• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Omikron

Salazar said:
I dunno how John Hartigan can stand down just as The Australian starts to revolutionise journalism.
Extra positive is that his other half rebecca wilson might also get the arse. She is a completely insufferable ' journalist'.

Yagharek

midonnay said:
the catholics are typically more science friendly than the evangelicals

a priest did pwn einstein with the big bang theory...

._.

That may be true, but as a whole the rcc has only accepted sciences after being dragged into modernity by it. And they are still well behind in the areas of reproductive health and prevention of STDs.

And really, look at Pell. The guy thinks he is a qualified climatologist.

Deeku

semper sit laus deo!

Scintilla casam intrat

Quintus et Horatia in agrum currunt

Flaccus filium laudat

...wait what are we doing again?

Jintor

I've forgotten all the Ankh-Morpork guild mottos. :T

What was the motto of the sasswot's guild? Nil moritici sine lucre?

by the way, how awesome is it that the opposing party is called the Shadow Government? My law book just referred to a Minister's opposite in the shadow government as their 'opposition shadow'. Awesome.

I bought Cosmos on DVD from amazon UK back in April and finally started watching it yesterday. I had no idea it was Carl Sagan day. I'd just been working my way through my DVD backlog and I'd collected a bunch of documentary series like History of Britain, Power of Art, Civilisation and Ascent of Man. Cosmos was just next in line.

It's something like $15 from the UK

Cosmos WAS a big deal when they first showed but that was around 1980. The ABC shop used to push the book and soundtrack a lot (This was before you could buy videos of shows). They even repeated Cosmos in the traditional 6pm Goodies/ Doctor Who/ Monkey timeslot at one stage.

The only downside to watching Cosmos is being unable to stop doing the Sagan voice.

Playing BF3 "Billions and billions of snipers"
Driving on the freeway "Billions and billions of bogans"
etc

Jintor

I don't advocate killing spiders, but mosquitos deserve nothing but to be splatted against... something.

Fucking mosquitos.

Yagharek

The Cosmos DVDs belong in every good home library along with Attenborough works such as Trials Of Life and pretty much all others he has done.

Shaneus

ClivePwned said:
I bought Cosmos on DVD from amazon UK back in April and finally started watching it yesterday. I had no idea it was Carl Sagan day. I'd just been working my way through my DVD backlog and I'd collected a bunch of documentary series like History of Britain, Power of Art, Civilisation and Ascent of Man. Cosmos was just next in line.

It's something like $15 from the UK

Cosmos WAS a big deal when they first showed but that was around 1980. The ABC shop used to push the book and soundtrack a lot (This was before you could buy videos of shows). They even repeated Cosmos in the traditional 6pm Goodies/ Doctor Who/ Monkey timeslot at one stage.

The only downside to watching Cosmos is being unable to stop doing the Sagan voice.

Playing BF3 "Billions and billions of snipers"
Driving on the freeway "Billions and billions of bogans"
etc
Tehehe. I'd probably do that too, but I'd have no problem either speaking Sagan or hearing his voice in my head narrating my life.

Would be tempted to get it from the UK, but as my only (easily accessible) DVD players are my 360 and PS3, I'll need to get the R4 release. No matter, though. It seems like it's worth it.

On another note, I like Sega. I also like the demoscene, Zyrinx (who made the amazing Sub Terrania on MD), the 32X and awesome tracker music. Here, have a 32X tech demo by Zyrinx. I think the music might be by Jesper Kyd.

BanShunsaku said:
E pluribas anus

I get to post this .gif again!

tumblr_lsb95aqBNV1qe3p9bo1_500.gif

Jintor

Book depository has some 'deal every hour' thing going tommorrow from 10pm onwards (AEST), I think? So... yeah. Free shipping!

God damn. MW3. 5/5. So damn good. Non stop headshotting explosive action. Makes Michael Bay look like a fucking toddler. Played it at my co-workers house but now I am tempted to grab my own copy rather than wait for the price drop. Bravo IW/Raven/Sledgehammer.

Jintor said:
Book depository has some 'deal every hour' thing going tommorrow from 10pm onwards (AEST), I think? So... yeah. Free shipping!
Awesome. Much more money will be spent! UK or US store? Prices tend to be about 5% cheaper on the US storefront for us.

Edit: UK and starting at 11pm tomorrow.

Also I just realised that the MW3 logo is WW3 (World War 3) and then the first W flips to make the logo.
SMH
How the fuck did I not notice that?!?

Yagharek

commanderdeek said:
Considered?

I'd be out of that room so fast.

I thought there was a big one on the curtains this morning. Might well have been but I was too sleepy after nightshift so I never found out if it was or not. My wife may find out if it was real or if I was just dreaming. I'm assuming I dreamt it.

Shaneus

Gazunta said:
Jesus Holy Christ that was awesome. Thanks for posting that.

Here's Second Reality running on the C64. :O
No probs! It's actually put me in a mood for some demos (old and new) that I love.
Insert No Coins by Razor 1911, has an amazing early 90s Amiga/PC feel, yet is a 64k intro from this year! Bastards even managed to make it look like it was running on a crappy CRT, despite being (obviously) watched on an LCD. Check out the YT video at around 2:20 as well for the easter egg (yep, in a 64k demo!).
Red by Razor 1911, music is a cover of the Wizardry theme by TDK - First demo I ever really remember seeing and was always a bitch to get running, so the music reminds me of the satisfaction I used to get when tinkering with batch and config.sys files.
Fudge by Razor 1911. I just love the music.
Squish by and. First 64k I saw that truly blew me away. Obviously far more technically impressive than the first one I posted, but not as fun. But again, probably is as impressive in other ways in that the whole production (music, graphics, modelling, coding) was done by the one guy.

Anyway, getting carried away. Need sleep. Enjoy, folks :)

Rahk

Shaneus said:
No probs! It's actually put me in a mood for some demos (old and new) that I love.
Insert No Coins by Razor 1911, has an amazing early 90s Amiga/PC feel, yet is a 64k intro from this year! Bastards even managed to make it look like it was running on a crappy CRT, despite being (obviously) watched on an LCD. Check out the YT video at around 2:20 as well for the easter egg (yep, in a 64k demo!).
Red by Razor 1911, music is a cover of the Wizardry theme by TDK - First demo I ever really remember seeing and was always a bitch to get running, so the music reminds me of the satisfaction I used to get when tinkering with batch and config.sys files.
Fudge by Razor 1911. I just love the music.
Squish by and. First 64k I saw that truly blew me away. Obviously far more technically impressive than the first one I posted, but not as fun. But again, probably is as impressive in other ways in that the whole production (music, graphics, modelling, coding) was done by the one guy.

Anyway, getting carried away. Need sleep. Enjoy, folks :)
Crack music, woo!

Deeku

reptilescorpio said:
Also I just realised that the MW3 logo is WW3 (World War 3) and then the first W flips to make the logo.
SMH
How the fuck did I not notice that?!?
:lol

Did you not watch the trailer and read all the posts about how clever that was?

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
I may not always watch trailers but when I do I don't bother reading fanboy posts on the internet about them.
I didn't pick it either. Big whoop.

One more 64k-er. This one is kinda cute, so people would be wise to check it out just for funsies.

Edit: I think I actually remember this, but the guy who did squish (and) also did a talk/lecture on "free" 60fps that I seem to remember reading about last year. Possibly a different guy, but who knows?
http://and.intercon.ru/releases/talks/rtfrucvg/

Need to wake up in 5 hours...why do I do this to myself. So far this week I've had 4 hours sleep Monday night, 5 last night and probably 5 tonight!

Probably normal for some of you but I usually have 7 or more.

Yagharek

Looking forward to this weeks big game. Its big and stupid, but mw is a guilty pleasure like 24. It placates the inner right wing warhawk in all of us.

Shaneus

Last random post for the night: 1984 had some seriously fucking awesome movies in it. Was thinking about Top Secret, had a look at that year in movies and found all these gems:

A Nightmare on Elm Street
Bachelor Party
Beat Street
Beverly Hills Cop
Breakin'
Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo
Dune
Electric Dreams
Footloose
Ghostbusters
Gremlins
The Karate Kid
The Last Starfighter
The Lonely Guy
The NeverEnding Story
Once Upon a Time in America
Police Academy
Protocol
Red Dawn
Repo Man
Revenge of the Nerds
Romancing the Stone
Sixteen Candles
Starman
The Terminator
This Is Spinal Tap
Top Secret!

Seriously. Best year ever, for sheer number of really good movies. Not necessarily the greatest (though Top Secret IS there) but it's just a fucking awesome year for classic movies that have aged badly yet are still hilarious.

Yagharek

3chopl0x said:
Luckily IW don't need alphas when recycling the same shit every year.

Luckily it works. And really, comparing oblivion or skyrim to mw3 is silly. Few games are that big. GTA, Mario, and that's about it.

Deeku

I shouldn't have watched the quicklook for mw3. I think I will go purchase it tomorrow!

Also, King of Limbs Live From the Basement on bluray? So bought!

Rlan

Question about Oz Game Shop -- if I order several things from them, and some are on preorder in the same order, will they send out the ones they have separately, or will they wait until everything is in?

Echoplx

RandomVince said:
Luckily it works. And really, comparing oblivion or skyrim to mw3 is silly. Few games are that big. GTA, Mario, and that's about it.

Of course it's silly, was it not obvious I was just joking around? I thought the 4chan quotes and reaction pic would have given that away.

Yagharek

3chopl0x said:
Of course it's silly, was it not obvious I was just joking around? I thought the 4chan quotes and reaction pic would have given that away.

Ahh ok. My joke detection ability is zero when I'm on nightshift.

Shaneus

Rlan said:
Question about Oz Game Shop -- if I order several things from them, and some are on preorder in the same order, will they send out the ones they have separately, or will they wait until everything is in?
They'll send out everything separately, even if all the items are in stock!

Jintor

Brain melted.

I don't understand how I can upgrade to an entirely new machine and Lost and the Damned still runs like ass. Fuckin' Rockstar.

Top Bottom