• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

The Project doesn't masquerade as serious journalism though. Yes, it's a surface-scratching, superficial news, gossip and comedy digest for lazy people, but that is all it presents itself as.

Also, the naked antagonism between the tall guy and the right-wing-radio-talkshow-guest-presenter-of-the-day is hilarious.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Choc said:
what? in a good context (hahaha who am i kidding)
tumblr_lhd0sqqw2q1qc8sedo1_r3_500.gif

Omikron

I am happy, Les Murray got back to one of my tweets.

Add that to the Robbie Slater replies 8)

Also: The Watchman arrived. woo.

Choc said:
the uncharted 3 guide just got dumped on my desk

what to do what to do
Book Depository were nice enough to let me know that it had been released early so I would be getting it before the game even came out!

The order is still in processing...

I want my bloody guide book please! Looks fantastic.

Choc

Banned
“Any game with sexual violence will be refused classification. Sexual violence is refused classification now, and it will be refused classification once R18+ passes,” the minister affirmed.

Also speaking to Kotaku, O’Connor dismissed Smith’s comments, saying that while he believes the attorney general has some valid concerns, those concerns relate to content currently and likely to remain covered by the Refused Classification category.

“There will continue to be material that is Refused Classification but some of what he is referring to is already Refused Classification. [Some of] the games he refers to are already banned,” O’Connor noted.

looks like the fears that MA15 would just become R are true

Omikron

Choc said:
“Any game with sexual violence will be refused classification. Sexual violence is refused classification now, and it will be refused classification once R18+ passes,” the minister affirmed.

Also speaking to Kotaku, O’Connor dismissed Smith’s comments, saying that while he believes the attorney general has some valid concerns, those concerns relate to content currently and likely to remain covered by the Refused Classification category.

“There will continue to be material that is Refused Classification but some of what he is referring to is already Refused Classification. [Some of] the games he refers to are already banned,” O’Connor noted.

I thought that was pretty much a given. It is the easiest solution in the short term for the politicians as they don't have to actually amend all that much. Just elimate MA and instate R in its place keeping the categories pretty much as they stand.

Choc said:
Omi said:
Just elimate MA and instate R in its place keeping the categories pretty much as they stand.

This was pretty much my worst case scenario (and from the meeting in July seemed like there was a 50/50 chance of that happening). And thus I expect it to be exactly what happens.

And so I will continue importing and nothing will have changed.

pilonv1 said:
So basically the R18+ is just a placebo?
A way to simultaneously shut up people who want a rating with the name "R18+" and to placate the people who think it's too easy for minors to get 'abhorrent' games.

So really, no change except in name only and it doesn't fix the actual problem. Sounds like the government to me!

Omikron

codswallop said:
A way to simultaneously shut up people who want a rating with the name "R18+" and to placate the people who think it's too easy for minors to get 'abhorrent' games.

So really, no change except in name only and it doesn't fix the actual problem. Sounds like the government to me!

See, if I was the ACL, I would get R18+ in (as a reclassified MA) and then attempt to get R18+ banned due to abhorrent content that needs to protect kids etc, leaving the country with M rated games or below. Genius!

Choc

Banned
Omi said:
I thought that was pretty much a given. It is the easiest solution in the short term for the politicians as they don't have to actually amend all that much. Just elimate MA and instate R in its place keeping the categories pretty much as they stand.

the only thing is it does remove teh COB requirement for them to think about whether a child should see it or not if R18 exists

its how movies work

Choc

Banned
stolen from K AU (sorry mark)

R 18+ – RESTRICTED
Impact test
The impact of material classified R 18+ should not exceed high.

Note: Material classified R 18+ is legally restricted to adults. Some material classified R 18+ may be offensive to sections of the adult community.

Classifiable elements
THEMES
There are virtually no restrictions on the treatment of themes.

VIOLENCE
Violence is permitted. High impact violence that is, in context, frequently gratuitous, exploitative and offensive to a reasonable adult will not be permitted.

Sexual violence may be implied, if non-interactive and justified by context.

SEX
Sexual activity may be realistically simulated. The general rule is
“simulation, yes – the real thing, no”.

LANGUAGE
There are virtually no restrictions on language.

DRUG USE
Drug use is permitted.
Drug use related to incentives and rewards is not permitted.

NUDITY
Nudity is permitted.

Dead Man

codswallop said:

While it is far from ideal, it is still an improvement to me. At least this way the cries of 'What about the kids' can be diminished, if a game is only available to 18+.

Choc

Banned
so

its one year to the day the A380 engine exploded over indonesia QF32

the return flight (QF31) had an engine problem today.

WTF

Dead Man said:
While it is far from ideal, it is still an improvement to me. At least this way the cries of 'What about the kids' can be diminished, if a game is only available to 18+.
Also no bullshit like Fallout 3 having to change the name of a drug to suit us.

Choc said:
so

its one year to the day the A380 engine exploded over indonesia QF32

the return flight (QF31) had an engine problem today.

WTF
Joyce: Pilot sabotage I am sure of it.

reptilescorpio said:
Also no bullshit like Fallout 3 having to change the name of a drug to suit us.
The RC guidelines still prevent games from using drugs as an incentive, so that change will still have to happen.

Calling it Med-X over morphine is more in line with the Fallout universe, anyway.

MrSerrels

Choc said:
stolen from K AU (sorry mark)

R 18+ – RESTRICTED
Impact test
The impact of material classified R 18+ should not exceed high.

Note: Material classified R 18+ is legally restricted to adults. Some material classified R 18+ may be offensive to sections of the adult community.

Classifiable elements
THEMES
There are virtually no restrictions on the treatment of themes.

VIOLENCE
Violence is permitted. High impact violence that is, in context, frequently gratuitous, exploitative and offensive to a reasonable adult will not be permitted.

Sexual violence may be implied, if non-interactive and justified by context.

SEX
Sexual activity may be realistically simulated. The general rule is
“simulation, yes – the real thing, no”.

LANGUAGE
There are virtually no restrictions on language.

DRUG USE
Drug use is permitted.
Drug use related to incentives and rewards is not permitted.

NUDITY
Nudity is permitted.

Ahaha -- no worries man.

Choc

Banned
commanderdeek said:
I totally just spent an hour and a half in the harbour tunnel. Good times.

truck jackknifed on the bridge taking out all lanes, crazy

also i hope you went and punched every dickhead in the tunnel that didn't turn their engine off while you were stuck

Gazunta

Those Dorkly videos are awesome. They're kinda like my Old Videogame Jokes, but with a bigger budget, animation,
and humour

Top Bottom