• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
jambo said:
Bullshit. It looks to me like the best part of you ran down the crack of your mama's ass and ended up as a brown stain on the mattress. I bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around.

*paging mod*

:lol

Danoss

Just finished Uncharted 2. I'm quite LTTP in that regard, but it was worth the wait.

I initially hated the combat, but it seems that can be put down to me being quite rusty on the old dual sticks. I eventually became familiar with it again and was no longer rolling my eyes when a combat sequence came around.

I honestly don't play video games for the story, and it is not often I actually pay the story any attention. UC2 is different. It's not a groundbreaking effort in storytelling by any means, but it is fantastic pulpy fun, delivered well; which is right up my alley.

Everyone who is a PSN+ member should grab the free mini Where Is My Heart? Really enjoyable so far. I should be playing Uncharted 3. I will stop now.

Rezbit said:
I heard JJJ play One Armed Scissor from ATDI. I was like FUCK YEAH!
Been playing a fair bit of Mastodon too. They also yesterday played the version of Roquefort by Karnivool with the horn section from Cat Empire. So good.

roosters93 said:
I think they wouldn't have enough content to broadcast new shit 24 hours a day.
They would come damn close to it. Pretty much every Aussie band would email their tracks to Triple J. Even the website has an INSANE amount of undiscovered music on it.

jambo said:
Bullshit. It looks to me like the best part of you ran down the crack of your mama's ass and ended up as a brown stain on the mattress. I bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around.
101_4217.JPG

MrSerrels

roosters93 said:
I think they wouldn't have enough content to broadcast new shit 24 hours a day.

Totally thought Choc was some random guy until someone posted about his avatar change lol.

link?

huh

Can't find it.

Basically I shot him an email calling him a bully for shouting down that teacher in his show.

We emailed back and forth, he threatened to name and shame me AND Allure Media on air. I said go for it. And he did. Oh, and he emailed me telling me that he was stalking my twitter.

Crazy that he used his air time to continue an email spat. Unreal.

Gazunta

Oh no, Mark! An old person is cranky at you!

I love hearing these people rage. The Ray Hadleys. The Alan Joneses. The John Laws.

It's like hearing dinosaurs rage against the meteor heading towards them.

It's the cacophony of anger about how the world isn't theirs any more, and that nothing they say or do matters as it once did.

They join the likes of old fashioned businesses complaining their revenue models from the 1980s are failing, concerned citizens groups fretting about the lure and danger of the internet, and baby boomers bellowing about how things aren't as good as their revisionist version of the good old days when everyone knew their place.

It's like a God damn choir to me.

Jintor

If he escalates it, just call Media Watch on him

I don't listen to talkback. I have no idea who this Ray asshole is, and I hope to gods I never do.

legend166

So choc, you hate street breaks.

Would you go as far as to banning Live accounts, like Activision will do if they catch you playing MW3 early?

Yagharek

legend166 said:

Would you go as far as to banning Live accounts, like Activision will do if they catch you playing MW3 early?

Got to think about those developers!
And then sack them when they ask for a bonus

Spoiler #2:
I preordered MW3 today

Danoss

legend166 said:

Is Activision really attempting to do that? Appalling if so.

What a nice way to reward a paying customer who bought a copy of a game they wanted early, through no fault of their own.

Danoss said:
What a nice way to reward a paying customer who bought a copy of a game they wanted early, through no fault of their own.
Agreed. Banning customers' accounts is by far the worst thing to do. People who buy these things early are usually the biggest fans.

Yagharek

Also, I just need to add that matte white PS3 is the sex. Looks slightly SNES yellow next to the gloss white of the Wii, but it is very quiet and running cool.

Still, it's been a long wait. 2 hours to do the backup on the fatty. 10 minutes to FW update the slim. And currently 30 minutes into the transfer utility via network cable.

Gazunta said:
The customer never agreed to buy it no earlier than a certain date, the retailer did.

Punish the retailer.
But the retailer is the one who buys the games off the publisher, don't want to be burning that bridge too hard. Which sucks in my opinion. DOWN WITH RETAIL, UP WITH DIRECT SELLING. JOIN MY PYRAMID SCHEME.

Yagharek

Gazunta said:
The customer never agreed to buy it no earlier than a certain date, the retailer did.

Punish the retailer.

If only publishers actually thought like that.

Retailer sells used games in high volume? Punish the customer with locked DLC.
Retailer does it even more? Punish the customer by making DLC retailer specific. No complete version for you!
Piracy an issue with your game? Punish the customer with system-wrecking DRM.
Piracy still an issue? Punish the customer with faulty authentication servers!
Retailer sells a game early? Punish the customer with an account ban.
Manufacturer makes a shit system? Punish the customer by making them pay for repairs.
Release a big name game at all? Punish the customer by selling all the cut content for half the price six month later.
Game released in unstable, buggy state? Punish the customer by banning them from official forums and locking their online account from accessing any games they bought.
Customer buys your game? Punish the customer with seventeen splash screens of logos of licensed technology.
Customer buys your next game? Punish the customer with a day one 500MB patch that doesnt address critical stability flaws.
Customer buys local? Punish the customer with overinflated costs that are double the US and EU price.
Customer tries to share their game? Punish the customer by making their friend pay $10 for the privilege of being their friend.

I'm probably only a quarter of the way through the rant I'd love to write. I'll come back to this.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
legend166 said:

Dear god that can't be right.

Not everyone reads the god damn gaming sites.

What about the people who just buy it because theyr in the store and oh I liked the first one ill get that (they just saw another customer with it!)

Choc

Banned
legend166 said:

no

and in Australia that would be highly illegal. Who the fuck does Activision thinks it is. It's not YOUR fault some idiot sold you it.

Choc

Banned
Microsoft and Sony need to have the balls to tell Activision to get fucked on this one

They ban because they think you pirated it, thats justified. If you can prove you have a receipt it should be yours to play. Thats how it worked with Forza 4

Yagharek

Choc said:
and in Australia that would be highly illegal. Who the fuck does Activision thinks it is. It's not YOUR fault some idiot sold you it.

What makes someone an idiot for selling it? Some games get shipped earlier for online orders so they arrive on the day of release. I got halo 3 two days early because of the shipping and the courier was faster than expected.

That's called customer service - something many publishers seem to have forgotten.

Choc

Banned
RandomVince said:
What makes someone an idiot for selling it? Some games get shipped earlier for online orders so they arrive on the day of release. I got halo 3 two days early because of the shipping and the courier was faster than expected.

That's called customer service - something many publishers seem to have forgotten.

6 days before release = idiot :)

Yagharek

Choc said:
6 days before release = idiot :)

If I can vote in a federal election six days before the fact, surely I should be fine to buy a videogame on the same timeframe should anyone have early stock and the guts to sell anyway.

Salacious Crumb

Choc said:
Microsoft and Sony need to have the balls to tell Activision to get fucked on this one

They ban because they think you pirated it, thats justified. If you can prove you have a receipt it should be yours to play. Thats how it worked with Forza 4

It might please you to know that it actually seems like they're just banning you from playing MW3 online until release day, not banning you from XBL.

Salacious Crumb said:
It might please you to know that it actually seems like they're just banning you from playing MW3 online until release day, not banning you from XBL.
Got more info on that? The last thing I saw (bold mine) was:

@stepto said:
clarification: dblchk'd with Activision. Mw3 pre-release play not authorized. So pls be patient. Playing early may impact your account!

Yagharek

I just had a horrible realisation. In ten minutes I may be finding out that I have lost all my Pixeljunk Monsters rainbows.

The horror. ;_;

edit: make that ten microsoft minutes, this data transfer takes forever!

Deeku

I just played 4 hours of Uncharted and my eyes burn from the amazing.

Possible spoiler:
Elena looks different and kinda weird:/

Devil May Cry. All over my face and out of my wallet.

3chopl0x said:
Man you guys really ganged up on that Snowblind rep in the OT

lol
Ganged up is a bit strong. No one blames the rep for the problems Australian gamers are facing, they are someone we can query though in the hopes that we can get a better explanation on why the delay was necessary. Also regional pricing. Also the damn pirates are enjoying the game right now.

commanderdeek said:
I just played 4 hours of Uncharted and my eyes burn from the amazing.

Possible spoiler:
Elena looks different and kinda weird:/
Same with Chloe. An extra layer of oil or something.

Deeku

^Kinda yeah. I don't know what it is. I think they tried to make her hotter, but failed :lol

Soaking wet Nathan is still pretty damn sexy!

roosters93 said:
I'm worried that this being posting on OzBargain and everyone going on about how Infamous2 is 46 bucks at Harvey Norman means it will be removed.

*Below is the list of selected titles valid to be traded in as part of the current 'free when you trade one game' promotion. This list is subject to change anytime at JB Hi-Fi's discretion. Standard trade in terms & conditions apply. Click Here for trade in terms & conditions.

:(

Shaneus

Speaking of MW3, I got some code thing in my email thanking me for putting a metric fuckload of time* into the game and I was scoring some free shit or something. No idea what it is, but if anyone wants it, lemme know.

I played maybe 30 mins of the one with the airport scene at the start?

No gaming for me tonight, though. Conan in NYC. Community. The League. American TV all over my face. The Australian attempts to create anything decent can go fuck themselves with a faulty umbrella.

Gazunta said:
It's like hearing dinosaurs rage against the meteor heading towards them.

It's the cacophony of anger about how the world isn't theirs any more, and that nothing they say or do matters as it once did.

They join the likes of old fashioned businesses complaining their revenue models from the 1980s are failing, concerned citizens groups fretting about the lure and danger of the internet, and baby boomers bellowing about how things aren't as good as their revisionist version of the good old days when everyone knew their place.

It's like a God damn choir to me.
That simile (or whatever the fuck it is) at the start, along with the rest of it, is pure vocabularic artistry. Bravo. After reading that, I just want to lean back in my antique chair with a snifter of brandy, a cigar and give you a polite, affirming nod as if to say "well done, old chap".

Top Bottom