• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Salazar said:
Telling someone with a Karl Pilkington avatar to get an icypole is amusing for reasons podcast listeners will understand.

Haha.

As a massive Pilkington fan you would have listened to all the XFM stuff right?

Edit: So a kind US GAFfer just hocked me up with Skyrim for $45 (well $48 as I chucked in a few extra bucks) from D2D. I feel better knowing it's a legitimate site rather than a CD key seller, hopefully they give out the Steam keys soon so I can pre-load it.

jambo

EatChildren said:
EDIT: STOP!

7aeQq.gif

jambo

Rahk said:
Pre-order? I thought it was F2P?

It is F2P, but you can pre-order to get in-game credits as well as access to the beta. I didn't get in the beta via registration so I pre-ordered. Also helps to support the devs.

Omi said:
Eskimo Pie > *
Maxibon > all

HolyCheck said:
Sounds like a gay time.
Damn it. Maxibon = Gaytime > all

Dead Man said:
Some crazy person on TV just called AC an RPG. :/
It's fine as long as they say role playing game and not arr pee gee. Role playing is basically what most games are about, the genre RPG though has been defined fairly well by marketing departments. Video gaming is complex enough as is.

commanderdeek said:
I just googled bubble o bills.

Fuuuuuu I remember that! There's like an Agro one too or something!
And Wendys had an Agro soft serve with powdered chocolate and lollies! So good!

codswallop said:
6,000 copies of MW3 stolen from a French delivery van.
ARG?

pilonv1

Fusebox said:
And thanks AusGAF for the heads up on Skyrim PC for $69 at DSE! I was gonna drop $89 for the Steam copy but $20 is definitely worth a trip to North Sydney on friday.

Come say hi :-*

Also the cheapness of that DSi isn't worth the risk of driving to Rutherford

Fusebox said:
Yes!

And thanks AusGAF for the heads up on Skyrim PC for $69 at DSE! I was gonna drop $89 for the Steam copy but $20 is definitely worth a trip to North Sydney on friday.
Plus you don't have to wait for the massive Steam download which is a huge plus for me. Kinda wish I bought RAGE retail rather than have to redownload every time my hard drive needs reformating, etc.

pilonv1

Fusebox said:
Are you in North Sydney these days mate? I'm at St Leonards now but I far preferred working North Sydney.

I've been in North Sydney since 2006. We're moving into the city next month though :(

You'll have to FITE me for the copy of Skyrim if I don't get a USAer to gift a Steam copy to me.

Fusebox

Banned
Aah thats a shame, I prefer North Sydney to the city. Similar amenities but less crowded.

And I rang the DSE today and he said he had no store pre-orders yet, he told me I should have no problems walking in on the day and he'd do it for $69 like on the website - copies of Skyrim for everyone!

pilonv1 said:
I've been in North Sydney since 2006. We're moving into the city next month though :(

You'll have to FITE me for the copy of Skyrim if I don't get a USAer to gift a Steam copy to me.

Or get a US GAFfer to gift a copy from D2D for $45 like I just did :)

Fusebox said:
Nicely played Sutton! I wonder if I can get D2D with my unblock-us account...

That $45 is only if you have an IGN prime membership though, otherwise it's $53. I will see if he can hook you guys up as well.

Fusebox

Banned
Even $53 would be fine but looks like no luck:

"Error: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is Country restricted on your IP."

I might ask the unblock-us guys to add this one.

DXPett1

So a continuation of my spider in car story earlier;

I get back to my car and discover the keyless entry isn't working. I think to myself "lucky I it can still use the old school key method". /turns key... Motherfucking siren goes off and I'm all like "fuck, fuck get it in the ignition". Unfortunately in a 09 WRX, this does nothing.

I thought I may have sap all the power from it (previously done this once, unknown how it happened). Call up Subaru and they tell me how fucked I am (don't know the security pin, never show/told) and I am in despire.

Collegue walks past and I give them the run down and show them how dead my keyless entry and to make a giant arse out of me it works. I am gob-smacked. I quickly unlock it, put the key in and start up the beast.

How does this relate to the spider; I think that bastard decided to exact revenge on me for squishing him in the sunroof by getting inside my car and messing with the sensors.

tl;dr

11232940.jpg

Gazunta said:

Is it wrong if I thought this was a crispy strip before I realised it was a Gaytime? I am hungry for some KFC now :(

Probably a solar eclipse meant that the battery had all the energy sucked out of it towards the vortex in the sky. Once it passed the energy rained back down to the battery.

Also Skyrim is $35 on IntKeys but I wouldn't buy it without talking to one of the mods on there first. RAGE worked no problem though. Was a bit unsettling giving them my Steam login details so they could activate it through their VPN but they were really nice and it worked great. Obviously I gave them a temporary password.

Jintor

I don't fucking understand why severing my degree is such a fucking convoluted jump-through-hoops-and-still-fucks-you-over process! If I meet the requirements for a goddamn media degree now, why don't I get the damn thing now until I sever or complete another two fucking years of goddamn fucking law? What is this?

Jintor

I could kill a man right now, but I don't even have a goddamn humanoid to project all this rage onto, just a nameless, faceless, completely full of bullshit beureacracy.

Deeku

Jintor said:
No online store deals and I have nfi where Rutherford is. A pity :<

Anyway FUCK FUCKING UNIVERSITY FUCKING BEAURACRACY FUCK.

I don't think I'm going to Japan next year.

Fuck.

PS Save a copy of Skyrim for me.
That really sucks. I thought that's how it worked though - you can graduate twice when you do a combined/double degree.

Fusebox

Banned
Jintor said:
Anyway, tell me more about this Skyrim PC deal

Seems you can get it on D2D for $53 but I don't wanna hassle anyone to get it for me, so $69 from DSE with the cloth map is good enough value for me.

Sorry to hear about your Uni probs btw, need us to roll up on someone for ya?

Choc

Banned
Jintor said:
I don't fucking understand why severing my degree is such a fucking convoluted jump-through-hoops-and-still-fucks-you-over process! If I meet the requirements for a goddamn media degree now, why don't I get the damn thing now until I sever or complete another two fucking years of goddamn fucking law? What is this?

you should be able to get a transcript that says eligible for X and you can use that on the resume then

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Jintor said:
Anyway, tell me more about this Skyrim PC deal

Basically you buy it, and then several months later modders fix all of Bethesda's fuck ups, and add ten times the content.

Salazar

Is buying Steam Skyrim going to make it more difficult to implement mods ?

NB: I am laughably pathetic at doing whatever mods ask me to do. It's a foreign language.

legend166

Fusebox said:
Yes!

Amazing. I hope he hasn't already grabbed the DSL for $100.

People actually pay those prices?

Why wouldn't you just get someone to gift it to you?

EatChildren said:
Basically you buy it, and then several months later modders fix all of Bethesda's fuck ups, and add ten times the content.

and several months after they fix it different modders 'fix' it again by adding the, 'obviously needed', huge boobed anime girl character models.

Clipper

Jintor said:
I could kill a man right now, but I don't even have a goddamn humanoid to project all this rage onto, just a nameless, faceless, completely full of bullshit beureacracy.
Computer-says-no.jpg

Please don't kill me, I just couldn't resist :p.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Doncamatic said:
and several months after they fix it different modders 'fix' it again by adding the, 'obviously needed', huge boobed anime girl character models.

Exactly!

Shaneus

Fredescu said:
Fair enough. Your phrase "as bad as Criterion's stance" sounded like you were comparing the whole thing. I think if Criterion patched in a reset straight away you'd have probably forgotten it was even a problem by now. The only thing that made that situation "bad" was their arrogance in wanting to keep it out. If UC3 gets patched to have the same aiming as UC2 pretty soon, it will be a non-issue.
True, it was worded pretty badly on my part. I blame... Mondays.

reptilescorpio said:
Ah I meant that they had removed the feature entirely from that iteration of the series, whereas Naughty Dog were of the opinion that they had improved the aiming, like from UC1->UC2. Simply came down to not enough feedback by testers who could have alerted them to the fact that people would revolt and that the best course of action would be to include both aiming systems as a choice in the options menu.
It's true... most Uncharted 3 fanboys are revolting.

HolyCheck said:
*fist bump*
Seconded. Love me a Gaytime. Massive fail for the rest of AusGAF though for not mentioning the Monaco Bar. And I thought all youse had taste.

Omi said:
Eskimo Pie > *
Nah. Monaco Bar.

reptilescorpio said:
I actually told myself I need to go to the movies more, and asked for a voucher for my birthday to spend there. That was August. I have seen one movie (the AWESOME Isle of Man 3D doco) there since and I couldn't use my gift card thing at all because it was a group buy. Balls. Wanna go see that Jackman robot fighting thing though, reckon I'd love that. Drive as well. Apparently that's awesome for making me feel like a pretentious, holier-than-thou douche.

DXPett1 said:
Is it wrong if I thought this was a crispy strip before I realised it was a Gaytime? I am hungry for some KFC now :(
Fuck that, I want a crispy strip on a stick. But twice the size and twice as much coating. Or maybe just two on a stick.

RandomVince* said:
Send me Mortal Kombat on PS3 nao you glorious, handsome bastard.
Sent it today :)

Salacious Crumb

Salazar said:

NB: I am laughably pathetic at doing whatever mods ask me to do. It's a foreign language.

It should be fine. The only time steam becomes an issue with mods is when a dev patches out the exploit used to mod the game. Bethesda embrace mods so it shouldn't be an issue.

Dead Man

Jintor said:
Not a resume, government program, demands a degree for visa requirements
Damn, that sucks.

Salazar said:

Yeah, you should be fine.

Top Bottom