• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Fogz

codswallop said:
Thirties are awesome. You get to look at all those twentysomethings and wonder how you could have ever been that stupid. Also, wine and olives become nice.

Wine and olives are already nice. Am I old? :(

reptilescorpio said:
What is everyone's favourite COD mission?

Mine would be the first mission in the Russian campaign when you get off the boat and run up the hill with nothing but a rifle cartridge in your hand. So cool.

Ah yeah the Enemy at the Gates missions. So good! :D

Fredescu

Marshmellow said:
GAF please help this noob.
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=13842

This seems really cheap for a 27" monitor but i don't have the knowladge to know if it is good or not, thanks dudes!
As Jambo pointed out, it's a TN panel. At a panel of that size, I think you're really going to notice the poor viewing angles. It suggests you can sit back from it, but I think it will be an excercise in frustration as you'll constantly be getting up to readjust the angle as you won't be able to see half of the screen properly. It mightn't be so bad if you're sitting up close, but you might as well get a 24" if you're going to do that. If you want something that you can sit back from, get an IPS panel or a small TV.

Danoss

guidop

Salazar said:
It emerges that the applicant that the UQ VC and Deputy VC let in without adequate qualifications entered Medicine.

Scum. Cock-brained scum. And no finding of misconduct. PR entirely trumps academic ethics.

What was the link between VC and this student?

Absolutely disgusting, any type of favoritism, nepotism, etc. just makes my blood boil beyond belief. Not to mention all these VC's are making such ridiculous amounts of money a year. My friend worked in the admin department of a Melbourne university and said that in terms of applicants foreign students always took presidence over Australian students when it came to enrolement even if the australian student's application was of higher merit. The whole system is so geared towards making money its disgraceful

This will determine if you have good taste in games or not, name the 3 games you are anticipating the most between now and the end of the year. I better see some Skyrim love. :)

In no particular order:

Skyrim
Assassins Creed Revelations
Zelda: Skyward Sword.

Dead Man

Sutton Dagger said:
This will determine if you have good taste in games or not, name the 3 games you are anticipating the most between now and the end of the year. I better see some Skyrim love. :)

In no particular order:

Skyrim
SR3
Skyrim

That's it :(

Salazar

guidop said:
What was the link between VC and this student?

A relative.

And somehow, this doesn't count as misconduct. Because the University can't bear to admit to itself and the world that Greenfield fucked up, it counts as "an irregularity" and Greenfield gets to simply resign. Well, gets to sit in the job until the replacement comes in.

Fuck him. Fuck them. Anybody else does this for a medicine degree applicant and they would be chewed into unrecognisable mush.

Shaneus

Sutton Dagger said:

In no particular order:

Skyrim
SR3, but only because it's the only game I've preordered. Any other need to play games can be found in my extensive backlog or Forza 4.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I had a dream too choc. Bus girl was there, we were sitting on the bus and she put her hand on my face to embrace it i guess, then as she exited the bus she said she was flattered. What does it mean!!

Let's get back to videogames.

So I picked up UC3 on friday night after work and then proceeded to not play it at all over the weekend and instead I played BF3. I think i'm just going to wait until the patch comes out for the aiming issues that people are having.

I'm tempted to pick up SR3 for $34 tonight since a few of the other PC guys are picking it up as well. I do have SR2 on my machine but i've never really bothered to play it. There's something about it that just irks me and I get the feeling SR3 will as well. Maybe it's the design, colour template or just the silly over the top gameplay it's trying to give you, part of me feels like it will just be a bore to play.

I have no interest in skyrim either. I will wait for a GOTY version unless everyone in here starts going on about how fucking amazing it is. Then i guess it will be a 15% off steam sale xmas purchase next month.

I still have Rage to play and finish along with Alice and Bastion. There's probably another game or two in there that I can't remember either. Then there's more shooting people in the face with Battlefield 3, Which i'm still enjoying even though shotguns are totally fucking worthless. Stalking tanks with C4 is my new method of play style and it's super enjoyable.

I need more time off.

evlcookie said:
I had a dream too choc. Bus girl was there, we were sitting on the bus and she put her hand on my face to embrace it i guess, then as she exited the bus she said she was flattered. What does it mean!!

Let's get back to videogames.

So I picked up UC3 on friday night after work and then proceeded to not play it at all over the weekend and instead I played BF3. I think i'm just going to wait until the patch comes out for the aiming issues that people are having.

I'm tempted to pick up SR3 for $34 tonight since a few of the other PC guys are picking it up as well. I do have SR2 on my machine but i've never really bothered to play it. There's something about it that just irks me and I get the feeling SR3 will as well. Maybe it's the design, colour template or just the silly over the top gameplay it's trying to give you, part of me feels like it will just be a bore to play.

I have no interest in skyrim either. I will wait for a GOTY version unless everyone in here starts going on about how fucking amazing it is. Then i guess it will be a 15% off steam sale xmas purchase next month.

I still have Rage to play and finish along with Alice and Bastion. There's probably another game or two in there that I can't remember either. Then there's more shooting people in the face with Battlefield 3, Which i'm still enjoying even though shotguns are totally fucking worthless. Stalking tanks with C4 is my new method of play style and it's super enjoyable.

I need more time off.

Aiming thing is not that big of a deal in UC3 man. i have played through to chapter 9 on hard so far and had no real problems at all.

I almost bought a nice looking LG LED monitor at OfficeWorks for what seemed like a great price before realising it was 1440x900, if I get a new monitor I really want to go 1080 or higher. Would probably go Samsung for my next screen.

Salazar said:
So fucking disgusted.
Whelp that should taint the reputation of Uni of QLD for a while. Certainly would put a little doubt of concern in my mind if I had to go to a doctor who graduated from there even though it would be a million to one shot that it wouldn't be all kosher for the situation I would be in.

Rezbit said:
I'm with Omi.

I'm pretty FUCKING EXCITED for Friday. I'll probably only get an hour or so in before I go and blitz myself though :|
I know! By Friday I will have MW3 down pat to the point where I can do a Veteran run of the SP. Should be painfully gratifying

Sutton Dagger said:

In no particular order:

Skyrim
Arkham City
Saints Row 3
...no idea. Come back to me later.

evlcookie said:
It means you should TALK TO MORE GIRLS DAMNIT

evlcookie said:
The aiming is fine after a few encounters, you will adapt quick enough. Otherwise if you REALLY don't like it put it to the side.

evlcookie said:
I can think of many problems but fun certainly isn't something missing from SR2 or by the looks of it SR3.

Omikron

366293-gillard-on-helicopter.jpg

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Sutton Dagger said:

Skyrim
Legend of Zelda : Skyward sword
Super mario land 3DS

Jintor

Saint's Row 3
Skyward Sword
Revelations, mostly out of curiousity.

I'm really hyped for UMvC3 but not for me, myself, to actually play it, more to watch other people streaming it. Fighting games (and Catherine) are just so much more enjoyable with commentary.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Jintor said:
Fucking talk to bus girl already

Haha no. It's too much of a joke now to be taken seriously. I wouldn't be able to stop laughing.

roosters93 said:
Any tips? I'm not very stealth so if I can even get to it without dying, I normally have to blow it up while I'm still in range. :/

Stay low and to the side and go go go. Don't go from behind or you will get run over, It always fucking happens. Just strafe next to it as it slowly moves, Throw on 3 C4s and then run off and press that blow up now button.

Also never throw C4 at a moving tank, It never fucking connects. It looks like it does but as soon as you detonate it, it's a suicide.

If you disable a tank and not blow it up the guy will always get out, So have your gun ready to quickly kill him before he kills you. Don't quickly throw a 3rd C4, there's a good chance you will be dead before you can detonate it.

with Skyward Sword and MW3 out over the next few weeks, I couldn't give a fuck about Skyrim at the moment. It will have to wait till the inevitable price drop. If it was Fallout, then I'd probably Day 1. AC Revelations will be another that I wait to get cheap (assuming it hasn't been fucked up. It's quite possible depending on which Ubi studio is handling this one). SR3 can also wait. I barely played the first, bought the 2nd on Steam and never played it (probably never will). And its a game by THQ so only a silly person/diehard SR fan would pay more than $30 for it (it will be $30 by February)

I still have several hours of UC3 and BF3 as well. I've found that I've enjoyed most of the 2011 crop of games

I'll still leave MW3 till later in the week. Doesn't Kmart or someone have the PC version for $69. It's GOD DAMN $99 on steam (though you get a CoD4 with it if you don't already have it). Isn't it also something like 15 GB?

Rezbit

I'm more hyped for Skyrim than Skyward Sword...don't know what that says about my tastes changing. Back in the day it would be Zelda all the way.

Still gotta play more BF3. Tried playing on Saturday when I was hungover and it didn't happen. Died 10 times and didn't get a single kill LOL.

Saints Row 3 looks kinda crazy I guess? But don't really care for those sorts of games.

Frawdder

Sutton Dagger said:
Saints Row 3

...uh

Torchlight 2 if that is still planning on releasing this year

...and uh

rFactor 2 if that also decides to release this year.

MrSerrels

Hmmm. Seems like a false alarm. Trusted dude on twitter claimed it broke. Maybe a couple of sold, but doesn't look like any of the main retailers will officially break.

Also is anyone really interested in Skyrim? After all, it is just a rip off of Fallout 3 with all the graphics stolen from Lord of the Rings. The dudes who did Fallout and Peter Jackson should totally sue whoever is making Skyrim.

Frawdder said:
Torchlight 2 if that is still planning on releasing this year
I wish.

ClivePwned said:
I'll still leave MW3 till later in the week. Doesn't Kmart or someone have the PC version for $69. It's GOD DAMN $99 on steam (though you get a CoD4 with it if you don't already have it). Isn't it also something like 15 GB?
See my earlier in the day post for where it is cheapest on PC.

Caramello

Sutton Dagger said:

Zelda: Skyward Sword
Super Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart 7

Not interested in Skyrim simply because I have too many other games to play.. Not quite finished Arkham City, still have Battlefield 3 and MW3 to take up my time and I want to buy Uncharted 3 when I have the time to play it.. Besides my 3DS needs some love, it's kind of sad that it hasn't been touched in months when it has so much potential..

legend166

reptile, I don't understand how you are so high up on that post list. You reply to 100 people at a time. Surely that means less overall posts.

Dead Man

reptilescorpio said:
Also is anyone really interested in Skyrim? After all, it is just a rip off of Fallout 3 with all the graphics stolen from Lord of the Rings. The dudes who did Fallout and Peter Jackson should totally sue whoever is making Skyrim.
4/10

I grinned, but only a little.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
do xbox's have HDMI out now? I remember there were rumours last i checked about them getting HDMI out because my last one didn't have it

legend166 said:
reptile, I don't understand how you are so high up on that post list. You reply to 100 people at a time. Surely that means less overall posts.

That shit cray

HolyCheck said:
do xbox's have HDMI out now? I remember there were rumours last i checked about them getting HDMI out because my last one didn't have it

yeah. mine from '08 or whatever has it.

reptilescorpio said:

Haha Almost had me raging for a second, good one. ;)

MrSerrels

Oh and three most anticipated...

Zelda: Skyward Sword
AC: Revelations
Mario 3D Land

Will check out Skyrim, but have always been underwhelmed by Bethesda RPGs.

Choc

Banned
There seriously is NOTHING WRONG with the UC3 aiming

edit: vook did you import mario 3d from japan? play asia sold out :<

Top Bottom