• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

ClivePwned said:
Well, i loved BC2 and love BF3 but I can't see what's different about the multi in BF3 (apart from jets) that makes BF3 any more of a Battlefield game than BC or BC2. The only major difference in experience (SP aside) is that BC2 ran beautifully on my machine and the same rig can only play BF3 on low everything.

MW3 runs a hell of a lot better on the same machine. Upgrading is not happening just at the moment.

Choc, I still don't agree that breaking street dates (by a day or two) is so overly bad for the industry apart from the whole midnight launch BS but isn't that a little passe.

In the end, the very worst thing for developers is people not buying your game at all.

Street date breaks are bad for distributors perhaps. Publishers? fuck publishers.
At least people are interested in your game enough to buy it early.

Yea pretty much they have added new guns, vehicles and larger maps to be more like the BF1942 days but no real innovation either (see other post). They are marketing on Frostbite 2 and fancy graphics, which i still fking hate because they are marketing their good graphics as realism.

I am the same as you clive, i run it on low and still struggle but hey, such is the life of a pc gamer. MW3 have not improved graphics at all and basically seem to have developed for console and ported it to pc so i would expect it to run just the same as MW2 did.

But they seem to have not created a "new game" just released an update/upgrade at a cost of $100 but now even better with the CoD Elite package (for even more money grabbing) which i hear isn't even supported on PC or not properly at least.

Jintor

Because NeoGAF once led a crusade against Australians for some hacker-related reason and we were exiled from OT into Community

Choc

Banned
ClivePwned said:
Well, i loved BC2 and love BF3 but I can't see what's different about the multi in BF3 (apart from jets) that makes BF3 any more of a Battlefield game than BC or BC2. The only major difference in experience (SP aside) is that BC2 ran beautifully on my machine and the same rig can only play BF3 on low everything.

MW3 runs a hell of a lot better on the same machine. Upgrading is not happening just at the moment.

Choc, I still don't agree that breaking street dates (by a day or two) is so overly bad for the industry apart from the whole midnight launch BS but isn't that a little passe.

In the end, the very worst thing for developers is people not buying your game at all.

Street date breaks are bad for distributors perhaps. Publishers? fuck publishers.
At least people are interested in your game enough to buy it early.

I will always side with developers for a very good reason.

Todd Howard wanted 11/11

ie game developer :p

hamchan

Marshmellow said:
In all honesty, from what i have seen of the game i would be rating it somewhere under a 5 as well.

You can't copy paste a previous game and charge $100 for it.

It seems to me that what they have done is the same as if DICE took BFBC2, added in 64 player capability to MP and threw in a new campaign but left everything else the same and charged full price.

It's just not right.

ps. i just read through 3 pages of reviews and they seem pretty legit, no obvious trolls or any direct hate for the game.

That's what DICE did! They just added prone back in after they took it out, added jets and made 9 new maps. Other than that it plays pretty damn similarly to BC2 except with less destruction!

Anyways, that above paragraph above wasn't being serious if you couldn't tell (though I do think it can be called BC3). Activision seems to have given a good package in MW3. The MP in MW3 is actually pretty different from past CoDs because a lot of people are complaining about it in the OT lol. The campaign is relatively good compared to previous CoDs and wraps up the MW story nicely. There are a whole load of new spec-ops missions and that new survival mode. Then 16 new maps for the multiplayer plus new modes like Kill Confirmed.

someone should tell him that the date was 11/11/2011

also- The first level of MW3 is in
more or less the same location as much of Crysis 2's beginning and guess which one is more fun to play. I'll give you a hint- IT'S NOT CRYSIS 2.

Jintor

ClivePwned said:
someone should tell him that the date was 11/11/2011

also- The first level of MW3 is in
more or less the same location as much of Crysis 2's beginning and guess which one is more fun to play. I'll give you a hint- IT'S NOT CRYSIS 2.

Castle Clinton?

markot

Banned
I wish Nintendo made an FPS game >.< I mean, I honestly think that the greatness of Goldeneye and PD was imbued by Nintendo. (Given that everything since has sucked! And their saving of Metroid Prime)

If only they werent so Japanese!

In shore, I want a new 'Goldeneye' single player wise with tonnes of unlocks, and multiplayer wise with tonnes of fun!

Also some Pierce Brosnan, and some 'For england James? No for me! Kind of stuff!'

Also killing people while they are taking craps. How fun was that!

Yagharek

markot said:
I wish Nintendo made an FPS game >.< I mean, I honestly think that the greatness of Goldeneye and PD was imbued by Nintendo. (Given that everything since has sucked! And their saving of Metroid Prime)

If only they werent so Japanese!

In shore, I want a new 'Goldeneye' single player wise with tonnes of unlocks, and multiplayer wise with tonnes of fun!

Also some Pierce Brosnan, and some 'For england James? No for me! Kind of stuff!'

Also killing people while they are taking craps. How fun was that!

<3

I would love it if they got (dream project here) Retro to work on a brand new IP - an FPS of some sort. Personal preference would be for a sci-fi type adventure given their expertise, but anything would suffice.

They say they want to make Wii U appeal to *all* gamers. They need to attract and host big name FPS games to start with if they want to capture the core market. But they will still need to do their own I believe, to stand toe to toe against halo/killzone or whatever big name action games the other systems have.

Alternatively, HL Episode 3 exclusive would be good too.

Clipper

Rimfya said:
Another question: Why does AusGAF get the privilege of perpetual stickiness?
The real answer is that our thread in Gaming was apparently up on the first page too often, stealing room from other fully gaming related threads. When they decided to finally move us out to Community, they gave us the stickiness in compensation.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Clipper said:
The real answer is that our thread in Gaming was apparently up on the first page too often, stealing room from other fully gaming related threads. When they decided to finally move us out to Community, they gave us the stickiness in compensation.

Me and Evilore had a arm wrestling match and won, I gave him some Tim Tams in the mail too.

Omikron

RandomVince said:
<3

I would love it if they got (dream project here) Retro to work on a brand new IP - an FPS of some sort. Personal preference would be for a sci-fi type adventure given their expertise, but anything would suffice.

They say they want to make Wii U appeal to *all* gamers. They need to attract and host big name FPS games to start with if they want to capture the core market. But they will still need to do their own I believe, to stand toe to toe against halo/killzone or whatever big name action games the other systems have.

Ok, I have heard some bat shit insane things on GAF, but that, is hilarious.

Dead Man

Danoss said:
CD format to be abandoned by the end of 2012.

I'm sorry, how the hell is this a good idea? Paying top dollar for lossy, crappy sounding music. If it's in FLAC or something, fine, but I honestly don't see that happening. Everyone seems to love the crap quality MP3 format that music is released in, which isn't even 320kbps (which is still rubbish).

/Choc
Nope. Not until there is a decent online store that is not iTunes. If CD's were to go away, that would be the end of me buying music.

RandomVince said:
<3

What the hell?

midonnay

Dead Man said:
Nope. Not until there is a decent online store that is not iTunes. If CD's were to go away, that would be the end of me buying music.

they should have Redbox type stations where you hook up your media player and buy music

Cds are just a waste of space at the shops

Dead Man

midonnay said:
they should have Redbox type stations where you hook up your media player and buy music

Cds are just a waste of space at the shops
That would be awesome. They would never do it without DRM though.

Gazunta

SimpsonsWaldo.png

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Last night I have fever induced hallucinations that EviLore had bugged my teeth.

I was doing so well not getting sick too. Then both my housemates got sick, and that was the end of me.

Dead Man

Choc said:
gaz whirlpool people are giving up lol

but

http://i.imgur.com/Z3cEd.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
I thought I could wait for my import order to arrive... but I need it now!!!! The wait for it is going to be soooo long.

Choc

Banned
EBGamesAus EB Games Australia
It's official! #Skyrim is NOW RELEASED! Available in all stores! RT and spread the word. What race are you going to be 1st?
5 seconds ago

GAZ YOU BETTER FUCK THEM UP GOOD

there is zero proof anywhere someone sold early, no receipts etc. And the fact 3pm came and it happened and EB predicted 3pm

well then

Sharpen those motherfucking knives

Choc

Banned
Rez said:
Hey, who'd have thunk it. :p

the fact 3pm happened and EB said it would means this is co-ordinated

FUCKING RETAILERS HVAE NO FUCKING IDEA

it makes me so fucking angry. they have no idea they are fucking themselves over doing this.

Top Bottom