• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

legend166

What ended up happening to UC2? I sent it to Dead Man. Did he ever send it on?

My friend has that copy of RDR. I should ask for it back, haha.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, I'll happily borrow that copy of RDR if it's available.

Dead Man

legend166 said:
What ended up happening to UC2? I sent it to Dead Man. Did he ever send it on?

My friend has that copy of RDR. I should ask for it back, haha.
I posted in the thread I think but never got a response. Still sitting on my shelf. If anyone does want it, let me know.

Hey Melbourne AusGAF, I'm looking to move out of the country and closer to where I work, as I'm heartily sick of the two and a half hours a day I spend on the train.

I'd really like to be able to walk to work, like I used to when I was back in England. I reckon South Yarra would be a feasible distance (I work on Collins St), but could any of you guys recommend any other suitable locales?

Dead Man said:
At least he doesn't have the empathy of a block of stone.

Jambo's patented
1srpA.gif

Shaneus

EatChildren said:
If that graph is anything to go by, AusGAF will need to be it's own forum soon.
Sad thing is, GAF/AusGAF is 50/50 with another (Australian) gaming forum I visit. And I *still* made the top 10 or whatever.

HolyCheck said:
FFS I just realised I've had my undies on inside out and back to front all day
Turn them right way around and reverse (ie. back to normal) and wear them tomorrow. Booyah.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
markot said:
Quit smoking then!
:( I don't smoke
BaptistBlacktick said:
Hey Melbourne AusGAF, I'm looking to move out of the country and closer to where I work, as I'm heartily sick of the two and a half hours a day I spend on the train.

I'd really like to be able to walk to work, like I used to when I was back in England. I reckon South Yarra would be a feasible distance (I work on Collins St), but could any of you guys recommend any other suitable locales?
Code:

Most of us hip cats live around the Nth Melb / Fitzroy / Carlton type areas, theyre nice and walkable too!

Kerrby said:
The eyeball? Are you serious? Do you have the stomach of a bulimic penguin or something?

I wish I was a penguin.

Dead Man said:
At least he doesn't have the empathy of a block of stone.

BURN.
commanderdeek said:
Did you not pee the entire day?

MANY times.. But I didn't look! fly down, undies over away she goes!

Kerrby said:
My block of stone means you can't bother me :).

Perhaps some days you need to press Up B instead of Down B :(

Jintor

The PCPP forums used to have a gametrading thing where we'd just send games all around the country from person to person. Digital pretty much killed that off for me though.

Shaneus

Jintor said:
The PCPP forums used to have a gametrading thing where we'd just send games all around the country from person to person. Digital pretty much killed that off for me though.
Pandemic. Visceral. Krome.

How does it feel?

legend166

shanshan310 said:
Is there a reason everyone has Sydney Swans avatars? I feel like I missed something.

Since no one will explain, I will:

Last week sometime, Kerrby made a post which was he took verbatim from a post I made on another forum (BigFooty, an AFL/Sports forum). Of course I was all "lol what", so as a joke everyone started copying my avatar and everyone started copying each others posts.

If we had post history I'd go back and find it but I couldn't be bothered ;_;

Choc

Banned
Proof Australian TV owners have no fucking idea at all

RUSH which is awesome, has been axed by Ten despite rating very well

Fuckwits

Darklord

Banned
Jintor said:

Man, I haven't been to PCPP in ages. That was like my first forum I posted on back in 2003(holy shit, 8 years ago!). It seems so tiny compared to GAF.

Kerrby

Banned
Choc said:

Fuckwits

Well no, 1. Rush sucks and pushes a good show in Law and Order: SVU back an hour. 2. If Australian TV owners have no idea, why does it rate very well then?

Fusebox

Banned
Choc said:

Fuckwits

Agreed.

You are talking about the fact some people still watch Ten right?

Choc

Banned
Kerrby said:
Well no, 1. Rush sucks and pushes a good show in Law and Order: SVU back an hour. 2. If Australian TV owners have no idea, why does it rate very well then?

TV owners being fuckwit murdoch et al

not the people who watch it

and FYI Kerrby shows dealing with sexual assault of minors is not allowed to be show until 9:30pm

Dead Man

Choc said:

Fuckwits
I don't really care for 10 or Rush, but this is not the first time a tv company in Australia has axed a show for doing well, but not owning the timeslot.

Jintor

Darklord said:
Man, I haven't been to PCPP in ages. That was like my first forum I posted on back in 2003(holy shit, 8 years ago!). It seems so tiny compared to GAF.

I know, ey. 'tween this and PA...

Shaneus

Darklord said:
First forum I posted on? From memory... ZGeek, a really, really, really fucking long time ago. Really.

Jintor said:
You blaming digital for their demises?
I dunno. Seems lending games between friends/colleagues is to blame for everything these days, I was just trying to fit in :(

Yagharek

Jintor said:
I think with the Steam game trading thing you may be able to do such a thing. I don't know if you can wholesale gift games that you have without trading for something though.

Thanks for the tip, Ill check out the OT for the game again I think.

commanderdeek said:
Nah I think you need to link your psn to steam account or something, and they can't be played at the same time.

I still need to get Portal 2:/

Yes, you do.

teekun said:
It really depends on the game. Sometimes the DLC is compatible but the codes aren't, sometimes both aren't, sometimes both are. You're really best off creating a dummy UK account and using that to redeem codes. There's no harm in it at all, and any content installed on your system will work while logged into any account.

Ah yes, thanks. I forgot about that. I wonder what the odds are of Deus EX HR getting a GOTY version with all the content on the disc?

Clipper said:
Uh, but that's exactly what happened with New Super Mario Bros Wii.

Which resulted in a million dollar fine to the Aussie who was stupid enough to post his receipt online before leaking the game to 'scene guys who said they wouldn't give it to others', but it still already happened and we're still getting games.

Wasn't the fine $2-3 mil for the guy who uploaded it to a piracy site, and nothing to do with the street date break?

Clipper said:
You can play PC vs. PS3 same time with one copy of PS3 Portal 2. You just need to use a different account on the PS3 and Steam than the one you unlocked the PC game with. Like with me, I unlocked my PC copy using my own PS3 account and own Steam account, but when my friend wanted to play co-op with me, we created a new PS3 account on my PS3 for him and linked that to his Steam account so the PS3 could play online, then I played him from my own Steam account.

So it seems like my plan to gift the game has hit a snag.

shanshan310 said:
Barnaby Joyce on the carbon tax. “You believe they should have green jobs, we'll just send them back to university, they can all do Arts degrees. They can all do Arts degrees and wander back and they can pontificate about duck ponds and about windmills and they can open up wind chime factories at Nimbin”.

Barnaby Joyce is living proof that slime mould amoebas can almost simulate intelligence. Almost.

BanShunsaku said:

;_; bring back Frontline too.

Shaneus said:
Sure.
Step 1: PM me the code.

;)

I was going to if it worked. See above.

Shaneus said:
That's pretty sly. Fucking genius, actually.

A Rancher?

Who else.

trinest said:
To be fair though if Skyward Sword did break and we got sent back to the dark ages of release dates, its not that bad- Nintendo hasn't got any games lined up anyway.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK

HolyCheck said:
FFS I just realised I've had my undies on inside out and back to front all day

Were they at least worn underneath your trousers, or did you mix up that order too?

Shaneus said:
Pandemic. Visceral. Krome.

How does it feel?

If this works as suggested, can we start doing the same with bioware games from now on?

Choc said:

Fuckwits

You make it seem like you think ch10 has any plans for good programming. The best thing ten do is late night bundesliga.

Yagharek

Ive never seen a release schedule as bad/congested as this end of year has been. There has been a blockbuster release nearly every 3 days.

Choc

Banned
Vince the year Fallout 3 came out was like this

and people want new consoles :( we are in the golden age of this generation!

Omikron

Choc said:
Vince the year Fallout 3 came out was like this

and people want new consoles :( we are in the golden age of this generation!

People want new consoles because they are holding everything back in the graphics department. Or at least, that is my personal feelings. PCs are just magnitudes more powerful and consoles are in dx9 land still.

Top Bottom