• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Fusebox

Banned
Tntnnbltn said:
Rock Band 3 + Guitar + Headphones = Rock Band all-nighter.

7 songs with gold stars on bass, woohoo.

And <$100 spent on DLC. Am I doing it right?
No, because you're playing Rock Band instead of Rocksmith.

Jintor

My favourite Disney Musical is Beauty and the Beast. There's no song in there that I don't like. Even the extra ones that only made it onto the DVD are still brilliant.

Shaneus

Jintor said:
My favourite Disney Musical is Beauty and the Beast. There's no song in there that I don't like. Even the extra ones that only made it onto the DVD are still brilliant.
I saw the stage show of that when Hugh Jackman was in it. I don't remember a lot about it, but I do remember he was really fucking good. Actually, I think Bert Newton may have played the clock in it.

Jintor

I remember Bert Newton was in Wicked. That was grand, too. I missed both Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King stage musicals while they were in town :<

Couple of things. Just watched Mulholland Drive for the first time. Golfham. Pretty great. I also listened to David lynchs album yesterday (Saturday). Was pleasantly surprised.

And community is my favorite show on TV at the moment which is funny cause I initially hated it.

reptilescorpio said:
The Lion King doesn't hold up as well as I had hoped. It is all magic when Timon & Pumba are on screen though.
LIES!

I bought the blu ray last week and it still made me tear up. Hate scar for life.
Maybe it's because it was a part of my childhood but you're an old man! lol

Shaneus said:
I saw the stage show of that when Hugh Jackman was in it. I don't remember a lot about it, but I do remember he was really fucking good. Actually, I think Bert Newton may have played the clock in it.

Sounds boss!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
roosters93 said:
Couple of things. Just watched Mulholland Drive for the first time. Golfham. Pretty great. I also listened to David lynchs album yesterday (Saturday). Was pleasantly surprised.

Mulholland Drive is in my top five. Yay!

7-11 Day. There is no 7-11 in Warrnambool. Take this day to pity the poor fool trapped down here without any Slurpees. PLUS it's a fucking Monday! :(

Skyrim anyone? PC version at Dick Smith for $70 with CLOTHE MAPE!!! Console peasant? $78 at Harvey Normans with CLOTHE MAPE!!!

Modern Warfare 3? Console versions for $76 at Dicks Mith!!!

PC version of Arkham City? Want to also pick up Batman Begins & The Dark Knight on Blu Ray? $40 for the lot!!!

Echoplx

Just pre-ordered Skyrim (PC) This comment from a review pretty much sold me

"Ultimately, Skyrim is a lot like Fallout New Vegas..."

My wallet ;_;

I haven't actually preordered Skyrim from anywhere... I've been hoping it would pop up on GMG (I know this isn't going to happen but hey) and I don't want to risk buying a Russian key from one of those sites... If I'm going to fork out the $90 Steam is asking for I might as well have a physical copy and ye olde clothe mappe, so I'll probably just head into the city on Thursday night/Friday morning and see what I can find.

Also, I have my "Skyrim Leave" booked in, so I'll be sitting down on Friday morning and potentially not moving until the following Tuesday when I have to return to work.

On a related note, where can I buy adult nappies?

Choc

Banned
i had a weird dream

todd howard came to my house and was showing me skyrim. He gave me a copy and we started talking about game reviews and iwas saying that if game reviews are to long i won't read them

like ign's 6 page reviews, they are to long

:|

DXPett1

Driving along to work this morning and I go to look out the open sunroof and what do I see but a MOTHERFUCKING Spider.

Safe to say I freaked out and mashed the close roof lever like I was closing the blast doors in some Bond movie to prevent a explosion.

Arrive at work, inspect the damage and the legs of the spider are sticking out between the sunroof and the bezel. Open up the roof and to my amazement its STILL ALIVE and proceeds to crawl into the roof.

I'm scared to go into my car now AusGAF :(

Omikron

BanShunsaku said:
I haven't actually preordered Skyrim from anywhere... I've been hoping it would pop up on GMG (I know this isn't going to happen but hey) and I don't want to risk buying a Russian key from one of those sites... If I'm going to fork out the $90 Steam is asking for I might as well have a physical copy and ye olde clothe mappe, so I'll probably just head into the city on Thursday night/Friday morning and see what I can find.

Also, I have my "Skyrim Leave" booked in, so I'll be sitting down on Friday morning and potentially not moving until the following Tuesday when I have to return to work.

On a related note, where can I buy adult nappies?

I have skyrim on pre-order from OzGameShop, purely as I don't need it the first second it becomes available. Not sure I will even find time to play it as it is :D

no clothe mappe though :(

Omikron

codswallop said:
Thirties are awesome. You get to look at all those twentysomethings and wonder how you could have ever been that stupid. Also, wine and olives become nice.

What happens if I have liked those things for years!?

Maybe I will end up liking scotch.

r1chard

Sure Skyrim's out this Friday and I've been waiting on it like it's my second child, but there's a Captain America / Thor double at the Astor! Argh!

Also, watched The Running Man with my wife on the weekend. She'd not seen it. "Why is it you think there's no Dynamo cosplay?" Heh. Actually it stood up really well. And set in 2017, which, given the state of the world, is still vaguely plausible.

Just watched the Rainbow Six: Patriots 'footage'. Obviously competing against COD but looked different enough that it could be fun. Don't know if I liked the hovering icons over everyone, and being able to see cars behind cars, but the 'hold the trigger down' looked unique.

Didn't feel like a Rainbow Six game to me, though the last one I played was the first one.

Omi said:
This then must be your goal for your thirties.

Waiting on Skyrim GOTY edition. Got New Vegas ULTIMATE EDITION coming at the start of next year so that we scratch the Gamebyro itch until 2013 anyway. Plus Mods!

Choc said:
like ign's 6 page reviews, they are to long

:|
They aren't real 6 pages though, only take like 4 minutes to read each page. Separating them onto more pages means more advertisements which means more money for IGN to continue to give shitty coverage. At least it is another reason to avoid them!

DXPett1 said:
Driving along to work this morning and I go to look out the open sunroof and what do I see but a MOTHERFUCKING Spider.

Safe to say I freaked out and mashed the close roof lever like I was closing the blast doors in some Bond movie to prevent a explosion.

Arrive at work, inspect the damage and the legs of the spider are sticking out between the sunroof and the bezel. Open up the roof and to my amazement its STILL ALIVE and proceeds to crawl into the roof.

I'm scared to go into my car now AusGAF :(
He now owns your car. Make sure to get some miniature keys made up for him. His family will be grateful for the nice warm place out of the rain.

Omi said:
The day I turn 30. :~(
lol OLD! Joking. Congrats on not dying so far! Avoiding lava and mineral turpentine has served you well.

3chopl0x said:
11/11/11

How can you not remember all them ones?
Walked into KMart yesterday and was amused by the sign in the gaming section saying that they didn't have Skyrim in stock because "the release date was changed" rather than saying they fucked up. lol

3chopl0x said:
I'm not your dude, guy.
Can I be your buddy, friend?

Omi said:
How can you not like Scotch? What is there to not like?!?

codswallop said:
Didn't feel like a Rainbow Six game to me, though the last one I played was the first one.
Vegas threw away much for what I enjoyed of the first games, although it was more than fun enough in its own right. Patriots will end up being enjoyable enough but they need to stop slapping the Rainbow Six name on these things.

Axiom

Went to the beach yesterday in hopes it would be hot like the weather report said. It was not.

Wore my Uncharted pendant though! NEEEERRRD.

I hate the Lion King on the basis that I think Aladdin is a better movie and Lion King completely overshadows it.

Choc said:
fucking great day for AC to fail you fucking stupid corporate strata tossers

its like 40 degrees in here
lol Choc rage. Loosen your neck tie dude! Also run down to KMart and grab a circular fan for like $15. Or take sick leave and talk about play video games all day with us.

Aon

reptilescorpio said:
They aren't real 6 pages though, only take like 4 minutes to read each page. Separating them onto more pages means more advertisements which means more money for IGN to continue to give shitty coverage. At least it is another reason to avoid them!

I don't think it should be taking you 24 minutes to read any review, much less one from the Insider Gaming Network.

Axiom said:
Went to the beach yesterday in hopes it would be hot like the weather report said. It was not.

Wore my Uncharted pendant though! NEEEERRRD.

I hate the Lion King on the basis that I think Aladdin is a better movie and Lion King completely overshadows it.
Heh, I've been wearing it everywhere too.

I love Lion King but some of the songs haven't aged as well as I had hoped, like the Morning Report one, and my son lost interest a fair bit when there wasn't a song on (or the T&P combo spinning their magic). Aladdin on the other hand I enjoyed more than I did as a kid even though I loved it back then. The animation is fun and Robin Williams was at his comedic peak. Disney captured him great.

Aon said:
I don't think it should be taking you 24 minutes to read any review, much less one from the Insider Gaming Network.
But they have so much insider information to part with!
I would totally spend 24 minutes reading a well written review. Hell, I spend an hour+ a day reading whatever RPS write.

DXPett1

reptilescorpio said:
He now owns your car. Make sure to get some miniature keys made up for him. His family will be grateful for the nice warm place out of the rain.

Haha. I swear its the same one that crawled out of the engine bay onto my windscreen. Not cool when I am driving bud

I am puzzled where he came from. I mean, was he lurking in the carport, on my car the entire time or did he parachute from some overhanging trees on the way to work

Aon

reptilescorpio said:
But they have so much insider information to part with!
I would totally spend 24 minutes reading a well written review. Hell, I spend an hour+ a day reading whatever RPS write.

I would spend a while with a critique or interesting feature about a game, I wouldn't want to spend half an hour reading a consumer review.

DXPett1 said:
I am puzzled where he came from. I mean, was he lurking in the carport, on my car the entire time or did he parachute from some overhanging trees on the way to work
They tend to hang out in the engine bay or in the chassis somewhere there is a safe gap. Also inside the rear view mirrors is a popular spot.

Aon said:
I would spend a while with a critique or interesting feature about a game, I wouldn't want to spend half an hour reading a consumer review.
Again it depends on the quality of the review. If it is meant to fan the fanboy flames or regurgitate the company pr then it would have to be fairly short. A decent in depth review going over all the major parts of the game that a consumer would be interested in knowing and would affect their decision in anyway would be worth spending 20 minutes reading, a few of those have popped up on RPS or Eurogamer at times.

hamchan said:
Sure hope MW3 breaks today....
I hope not, not sure I could hold off going to Dick Dick and handing over my cash. Planning on going and renting it tomorrow for the princely sum of $2.

Top Bottom