• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Jintor

There's a hint thing which very thankfully sets out a lot of stuff about the problem question, but relative to that any dealing with the essay question is super brief...

Fusebox

Banned
reptilescorpio said:
and also Patrick Stewart.

picardWTF.jpg

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
So far;

Skylanders - Finished
Uncharted 3 - Finished
Batman - Finished
Drive - CBF

All ready for the Nintendo onslaught of games now :)

jambo

BanShunsaku said:
Nah, but he voiced a shithouse dragon in the 1996 film Dragonheart.

So what does that have to do with a Skyrim Presidog comic?

EDIT: oh because he voiced a dragon he could do this one?

Choc

Banned
gaz

#firstworldteenageproblems

person buys MW3 @ midnight launch cant play it because of steam unlocking at 10am

whinges

:D

BanShunsaku said:
I could get it on Amazon delivered for about $170. But that would mean waiting until next week to play it.

Thanks anyway Gaz, thought it was worth a shot. I'll probably just grab whatever version my local EB has on Friday morning.

Why would you do that?

Echoplx

BanShunsaku said:
I prefer Scottish dragons, is all.

Because EB is the only store close to my house, and my local JB doesn't open until 10am. And I'll be wanting that shit ASAP.

There are plenty of US gaffers that would be willing to gift you the game for 60$ from Steam or 45$ from D2D and it will have a pre-load (according to Beth)

Is there any reason you're so keen on physical?

Gazunta

*head explodes*

OK so i think I'm doing a comic about a teenage dragon buying William Shakespeare's Skyrim and not being able to play it because he can't unlock Patrick Stewart, right?

Ill be going PC.

I'm tempted to get it gifted on steam but I look at my shelf with my copies of Morrowind and Oblivion and I just feel the need to have a copy of Skyrim sitting next to it.

Oh and clothe mappe, of course.

Choc

Banned
Gazunta said:
*head explodes*

OK so i think I'm doing a comic about a teenage dragon buying William Shakespeare's Skyrim and not being able to play it because he can't unlock Patrick Stewart, right?

BEST COMIC EVER

Echoplx

BanShunsaku said:
Ill be going PC.

I'm tempted to get it gifted on steam but I look at my shelf with my copies of Morrowind and Oblivion and I just feel the need to have a copy of Skyrim sitting next to it.

Oh and clothe mappe, of course.

Fair enough, it's just earlier you said you'd buy DD over physical even if it saved you only 10$ so I was a bit confused :p

Oh, Presidragon!

3chopl0x said:
Fair enough, it's just earlier you said you'd buy DD over physical even if it saved you only 10$ so I was a bit confused :p

In most cases yes, Skyrim is a bit of a special case. And the closer it gets to Friday the more hyped I'm becoming :)

Omikron

BanShunsaku said:
In most cases yes, Skyrim is a bit of a special case. And the closer it gets to Friday the more hyped I'm becoming :)

You and me both. And I gotta wait for OzGameShop edition to arrive. ;)

not such an issue as no gaming this weekend with parentals visiting for my birthday

Waikis

Jintor said:
Jesus christ. I have no idea what kind of essay questions administrative law is going to bring to the table in the actual exam.

Oh god.

I did that last semester and I couldn't remember a single case from that subject.

Omi said:
You and me both. And I gotta wait for OzGameShop edition to arrive. ;)

not such an issue as no gaming this weekend with parentals visiting for my birthday

At least the game won't be sitting there waiting for you to play it!

Having house guests and a brand new video game you've been waiting years to play is seriously painful.

Deeku

BanShunsaku said:
At least the game won't be sitting there waiting for you to play it!

Having house guests and a brand new video game you've been waiting years to play is seriously painful.
Just kick em out, it's your house! :lol

Gazunta said:
I will paypal you $2 if you do that comic justice.

BanShunsaku said:
Ill be going PC.
IntKeys had it for $35 yesterday. Bit of a worrying process but it worked fine for RAGE for me. Very professional.

Echoplx

Plus there's the fact that New Vegas was region locked and incompatible with DLC

RAGE was fine but I wouldn't take the risk with Skyrim.

Salazar

Choc said:
interesting

smh poll

Where do you stand on a carbon tax?
For
46%
Against
46%
Still don't understand it
8%

Eric Abetz went bananas today. It was possibly the most juvenile squealing streak of total nonsense Australian politics has witnessed this century.

Salazar said:
Eric Abetz went bananas today. It was possibly the most juvenile squealing streak of total nonsense Australian politics has witnessed this century.

What did he do?

Turned on the news today to see carbon tax being passed through the senate accompanied by Gilliard saying "Tony Abbot ran away with his tail between his legs" or something. Man I am sick of hearing her voice..

Salazar

shanshan310 said:
What did he do?

Just ranted. SOLEMN PROMISE, FILTHY DECEIT, ALLIANCE OF INFAMY, OH YOU MAY WELL GO AND CELEBRATE WITH THE GREENS, TRAITOROUS YAHOOS, THE AUSTRALIAN PEOPLE ARE LIVID, LIVID WITH THIS TAX, A BLACK DAY, OH, THIS IS A BLACK DAY.

It went on and on. Someone brought in a photo of Gillard shaking hands with Brown and Abetz practically had an orgasm about how potently symbolic it was of the DECEIT PRACTISED ON WORKING FAMILIES, OH MY GOD.

Choc

Banned
shanshan310 said:
What did he do?

Turned on the news today to see carbon tax being passed through the senate accompanied by Gilliard saying "Tony Abbot ran away with his tail between his legs" or something. Man I am sick of hearing her voice..

Abbott flew to London this morning before the vote because he is a gutless shit who won't comment on losing

Malcolm Turnbull did the interviews and said he doesn't support this but he supports an ETS

You go malcolm, we want you as leader

EDIT: Joe Frazier died!

Choc

Banned
America SMH

Judge blocks graphic smoking images
November 8, 2011 - 9:13AM
A judge has blocked a US government requirement that would have begun forcing tobacco companies next year to put graphic images on their cigarette packages to show the dangers of smoking.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/judge-blocks-graphic-smoking-images-20111108-1n4e8.html#ixzz1d5VK0Z4a

seriously, fuckwits

MALCOLM FARR: ABBOTT TO FLOG THE HORSE
SAVE
"The Opposition will keep fighting the carbon pricing scheme because there isn't a lot else of similar weight which would recommend a vote for Tony Abbott's troops at the next election."

Choabac

Choc said:
Malcolm Turnbull did the interviews and said he doesn't support this but he supports an ETS

You go malcolm, we want you as leader

It morphs into a ETS in three years away, so if Malcom became leader he wouldn't repel it. He just would have wanted to cut to the chase quicker.

Choc

Banned
Tony Abbott despite what he says will not repeal it either. It would cost waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much money to do it

plus he reckons he can maintain the pension increases etc without a tax increase and by removing the tax

anyone knows thats impossible? how do you maintain higher public spending without a tax increase and less taxes

Hello Greece.

I am not a labor voter but i am over the way tony acts. He is worse than Gillard because he has no policies, goes for what ever is popular for the day and always says No, to even good things like the pokies changes.

Seriously, Australia needs Malcolm like never before

Echoplx

Graphic images on smoke packs is stupid and pointless. Alcohol can kill you, why aren't there any images of fucked up livers on bottles?

Not like it actually deters people anyway.

Choc

Banned
3chopl0x said:
Graphic images on smoke packs is stupid and pointless. Alcohol can kill you, why aren't there any images of fucked up livers on bottles?

Not like it actually deters people anyway.

Given the smoking rate has significantly decreased since they came in i care to differ chops.

The alcohol thing is an interesting point to be fair. Thing is alcohol does not have substances within it (nicotine) designed to addict people

people get addicted due to a seperate issue not because there is something in the booze to addict you

Choabac

Choc said:
Tony Abbott despite what he says will not repeal it either. It would cost waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much money to do it

plus he reckons he can maintain the pension increases etc without a tax increase and by removing the tax

anyone knows thats impossible? how do you maintain higher public spending without a tax increase and less taxes

Hello Greece.

I am not a labor voter but i am over the way tony acts. He is worse than Gillard because he has no policies, goes for what ever is popular for the day and always says No, to even good things like the pokies changes.

Seriously, Australia needs Malcolm like never before

I feel ya, brother.

To balance the budget, Tony Abbot could cut government expenditure in other areas. Certain middle income welfare entitlements could be removed. But that would be unpopular, so I'm not sure he would try that.

It's probably not a popular opinion, but I think plain packaging etc is bullshit.

Smoking kills, everyone fucking knows it, either make it illegal or don't.

Choc

Banned
BanShunsaku said:
It's probably not a popular opinion, but I think plain packaging etc is bullshit.

Smoking kills, everyone fucking knows it, either make it illegal or don't.

the compo required to make it illegal would destroy our GDP overnight

Choabac

Compo for the cigarette companies?

I doubt they would get anything if smoking was ruled illegal because of health and addiction risks, like marijuana, cocaine etc.

remz

Cheapest place to get mw3 for PC? I imagine because it's steamworks I can just buy for steam from somewhere... right?

Top Bottom