• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

jambo

Gotta say, the Amazon live support chat is pretty damn good. She was able to pull up my account details and explain everything in about 4-5 minutes. Going to ring the bank now.

Fredescu

Choc said:
"Not our problem your country exploits its working class, it doesn't cost US companies twice as much to digitally distribute to australia / new zealand, its just profiteering by countless middlemen.

I don't make more money just to throw it away or basically donate it to the US GDP, its like saying that someone who earns more should pay more for anything they buy based on what they earn."

Choc

Banned
Fredescu said:
"Not our problem your country exploits its working class, it doesn't cost US companies twice as much to digitally distribute to australia / new zealand, its just profiteering by countless middlemen.

I don't make more money just to throw it away or basically donate it to the US GDP, its like saying that someone who earns more should pay more for anything they buy based on what they earn."

the dumb thing is that in that thread there is a lot of sense spoken about the clear economist in there

but, surrounded but shit

jambo

Rang the credit union, they said that Amazon either need to "list" the authorisations or send something on letterhead saying that they no longer need the funds and they can remove the authorisations.

I sent this info on to Amazon so now I play the waiting game.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Danoss said:
I think Sony DADC is about 10kms from my house where they do exactly this. Damn the majority of posts there are funny and so, so wrong.

Yeah they do Bluray movies and games there, not DVD's though. AFAIK.

Fusebox

Banned
jambo said:
Wow, I just checked my bank account and even though Amazon cancelled my 2 lightsaber orders because of shipping restrictions, there are still authorisation holds on my account, so I can't access $350 of my money =\

Hey Jambo, are you in Sydney? If you really want those lightsabers you can use my Myus.com account and just cover the shipping costs. That goes for everyone who needs anything restricted.

jambo

Fusebox said:
Hey Jambo, are you in Sydney? If you really want those lightsabers you can use my Myus.com account and just cover the shipping costs. That goes for everyone who needs anything restricted.

I'm in Adelaide, but I already had a look at HopShopGo and it would cost a LOT!

One of the stores I tried to order from said the box would be 48x10x10, which comes out to 16 pounds using the MyUS system. How much would that cost?

senahorse

3chopl0x said:
Who else will be playing Skyrim PC at midnight? We should all chill in the Steam chat.

No midnight for me, well I might get up to start the decryption process. Going to be up early on Friday playing though.

Fusebox

Banned
jambo said:
One of the stores I tried to order from said the box would be 48x10x10, which comes out to 16 pounds using the MyUS system. How much would that cost?

$125 for 1-4 day shipping.

The thing I've found with Myus shipping is the base price is expensive but it doesn't go up much more with extra packages. My last shipment was a mixture of US stores which came to around $500 or so but the money I saved buying baby clothes from Ralph Lauren online vs buying Bonds from Target covered the cost of the rest of the shipping. So definitely not the best value for single purchases or small parcels.

Yagharek

Speaking of irony, I was having a shower this morning and heard a tiny little voice say "Hey bro, I heard you had some tiny bugs in the shower, so I got them all for you".

Little bugger jumped on my arm, nfi where he came from.

I did rescue him and take him outside though.

MW3 will be going on my "gift ideas for family members who don't know what to get me" list.

If someone buys it for me I'll play through the single player but there is no way I'm going to buy it for myself any time soon.

Choc said:
i'm officially part of the problem

MW3 purchased
Tempted to run down to Dick Smith myself. One of the guys at work was told when Arkham City came out by his wife that he could get one or the other. He grabbed Batman as hey, I want a game right NOW to play! She was nice enough to grab a copy for him this morning though so I am tempted to jump online with him and see what all the fuss about the MP is about.

Choc

Banned
Fusebox said:

The thing I've found with Myus shipping is the base price is expensive but it doesn't go up much more with extra packages. My last shipment was a mixture of US stores which came to around $500 or so but the money I saved buying baby clothes from Ralph Lauren online vs buying Bonds from Target covered the cost of the rest of the shipping. So definitely not the best value for single purchases or small parcels.

wat

are you saying target bonds is more expensive than RL?

fuck me no wonder pacific brands is going broke

Fusebox

Banned
Fun story, I was going to get Modern Warfare 3 but have had so much fun playing Modern Combat 3 instead that it's all out of my system now.

Best portable FPS ever:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32365995&postcount=11091

Choc said:
wat

are you saying target bonds is more expensive than RL?

fuck me no wonder pacific brands is going broke

Yep, it's about $10 for a Bonds onesie but it's about $8 for a Ralph Lauren onesie from their online site when they're having a sale.

For example, I bought this:

Description: Striped Cotton Ruffle Bubble
Quantity Ordered: 1 @ $9.44

But locally they cost this:

Ralph Lauren Polo Girl Ruffle Bubble Romper $39.95

jambo

Fusebox said:

See the problem with this is the shipping will be about $125-150 and the lightsaber is $130 or so. That totals out to $250-280. You can buy them locally in Adelaide for around $300, so I might just bite the bullet and get one here if I have to.

The other option is if ThinkGeek suddenly get access to any more models. Doing another big order with a mate of mine in December, so if they still don't have any other models I'll just pick one up locally.

Fusebox

Banned
Choc said:
so the carbon tax has passed and the wanker fuckwits that listen to alan jones are out in full force

Good! About the tax passing that is, not the Jones sheep bleating back his latest distorted, corporation-funded view on reality.

roosters93 said:
Well.. fuck. Looks like COD4 or something. Jesus.
Is there a graphics bump for iPad 2 over iPad 1?

Yeah, there's some extra graphics enhancements plus the increased framerate.

And I use the Fling controller with it which makes it even better.

http://tenonedesign.com/fling.php

Going to try and rent MW3 tonight. Can't justify spending another $80 on a game so soon after UC3.

midonnay said:
wow, thorpie misses the 100m freestyle final in a swim meet :/
Was expected since he hasn't done much but model underwear lately. Will take a LOT more training to get back to the top.

Fusebox said:
Yeah, there's some extra graphics enhancements plus the increased framerate.

And I use the Fling controller with it which makes it even better.

http://tenonedesign.com/fling.php

I only have an iPad 1 lol. Was just curious.

That controller looks very interesting! I still haven't gotten as comfortable with virtual joysticks and stuff on iOS as real controllers so maybe I should look into that.

Fusebox

Banned
Yeah the Fling isn't perfect, it can slide around a bit in extended, heated MC3 sessions and occasionally I need to push it back to its optimal spot, but for certain games it improves the controls greatly. My faves with the Fling are Modern Combat 3, NBA Jam, GTA: Chinatown, Real Racing 2 and Avadon.

I got a set of two for dual stick setup but so far I've only been using one stick on the left for the games above.

Paging Gaz (or anyone who might know)

If I wanted to try and pick up that ridiculous Skyrim CE with the Dragon, is ebay the only place I can get it these days? (without importing)

Jintor

Jesus christ. I have no idea what kind of essay questions administrative law is going to bring to the table in the actual exam.

Oh god.

BanShunsaku said:
Paging Gaz (or anyone who might know)

If I wanted to try and pick up that ridiculous Skyrim CE with the Dragon, is ebay the only place I can get it these days? (without importing)
If Gaz has the hook up for the statue by itself I would gladly fork over some cash for one!

I could get it on Amazon delivered for about $170. But that would mean waiting until next week to play it.

Thanks anyway Gaz, thought it was worth a shot. I'll probably just grab whatever version my local EB has on Friday morning.

Top Bottom