• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Shaneus said:
Yeah, I know... completely agree. Fucked thing is, this wasn't even a Bond title based on a movie so you'd think that they could've given them an extra few months or so to flesh out the driving bits. The fidelity in those few bits early on (you really can tell that as the game progressed they had to drop those scenarios) were easily on the level of PGR4, there's just nowhere near enough of them.

Shit, even if they could've given the 3PS part of the game to, say, Treyarch and the driving to Bizarre, it could've been a game that'd knock it out of the park (as I understand it. I don't think Treyarch were ever *horrible* at shooting titles, were they?).

All this game reminds me of is The Saboteur. It has heart and promise and just something about it that makes it kinda loveable in spite, or because of its imperfections (other than the lack of content, obviously... hardly Bizarre's fault on that front). Like the really hot chick with a slight speech impediment or something.

Do you have any direct info on deadlines and if they were rushed to release it? I've had a quick hunt down and can't find any info (easily) anywhere. If not, any rough quotes or whatever. Just curious.
Treyarch have never really made a GREAT game. Black Ops was good. Well, actually the Spiderman games were pretty damn great. I enjoyed the PSOne ones more though. Yeah Spiderman 1+2 are pretty much their crowning achievements aside from Black Ops and some decent ports they did, like THPS2+. The shooting in Blood Stone is a lot better than Treyarch's Quantum of Solace.

Also hot chicks with a little quirk are awesome, just that little hook to get you interested because maybe she isn't an airheaded moron.

Pandemic were dead before The Saboteur released. Bizarre were dead as soon as Blood Stone was announced. Why the fuck would they give an action game to a studio who were so passionate about racing games? Microsoft didn't try and force Bungie to do a fucking RTS, they gave it to a studio who already had experience rather than flush the damn money down a toilet. EA and Activision have fucked so many development studios in to the ground with moronic decisions. Blood Stone was only announced 4 months before the damn thing even released. It was DOA, shoved out the door so they could piss off as much of the studio employees as soon as possible. At least they were merciful and waited until after the holidays to kick them out.

Shaneus

Jintor said:
Huh. My PS3 controller has stopped working unless it's plugged into the PS3.

Uh...
I had that same problem too. Turns out it's actually an issue (in my case, at least) with it being a non-genuine controller. I shit you not.

reptilescorpio said:
Treyarch have never really made a GREAT game. Black Ops was good. Well, actually the Spiderman games were pretty damn great. I enjoyed the PSOne ones more though. Yeah Spiderman 1+2 are pretty much their crowning achievements aside from Black Ops and some decent ports they did, like THPS2+. The shooting in Blood Stone is a lot better than Treyarch's Quantum of Solace.
They did the DC port of THPS2, which was by far the best version of it anywhere.
Also hot chicks with a little quirk are awesome, just that little hook to get you interested because maybe she isn't an airheaded moron.
Exactly. Games with tiny little niggles are better than ones with arseloads of polish and overproduction.

Pandemic were dead before The Saboteur released. Bizarre were dead as soon as Blood Stone was announced. Why the fuck would they give an action game to a studio who were so passionate about racing games? Microsoft didn't try and force Bungie to do a fucking RTS, they gave it to a studio who already had experience rather than flush the damn money down a toilet. EA and Activision have fucked so many development studios in to the ground with moronic decisions. Blood Stone was only announced 4 months before the damn thing even released. It was DOA, shoved out the door so they could piss off as much of the studio employees as soon as possible. At least they were merciful and waited until after the holidays to kick them out.
Salient points, my friend. I kinda new Pandemic were a but doneso during Saboteur development, but you can see that while there's passion in some areas of the game, a few aspects of the release (namely, the PC port and the apparent sudden end in story... I haven't made it that far yet) were noticeably incomplete, just like BS.

I guess there's just something about some games that wind up being a swansong for developers that make them so endearing. Kinda like the violinists on the Titanic. There's nothing they can do to stop the inevitable so they'll just do what they can while they have the time to do so.

Which reminds me. Still have this in its shrinkwrap. Sorry I didn't buy it sooner, guys :(
Sunset.jpg

Deeku

RandomVince said:
Speaking of spiders, that reminds me.

Back soon after a google image search....
Yes, after multiple veiny crotch dudes and what's her face, the logical next step is more spider pics!

please don't:(

Jintor

Of course it's charged :T

It was charging all of yesterday while I was watching Redline.

Shaneus said:
I had that same problem too. Turns out it's actually an issue (in my case, at least) with it being a non-genuine controller. I shit you not.

What? But... mine came with the PS3...

Echoplx

Jintor said:

You gave it too much power! Controllers can't go super sayain you know

Deeku

Jintor said:

Well, if it's not turning on at all (no red lights), then it's faulty. If the red lights are just flashing and not connecting/turning the ps3 on, it's bluetooth interference from something.

Shaneus

Jintor said:
Ah. See, I thought mine was genuine from a seller here in Melbourne (from eBay) but the telltale signs were there once I knew what to look for.

One thing I remember stumbling upon though, was that there's a pinhole button to reset the BT sync on them. Might be worth finding that and resetting it... you may be lucky.

PS. Jesus Fuck, I spend barely a few minutes editing my previous post and you guys fucking post all that stuff right after it. Everyone, read it again.

Kerrby said:
Just saw this on Facebook:

"Die hard 4.0 :) why don't they make any good action movies these days!"

...what?
They are stating that Die Hard 4 was shit. Which is was. Die Hard 2 had the cheese, Die Hard had the brilliance and Die Hard 3 had the the wacky story/characters. Die Hard 4 was just shit.

Edit: WAIT. I HOPE they are saying it was shit. Maybe they put the wrong damn bracket there hopefully.

Danoss

RandomVince said:
Speaking of spiders, that reminds me.

Back soon after a google image search....
Speaking of which, something happened when I went out looking for some spiders yesterday evening. I didn't find any that had a flattering background, so they weren't really worth photographing.

I ended up looking closely at a dandelion that had something moving on it. Then I saw what was going on.

7gu5x.jpg

These two little buggers were having a root. No idea what they are.

Ydahs

Has there been any word on Tales of the Abyss 3DS being released in Australia?

It's coming out this month in Europe, but TheHut doesn't even have it listed on their site.

Kerrby

Banned
reptilescorpio said:
They are stating that Die Hard 4 was shit. Which is was. Die Hard 2 had the cheese, Die Hard had the brilliance and Die Hard 3 had the the wacky story/characters. Die Hard 4 was just shit.

Edit: WAIT. I HOPE they are saying it was shit. Maybe they put the wrong damn bracket there hopefully.

No he literally likes Die Hard 4. Not only that but the movie only came out a few years ago so his point doesn't really stand.

Deeku

Ydahs said:
Has there been any word on Tales of the Abyss 3DS being released in Australia?

It's coming out this month in Europe, but TheHut doesn't even have it listed on their site.
I am now sad that I have a US 3ds. Have to wait until Feb 2012:(

Echoplx

It feels weird pre-ordering a game without any stupid vendor specific bonuses (talking about Skyrim on DD)

Though I would have payed extra for a soundtrack edition.

maladroid

Anybody have experience with TPG Mobile?

Doncamatic said:
Only had the patience to spend 20 seconds trying to find it.

And they say I don't have ADHD.
I think he meant the store.

You probably were continuing with the joke. In that case, all I have to say is that I'm quite thick.

maladroid

I find the sound of rain kinda sleep-inducing (usually when I wake up early on the weekend and want to sleep in, though). Good luck with your exam, Ydahs. Hope it isn't a morning one. I'll be going through all that pain next week.

Can't wait to see what it looks like in Spring!
P1010598.JPG

:(

fake edit: The noise did get a bit ridiculous right around now.

Due to my fretting over JB not delivering Skyrim on time, I am buying another copy of the game elsewhere just in case. However, if JB does deliver on time, I'll have an extra copy.

Would anyone be keen on snagging the extra key from the box for let's say, $50?

I could wait like a normal person, but hey, where is the fun in that?

maladroid said:
Anybody have experience with TPG Mobile?

I know a couple of people with them. Seems ok for the price, though they use optus so if your away from "metro areas" the reception isnt the greatest sometimes.

Top Bottom