• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

hamchan

3chopl0x said:
Of course it's silly, was it not obvious I was just joking around? I thought the 4chan quotes and reaction pic would have given that away.

There are some real nutters on this board so it's hard to tell when someone is joking.

EDIT: Damn GAF likes to bitch. Watched the first episode of the Walking Dead season 2 and thought it was pretty decent. Read GAF thread and all of it is whining and hate.

I know your feel bro.

I've lost count the number of times I've enjoyed something and then found nothing but complaining in the OT. That goes for games, movies, shows, even music.

I've started to wonder whether the problem is with them, of if I am just too easily pleased.

Also thanks Shaneus for reminding me about Top Secret, I think I'll have to give it another rewatch this weekend.

Souvenirs, novelties, party tricks

Echoplx

To be fair the episode was pretty stupid

- The guy on lookout failed to see hundreds of zombies until they walked around the side of a bus
- Zombies magically became dinosaurs and could only detect through movement
- Sherrifdude left the girl behind when he clearly could have taken out the zombies with her around

Overall I enjoyed it though

Shaneus

Jintor said:
Brain melted.

I don't understand how I can upgrade to an entirely new machine and Lost and the Damned still runs like ass. Fuckin' Rockstar.
Try giving Saints Row 2 a crack :lol

BanShunsaku said:
Also thanks Shaneus for reminding me about Top Secret, I think I'll have to give it another rewatch this weekend.

Souvenirs, novelties, party tricks
It hasn't been released on bluray, but if you know where to look you can find a 720p TV rip of it ;)

One of my favourite, least quoted scenes:
Doctor Flamond: You see, a year ago, I was close to perfecting the first magnetic desalinization process so revolutionary, it was capable of removing the salt from over 500 million gallons of seawater a day. Do you realize what that could mean to the starving nations of the earth?
Nick Rivers: Wow. They'd have enough salt to last forever.

Shaneus said:
Try giving Saints Row 2 a crack :lol

It hasn't been released on bluray, but if you know where to look you can find a 720p TV rip of it ;)

One of my favourite, least quoted scenes:
Doctor Flamond: You see, a year ago, I was close to perfecting the first magnetic desalinization process so revolutionary, it was capable of removing the salt from over 500 million gallons of seawater a day. Do you realize what that could mean to the starving nations of the earth?
Nick Rivers: Wow. They'd have enough salt to last forever.
Sogood.gif

Nick Rivers is Val Kilmer's best work!

I know a little German.
he's sitting over there

(not one of his lines but I love it)

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
That toothbrush be loud and i hate loud things!

Did a basic clean with the sensitive head. Will try the normal head tonight.

Rimfya

Banned
I find Walking Dead to be very average; poor actors delivering basic dialogue in a super interesting setting. But the Mrs likes it so we keep watching.

hamchan said:
There are some real nutters on this board so it's hard to tell when someone is joking.

EDIT: Damn GAF likes to bitch. Watched the first episode of the Walking Dead season 2 and thought it was pretty decent. Read GAF thread and all of it is whining and hate.
Did you post that reply in the MW3/BF3 garbage thread? Feeling deja vu.

Also as per your edit GAF has indeed gotten more bitchy lately. A lot of people will jump into a thread, bitch and complain, ignore any constructive discussion that people are trying to have to remedy any concerns, continue bitching in next thread.

Jintor said:
I don't understand how I can upgrade to an entirely new machine and Lost and the Damned still runs like ass. Fuckin' Rockstar.
LOL Haven't even tried to run GTA4 since getting a new GPU a year ago just because it was so poorly optimised (wasn't all that enjoyable anyway). Picked up the Episodes on the 360 just to avoid all the bullshit that came with the PC version. Hopefully the eventual GTA5 PC version is given a bit more fucking budget this time.

commanderdeek said:
I shouldn't have watched the quicklook for mw3. I think I will go purchase it tomorrow!

Also, King of Limbs Live From the Basement on bluray? So bought!
MW3 is balls to the wall fun. Barely any downtime and is a huge step up from MW2 in terms of the campaign. Also that Basement session was fantastic, might have to grab the Bluray too.

RandomVince said:
That's what picard said when his horse got stuck in a tree playing this weeks big pre-alpha release.
I loled. Would love to see Picard in more stuff again, such a regal voice.

BanShunsaku said:
Nick Rivers is Val Kilmer's best work!
Truth. The dude peaked in the 80's. Thankfully the 90's had some high points with Kiss Kiss Bang Bang the only decent thing since.

3chopl0x said:
Yes, they weren't meant to be signed until next year, not sure wtf is happening.

I still want to keep Gaz in a job and clothe mappe and all that, but it is sitting in my cart looking at me now. Not sure what to do :/

reptilescorpio said:
Very new. Steamworks and keys aren't getting sent out until release day. Best to hold off for another 15% off coupon as the last one only expired 8 hours ago.

Yeh I just noticed the "keys will be sent on release day".

Considering I'm taking a couple of days off to play it, probably not the best way to go if I want maximum Skyrim tomorrow.

BanShunsaku said:
Hang on, so Skyrim is on GMG for $54 US. Is this new?

Damn, they said it wouldn't be up till next year and I already bought it. I have $15 credit to use so could have bought it for a great price. oh well, $48 isn't too bad, plus when are they sending out keys?

On a Skyrim related note, anyone know where I can get the collectors edition guide, without paying ridiculous prices on ebay? My Google fu is weak this morning.

Edit: Never mind, I can get it from Amazon relatively cheap!

Omikron

hamchan said:

Speaking of The Walking Dead... this arrived the other day. Swear it weighs like 3kgs. :p

WalkingDead.png

I also don't mind the series. Nothing special, but it is decent enough entertainment. :)

Omikron

BanShunsaku said:
Wowsers. That Walking Dead compendium looks even bigger than my Bone Complete Collection!

Yeah, it is fucking massive. ~1000pages or something, issues 1-48.

Keep me busy for a while, but its not exactly portable :D

markot

Banned
I told you turnbulls that you could get Skyrim for 45 bucks from that site! And I already got the link! And its all super legit!

markot

Banned
Almost immediately! I pre loaded already.

Its not a dodgy key site its just a british site that doesnt ask about your address. At least it worked for me with paypal!

Jintor

There's no way Skyrim will be only 5 gigs or so, so I guess I'll be playing it tommorrow.

Today's breakfast: half an avocado.

Danoss

CD format to be abandoned by the end of 2012.

I'm sorry, how the hell is this a good idea? Paying top dollar for lossy, crappy sounding music. If it's in FLAC or something, fine, but I honestly don't see that happening. Everyone seems to love the crap quality MP3 format that music is released in, which isn't even 320kbps (which is still rubbish).

/Choc

Choc

Banned
markot said:
I would give my left pea nut for a FORMULA 1 Manager game >_<

Who cares about soccer!?

Plus I could fire Mark Webber! Or like hire him as TEST DRIVER! Lolol!

(Actually hed be pretty expensive as test driver with all his crashing!)

Codemasters is making a web based F1 management game for release in March

commissar

Eesh.
I'm all for less mass production for digital items but.

Bandcamp style choose your format or no thanks.

It's why I don't buy off iTunes

Danoss said:
I'm sorry, how the hell is this a good idea? Paying top dollar for lossy, crappy sounding music. If it's in FLAC or something, fine, but I honestly don't see that happening.
Apple do release stuff in their lossless format -- didn't it go GPL or open source recently?

Anyway, it's moot with modern music, as it's mixed and compressed to sound good as an mp3 on car stereos.

Choc said:
Codemasters is making a web based F1 management game for release in March
Do we start calling Markot 'lefty' now or when it's released?

Danoss

codswallop said:
Anyway, it's moot with modern music, as it's mixed and compressed to sound good as an mp3 on car stereos.
That's just as bad. The compression applied to today's music is completely destroying dynamic range.

Getting an album which should be 700MB at 70MB instead is an atrocity. You remember that pic I took the other week that looked alright? Let's apply the same compression to that image so a before and after can be seen.

Before
6312998149_fb420a9f5f_o.jpg

After
528Kd.jpg

So there's a visual representation of what those MP3s have done to the musical quality. Compression of dynamic range can't cover it up. That's using a nasty trick to disguise it. The human ear believes louder music sounds better, and Death Magnetic is a prime example of why this is not a good thing to do.

jambo

I always rip to FLAC or 320 MP3. Nowadays it's mostly 320 MP3 just so it's easy to move on to iPhones and other mp3 players.

Top Bottom