• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Yagharek

Box of Bunnies said:
future.jpg

Someone needs to go back in time to 1735 and stop Atkinson from hatching from the ground.

edit:

Also just got home with my matte white PS3. Thing is so quiet all I can hear is the cacophony of mouse farts in the house.

Whats the best way to transfer my content across? HDD backup or just download it all again?

edit: btw I dont mind waiting for an answer. FIRMWARE UPDATE GOOOOOOO!!

Jintor

Jealous of all you fuckers playing games right now. Gonna go home, review my culture/tech essay and add in all the references, and then dive straight into admin law.

Choc

Banned
Jintor said:
Jealous of all you fuckers playing games right now. Gonna go home, review my culture/tech essay and add in all the references, and then dive straight into admin law.

when you're doing blow off hookers stomachs in the ivys bathroom, while simultaneously being licked all over by 3 other girls,

then you will be a lawyer :p

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Jintor said:

Pfft, when I get home i'll be hammering together my new TV cabinet! can't wait

and what Choc said is 100% right lol.

I have a friend doing an internship at a big lawfirm... the stories.. oh the stories..

Jintor

Still, subbing reviews isn't all bad.

A tiny group of developers could toil their entire lives and never create such a sprawling, rich game world, filled with so many types of weapons, missions, vehicles, and penis jokes.

Jintor said:
A tiny group of developers could toil their entire lives and never create such a sprawling, rich game world, filled with so many types of weapons, missions, vehicles, and penis jokes.

Skyrim sounds great!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Finally home from work. Time to start Uncharted 3. Will be back later to bitch about how shit it is.

Shaneus

EatChildren said:
Finally home from work. Time to start Uncharted 3. Will be back later to bitch about how shit it is.
There's a thread full of people commenting on how good/shit the game is without having actually played it, why should you? Save yourself some time :)

Yagharek

OK, so on my current PS3 jaunt Im trying to come up with a concise yet definitive list of games to get for it. Ideally the games will be either excellent quality and exclusive, though exclusive is not an absolute requirement. The system is going to remain my movie player as much as games system, and when Wii U comes out the 360 will be going. (ie 360 is my CoD box to keep in touch with mates back home in Tas).

So, livejournal over, these are the games Im thinking of:

PSN: Pixeljunk series, Wipeout HD, Stardust, Outrun, GTI Club and Elefunk already got and cant sell anyway. Oddworld Stranger will come next.

Multiplatform games: Arkham Asylum, Orange Box, Vanquish, Bayonetta (maybe), Virtua Fighter 5, Deus Ex HR and eventually MGS HD collection. Project Eden perhaps? Portal 2?

Exclusives: Everybodys Golf, Uncharteds, Little Big Planet, Valkyria Chronicles, MGS4, Ico/SOTC

It's not a comprehensive list, but its a damn good concentration of quality I believe. Any suggestions are welcome, especially for exclusives, great ports or double/triple packs.

Demons/Dark Souls maaaaaay be considered. But be warned I'm daunted by them.

Shaneus said:
There's a thread full of people commenting on how good/shit the game is without having actually played it, why should you? Save yourself some time :)

I laughed.
You could have reviewed Forza 4 before release though :p

edit: FUCK YOU GAF GOOGLE ADS YOU GOT ME EXCITED FOR NO REASON. I thought Stargate Universe Series 2 was out on DVD. Instead its an ad for S1. :(

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Shaneus said:

As the shocking realisation sets in that nobody on all of NeoGAF actually plays any games.

HolyCheck

A public campaign to keep Father Bob Maguire at his South Melbourne parish next year appears to have failed, with the high-profile priest receiving notice today that his replacement had been appointed to take over from February.

=[

Deeku

Jintor said:
Heh, I'll be banging out a few hours of UC3 before going to finish off my last major assignment. Then it's study time for final exams!

Shaneus

EatChildren said:
As the shocking realisation sets in that nobody on all of NeoGAF actually plays any games.
The list of games in my backlog is bigger than the internet itself.

Oh, everyone should listen to the podcast "My Brother, My Brother and Me". It's awesome.

RandomVince said:
OK, so on my current PS3 jaunt Im trying to come up with a concise yet definitive list of games to get for it. Ideally the games will be either excellent quality and exclusive, though exclusive is not an absolute requirement. The system is going to remain my movie player as much as games system, and when Wii U comes out the 360 will be going. (ie 360 is my CoD box to keep in touch with mates back home in Tas).

So, livejournal over, these are the games Im thinking of:

PSN: Pixeljunk series, Wipeout HD, Stardust, Outrun, GTI Club and Elefunk already got and cant sell anyway. Oddworld Stranger will come next.

Multiplatform games: Arkham Asylum, Orange Box, Vanquish, Bayonetta (maybe), Virtua Fighter 5, Deus Ex HR and eventually MGS HD collection. Project Eden perhaps? Portal 2?

Exclusives: Everybodys Golf, Uncharteds, Little Big Planet, Valkyria Chronicles, MGS4, Ico/SOTC

It's not a comprehensive list, but its a damn good concentration of quality I believe. Any suggestions are welcome, especially for exclusives, great ports or double/triple packs.

Demons/Dark Souls maaaaaay be considered. But be warned I'm daunted by them.

Infamous 1 and 2 I enjoyed.

Rahk

Choc said:
“Any game with sexual violence will be refused classification. Sexual violence is refused classification now, and it will be refused classification once R18+ passes,” the minister affirmed.

Also speaking to Kotaku, O’Connor dismissed Smith’s comments, saying that while he believes the attorney general has some valid concerns, those concerns relate to content currently and likely to remain covered by the Refused Classification category.

“There will continue to be material that is Refused Classification but some of what he is referring to is already Refused Classification. [Some of] the games he refers to are already banned,” O’Connor noted.

looks like the fears that MA15 would just become R are true
Thought this was clear since the draft guidelines. Hopefully the classification reviewers will be a bit more lenient though. I presume it would be more likely for something like L4D2 to get through just because of the fact that no one over 18 should be playing it. I guess if the guidelines are very strictly enforced it even still might not be possible though.

Rahk

Shaneus said:
The list of games in my backlog is bigger than the internet itself.

Oh, everyone should listen to the podcast "My Brother, My Brother and Me". It's awesome.
Pretty sure a lot of AusGAF already listens, but yes it is awesome.

RandomVince said:
Any suggestions are welcome, especially for exclusives, great ports or double/triple packs.
HAVE I INFORMED YOU OF THE INTERNET SITE OZGAMESHOP.COM? THEY HAVE SOME STUFF THAT MAY INTEREST YOU.

Also Zavvi for cheap Platinum games.

Rezbit

legend166 said:
Do you guys know what night it is?

It's a....

BAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLL NIIIIIGHT.

Going to the Kings game. Mainly to watch Patty Mills.

Damn NBL sucks now :( At least Patty be worth a watch.

I remember how awesome it was in the mid-90s at the height of basketball popularity. I always used to go to the Devils games at the DEC, and they were usually chockers. Then the whole thing fell apart. Now you can't even see games on TV except delayed on OneHD. :|

pilonv1

They were live in prime time last year. Was awesome to have two live NBA games and then an NBL game on a Friday night.

Now we have nothing.

legend166

Rezbit said:
Damn NBL sucks now :( At least Patty be worth a watch.

I remember how awesome it was in the mid-90s at the height of basketball popularity. I always used to go to the Devils games at the DEC, and they were usually chockers. Then the whole thing fell apart. Now you can't even see games on TV except delayed on OneHD. :|

Kings games are still pretty enjoyable to go to. Even though I don't know any of the players.

HolyCheck

Um, So I'm listening to JJJ unearthed the radio station now,

and they're currently playing Satan by Young & Restless.

Young & Restless split up in 2009.

The song playing now is from 2006.

Does this fall under the stations what they should play? what the heck.

(I was heaps into them when they came out ;_; then they broke up and I got sad. now JJJU is rubbing it in my face)

r1chard

It's hard to find time for playing games when my wife just announced we now own the DVDs of The Running Man, RoboCop (all three!) and Predator! Where am I to find the time GAF?!?

HolyCheck

Dear Nicholas,

I would like to sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused to you.

The Transport Ticketing Authority (TTA) has agreed to give you the $4.00 to bring your account out of a negative balance enabling you to access the new myki pass that you purchased.

FUCK YES! A WIN FOR THE LITTLE MAN.

jambo

HolyCheck said:

(I was heaps into them when they came out ;_; then they broke up and I got sad. now JJJU is rubbing it in my face)

Unearthed has been a part of JJJ since 1995, so it's not surprising that they'd play some "old" songs on the Unearthed digital channel every now and then. Plus Young & Restless did win the Unearthed comp in 2006.

HolyCheck said:

They also play Full Scale every now and then just to remind us how awesome they were. I like to be reminded about all the amazing Aussie bands that have come and gone. I would hate for my child to never hear Cog on the radio when he is a few years older.

HolyCheck

jambo said:
Unearthed has been a part of JJJ since 1995, so it's not surprising that they'd play some "old" songs on the Unearthed digital channel every now and then. Plus Young & Restless did win the Unearthed comp in 2006.

I know, but I was under the impression they were playing newer stuff :(

Rezbit

I heard JJJ play One Armed Scissor from ATDI. I was like FUCK YEAH!

Also that's awesome, you're like a regular Darryl Kerrigan.

jambo

HolyCheck said:
I know, but I was under the impression they were playing newer stuff :(

They are playing fucking new stuff. You heard one "old" fucking song for fucks sake you fucking hipster Syth.

Fuck.

I think they wouldn't have enough content to broadcast new shit 24 hours a day.

Totally thought Choc was some random guy until someone posted about his avatar change lol.

MrSerrels said:
I sent him some emails and he went apeshit on me on air.

It's right at the start.

link?

Choc said:
also i hope you went and punched every dickhead in the tunnel that didn't turn their engine off while you were stuck

huh

HolyCheck

jambo said:
They are playing fucking new stuff. You heard one "old" fucking song for fucks sake you fucking hipster Syth.

Fuck.

Ok, I've only ever heard new stuff on there so this was a shock.

p.s. read my other post. I BEAT THE MAN

edit: thanks Gaz! p,s, I posted something for you last page.. i forget now what..

Yagharek

Well done HolyCheck. About fucking time.

Also, I just saw a vid of Demons Souls for the first time. It looks like a good version of Oblivion. But it also looks like you cant heal in it. Is that true? edit: google tells me you can.

jambo

HolyCheck said:
Ok, I've only ever heard new stuff on there so this was a shock.

Bullshit. It looks to me like the best part of you ran down the crack of your mama's ass and ended up as a brown stain on the mattress. I bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around.

Top Bottom