• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Shaneus

BanShunsaku said:
Sogood.gif

Nick Rivers is Val Kilmer's best work!

I know a little German.
he's sitting over there

(not one of his lines but I love it)
My other fave is something like:
Hillary Flammond: Nick? What does that mean?
Nick Rivers: Oh, nothing. My dad thought of it while he was shaving.
lol.gif

Oh, and:
Nick Rivers: Listen to me, Hillary. I'm not the first guy who fell in love with a woman that he met at a restaurant who turned out to be the daughter of a kidnapped scientist, only to lose her to her childhood lover who she last saw on a deserted island, who then turned out fifteen years later to be the leader of the French underground.
Hillary Flammond: I know. It all sounds like some bad movie.
grin.gif

reptilescorpio said:
Truth. The dude peaked in the 80's. Thankfully the 90's had some high points with Kiss Kiss Bang Bang the only decent thing since.
That movie he was in where he played John Holmes (Hollywood or Boulevard or something?) was pretty good.

Danoss

roosters93 said:
Yeah I've heard about it and knew you could rip your CDs to it but they don't actually sell any music in that quality do they?
That's the impression I'm under.

The sad thing is, even if they did release in ALAC, no portable audio product worth buying that I know of, outside of Apple products, supports that format. It's all about FLAC, with some support of Monkeys Audio and WavPack.

I rip all my audio to FLAC for archival and listening at home. I use an Android phone for portable audio at the moment and will down-convert from FLAC to OGG for this, which is great as there is supposedly an easy path from FLAC to OGG, so an optimum conversion occurs.

pilonv1

Stackboy said:
I dont believe it. Only because most services available at the moment only offer a one time download. Data loss is a big issue.

That's probably part of the plan, make up lost value from repeat purchases

jambo

iTunes now supports multiple downloads, so that's a pretty big improvement.

I don't see CDs being phased out by the end of next year though, a shit tonne of people still buy CDs and no digital content. Genres like classical, jazz and blues would get most of their revenue from CD sales.

Echoplx

pilonv1 said:
Post on whirlpool says a guy from EB told him they would sms people about a break today.

I've heard the exact opposite, someone contacted a manager they are 'friendly' with and he was very adamant about not breaking, mainly because it would screw up all the midnight releases they organised.

I'm a bit surprised at how nuts people are going for Skyrim. I mean I expected it to be a big release but people are seriously losing their shit!

MrSerrels

BanShunsaku said:
I'm a bit surprised at how nuts people are going for Skyrim. I mean I expected it to be a big release but people are seriously losing their shit!

It's because people that love it really fucking love it.

I think it'll break today, mainly because of sheer numbers. Target will sell en masse, EB will break. They're looking for an excuse I think.

Gazunta

I plan on walking by a crowded midnight launch tonight at about 11pm with like 20 empty copies of the game and just throw them in the trash.

Then take photos of grown men rummaging through trash.

Omi said:
Speaking of The Walking Dead... this arrived the other day. Swear it weighs like 3kgs. :p

http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo196/omi1981/WalkingDead.png[IMG]

I also don't mind the series. Nothing special, but it is decent enough entertainment. :)[/QUOTE]

Picked that up in an amazon.co.uk order last year/early this year. Could break a toe dropping it it's so heavy. Was my first time getting into comics and I enjoyed it. I remember the talk of it on GFW radio back in the day and Shawn saying that he disliked the artist of the first issue but I'd have to disagree.

[QUOTE=Choc]relevent to skyrim discussions

[img]http://3dguy.tv/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/hot-to-train-your-dragon.JPG[img][/QUOTE]

Great movie. This should have gotten best animated feature and best original song imo; Toy Story 3 did nothing for me. Decent use of 3d too.

BanShunsaku said:

I think it's great for the industry that Western RPG's manage to draw a big audience, hopefully it means that they won't feel obligated to make more COD dudebro clones.

Salazar

BanShunsaku said:

I should have been playing LOTRWITN, but it got hit by that fucked-up delay. The irritation from that has been transferred into excitement for Skyrim.

MrSerrels said:
It's because people that love it really fucking love it.

Count me as one of them, and I guess Oblivion and then Fallout 3 / New Vegas have created a Bethesda following on consoles. But if you had told me back when I was playing Morrowind for the first time that the series would get as popular as it is now I would probably laugh and point at you and call you crazy.

I always thought that their games deserved to be as popular as they are, but I don't think I ever believed that they actually could.

MrSerrels

Gazunta said:
I plan on walking by a crowded midnight launch tonight at about 11pm with like 20 empty copies of the game and just throw them in the trash.

Then take photos of grown men rummaging through trash.

I will place these photos on Kotaku.

EDIT: What's this noise about Toy Story 3 being on the level of cars?! I shed so many manly tears. So many.

Danoss said:
That's just as bad. The compression applied to today's music is completely destroying dynamic range.
Oh yeah, certainly, but they're doing it primarily because that's what people use and so they make it sound good on the equipment that most consumers use. How many people with iPods actually claim the headphones are good? They're bloody everywhere.

Danoss said:
So there's a visual representation of what those MP3s have done to the musical quality.
But if you squint, the second picture actually looks better because you can't see the compression artifacts. Likewise, if you listen to music on poor equipment or at low levels, you're unlikely to hear the difference between say a 44khz FLAC and 320kbps mp3. I have a 192khz 24-bit rip of a vinyl album, and a 44khz 16-bit rip of the same vinyl, and I can't tell the different on my equipment.

Sideline: Are you shooting in RAW or JPG? You can see banding in the first photo but I assume that happened when you prepared it for the web.

Yagharek

Sutton Dagger said:
So any talk of CD-key sites will result in a ban...Reptile you better not mention Intkeys ever again :)

I understand the rationale behind it. Dont want to be seen as inadvertently supporting a black market, credit card fraud etc. Which is the right move and I support Evilore's decision.

I also move that we ban all talk of Fifa 12 and EA online systems too, seeing as they are leading to more XBox Live account theft.

teekun

BanShunsaku said:
Last week I couldn't have told you when Skyrim was coming out, but now I want to buy it as soon as it's released and I don't really know why. I've played every TES game and never gotten even halfway through the main quest of any of them.

Clipper

pilonv1 said:
Post on whirlpool says a guy from EB told him they would sms people about a break today.
Sounds like something a guy from EB would say to get rid of an annoying bastard of a customer that comes into the shop and then won't stop asking when a particular game would break...

jambo said:
Fucking Cars? Are you kidding me?!

http://i.imgur.com/fn8Y9.gif[IMG][/quote]

[quote=BanShunsaku][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/nP9ns.gif[IMG][/quote]

[quote=3chopl0x][IMG]http://i.minus.com/iPZq208up6Yxz.gif[IMG][/quote]

[quote=MrSerrels]I will place these photos on Kotaku.

EDIT: What's this noise about Toy Story 3 being on the level of cars?! I shed so many manly tears. So many.[/quote]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/LIR1E.gif

Yagharek

Danoss said:
CD format to be abandoned by the end of 2012.

I'm sorry, how the hell is this a good idea? Paying top dollar for lossy, crappy sounding music. If it's in FLAC or something, fine, but I honestly don't see that happening. Everyone seems to love the crap quality MP3 format that music is released in, which isn't even 320kbps (which is still rubbish).

/Choc

WTF?! Well, that's going to mean the end of buying music for me.

Choc

Banned
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Released Early in Australia

November 10th, 2011 at 8:41 am -
Reports are coming in that one of this year’s most anticipated games, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim has been released ahead of it’s November 11 release date in Australia.
Several Target stores around Sydney and Melbourne have confirmed to us that they are selling the game today, with many EB Games stores saying they will be selling the title from 3PM AEDST. The street date breakage is following a trend first widely seen with The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D on Nintendo 3DS and most recently Battlefield 3 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.

GET ON DAT SHIT GAZ

Gazunta

Yeah that story's flat out bullshit.

As is the Big W QV story.

Edit: Please keep the stories coming guys, we're checking them all.

Choc

Banned
Gazunta said:

Jintor we want Gaz to keep his job :)

also

apparently you could hire Pilon for a day for free today gaz. He said he would take great delight in calling stores to stop early sales lol

Echoplx

Gazunta said:

Just curious as I never looked into this much in the past, where exactly do you work? I should remember as I followed the facebook page at one point but it's slipped my mind.

Top Bottom