• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Echoplx

reptilescorpio said:
Ganged up is a bit strong. No one blames the rep for the problems Australian gamers are facing, they are someone we can query though in the hopes that we can get a better explanation on why the delay was necessary. Also regional pricing. Also the damn pirates are enjoying the game right now.

Fair enough, wrong choice of words on my part. Was just funny seeing an entire page of Australians bitching.

This pretty much means I won't be buying it though, not until there's a sale at least.

Jintor

It's always time for a Kindle.

I can't wait for two things:

a) Regional publishing problems to disappear magically (for games AND books, since that's mostly what I care about)
b) Colour e-ink. KINDLE COMICS, BITCH

Yagharek

Jintor said:
It's always time for a Kindle.

I can't wait for two things:

a) Regional publishing problems to disappear magically (for games AND books, since that's mostly what I care about)
b) Colour e-ink. KINDLE COMICS, BITCH

Real books are region free.

Gazunta

Kindle comics are going to be awesome. Comics are already amazing on iPad.

Ha, thanks Shaneus.

Man, I can't wait to see what the kids are going to be into when they're our age. The SNES was 20 years ago. 20 years from now shit is going to be insane.

RandomVince said:
Right, so do I put my Uncharted 3 console sticker skin on the ps3 or not?
HELL NO! Especially after you were saying how nice the White finish is! Otherwise you could have picked up a regular unit for cheaper.

Shaneus said:
No gaming for me tonight, though. Conan in NYC. Community. The League. American TV all over my face.
New League is fantastic. Just the right amount of Brolo. Perfectly executed without going overboard with the grossness.

RandomVince said:
Uncharted 3 animation is something else. Havent seen it this good since MGS4 opening levels.
The part with the torch underground in France is godly. The fire looks incredible. A lot of the time I notice the jaggies on my massive plasma that I now sit 1m away from though.

Omikron

Gazunta said:
Kindle comics are going to be awesome. Comics are already amazing on iPad.

Ha, thanks Shaneus.

Man, I can't wait to see what the kids are going to be into when they're our age. The SNES was 20 years ago. 20 years from now shit is going to be insane.
I have my snes ready for the son to inherit. ;-)

Also speaking of comics. Started reading The Watchman on the way home. Really good.

Yagharek

reptilescorpio said:
HELL NO! Especially after you were saying how nice the White finish is! Otherwise you could have picked up a regular unit for cheaper.

The part with the torch underground in France is godly. The fire looks incredible. A lot of the time I notice the jaggies on my massive plasma that I now sit 1m away from though.

For sale: Uncharted 3 PS3 slim sticker kit for console. $5 ono.

Also, I'm only on chapter 3. Well at least now I know I go to France :/

Dead Man

jambo said:
Bullshit. It looks to me like the best part of you ran down the crack of your mama's ass and ended up as a brown stain on the mattress. I bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around.
Show me your war face!

midonnay

ugh, Chinese people should be banned from selling fish and chips :/

the fish tasted like boiled shoe and the squid rings didn't even have any fucking squid inside....some mashed up fish concoction >_<

Yagharek

Oh, my new plan is to work out my roster for Jan 4. Perth Glory v Brisbane Roar is going to be my first A-League game to go see.

Omikron

Oh god.flicked over post a-leag ut e and found intentional rules. Wtf is this shit. Fucking embarrassing and I am not even a big afl guy.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
EcMHz.jpg

:)

Jintor

RandomVince said:
Real books are region free.

And cost twice as much, take two weeks or more to get here, and you still have to pay exorbitant amounts for shipping.

Oh, and can get damaged like nobody's business.

Omikron

Jintor said:
And cost twice as much, take two weeks or more to get here, and you still have to pay exorbitant amounts for shipping.

All true. But nothing beats reading a real book. Nothing. Call me old fashioned.

Jintor

Oh I agree. But when I need like 10 full reference books IMMEDIATELY...

Not that the Kindle is good for research books right now because they're often atrociously formatted. le sigh.

Still going to get the next Pratchett book in actual form though. I can wait.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Omi said:
All true. But nothing beats reading a real book. Nothing. Call me old fashioned.

Didn't you mock me for wanting to own games on discs?

edit: ^^^^ I got hungry building it! lololol

Omikron

HolyCheck said:
Didn't you mock me for wanting to own games on discs?

edit: ^^^^ I got hungry building it! lololol
Digital media in digital form. And I mocked the believing having a disc meant ownership I think...

Different to my old school book love. ;)

Power button on my Dell 2407WFP-HC seems to have died. Not game to turn it off in case I can't turn it on again. Luckily I bought the five-year next business day replacement warranty 3.5 years ago.

They'd better give me the same or better as replacement.

Edit: Is the U2410 as good or better? Anyone know?

Yagharek

Jintor said:

And yet digital is still inferior. No DRM on real books. No case of amazon deleting your book copy of Nineteen Eighty Four either.

Jintor

No, I just can't bring any of them with me anywhere because they're too big. Instead of currently non-existent theoretical constraints, I'm just faced with actual, physical constraints. How superior!

Choc

Banned
OK so uc2 is getting better (chapter 16) but seriously its still not a 10 and it wont be no matter how fuckin epic it gets

to many things are wrong with it for it to be a 10

its a 9 though at least possibly 9.5

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, at least five belt buckles out of six race cars, but by no means a six buckle-lap.

x3n05 said:
The Oral-B Triumph 5000, currently at $99 (after $50 cash back from Oral-B) from your local shaver shop, rrp is $199.

100 bucks? Dayum.
Everything you guys have said makes it sound great but I don't think I can spend that much on a toothbrush. My teeth are pretty crap already lol. Yellowy and not straight and stuff.

the ending -_-

is it a website so you can see what a baby between you and your partner (or anyone really) would look like?

that's my guess.

Deeku

roosters93 said:
the ending -_-

is it a website so you can see what a baby between you and your partner (or anyone really) would look like?

that's my guess.
Close.

That chick is part of AKB48, a popular idol/jpop group consisting of 48 girls (usually quite young) lol. Fans can now pay a monthly fee to see what their babies would look like. It's hilarious because the example fan they use is exactly what their fans look like :lol :lol

The text on the ad is, "Do you want to have a baby with me?...on the internet!" :lol

Salazar

Turns out the faculty administration are prevented by law from discriminating against people with Ph.D.s in the manner they had planned.

They are still going to fuck us, though. It is utterly melancholy to see people in charge of something as beautiful, as culturally elegant and rich in potential, as a well-funded educational institution, doing their apparent utmost to roger part of it to a bloody death.

commanderdeek said:
Close.

That chick is part of AKB48, a popular idol/jpop group consisting of 48 girls (usually quite young) lol. Fans can now pay a monthly fee to see what their babies would look like. It's hilarious because the example fan they use is exactly what their fans look like :lol :lol

The text on the ad is, "Do you want to have a baby with me?...on the internet!" :lol
Wow. So where do I sign up?

Top Bottom