• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

legend166 said:
reptile, I don't understand how you are so high up on that post list. You reply to 100 people at a time. Surely that means less overall posts.
Simple. I ignore my family and spend all my time basking in the warm glow of GAF.

Also work sucks right now.

Dead Man said:
4/10
I grinned, but only a little.
If I could be bothered I would have found that Space Marine/Gears preview article to crib directly.

Omi said:
How do you even find that out? :S

RDEJj.png

Click there.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
roosters93 said:
That shit cray

yeah. mine from '08 or whatever has it.

Ah cheers.. my next big fear is that I have a HD off an original 360.. time to investigate if it can be used with a slim

Shaneus

evlcookie said:
I'm tempted to pick up SR3 for $34 tonight since a few of the other PC guys are picking it up as well. I do have SR2 on my machine but i've never really bothered to play it. There's something about it that just irks me
It was a shit port?
evlcookie said:
and I get the feeling SR3 will as well.
"As many of our PC fans are probably aware, the Saints Row 2 port on PC could've been a lot better. With Saints Row: The Third though, we've taken all of the development of the PC version in-house, so that the PC version will be at the same level of playability as the console versions. Today though, since we're continuing "All Saints Day", we felt it was time to share some reasons why the PC version of Saints Row: The Third is worth your purchase.

First up, the Steam version of Saints Row: The Third will feature the Saints Video Record Mode, allowing you to record and export your most over-the-top gameplay clips, which you are free to share on social media sites and of course right here on SaintsRow.com. And if you’re a true cinephile, you can switch off the HUD and showcase your cheerleader assassin character in all her unblemished glory.

Post launch, the PC version will receive exclusive customization options, including oversized bobblehead masks of characters from your favorite non-THQ online shooter, Valve’s Team Fortress 2. They’re free, so Strap Them On! Stay tuned for more details in the future.

Other highlights include AMD Eyefinity support, DX9, DX10, and DX11 support, Crossfire enabled, SLI enabled, advanced depth of field, reflections, and ambient occlusion quality, and, of course, God Rays.

Saints Row: The Third on PC is not a port, and it's our goal here at Volition to prove that to our PC fans. We hope you enjoy the game when it releases to the public on November 15th!"

evlcookie said:
Maybe it's the design, colour template or just the silly over the top gameplay it's trying to give you, part of me feels like it will just be a bore to play.
Maybe it's that you hate fun, are avoiding trying something different or don't want to experience new things, part of me feels like you should man up and talk to girls buy Saints Row 3.

legend166

Omi said:

Go to the Community page.

Click on the 'Replies' number next to AusGAF and it will give you a list of posters.

Jintor is leading the way, following by reptile, choc and Vince.

Agyar

HolyCheck said:
do xbox's have HDMI out now? I remember there were rumours last i checked about them getting HDMI out because my last one didn't have it
They've all had HDMI ports since way back when.

If the aiming in Uncharted 3 was in a new IP it wouldn't have caused a fuss at all. People were used to the old aiming feel and as such don't like it to be changed. I found it fine but ND were silly to think people wouldn't get frustrated. Would suck if the new controls are just a replacement rather than giving people the option to go back

Omi said:
... On the COMMUNITY page with the list of all the threads click on the number of posts. Brings up a new pop up with how many times people have posted.

HolyCheck said:
do xbox's have HDMI out now? I remember there were rumours last i checked about them getting HDMI out because my last one didn't have it
They all do now from about the 3rd revision, should have been included from the damn start. Early adopters got fucked as usual. Not to mention the failure rate in the beginning.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Shaneus said:
Maybe it's that you hate fun, are avoiding trying something different or don't want to experience new things, part of me feels like you should man up and talk to girls buy Saints Row 3.

I do hate fun, It's why i hate videogames.

I think it's the , do whatever you please scenario that never actually makes it fun. Like just cause 2 was good for about a few hours then i just couldn't be arsed doing dumb shit. SR3 feels like it would be a very similar experience, just more over the top, violent and sexual.

evlcookie said:

I think it's the , do whatever you please scenario that never actually makes it fun. Like just cause 2 was good for about a few hours then i just couldn't be arsed doing dumb shit. SR3 feels like it would be a very similar experience, just more over the top, violent and sexual.
Checkout the RPS preview of SR3. Seems to have a really great, balls off the wall, storyline that would be great fun to play for 10 hours or so.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Choc said:
There seriously is NOTHING WRONG with the UC3 aiming

edit: vook did you import mario 3d from japan? play asia sold out :<
Uh. Naughty Dog are patching the game.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
evlcookie said:

evl put the ipl stream on now.

Rez said:
Shocking in this current generation, that a developer would patch a game. ;)

The aiming is definitely not going down well with the fans but Naughty Dog themselves said they were happy with it. They are changing it because they sell games to the fans and as such need to do what the fans want.

pilonv1

Sutton Dagger said:
The most disgusting thing about that ad is that he only trades 3 games in to get Arkham City, yeah right, you would need at least 10 games to get that sort of trade value. Disgusting.

The ad is horrible but it unfortunately targets their audience.

Someone should get the actual trade prices for those three games and see what it comes to. My guess is around $28.

Yagharek

Sutton Dagger said:
This will determine if you have good taste in games or not, name the 3 games you are anticipating the most between now and the end of the year. I better see some Skyrim love. :)

In no particular order:

Skyrim
Assassins Creed Revelations
Zelda: Skyward Sword.

In order:
Skyward Sword
Mario 3D Land
Oddworld Stranger HD

Shaneus

evlcookie said:

You played Just Cause 2 with cheats, didn't you?

reptilescorpio said:
Shocking in this current generation, that a developer would patch a game. ;)

The aiming is definitely not going down well with the fans but Naughty Dog themselves said they were happy with it. They are changing it because they sell games to the fans and as such need to do what the fans want.
Oh shit, epiphany! Would you (and any other listeners) say that this aiming thing is as bad as Criterion's stance toward not including a reset option in Burnout Paradise? Seems like a similar sort of deal, where the dev tries something they think the people want (or stays more true to their "vision", or whatever) but it winds up biting them in the arse.

Sutton Dagger said:
In no particular order:

Skyrim
Assassins Creed Revelations
Zelda: Skyward Sword.
Since Mass Effect 3 has been pushed back into 2012, this is mine top three remaining as well. Will probably wait on Skyrim though, as I'll wait for the inevitable mods to fix whatever's broken on day one. Or I'll pick it up around Christmas for the week off I have.

Fredescu

Shaneus said:
Would you (and any other listeners) say that this aiming thing is as bad as Criterion's stance toward not including a reset option in Burnout Paradise? Seems like a similar sort of deal, where the dev tries something they think the people want (or stays more true to their "vision", or whatever) but it winds up biting them in the arse.
Nowhere near it. Criterion refused to change it for months after release. Naughty Dog acted to change as soon as they heard negative feedback.

Fredescu said:
Nowhere near it. Criterion refused to change it for months after release. Naughty Dog acted to change as soon as they heard negative feedback.
Bang on. Plus I adapted to the changes to the aiming system whereas removing the restart feature meant it was frustrating for the entire game, the only way to cope was to never lose. I am but one man, sometimes I lose.

MrSerrels

Rez said:

Any idea when that patch is coming? I might hold off on playing after the uproar. Seems like the kind of thing that would bug the shit out of me now that I'm aware of it.

I've played the first part, but not hit any shooting sections yet.

Danoss

evlcookie said:

I'm in the same boat evlcookie. It seems a lot of people are pushing for more open world games. They do nothing for me, I get bored as it is generally quite samey.

I much prefer a driven narrative where they do push you down a certain path to tell a story or give you a certain experience. It's much like the older games that a lot of us grew up with, many of them were like that, it's only now that those designers visions could be completely fleshed out.

Shaneus

Fredescu said:
I think I was more referring to be similar in nature, that a gameplay mechanic was deliberately altered, much to the ire of their customers (which they wouldn't have been aware of at the time of development, obv). ND have done far better in that regard, whereas I remember clearly that the Criterion head was quite stuck up about the whole thing.

reptilescorpio said:
Bang on. Plus I adapted to the changes to the aiming system whereas removing the restart feature meant it was frustrating for the entire game, the only way to cope was to never lose. I am but one man, sometimes I lose.
*puts wanker hat on* Technically it was never removed in the first place, just not implemented (if you consider Paradise as more a spinoff than another game in the franchise, given that the core mechanic was so significantly changed).

Fredescu

Shaneus said:
I think I was more referring to be similar in nature, that a gameplay mechanic was deliberately altered, much to the ire of their customers (which they wouldn't have been aware of at the time of development, obv).
Fair enough. Your phrase "as bad as Criterion's stance" sounded like you were comparing the whole thing. I think if Criterion patched in a reset straight away you'd have probably forgotten it was even a problem by now. The only thing that made that situation "bad" was their arrogance in wanting to keep it out. If UC3 gets patched to have the same aiming as UC2 pretty soon, it will be a non-issue.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Choc said:
There seriously is NOTHING WRONG with the UC3 aiming

edit: vook did you import mario 3d from japan? play asia sold out :<

There clearly is, coming off Uncharted 2, and you're out of your fucking mind if you think otherwise.

Shaneus said:
*puts wanker hat on* Technically it was never removed in the first place, just not implemented (if you consider Paradise as more a spinoff than another game in the franchise, given that the core mechanic was so significantly changed).
Ah I meant that they had removed the feature entirely from that iteration of the series, whereas Naughty Dog were of the opinion that they had improved the aiming, like from UC1->UC2. Simply came down to not enough feedback by testers who could have alerted them to the fact that people would revolt and that the best course of action would be to include both aiming systems as a choice in the options menu.

EatChildren said:
There clearly is, coming off Uncharted 2, and you're out of your fucking mind if you think otherwise.
The 2 are certainly different but I wouldn't say there is anything wrong with the aiming. I could go home, boot it up and have a fun time popping heads. I haven't read any reviews but is that what brought about the 8/10? Was it a major negative for all the reviewers?

Fredescu

EatChildren said:
Not only that, but I'm pretty sure if there was an issue like this about some other game and someone that (claimed to) work for the company came and posted that everything was ok, Choc would have a good old rage about it.

EatChildren said:
I haven't played either, and am definitely out of my mind, but it seems to me that only the most diehard fans consider it a problem, and only a subset of those consider it a big enough problem that the game can't be played.

Were the different controls mentioned in any review?

Yagharek

The problems are clearly there, but at the same time its easy for me to adapt. The game encourages more stealth play too, which is awesome.

Loving it so far, even though the few issues are noticeable. Personally I'm more irritated that the character controls are a bit loose. Feels like SOTC steering at times.

RandomVince said:
The problems are clearly there, but at the same time its easy for me to adapt. The game encourages more stealth play too, which is awesome.

Loving it so far, even though the few issues are noticeable. Personally I'm more irritated that the character controls are a bit loose. Feels like SOTC steering at times.
The bumping into other characters and stopping you is the most irritating one they changed, I am sure in UC2 you just brushed off them and kept moving.

Ydahs

Zelda is less than two weeks away. Two weeks away.

Holy shit.

I promised not to touch it or Uncharted until I'm done with Xenoblades though, which I will spend day and night playing after my final exam on the 21st.

Choc

Banned
Naughty Dog are patching the game because of the fucking implosion on the internet of whinging people

:)

just because a patch is coming out does not mean they think there is something wrong with it. They are bowing to the people.

You honestly think that got through QA? seriously?

I agree its different to UC2 but perhaps that was the intention.....

Top Bottom