• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Agyar

reptilescorpio said:
Meaning more that the automatic path lets you gain all the conversation bonus things (such as money or weapons) that you could miss if you pick the wrong reply in a conversation. In that instance what is the point of giving us the option if they are fake options (like in the previous games) with no benefit over taking the automated approach.
That's a pretty wild assumption. My guess would be an automated approach would choose paragon responses, an average amount of querying and middle of the road choices. If they're building it to suit someone who just wants to shoot and see the grander story unfold, getting all the information/money/secrets/relationships of obviously not the goal.

Agyar

fappenmeister said:
Can anyone recommend a decent 'gaming' headset or decent 'non-gaming' headphones and a separate microphone?

AusGAF, the opinions you can trust.

Edit: price range, possibly $120 max.

The Audio Technica ATH-AD700s are a bit beyond your price range but it's the set I use and I would recommend them to anyone. You'd also need a separate mic but in my experience if you want decent sound quality, all-in-one "gaming" headsets are usually cheaply designed and made with shitty drivers. You're better off focusing on the products separately (but of course, you will pay more.

The Toy Story 3 thread has me wanting to run down to EB and grab a copy. No idea if they would even have a game of that age though, they didn't even have The Last First Templar when I went there last trying to price match KMart.

Agyar said:
That's a pretty wild assumption. My guess would be an automated approach would choose paragon responses, an average amount of querying and middle of the road choices. If they're building it to suit someone who just wants to shoot and see the grander story unfold, getting all the information/money/secrets/relationships of obviously not the goal.
That is why I said I was worried, not that I was going to burn down the Bioware offices. Just concerned that having the automated option may lead to Bioware putting less effort into the dialogue/story.

fappenmeister said:
Le sigh, I can't find them anywhere else locally.

Anything on www.pccasegear.com you'd recommend?

They have a Zalman clip on mic out soon.
I think Kritz uses the Razer Carcharias and seemed to have good things to say. Other than that I have really only heard about the more expensive (over $150) options.

Jintor said:
Oi, jerkwads, where can I get a DS Lite on the cheap
$100 at Target

Shaneus

Interesting thing in Blood Stone that I haven't seen in other shooters before (on the hardest initial difficulty... there's another but it needs to be unlocked) is that when enemies leave cover to shoot, they never step back from where they were initially, meaning that you can't aim, wait for them to come back and then shoot. It feels fucking awesome, yet obvious that it hasn't been done (at least, I haven't seen it be done) before.

Fusebox

Banned
Jintor said:
Oi, jerkwads, where can I get a DS Lite on the cheap
Why a DSL? You could get a a 3DS for a little bit more, it's around the same size as a DSL and plays DS games, or go for the DS LL and play in luxury instead. Or do you need GBA support?

Jintor

It's a present for a non-gamer so I don't really want to overwhelm them with Nintendo's stupid bullshit.

Besides, the DSLite is probably the best iteration of the hardware.

remz

Agyar said:
The Audio Technica ATH-AD700s are a bit beyond your price range but it's the set I use and I would recommend them to anyone. You'd also need a separate mic but in my experience if you want decent sound quality, all-in-one "gaming" headsets are usually cheaply designed and made with shitty drivers. You're better off focusing on the products separately (but of course, you will pay more.
Another recommendation for the ad-700 here. I have it's big daddy the ad-900 and I'm pretty much convinced it's the best headphone ever made. Flawless.

Fusebox

Banned
Jintor said:
It's a present for a non-gamer so I don't really want to overwhelm them with Nintendo's stupid bullshit.

Besides, the DSLite is probably the best iteration of the hardware.
Cool present! Someones gonna be happy with you.

But hang on, isn't DSi better in a lot of ways? I'm not sure because I skipped it and went to DS LL but I thought it had a brighter screen and stuff.

Deeku

remz said:
Another recommendation for the ad-700 here. I have it's big daddy the ad-900 and I'm pretty much convinced it's the best headphone ever made. Flawless.
Yep, the ad-700 is great value for money too.

Planet_JASE said:
All of these things were ruined by the presence of American Tour Groups. They would usually rush through places, having decided that they would make a competition of 'who could have the loudest banal conversation about anything other than the beautiful wilderness that they were surrounded by.'
You know another terrible thing about tour groups? No surprises. What's travelling without the occasional screw up*, obstacle**, and serendipitous surprise***?

* Booking a two-person sleeper cabin and having the person screw it up, meaning you have a Hungarian stranger sleeping in the same room as you and your wife.
** Getting lost in the dark in Sarajevo, not having a map, no one speaking English and it starting to rain.
*** Finding a bar literally on the cliffs in Dubrovnik which only the locals seemed to know about.

Choc

Banned
that kids going to get 200k and lose it straight away

also the fact that this has come out is not good for him. The courts will see that as profiting from the crime in Indonesia despite the fact Australia will freeze it as a proceed of crime

Jintor

Fusebox said:
Cool present! Someones gonna be happy with you.

But hang on, isn't DSi better in a lot of ways? I'm not sure because I skipped it and went to DS LL but I thought it had a brighter screen and stuff.

It might be. I'll have a look/

DS LL? You mean the XL?

Planet_JASE said:
I'm pretty sure anywhere in Europe will happily take pounds instead of Euros.

Especially Greece.

lol

And on American stories, in Paris I heard an American woman say to her companion 'don't say you're lost! If you say that it's in your mind." -_-

Danoss

fappenmeister said:
Le sigh, I can't find them anywhere else locally.

Anything on www.pccasegear.com you'd recommend?

They have a Zalman clip on mic out soon.
Out of all the phones on PC Case Gear, the only one I would go for is the Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 as Agyar recommended. I have a pair and they are fantastic.

The Zalman clip-on mic is a great option, and commonly used to great satisfaction I've heard. This is a great option as you get better quality audio and the mic is sufficiently good enough.

Rahk

Danoss said:
I'd probably go for the Beyerdynamic MMX2 (obviously not from them because they're out of stock).

Also, do you wear glasses? If so, those will become uncomfortable as they're supraaural (they sit on your ears, not around them).
Stole my suggestion. Too bad they're out of stock. Could still order it and wait, but could be over a month.

Jintor

I guarantee you Jintor did not use it to digitally deliver his game. It's primarily an annoying in game overlay, which incidentally can't digitally deliver anything. It can't even patch a game without kicking you out of the game an opening a browser. There is also a GFWL marketplace which uses a completely separate client. No one uses this except to download their $0.30 copy of AoEIII.

btw fred was correct

ClivePwned said:
Everytime i get killed in BF3 by someone with the flashlight on, I think I'm getting killed by Navi.

"listen, motherfucker!"

fuck in a recent game a teammate flashed me and i proceeded to get killed. fuck off.

Jintor

Jintor is jintor but doesn't play much anymore, despite its brilliance

bring that shit out on android or ios, bitches. I crave it.

Rahk

Jintor said:
Jintor is jintor but doesn't play much anymore, despite its brilliance

bring that shit out on android or ios, bitches. I crave it.
Indeed. It's a perfect match for the platform.

iPad? What about iPhone? :(

DXPett1

Shaneus said:
Interesting thing in Blood Stone that I haven't seen in other shooters before (on the hardest initial difficulty... there's another but it needs to be unlocked) is that when enemies leave cover to shoot, they never step back from where they were initially, meaning that you can't aim, wait for them to come back and then shoot. It feels fucking awesome, yet obvious that it hasn't been done (at least, I haven't seen it be done) before.
Blood Stone is very underrated. Just a shame its stupidly expensive on Steam. Everyone should play it

Jintor

I just decided to hop aboard the Buy 2 get 1 free deal on games off Amazon (ends in 2, 3 hours). What do you think - SoTC/Ico Collection + SoTD + ...UC3? Red Dead Redemption? MGS4? Resistance 3?

/edit goddamn shipping... might be just cheaper to buy naturally from ozgameshop...

//edit lol it is. NEVERMIND AMAZON, WE WILL MEET AGAIN

commissar

DXPett1 said:
Blood Stone is very underrated. Just a shame its stupidly expensive on Steam. Everyone should play it
Yeah it's basically The Club version 2 with 100% more bond. I enjoyed it.

Also Shaneus that ducking feature has been around in a few other games too.
Conveniently I forget which ones though <_<

Most recently RAGE did it anyway.
Which I finished this week and is fucking awesome even with the sudden ending.
Hopefully one of my friends finishes it soon so we can play the co-op. Otherwise I might just replay it again cause I want moooore

Shaneus

DXPett1 said:
Yup, although I suspect there may have been some graphics/performance bugs or something?

commissar said:
Yeah it's basically The Club version 2 with 100% more bond. I enjoyed it.

Also Shaneus that ducking feature has been around in a few other games too.
Conveniently I forget which ones though <_<
Yeah, I figured as much... it seems like the sort of thing that should have been around forever, so it's no surprise BS isn't the first. Surprising that it's the sort of thing that Bizarre take notice of, though.

Hyperbole.
UCJB0.gif

Top Bottom