• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Frawdder

reptilescorpio said:
ZOMG!!! AUSGAF IS BEING MERGED WITHE THE AFLGAF THREAD!!! WHERE WILL I POST MY BARGAINS NAOW???
We should start a thread where we all post bargains that relate to Australians and perhaps talk about games in a--

...wait a minute.

Ydahs

3chopl0x said:
Doesn't that stuff belong in the AFL thread? Just sayin'
It is, but not enough people see it there.

Since the finals begin tomorrow, I thought I'd post it in here too so people don't miss out.

Sorry if it's spammy, I'll only post links starting week two.

For the new page:

NeoGAF AFL Finals Tipping (Will be updated there)

NeoGAF AFL Finals Preference (Will be updated there)

OFFICIAL AFL THREAD - It's be much easier for me to track your tips/prefs if you post it in there.

jambo

#Collingwood

It's crazy how much of my computer use these days is just Steam and Chrome.

I formatted and installed Windows 7 the other night and other than Chrome, Steam, foobar2000, MPC-HC and 7-Zip I haven't installed anything else!

Jintor

I played so much Marvel v Capcom (original). Oh my god, I want to play MvC3 so badly against other people IRL. Gotta follow OzHadou.

lol relationship drama

Jintor

I'm actually really depressed now

and have poor impulse control, although i have just enough to avoid fucking over my principles

reptilescorpio said:
ZOMG!!! AUSGAF IS BEING MERGED WITHE THE AFLGAF THREAD!!! WHERE WILL I POST MY BARGAINS NAOW???
The NRL thread, at a guess.

Jintor said:
I'm in so much alcohol
Jintor said:
I'm actually really depressed now

and have poor impulse control, although i have just enough to avoid fucking over my principles
I can't see how we're going to get an awesome "I'm so drunk I just..." story with that attitude. On a serious note, the number one reason why I don't drink alcohol is because it's a huuuuuge depressant for me. After a few drinks I will become the guy at the party sitting in a corner awash in his own self pity and loathing.

Yay, fun times and happy stories! I hope things are better for you this morning, Jintor :)

DeathJr said:
Okay I don't get this, how can ozgameshop have the same game on sale (for the same platform) at hugely different prices?

Resistance 3 (sold out) @ $54.99

Resistance 3 (in stock) @ $72.49

Hunted the Demon's Forge @ $26.49

Hunted the Demon's Forge @ $56.99
Initial expensive shipment still not all sold.
They then received a new shipment that cost half as much. Consumers buy the cheapest one first. Eventually the price of tye old stock will be written down in order to clear up space in the warehouse.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
From Dust
Title can be played in offline mode (no connection to the Internet is required after installing the patch)
Save file is moved from the Uplay/Ubisoft server to the local machine

I guess that's nice. Shame there's no other improvements. Might play it after finishing up DX3 this weekend.

Omikron

Sutton Dagger said:
Dead Island unlocks for the rest of you in the next few hours right? Any other Uni bums want to give it a whirl?
Wish I could!

Weather in Melbourne is just awful today. Got soaked from car to train platform. But nursing a bucket of coffee to make up for it.

I'll be playing the shit out of Dead Island tonight, but will probably stick to single player until I get the hang of things. Can't wait though, I don't know what it is but I love me some kinda broken European games (Sacred II, anyone?)

midonnay

hmmm..... nightmare conditions for the hawks games according to the Aust....as in hail and shit.

collingwood is going to rape us if this continues >_<

edit.... uhm....

#West Coast

midonnay said:
hmmm..... nightmare conditions for the hawks games according to the Aust....as in hail and shit.
Isn't that a nightmare for anyone? Or do the Hawks, in particular, not cope well with multiple ice pellets being propelled at their heads at 30 miles per hour?

elfinke

reptilescorpio said:
EDIT: OMGOMGOMG new Machine Head album out end of this month! Finally!

Holy shit yes. I heard the new single on YT a week or two ago, it was pretty excellent, with The Blackening underpinning it, but not overtly so. Day one.

Choc said:

Excellent trailer, nice message - all the better for not being full of Emerton and Kewell too. Can't fucking wait for the new season to start!

In other news all of my PC stuff arrived yesterday. 6950's are fucking huge, but quieter than my 7900gts were, same goes for my new PSU. BIOS's have mouse support in them these days, holy shitomgwtfbbq?! Overclocking is so ridiculously easy (in fucking windows now!) it's not funny - we've come a long way from 2b pencils and scalpels (Duron unlocking). Oh and fan controls built into drivers is a nice thing.

Deus Ex is a nicer game to play at 1680*1050 max everything and a bazillion frames compared to 1280*800 low everything and shitty frames :D

Fogz

Sutton Dagger said:
Dead Island unlocks for the rest of you in the next few hours right? Any other Uni bums want to give it a whirl?

I'll be up for a go this afternoon/tonight.

AusGAF game night?? :)

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I'm having an ultra sound today for my bladder.

I have to drink 750ml of water between 9:30 and 10.. then my appointments at 12
this will be fun.

Jintor

Planet_JASE said:
I can't see how we're going to get an awesome "I'm so drunk I just..." story with that attitude.

You're right, last night was the night of drunk stories happening to other people

still enjoyed myself though. Swedish cider is hella awesome. Wish I had tried the strawberry-lime cider before they ran out.

Darn my shit luck. Laptop crashed last night. I'm positive the display adapter/vga chip is busted. Freezes in safe mode with graphical corruption, and in normal mode works for 10 minutes then freezes again. FML.

I haven't bought a game in ages, but looking forward to playing Dead Island this weekend.

Having one of those "work is quiet and I'm looking forward to playing (insert game name) so I'm just going to sit and hit F5 on the (insert game name) GAF thread for the rest of the day" days.

Anyone else ever do this?

jambo

Sutton Dagger said:
Never tried cider, but I'm going back to my favourite Euro restaurant in Sydney on the weekend, and I'm going to try the German cider ;)

And some German sausage I bet.

Jintor said:
You're right, last night was the night of drunk stories happening to other people

still enjoyed myself though. Swedish cider is hella awesome. Wish I had tried the strawberry-lime cider before they ran out.
Was it one of those $1 drinks for ladies night?

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Dude, what's wrong with your bladder?
Pregnant?

BanShunsaku said:
I haven't bought a game in ages, but looking forward to playing Dead Island this weekend.

Having one of those "work is quiet and I'm looking forward to playing (insert game name) so I'm just going to sit and hit F5 on the (insert game name) GAF thread for the rest of the day" days.

Anyone else ever do this?
No. I am a hard, diligent worker.

Top Bottom