• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Journalists were too busy fawning over the production values to properly critique Uncharted 3 like a fine gentlemen like myself would, so no, none mentioned it in their reviews as they were too busy giving it 10/10.

And I'd argue that the significantly slower speed and semi-digitalised aiming (or as it seems) is enough to warrant it as problematic regardless of how functional it is, simply because there was little to no issue with Uncharted 2 and no change at all was necessary.

Choc

Banned
no

my point is that Naughty Dog may have designed the game to have this new shooting system on purpose. They are changing it because the fans don't like it, fair enough.

My point is that it is a different system and that is why people are angry. They wanted the same as UC2. Fine. but there is the right for a developer to change something that they want to change for a game.

It's not a bug, it was intentional and I personally don't mind the system. I get others don't like it and i get why. But it was never a bug.....

it was clearly designed to be that way

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
@Choc - I didn't import SM3DL, I put faith in Nintendo Australia to get us a review copy early enough... May or may not have been a good idea.

I'm actually getting quite annoyed playing UC3, it's more 'omg this is bullshit' with the bullet sponging and 50 dudes it throws at you. Gave up on it yesterday, might just have to drop the difficulty level just so I can enjoy the story.

Also played Sonic Generations over the weekend and some BF3. I actually had a weekend where I did nothing but play games and watch TV. Oh and other stuff... but yes. Awesome weekend.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Wasn't saying it was bugged, was saying it was shit, and they designed it that way, meaning they designed it to be shit.

VOOK said:
I'm actually getting quite annoyed playing UC3, it's more 'omg this is bullshit' with the bullet sponging and 50 dudes it throws at you. Gave up on it yesterday, might just have to drop the difficulty level just so I can enjoy the story.

Uncharted 3's encounters are indefinitely worse than Uncharted 2. They hark back to Uncharted's kill room where unpredictable waves of enemies flood in. They're make for much clumsier stealth sequences too.

Also, we haven't heard from Nintendo regarding SM3DL review copies, though we've asked what's up. We're just crossing our fingers.

Omikron

Choc said:
no

my point is that Naughty Dog may have designed the game to have this new shooting system on purpose. They are changing it because the fans don't like it, fair enough.

My point is that it is a different system and that is why people are angry. They wanted the same as UC2. Fine. but there is the right for a developer to change something that they want to change for a game.

It's not a bug, it was intentional and I personally don't mind the system. I get others don't like it and i get why. But it was never a bug.....

Just because it was designed that way, doesn't mean it wasn't a mistake either.

I am an arrogant cock when it comes to my dev work, but I can at least admit when the design was wrong from a user perspective.

Ydahs

Choc said:
no

I think you may be right that there was an intention to 'evolve' it, but there are videos that show the severity of input lag. By design or not, input lag is never a good thing.

But I think the biggest issue players are having has to do with auto-aim and it slowing down a lot once the cursor is over an enemy. That's clearly a design choice that didn't work out from what I've read.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
EatChildren said:
Also, we haven't heard from Nintendo regarding SM3DL review copies, though we've asked what's up. We're just crossing our fingers.

They'll probably send Zelda and Super Mario 3D Land at the same time I'd imagine.

I don't know whats going to happen with Mario Kart 7 and the release dates being so close, I'll probably just go buy it anyway.

Yagharek

Choc said:
no

Noone is saying its bugged choc. People are saying the controls are bad, or considerably inferior to uc2s excellent controls. There is a difference between reality and what you are arguing.

Go get an icypole. The lack of aircon on a hot day is doing you a disservice.

Deeku

RandomVince said:
Go get an icypole. The lack of aircon on a hot day is doing you a disservice.
Omg the last time I had an icypole was probably in primary school!

Frosty fruits are better.

Choc

Banned
EatChildren said:
Journalists were too busy fawning over the production values to properly critique Uncharted 3 like a fine gentlemen like myself would, so no, none mentioned it in their reviews as they were too busy giving it 10/10.

And I'd argue that the significantly slower speed and semi-digitalised aiming (or as it seems) is enough to warrant it as problematic regardless of how functional it is, simply because there was little to no issue with Uncharted 2 and no change at all was necessary.

Completely agree but that doesn't mean the UC3 shooting is not a bug

VOOK said:
It takes a lot more strategy than in UC2, you need to prioritise enemies depending on their weapon (and colour which is handy) and work out the best path around a room to hopefully get an aerial instakill at some point. If you can take out the long range sniper/grenade launchers it is a matter of holding your ground against the little guys and making sure any heavy guys are handled.

The bullet sponging has always been annoying and UC3 doesn't change the fact that getting up nice and close is the best option, aside from long range headshots with a powerful weapon.

EatChildren

Choc said:
Completely agree but that doesn't mean the UC3 shooting is not a bug

And water is wet.

EatChildren

I assumed it was a typing bug.

EatChildren

Guys shut up or I'm going to have to go buy ice cream.

Dead Man

Omi said:
Doesn't every game have 'role playing elements' these days?

Genre convergence.
Yeah, but calling something an RPG hyrid, or an action game with RPG elements seems to be a bit a difference to calling it an RPG.

Choc

Banned
codswallop said:
6,000 copies of MW3 stolen from a French delivery van.

its an amazing story for a number of reasons

6000 copies are worth 400,000 euros apparently

also how did they know that truck had MW3 specifically

EatChildren

legend166 said:
You know I'd like to determine how broken the UC3 aiming is, but I haven't received my free copy yet.

I proudly paid for my copy of Uncharted 3. Wait, no, it's a Sony game. No pride.

EDIT: STOP!

Top Bottom