• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Also Vook you really need to get a search bar on the top of your page.

Finally broke the partnership! Mike Hussey special! Showing up his little brother!

Yagharek

hamchan said:
Now now, don't look down on teenage boys. Plenty of manbabies over 20 here on GAF.

Its also all of ign's workforce.

I don't mind fps/blockbusters being part of gaming culture, but I do resent the incessant drive to make them all of gaming culture.

Deeku

RandomVince said:
Edit: Shanshan, NiNo Kuni is a ps3 and ds game, there are two different games though but I'm not sure what differences there are gameplay wise. Same developer and writers though
Yeah, I actually have no idea about either of the games in terms of the gameplay. Don't bother reading up on upcoming games these days. But I remember hearing on a podcast that Ni No Kuni on DS was very a much game targeted at kids (my first rpg kinda thing). From the trailer, PS3 version might be the same since the Japanese seemed really simple and there was Furigana (plus I actually understood everything even with my crappy japanese!)

Either way, it's Ghibli so a must buy really!

CoD MW2 for $27. Time to see how the series is going. Loved CoD4, heard bad things about MW2 so I stayed away until price drop.

Also Vita has to be running out of new game announcements soon right?!? New Lumines!!! New DJ Max!!! Really need to get some solid release dates up and running Sony, just post up a giant list of all the games and when they are coming out so I can throw some money at you if they are around launch.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
reptilescorpio said:
Also Vook you really need to get a search bar on the top of your page.

Finally broke the partnership! Mike Hussey special! Showing up his little brother!

It's on the new site! :(

Gonna give Wordpress another crack tonight, it got me down last time.

Rahk

reptilescorpio said:
Also Vita has to be running out of new game announcements soon right?!? New Lumines!!! New DJ Max!!! Really need to get some solid release dates up and running Sony, just post up a giant list of all the games and when they are coming out so I can throw some money at you if they are around launch.
Sold!

It shall be my dedicated DJ Max player.

DeathJr said:
Congratulations on the engagement RS, hope it was to a girl. :p
It was indeed. The mother of my child. Not one for marriage so it took me a while to get around to it.
Plus rings are EXPENSIVE yo.

Also I knew that Lucas had lost his fucking mind but did he seriously add Jar Jar Binks into Return of the Jedi? The fuck man? No words can describe my confusion. I can't believe his fellow film makers haven't disowned him so far.

reptilescorpio said:
It was indeed. The mother of my child. Not one for marriage so it took me a while to get around to it.
Plus rings are EXPENSIVE yo.

Also I knew that Lucas had lost his fucking mind but did he seriously add Jar Jar Binks into Return of the Jedi? The fuck man? No words can describe my confusion. I can't believe his fellow film makers haven't disowned him so far.

Why? Who does he think wants that? Man, and just when I thought he was working stuff out after Ep 3 was decent. That sonofabitch.

Edit: Obviously I mean George Lucas and Jar Jar, not you and your fiance. Congrats by the way

hamchan

Yeah DJ Max sold me on the Vita as well.

I always wanted to play Technika but someone is always on it at the arcade and a crowd always appears to watch. I can't handle the shame of people watching me fail at the game.

commanderdeek said:
Yeah, I actually have no idea about either of the games in terms of the gameplay. Don't bother reading up on upcoming games these days. But I remember hearing on a podcast that Ni No Kuni on DS was very a much game targeted at kids (my first rpg kinda thing). From the trailer, PS3 version might be the same since the Japanese seemed really simple and there was Furigana (plus I actually understood everything even with my crappy japanese!)

Either way, it's Ghibli so a must buy really!

hmm. Could be good Japanese practise, if nothing else. It LOOKS amazing though, which may or may not be reason enough to play it. Should check out the reviews after it comes out first.

As much as I enjoy Ghibli films, I don't understand the hype. lol.

Shaneus

Bernbaum said:
Sweet! If I had facebook, this would be the year that everyone changed their profile pics from doing Jagerbombs and bellyshots to pictures of marriage, ultrasounds and ugly babies.
For some reason that reminds me of this:
family_decals.png

reptilescorpio said:
Politics is serious business. Well, until Abbott has some shit that he wants to attend. I'm sure if Hall & Oates comes to town he will be handing out pairs left and right.
If? They're touring next year, playing Melb. in February with Icehouse. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't kinda curious...
Planet_JASE said:
I has. Is interest.
We should lock it in then. Gaz was saying there's a cheevo for playing against him or someone who has already earned said cheevo, so we can go right to the source. Pretty neat! RS has it too. We could all either do it at once or just play against each other sometime down the track.

Kritz

Banned
there's likely a very large market for overpriced stick figure stickers sold exclusively to people with crippling brain problems.

elektrixx said:
What's the go with these stickers anyway?
I had no idea either until the xkcd comic. I think they are like bumper stickers for familys. As in to show off that they have kids and shit. So the other sticker is showing off that they have shitloads of money because they don't have kids. Burns deep.
Adds an air of doucheyness about those stickers now. Would never put ANY sticker on my car, just ruins the look. A car is not a friggin 12 year old girls trapper keeper.

reptilescorpio said:
I had no idea either until the xkcd comic. I think they are like bumper stickers for familys. As in to show off that they have kids and shit. So the other sticker is showing off that they have shitloads of money because they don't have kids. Burns deep.
Adds an air of doucheyness about those stickers now. Would never put ANY sticker on my car, just ruins the look. A car is not a friggin 12 year old girls trapper keeper.

Pretty sure it also decreases the value. What if the next people to buy the car don't have three kids and a dog and a bird? Its kinda funny when people include their animals and they end up with this big chain of characters across the back window.

DeathJr said:
Not even this one?

140.jpg

These kind of stickers are an open invitation to park next to them and open your car door slightly too much.

fake edit: actually, that one's pretty tame compared to the "speak English" and "We're full" ones you see around.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
I had no idea either until the xkcd comic.
That they existed or that they existed outside Australia? Working in Melbourne, I see them all the fucking time. One day I hope to see one that takes the piss, either with one guy with many wives, one woman with a shitload of cats or something like that.

Shaneus said:
That they existed or that they existed outside Australia? Working in Melbourne, I see them all the fucking time. One day I hope to see one that takes the piss, either with one guy with many wives, one woman with a shitload of cats or something like that.

I've changed my mind about these stickers. I want to do this.

I really hate those "we're full" type bogan stickers, such a fucken embarrassment. I did see an awesome one the other day that put things in perspective though, it contains an interesting message for the current crop of racists, "white Australians, the original boat people".

Shaneus

shanshan310 said:
I've changed my mind about these stickers. I want to do this.
There's definitely potential. In fact, I think if I was to have one it would be me with a shotgun against a handful of zombies... if it's at all possible to depict zombies in stick-figure form.

markot

Banned
Whats worse are those 'tributes' people do on cars to people who have died, I saw one sponsored by bundaberg rum >.>

Sutton Dagger said:
I really hate those "we're full" type bogan stickers, such a fucken embarrassment. I did see an awesome one the other day that put things in perspective though, it contains an interesting message for the current crop of racists, "white Australians, the original boat people".

People still won't get it though. They'll pull the whole "but its our culture now. 200 years etc etc. This is different!" argument. Its pointless arguing with them. You tell them we have a legal obligation and they say "well lets change the law!". I was speaking to someone a few days ago and they told me that they didn't understand the law so it wasn't a valid argument on my part. Derp.

Shaneus said:
We should lock it in then. Gaz was saying there's a cheevo for playing against him or someone who has already earned said cheevo, so we can go right to the source. Pretty neat! RS has it too. We could all either do it at once or just play against each other sometime down the track.
Let us. I am a party animal. They purport to be party animals. Are you, Gaz and reptilescorpio party animal enough to join us?

Plus I want that cheevo.

Oh, and, ah, also the good times and camaraderie...

...that come with the cheevo.

I am pretty flexible, so if you guys have a particular time that suits, one that fits with family, etc, just let me know.

Planet_JASE said:
I am pretty flexible, so if you guys have a particular time that suits, one that fits with family, etc, just let me know.
Anytime after 4pm tomorrow should be fine.

I think my ears are starting to bleed from listening to Looping State Of Mind all night. Helps me focus on my assignment though!

Ydahs

kVpki.png

To keep it easy for me to keep track, please post your preference in the following format:
#<preference>​
I'll be updating it every week of the finals as teams get eliminated and people jumping ship to another team.

NOTE: This isn't who you think will win, but rather who you want to win

• Collingwood
  • Geelong
  • Hawthorn
  • West Coast
  • Carlton
  • St. Kilda
Ydahs​
  • Sydney
  • Essendon

Ydahs

qYkH3.png

Welcome to the 2011 NeoGAF Finals Tipping competition!

THE RULES
  1. THERE ARE NO RULES.
  2. You can only pick ONE team who you think will win every week.
  3. Once you choose a team you cannot choose them again for the rest of the competition.
    For example: If you choose Geelong this week, you won't be able to choose them again, even if they make the Grand Final. Choose wisely.
  4. Indicate a margin of how much the team will win by. Chances are a few will finish with the same amount of correct guesses at the end of the competition, but the margin difference will distinguish the winners from the losers.
Keep in mind that it's possible that both teams you have chosen are going to make the Grand Final. In that case, you won't be able to choose any team (well you can but it won't be counted).

HOW TO ENTER

I'd appreciate it if everyone would use the following format to enter. It's easier to track this way!

>>> [team] : [margin]

E.g
>>> Sydney : 15​

WEEK ONE TIPS WILL BE UPDATED HERE

Top Bottom