minute.
Damn, I was sure that Fred and you had kids older than mine. My mind was AGAIN playing tricks on me.

Omi said:
Also, why does Origin need to what appears to be, do a full system scan of your files? :-/
Been known for a while after the initial EULA was released. They want your information to sell to marketing firms and call centres. Accepted espionage these days unfortunately.

Jintor said:
Probably because they're linked to the publication and there should be comparative consistency between scores.
Good chap. Important for a publication to remain consistent even with a wide range of reviewers otherwise the scores become even more meaningless. If you can't compare scores given by a publication then what is the point?

r1chard said:
PC so I can lock myself away in the study for hours and hours and hours :)
Just grab a cheap CD key then and keep an eye out for a cheap SE locally. The Duke 4eva CE was $38 at GAME the other day, the Avatar CE's still a blocking up Dick Smiths around the country and the Bioshock 2 CE has been on sale many, many times.

legend166 said:
Getting into an argument with the Snowblind PR person over the regional pricing of LotR: War in the North on Steam. Yay.

Got a link? Maybe we can get an AusGAF pile on going. Regional pricing is bullshit, as is the two week release delay for Aus.

Edit: Nvm found the thread.

midonnay

when I had a landline, I don't even bother answering anymore when I hear a funny accent :/

its "hello?"

"This is not a sales call"

*slam*

jambo

Dammit, my Asajj Ventress lightsaber order from Amazon was cancelled as "USPS has a 42" length limit for shipping items to your country, and the saber is 46" long."

DTH4P.gif

Trying another seller, they use FedEx so hopefully it'll work out this time.

Jintor said:
NSW Liberal AG makes a ridiculous, nonsensical statement about banning GTAIV for some reason

That is fucking nonsensical, I don't understand how he can say that with a straight face while allowing violent and sexually explicit movies and books. What a moron. And that 7 news report was horribly one sided too. If only Media Watch was an hour long.

teekun

Choc said:
Is it just me or is there a shit ton more shooting this time (once you get past the intro, which is kinda cool that intro)
I'm through chapter 9 and so far it feels to me like there's actually longer stretches without any shooting at all. But once the shooting does start, it goes on for quite a while. The shooting setups all flow really well into each other to the point where you feel as exhausted as the characters probably would. In Uncharted 1, for example, you'd clear a room and then have a break before the next. In this one the fighting moves pretty seamlessly from area to area.

Bernbaum

midonnay said:
when I had a landline, I don't even bother answering anymore when I hear a funny accent :/

its "hello?"

"This is not a sales call"

*slam*
If my landline rings, and it's not my parents, it's a telemarketer.

Top Bottom