• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Omikron

Choc said:
so buying a physical copy from overseas? same arguments ;)

especially Zavvi who are in a tax haven

The games are actually produced and manufactured in Australia?

You would think so with the massive price discrepancy.

Deeku

Why is vein guy still around:/

HN have definitely lowered game prices. I noticed most of the prices are in line with JB now.

Echoplx

jambo said:
Everyone needs to pre-order Tribes Ascend so they can get in the beta. It's off the fucking chart!

I got burnt with Global Agenda so I'm a bit hesitant, looking forward to Planetside more (Are they comparable at all?)

jambo

3chopl0x said:
I got burnt with Global Agenda so I'm a bit hesitant, looking forward to Planetside more (Are they comparable at all?)

Looking forward to Planetside? It's been out since 2003 =\

And this is a Tribes game through and through. Yes there are classes and you have to unlock stuff, but the core gameplay is exactly the fucking same and the maps in the beta are so much fun. Skiing is as glorious as ever and the Spinfusor is perfect.

Echoplx

jambo said:
Looking forward to Planetside? It's been out since 2003 =\

And this is a Tribes game through and through. Yes there are classes and you have to unlock stuff, but the core gameplay is exactly the fucking same and the maps in the beta are so much fun. Skiing is as glorious as ever and the Spinfusor is perfect.

Planetside Next or whatever the sequel is called.

I'm not trying to say the series is bad, I think the developer is bad :p If what you say is true then I'm definitely interested, but I've already spent a lot this month.

How's the server support over here? They pretty much had no oceanic servers for Global Agenda.

commanderdeek said:
Why is vein guy still around:/
Don't tempt me to ruin the next hour or so for the 50ppp people. Including me.

Choc said:
ok nnow i agree OTs are getting out of hand

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451221
Eh. It is only the start of the thread. You have to look at it for what? Half an hour at most before there is enough posts to make a second page? That one is actually quite well done with an index and everything. I like to see an OT that has some helpful information that means I don't have to google the hell out of a thought and hope that the websites I end up at aren't full of shit.

jambo

My main issue with that thread is that there is all the other crap about the other AC games and the pre-order stuff and even stuff about the AC comics. Information overload.

3chopl0x said:
Planetside Next or whatever the sequel is called.

I'm not trying to say the series is bad, I think the developer is bad :p If what you say is true then I'm definitely interested, but I've already spent a lot this month.

How's the server support over here? They pretty much had no oceanic servers for Global Agenda.

Hmm, just looked it up. Never knew there was a Planetside sequel.

I've never played Planetside of Global Agenda so I didn't know the dev's track record. All I do know is Tribes Ascend is a damn fine game.

Server support seems to be pretty good. It was a bit odd joining a game. I set the filter to CTF and Oceania then hit the big play button and I think it just did Matchmaking for me as I just plopped in a server.

I ended up playing for a few hours and never bothered to check if there was a proper server browser somewhere. Ping was great, no issues with movement or tracking enemies.

Jintor

Who gives a shit about OTs beyond the first four days of a thread's life

/edit i take back that statement. So long as the OT has links and links and links, that's all I care about

jambo

pilonv1 said:
They're completely unnecessary. Just google any information you want

I wouldn't say they're unnecessary. I'd much rather just click in to an OT in Gaming to check the release date or multiplayer modes instead of having to trawl through Google results.

Deeku

I never read the OP in OT threads, except maybe click on a gameplay video or something. I'm more interested in people's impressions which start a few pages in.

Omikron

http://www.google.com.au/search?cli...ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&channel=suggest&safe=active

YBq7o.png

Thanks google.

jambo

Also, who gives a flying fuck if the thread is unnecessary. I have brightly coloured socks on today. They're not necessary, I could've just got beige ones instead. The big OTs in Gaming are often very well prepared and laid out and I find them enjoyable to read through.

Choc

Banned
The MVC one is fine

i dont mind OTs the ACR one is crazy though
Did they really need to shit on about the AC2 and ACB and the DLC etc?

Choc

Banned
The poll found voter dissatisfaction with Mr Abbott at a record high of 57 per cent while the prime minister's "political comeback" has helped Labor to a three percentage point increase in its primary vote in the past two weeks.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/jul...ll/story-e6frfkvr-1226188284462#ixzz1d4LFhPsV

Tony, we are waking up to you!

She also improved her rating as preferred prime minister, winning the support of 39 per cent of respondents - up three percentage points - to Mr Abbott's 40 per cent - down a point.

jambo said:
Also, who gives a flying fuck if the thread is unnecessary. I have brightly coloured socks on today. They're not necessary, I could've just got beige ones instead. The big OTs in Gaming are often very well prepared and laid out and I find them enjoyable to read through.

IF you don't like it use that little button on your mouse to click to the next page. Easy fix. Those who WANT the information can find it in one, easy to digest spot.

Agyar

I like OTs but I dislike the ones where most/all of the text is within images. Having lots of relevant information (especially when it comes to limited/special editions, pre-order bonuses, DLC etc) in one spot is rest but making it unsearchable and poorly rendered on mobile devices is bad.

I've largely stopped participating in OTs as the fact that I'm a grown man with a job and other obligations that rob me of quality time in front of the TV means that I will be playing most console game at a snail's pace.

Basically, high schoolers and uni students with nothing else to do will finish the game in a weekend and be perfecting speedruns by the time I'm even getting into the groove.

Also, dilemma:

I've pre-ordered Skyward Sword from Play-Asia. Should I:

1) Pony up the extra money to get it courier'd to me and be playing by the 25th... or...

2) Wait one to three weeks for regular shipping... or...

3) Cancel my pre-order, pay double the price to get it locally day one?

;_;

jambo

How much more will it cost to get it couriered? How much more would it cost to buy it locally?

VOOK said:
Kirby's Wii Adventure out December 1st.

I totally missed that Kirby Mass Attack came out haha, might pick it up this week.

Fredescu

I never read the OP of an OT, but I used to love participating in them when I had the time to finish games in a timely fashion, even when I was "a grown man with a job". Now I don't even have the time to play games anymore.

jambo

I haven't been playing much at all lately. I had a burst of gaming about a month or two ago, but recently I started hanging out way more with a bunch of mates.

It literally went from catching up with one of them for lunch every week in town to catching up with 5-6 of them 2-3 times a week. I've spent the last few weekends crashing at one of their houses because we keep having parties and doing stuff.

Like this weekend, crashing at theirs on Thursday night after a gig we're all going to, then going to work on Friday. Back there on Friday night and then for the rest of the weekend.

Luckily I have the Monday off so I'll be able to put some solid hours into BF3, Tribes, Sonic and AssBro.

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Another $12 or so to get it couriered. Just over $40 more to buy locally.

Definitely go with Courier, $12 is like a sanger and a drink.

Deeku

If play asia doesn't have a solid shipping date, buy locally to play day 1. If you're ok with possibly getting it on the following Monday, then go with pa courier.

legend166

Been so busy at work today.

My daily email amount has gone from about 2-3 per day at my old role (where I did nothing), to 30-40 per day.

I really did give up the dream life.

jambo

Wow, I just checked my bank account and even though Amazon cancelled my 2 lightsaber orders because of shipping restrictions, there are still authorisation holds on my account, so I can't access $350 of my money =\

legend166 said:
Been so busy at work today.
My daily email amount has gone from about 2-3 per day at my old role (where I did nothing), to 30-40 per day.
Since I took this job I used to get about 10 a day. 2 weeks ago that jumped to around 40-60, several organisations obviously didn't get passed my address going by the communications so far. :(

3chopl0x said:
Dual Audio! Man DB had some of the most entertaining dubs (in terms of being true to the source)
Fixed. Well, if you wanted to take it serious then yes it would have been annoying.

Choc

Banned
jambo said:
Wow, I just checked my bank account and even though Amazon cancelled my 2 lightsaber orders because of shipping restrictions, there are still charge holds on my account, so I can't access $350 of my money =\

it will go away in 5 business days else u can call the bank up and get them to remove the pre-authorization

40 emails a day

if only.......

seriously, more like 100

Agyar

jambo said:
Wow, I just checked my bank account and even though Amazon cancelled my 2 lightsaber orders because of shipping restrictions, there are still authorisation holds on my account, so I can't access $350 of my money =\
The downside of Visa/MasterCard debit cards. Credit is a lot easier when dealing with holds and refunds.

Fredescu

legend166 said:
If it makes you feel better, it's better to be busy. You learn more, develop better habits, and you feel better at the end of the day. If you're in a job where you're not doing much, you can develop bad habits, and you may find that you grow to resent work, which results in a poor attitude, and a general feeling of dissatisfaction about your life.

Also, a role where you're busy is generally more secure (nothing is ever 100%). If you're doing very little and getting paid for it, the bean counters will figure it out eventually. Unless you get very good at covering it up, which is one of those bad habits I was referring to.

Having been in both situations, as long as I was still working reasonable hours, I would much prefer to be in a busy role with a lot to do.

Top Bottom