• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Rahk said:
Anyone else watching season 3 of Misfits? Getting episode 2 now!
Doncamatic said:
How is it without Nathan?
Me! It's not been as good since season 1. Nathan was the centrepiece, the new guy's not bad but it's like when they swapped the daughter's voice in Family Guy. It's not the same.

All right guys we live in a democracy here. We live in a free and just nation where we can debate how best to live our lives and prosper.

So Ricki Lee poll time.

BEFORE Vs. AFTER

0 - 1

reptilescorpio said:
All right guys we live in a democracy here. We live in a free and just nation where we can debate how best to live our lives and prosper.

So Ricki Lee poll time.

BEFORE Vs. AFTER

1 - 3

Ya'll are crazy.

Omikron

Kerrby said:
How about I'd hit that... with a baseball bat. Neither option for me.

That new live action Skyrim ad on TV is awesome.
Into domestic abuse too. Who knew.

Also live action skyrim is a bit of a waste imo. Then again I am not the target audience for commercial tv advertising.

Kerrby

Banned
Omi said:
Into domestic abuse too. Who knew.

Also live action skyrim is a bit of a waste imo. Then again I am not the target audience for commercial tv advertising.

You know me so well babe <3.

Kerrby said:
How about I'd hit that... with a baseball bat. Neither option for me.
MV7Pn.png

Jintor

Goddamnit, it turns out after a full day of learning and being frustrated by bureaucracy I don't want to study at night

I may as well just give in and play grand prix story and watch giantbomb all night

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:

So Ricki Lee poll time.

BEFORE Vs. AFTER

0 - 1
You wanted a poll? You got a pole! (pole)
Ahaha. I'm so awesome.

Anyway, would have before, possibly only for self-esteem issues though*.

*Not really. I mean, definitely before, but only because I genuinely think she looked better.

Omi said:
Anyone else buy books?
lol everyone with a brain is using their government expenditure to score some iPads and some sweet, sweet iBooks (eBooks? Fucked if I know). Not to mention the fact that they just employee some art school graduate to read to them during the day and at night next to their bed.

Agyar

Jintor said:

I'd love to know what, exactly, Victorian Liberal senator Helen Kroger believes The Greens have been preaching that Lublam is not practicing by buying those books. Apparently buying books is "amoral" when they're not the abridged novelisation of Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps.

Fusebox

Banned
Box of Bunnies said:
All the cool kids like Japanese men, not Korean girls.

iwanaga.jpg

Jeez I'm glad I didn't open this at work tomorrow! That could have been embarrassing.

Reposting it to emphasise how embarrassing it could have been.

Fusebox said:
Jeez I'm glad I didn't open this at work tomorrow! That could have been embarrassing.

Reposting it to emphasise how embarrassing it could have been.
Well, I know what I will be quoting every 50 posts tomorrow.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
God damn, today I found the most amazing website.

It was a site where you enter two cities, and it then shows you over the next year all the cheapest flights, very nice lay out, very simple

none of this put in your airports, and dates and how many tickets shit

just typed in Melbourne and Tokyo, hit enter and BAM showed me the cheapest 10 flights over the next few months.

Now i can't remember it :(

had a funny name

like orelio or spoilooo or splroro

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Well, I know what I will be quoting every 50 posts tomorrow.
Just set it as your wallpaper and save everyone some time.

Oh. You mean for Fusebox's benefit. Gotcha ;)

PS. Know what's frustrating about Blood Stone? "Hey, have a cutscene with a Koenigseigg and Joss Stone. Oh, no. You don't actually get to drive the thing (despite having several driving scenes earlier). We'll just cut to you getting out of it."

I have a feeling if, like you said, they didn't have a lot of development time, it would be closer to 50/50 driving and shooting, as opposed to 90/10. There's certainly enough placeholders to allow for it. Shame.

Shaneus said:
I have a feeling if, like you said, they didn't have a lot of development time, it would be closer to 50/50 driving and shooting, as opposed to 90/10. There's certainly enough placeholders to allow for it. Shame.
The driving is insanely linear too which sucks. It really is like a god damned movie through those sections. If they had proper control I would have expected them to actually put some effort into those sections considering how damned talented they were with racing games. Seriously, playing PGR4 and then Blood Stone is just mind blowing on what Activision were thinking. They handled the setup to a new genre in third person shooting really well for first timers but man, what a missed opportunity, could have been a little cult classic with more time in the oven.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
The driving is insanely linear too which sucks. It really is like a god damned movie through those sections. If they had proper control I would have expected them to actually put some effort into those sections considering how damned talented they were with racing games. Seriously, playing PGR4 and then Blood Stone is just mind blowing on what Activision were thinking. They handled the setup to a new genre in third person shooting really well for first timers but man, what a missed opportunity, could have been a little cult classic with more time in the oven.
Yeah, I know... completely agree. Fucked thing is, this wasn't even a Bond title based on a movie so you'd think that they could've given them an extra few months or so to flesh out the driving bits. The fidelity in those few bits early on (you really can tell that as the game progressed they had to drop those scenarios) were easily on the level of PGR4, there's just nowhere near enough of them.

Shit, even if they could've given the 3PS part of the game to, say, Treyarch and the driving to Bizarre, it could've been a game that'd knock it out of the park (as I understand it. I don't think Treyarch were ever *horrible* at shooting titles, were they?).

All this game reminds me of is The Saboteur. It has heart and promise and just something about it that makes it kinda loveable in spite, or because of its imperfections (other than the lack of content, obviously... hardly Bizarre's fault on that front). Like the really hot chick with a slight speech impediment or something.

Do you have any direct info on deadlines and if they were rushed to release it? I've had a quick hunt down and can't find any info (easily) anywhere. If not, any rough quotes or whatever. Just curious.

Also, just noticed that Activision actually own Toys for Bob as well. It's a fucking miracle those guys haven't been shut down yet, given that they haven't really put out much recently AND have been involved in one of my all time favourite game franchises.

Deeku

Jintor said:
Huh. My PS3 controller has stopped working unless it's plugged into the PS3.

Uh...
As in not connecting properly? Make sure you don't have any other bluetooth things happening around you. Poor controller gets confused real easily.

Top Bottom