• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Shaneus

What's the cheapest way for me to get Sonic Generations on PC, AusGAF? Would it be safe to say that GMG is gonna have a Thanksgiving sale?

Deeku

RandomVince said:
Uncharted 3 level design: Chapter 20: Take out
two armoured tanks with only one rpg

Fucking fail. This is the Halo 3 of the series.
There are rpgs around the various mini towers around the area.

Yagharek

reptilescorpio said:
You have grenades don't forget dude. Throw 2 under and boom. Or the Grenade launcher on the left just after the RPG. Also I thought there was another RPG on the right hand side?

Did all that and it didnt work.
Only one rpg launcher spawned, that was on the right tower. Scoured the left and nothing at all. Resorted to grenades and three did nothing. Might be that a bethesda bug slipped in.
And it failed just like all the platforming sections in earlier chapters I mentioned before.

Shaneus

Kerrby said:
Wow and I thought you were the least douchiest out of the lot. Glad you proved me wrong.
Nah, nobody thinks that. Except for Jase and maybe reptile, but Shady's script of the people reptile quotes proved otherwise :(

Fogz said:
The key from GMG expired, but you can still get a steam key from amazon for $25
Key from GMG? Aren't they just selling it as normal?

hamchan

RandomVince said:
Only one rpg launcher spawned, that was on the right tower. Scoured the left and nothing at all. Resorted to grenades and three did nothing. Might be that a bethesda bug slipped in.
And it failed just like all the platforming sections in earlier chapters I mentioned before.

There are RPGs on the left somewhere. You must have missed it.

Kerrby said:
Wow and I thought you were the least douchiest out of the lot. Glad you proved me wrong.
Hey! I ain't no douche!

RandomVince said:
Most of the buildings should have either grenades, grenade launcher or RPG's on top. Best course of action is to head left from the start as it affords better cover.

Kerrby said:
Didn't someone make a similar thread about a month ago? Some kind of thread with Australian dancing anyway.

Yagharek

reptilescorpio said:
Most of the buildings should have either grenades, grenade launcher or RPG's on top. Best course of action is to head left from the start as it affords better cover.

I tried all that, believe me. No dice. Ended up just running through and getting to the next checkpoint whilst bleeding the screen grey.

Shaneus

I've been thinking... someone needs to do a remake or sequel to Interstate '76. Kinda like a cross between HotD Overkill and... some driving game. Shit, add in Move support and make it like Lucky & Wild. And Chase H.Q. But in the '70s.

Kerrby

Banned
Dead Man said:
You are so angry, damn. That's why people say shit, because it gets a rise.

No, I have a shit day and you motherfuckers start up on here too. And I say motherfuckers in the nicest possible way.

Kerrby said:
No, I have a shit day and you motherfuckers start up on here too. And I say motherfuckers in the nicest possible way.
Chill out dude. Here, have a picture of a cute little penguin.
JqJXF.jpg

Shaneus said:
I've been thinking... someone needs to do a remake or sequel to Interstate '76. Kinda like a cross between HotD Overkill and... some driving game. Shit, add in Move support and make it like Lucky & Wild. And Chase H.Q. But in the '70s.
They tried to bring back Vigilante 8. Didn't work well.

New Twisted Metal looks great though! The addition of the SP campaign makes it a must buy for me.

Grassy

EatChildren said:
Skyrim is unequivocally a console first game. Every asset, every design, made first and foremost for consoles. Hence why I'll be waiting for a price drop/sale later on, when modders have cleaned up Bethesda's mess.

You are denying yourself an amazing game in the meantime, yeah sure there are some shitty textures but it's not even worth worrying about when the gameplay is as good as it is. The music is amazing too.

Not a single crash so far in 10 hours on PC either. Must be lucky or something.

Salazar

Grassy said:
The music is amazing too.

The snow is great. The night sky is just plain amazing.

Considering the fact that this is basically an aesthetic foundation for people to pile gorgeous stuff on, it's tremendously exciting.

Fusebox

Banned
EatChildren said:
Skyrim is unequivocally a console first game. Every asset, every design, made first and foremost for consoles. Hence why I'll be waiting for a price drop/sale later on, when modders have cleaned up Bethesda's mess.
Why not just buy it on console? The game is fucking amazing and from the 6 or so hours Ive played the PS3 version doesn't have any game breaking problems and looks terrific on a big-screen. Jump in son!

Shaneus said:
FUUUUCK.

I don't really need a new 360, but something silent AND with HDMI would be too good to pass up.

Fuck.

Does anyone know if they're the matte or gloss black consoles? My brother picked up a Kinect pack recently that's matte and it looks pretty boss.

The website has this picture:

Satellite

*squints* not sure... Matte?

Salazar

Fusebox said:
Why not just buy it on console? The game is fucking amazing and from the 6 or so hours Ive played the PS3 version doesn't have any game breaking problems and looks terrific on a big-screen. Jump in son!

When I am levelled up, I am going to come back and wreck some bandits. Toll bridge my ass.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
DeathJr said:
Well, it was a stupid thing to get banned over. I image I posted had a broken link (copy paste error). So it looked like an empty post. I was fixing it and within seconds I was banned...like a mod was stalking my every move. Was it you EATCHILDREN? :p

Wasn't me!

Grassy said:
You are denying yourself an amazing game in the meantime, yeah sure there are some shitty textures but it's not even worth worrying about when the gameplay is as good as it is. The music is amazing too.

Not a single crash so far in 10 hours on PC either. Must be lucky or something.

I'm going to buy it, I'm just not rushing out the door for it. I mentioned it awhile ago, but I moved recently, so a whole bunch of the end-of-year big games that I'd otherwise buy on or around launch had to make the cut into next year. Skyrim was one of those, because both Oblivion and Fallout 3 soured me on Bethesda's game design (yes, I know that Skyrim is apparently closer to Morrowind, but I haven't played Skyrim :p), and modders do a good job of fixing the mess Bethesda make with bugs, optimisation and graphical/interface woes. I'm happy to wait, essentially.

Battlefield 3 was the same until I received it as a gift.

EDIT: Uncharted 3 probably should have been cut into 2012 as well.

Fusebox said:

I have a high end PC. My PS3 and Wii fill the gaps for franchises I can't get on this platform. There's no real benefit for me picking the PS3 version when it looks worse and lacks mods, the latter of which is something very important to me when it comes to Elder Scrolls games.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
DeathJr said:
I believe you. Now tell me which JB hifi you work at and I will come and abuse your employee discount.

None yet. Didn't hear back today, so now I must wait for Monday. If I get the gig it will be Bourke street's.

EatChildren

DeathJr said:
TROPHIES! Slay a dragon! Turn into a vampire! Ride a mammoth!

Trophies suck and trophy whores suck even more *grimaces at DeathJr's PSN profile*

Choc said:
eatchildren it can work the flipside

Skyrim means no SR3 or AC2-3 for a while i think

I really want Saint's Row 3 but it too will have to wait. Assassin's Creed is one of those franchises I play and think to myself "god this is shit why do people like it" but then I keep playing them and I don't know why.

I'm pretty sure I just like complaining about them on the internet.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
EatChildren said:
None yet. Didn't hear back today, so now I must wait for Monday. If I get the gig it will be Bourke street's.
Software Advisor?

EatChildren

Rez said:
Software Advisor?

Christmas casual in games, so games advisor. I figure the only way I wont get it is if someone with a few extra qualifications edges me out, because the interview itself was dope, and I have the good word of the guy I'll be working under backing me. Fingers crossed as I desperately need the money.

DeathJr said:
Ain't no whore. Just damn good.

3AQmK.gif

You disgust me.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
EatChildren said:
Christmas casual in games, so games advisor. I figure the only way I wont get it is if someone with a few extra qualifications edges me out, because the interview itself was dope, and I have the good word of the guy I'll be working under backing me. Fingers crossed as I desperately need the money.

You disgust me.
Nice. We're not hiring Christmas casual for whatever reason down Chapel St, but uh, we really ought to. So. Much. Stock.

Games is great if you know what you're on about, which you do. I haven't met the Games guy at Bourke but I've heard he's good people.

EatChildren

DeathJr said:
Wait, retail requires qualifications?

Not really, but experience sure would help, and I don't really have a lot in retail. I wont be behind the registers or anything, but I could see how someone with a lot of experience in the position I'm going for might edge me out. Just gotta wait, really.

Rez said:
Nice. We're not hiring Christmas casual for whatever reason down Chapel St, but uh, we really ought to. So. Much. Stock.

Games is great if you know what you're on about, which you do. I haven't met the Games guy at Bourke but I've heard he's good people.

Apparently Bourke wasn't hiring either, for some reason, despite being arguably the busiest JB country wide. I was going for it when they were hiring, then was informed they decided they weren't...and then they were again, so here I am.

And yeah, he's good stuff. We're buds.

Jintor

17 hours of Skyrim over a 25 hour period, supposedly including sleep time. Dunno what was up with that. Anyway I have to give it up until Tuesday afternoon, so if any of you see me on Steam, yell at me until I run away crying.

Rez said:

So you work in JB? Can you tell me how come they are selling Skyrim for $63 today?

Jintor said:
17 hours of Skyrim over a 25 hour period, supposedly including sleep time. Dunno what was up with that. Anyway I have to give it up until Tuesday afternoon, so if any of you see me on Steam, yell at me until I run away crying.

I hope you found a nice little pony mount for your character.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
DeathJr said:
So you work in JB? Can you tell me how come they are selling Skyrim for $63 today?
Because we love you, consumer.

Played about 12 hours of Skyrim today, and I don't think I'm going to stop until I pass out. Game is amazing. All nighter coming up!

Also, Belethor is a lazy prick. Works about 2 hours a day. I want to sell my shit already!

Yagharek

I've cracked it with uncharted. I think eurogamers 8/10 was generous. 6 or 7 would have been fair. When its good its great. When its bad its terrible.

Tomorrow I start on Xenoblade instead.

Ydahs

RandomVince said:
I've cracked it with uncharted. I think eurogamers 8/10 was generous. 6 or 7 would have been fair. When its good its great. When its bad its terrible.

What do you feel it does bad? Controls?

And also, I should have been playing Xenoblade these past couple hours instead of browsing GAF. It's an amazing game.

EatChildren

RandomVince said:

Its a 7/10 game for me (single player). Far worse pacing than Uncharted 2 with really weak encounter design, which is annoying as they had some good ideas going on (like enemies flanking more). And as insanely gorgeous as the graphics are, especially towards the end of the game, I honestly thought some of the early stuff (
London Underground
) looked incredibly average (as in, what I expect from a modern console game, and nothing that blows me away).

Naughty Dog's Uncharted engines look ten fold better in brighter environments than it does in darker levels, in my opinion.

Top Bottom