• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

markot

Banned
I decided to re roll and made a warrior nord dude in Skyrim, cause it fits the setting, and I dont have to be tempted to steal!

Shaneus

EatChildren said:
None yet. Didn't hear back today, so now I must wait for Monday. If I get the gig it will be Bourke street's.
As in... Melbourne? Sweet! When I have nothing to do on my lunch break, my default place to go for meandering is Bourke St.

I'll just look for the most normal looking guy there who's a hybrid of Matthew Perry and David Schwimmer (which would still be normal compared to most of the freaks at JB retailers).

BananaArnie said:
kristen stewart playing snow (very) white.
HAH!
Fix'd.

Clipper

Wow, isn't it good to wake up to some amazing unexpected news? I just received my first notification that they are making Red Dwarf season X and it films in December and January... WOOOO!

I only wish I wasn't so busy around that time, as I would actually consider getting plane tickets to go over there to attend the filming. Still, the news has just made my day.

So, that's now It's a Knock-Out! and Red Dwarf, one of my favourite shows of the 80s and my favourite show of the 90s both returning in 2012... sweet!

How did you feel about the recent Red Dwarf mini, Clip?

I thought they weren't received too well. Is it the same team that was on those episodes?

Shaneus said:
Nah, nobody thinks that. Except for Jase and maybe reptile, but Shady's script of the people reptile quotes proved otherwise :(
Dawwwwwww :) I knew we understood each other.

Shaneus said:
FUUUUCK.

I don't really need a new 360, but something silent AND with HDMI would be too good to pass up.

Fuck.

Does anyone know if they're the matte or gloss black consoles? My brother picked up a Kinect pack recently that's matte and it looks pretty boss.
Tempted to pick one up to replace my Arcade unit but then that means getting a new HDD at some point. Plus I need to pick up a Kinect eventually for the little guy. Plus it would look better next to my black PS3 and black LG. But I like having money.

My son came up to me this morning and did this with his water bottle
SCyHW.jpg

Not sure whether I should think it was cute or worry that he will have a competitive drinking problem.

He also pulled down my games shelf which landed on my old computer and smashed about 5 plates that I hadn't taken out to the kitchen. There is now broken plate all around my desk. Not happy. You have to be this (4 foot) tall to enter the study now.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Tempted to pick one up to replace my Arcade unit but then that means getting a new HDD at some point. Plus I need to pick up a Kinect eventually for the little guy. Plus it would look better next to my black PS3 and black LG. But I like having money.
Yeah, same. I've just dropped a lot on the 4S and my current 360 isn't exactly broken, but it is noisy as fuck and kinda big and ugly. On the other hand, if I get a slim I wouldn't have my PGR3 faceplate in view and, in all seriousness, that's actually a big factor in me keeping it.

Planet_JASE said:
I can't even remember what I quoted, but I'll take it as a compliment ;)

reptilescorpio said:
He also pulled down my games shelf which landed on my old computer and smashed about 5 plates that I hadn't taken out to the kitchen. There is now broken plate all around my desk. Not happy. You have to be this (4 foot) tall to enter the study now.
But how are the games and the computer?

My eldest nephew did something similar to that a week or two ago when he dropped (though, from not a great height AND on a wooden floor AND while it was in a cover) my 4S. It's one of the few times that if the glass had cracked, I wouldn't have been the slightest bit upset at him. Cute little bugger :)

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Salazar said:
Veronica Mars is good.

And I've become addicted to Feynman lectures. My god, he was a titan. So much motherfucking charisma.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCz_HjBwd64&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

The above post has one amazing statement in it. Veronica Mars is SO SO good.

Shaneus said:
FUUUUCK.

I don't really need a new 360, but something silent AND with HDMI would be too good to pass up.

Fuck.

Does anyone know if they're the matte or gloss black consoles? My brother picked up a Kinect pack recently that's matte and it looks pretty boss.

FUCK.

I don't have the money to buy this. there better be cheap xbox's when I get paid it 18 days

Shaneus said:
As in... Melbourne? Sweet! When I have nothing to do on my lunch break, my default place to go for meandering is Bourke St.

I'll just look for the most normal looking guy there who's a hybrid of Matthew Perry and David Schwimmer (which would still be normal compared to most of the freaks at JB retailers).

Fix'd.

Amusing you say this. I've not spent too much time in Melbourne JB's but the main one in Adelaide is filled with the best looking people you will ever see in any retail store anyway. Are the conditions of hire not the same here?

Clipper

Planet_JASE said:
How did you feel about the recent Red Dwarf mini, Clip?

I thought they weren't received too well. Is it the same team that was on those episodes?

Yeah, Back to Earth wasn't quite up to par. It did have its moments, but it was constrained as needing to be a possible end to the show. A finale as it were. What we get now is a full six episode series, with multiple stories and a full production schedule. They're also going back to having a studio audience, which brings them more back to their traditional filming style of interaction between the characters rather than set pieces and special effects, which is what the show is about really.

I mean, one of the best scenes in the whole history of the show is two characters lying on bunk beds discussing Wilma Flintstone. This is what I'm excited to get back and everything seems to be pointing to that being the case for the new series.

Shaneus

HolyCheck said:
FUCK.

I don't have the money to buy this. there better be cheap xbox's when I get paid it 18 days
Want my slightly larger one? $20. But the PGR3 faceplate comes with it, and that's worth at LEAST $180.

HolyCheck said:
Amusing you say this. I've not spent too much time in Melbourne JB's but the main one in Adelaide is filled with the best looking people you will ever see in any retail store anyway. Are the conditions of hire not the same here?
I said "normal", not ugly. There are attractive people there, but they *are* freaks.

HolyCheck said:
Depends if you like 'alternative' looking people. In my case I think JB hire very attractive people.

HolyCheck

Shaneus said:
Want my slightly larger one? $20. But the PGR3 faceplate comes with it, and that's worth at LEAST $180.

I said "normal", not ugly. There are attractive people there, but they *are* freaks.

If it's the old style 360? I'd prefer that, as I still have my old HD and I need that for my me2 save files. Does it have HDMI out? or just hte regular plug.

Would happily pay you $200 for it if you're serious and the conditions not horribad :)

Shaneus

HolyCheck said:
If it's the old style 360? I'd prefer that, as I still have my old HD and I need that for my me2 save files. Does it have HDMI out? or just hte regular plug.

Would happily pay you $200 for it if you're serious and the conditions not horribad :)
I was only somewhat kidding and there isn't any HDMI (which is part of the reason I want to upgrade) and it is a tad noisy (though it's in a relatively enclosed space, it would likely be quieter in something more open. This is the fan, not the drive. The drive is fine.) and thinking about it, there's no way in hell I would charge you $200 for it and I would throw in the official VGA cable (which does look as good as the HDMI, no hyperbole) but if you would 100% want it (no box, but all the cables and a controller or two) it's as good as yours. I'd need to know today so I can try and grab a slim from either HN or JB though, even though you can pay me/grab it whenever :)

And yeah, not horribad. It *had* been modded in the past by the guy I got it from but after issues with Forza 4 I updated it back to the original FW (I was only ever playing originals on it anyway and it hasn't been banned) and it's still running fine. Other than that, never had an issue at all.

Would also throw in any related stuff related to the phat as well... a Kinect power adapter that leeches power off the back port rather than taking up a power point, one of the phat-specific memory cards, probably some other stuff...

HolyCheck

Shaneus said:
I was only somewhat kidding and there isn't any HDMI (which is part of the reason I want to upgrade) and it is a tad noisy (though it's in a relatively enclosed space, it would likely be quieter in something more open) and thinking about it, there's no way in hell I would charge you $200 for it and I would throw in the official VGA cable (which does look as good as the HDMI, no hyperbole) but if you would 100% want it (no box, but all the cables and a controller or two) it's as good as yours. I'd need to know today so I can try and grab a slim from either HN or JB though, even though you can pay me/grab it whenever :)

Yeh I'll def take it. I already have my component cables plugged into the TV waiting til I can buy one lol.

Will get back to you on payday at the end of the month :D

And yeah, not horribad. It *had* been modded in the past by the guy I got it from but after issues with Forza 4 I updated it back to the original FW (I was only ever playing originals on it anyway and it hasn't been banned) and it's still running fine.

Would also throw in any related stuff related to the phat as well... a Kinect power adapter that leeches power off the back port rather than taking up a power point, one of the phat-specific memory cards, probably some other stuff...

You edited!

Yeha I had mine modded too, never got banned as I only played originals. Cool, would happily take the Phat stuff if it's of no use to you, we can discuss a price later! I'm not too bothered

Echoplx

Stop being useless ausgaf and find me a place where I can buy the skyrim guide cheap

It's too early for the wikis to have any useful info

Shaneus

Awesome, done! Yes, I did edit (and I did again, ahaha).

I shall do some shopping today :)

PS. Shitloads of stock of the slim at my local HN. Squee!

Shaneus said:

You'll never find him.

reptilescorpio said:
In my case I think JB hire very attractive people.

Then Eatchildren has no chance.

Salazar

LAWYERS for the NSW teenager arrested in Bali believe that reports the family had snared a lucrative media tie-up damaged his reputation, leading prosecutors to demand yesterday he be sentenced to three months in prison for buying a small quantity of cannabis.

The request from prosecutors left the 14-year-old schoolboy, his family and legal team reeling, shattering their hopes that he would be released as soon as the trial was finished.
Instead, the boy, who was arrested on October 4 with 3.6 grams of cannabis, could spend Christmas and New Year in custody, most likely in a children's prison in northern Bali, but possibly in a cell for under-age offenders at the notorious Kerobokan penitentiary

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/wor...i-boys-case-20111111-1nbsc.html#ixzz1dTsHsb9c

You don't fucken say

Fusebox

Banned
Lol Bali, just freestylin with the sentencing. "And another month for having a red shirt on!"

3chopl0x said:
Stop being useless ausgaf and find me a place where I can buy the skyrim guide cheap

It's too early for the wikis to have any useful info
Guides ruin games like Skyrim imo, maybe for the third play through or something, but otherwise why let someone influence your role playing?

Agyar

Shaneus said:
FUUUUCK.

Fuck.

I think all the new ones going forward are matte.

Shaneus

Fusebox said:
2 movies plus the Once Upon a Time series + the Disney Diamond edition of the original. What's with the revival??
"Snow White" rhymes with "Twilight"?

Agyar said:
I think all the new ones going forward are matte.
Spot on. If not, it looks like all the 4gb models were matte anyway. My brother bought a 250gb that was matte as well and I'm pretty sure they were the only ones that were glossy in the first place.

HolyCheck

Hey Guys,

Impromptu MelbGaf meetup today at 5pm in the city :)

send me a PM if you're keen and I'll message you my mobile + details so you can join in!

edit: for food and beer!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Shaneus said:

Fix'd.

Deeku

I'm not sure what happened, but I walked out of JB with MW3 for 60 and Skyrim for 50.

I lie, I know what happened, the lady discounted the discounted prices! Yay!

Also, wtf I have to put down $30 to preorder at EB, it was $10 for the longest time.

Fusebox

Banned
commanderdeek said:
I'm not sure what happened, but I walked out of JB with MW3 for 60 and Skyrim for 50.

I lie, I know what happened, the lady discounted the discounted prices! Yay!

Also, wtf I have to put down $30 to preorder at EB, it was $10 for the longest time.
Holy shit, you got both games for just a little under the price of one of them on steam.

HolyCheck

UMMM.

anyone else listening to JJJ RIGHT NOW?

middle of a song it just cut to talk back radio about cricket (two different stations)

I'm so confused

midonnay

HolyCheck said:
UMMM.

anyone else listening to JJJ RIGHT NOW?

middle of a song it just cut to talk back radio about cricket (two different stations)

I'm so confused

trial broadcast amid looming cutbacks.....

they're going to replace JJJ with other programming

eg: Sunday Night Safran is going to become Sunday Night Jon Faine

HolyCheck

midonnay said:
trial broadcast amid looming cutbacks.....

they're going to replace JJJ with other programming

eg: Sunday Night Safran is going to become Sunday Night Jon Faine

Lmao. OK It's fixed now.. that was so confusing.. and interesting.. I wanted to hear them discuss science :(

Damn Steam is so shit. Most things I can download at 2Mbps. It has taken 3 hours to download 600mb of the SR3 creator. smh

commanderdeek said:
Isn't it only $30 for the CE pre-orders? Swapped my Skyrim to a ME3 one and she said they could only transfer to a regular one unless I came in and put down another $20. Fuck driving all the way to Waurn Ponds for that.

Shaneus

Slim GET. But it's such a nice day outside, really don't know if I can be arsed setting it up right now.
HolyCheck said:
^^^ I hate all three of you

edit: hate redacted for deek and ban
Which three? Because it depends if you count yourself or not. And I'm pretty sure you meant to exclude me, too. That's okay, you're forgiven ;)

Rez said:
"most". Given that JB makes most of its money (or at least, used to) from music, it stands to reason that most of the people there are emo tryhards. They obviously have their good staff there. Hell, I'm good mates with one of the upper (but not sure if management) guys in Geelong. And the computer folk are usually pretty switched on, too. It's just the people who work in the Mac part of the tech area (who wear their IDs/lanyards around their neck like they're backstage at some kind of concert) or some of the excessively tattood nuftys with weird hairdos either behind the registers or on the floor restocking shelves.

And damnit, food in the Aussie quirks thread has me craving this now, ARGH.
Torquay_Portello_rdax_150x479.jpg

Jintor

Giving up soft drink wasn't actually as hard as I thought. (This is because I lapse about once a month and then immediately swear it off forever again)

Just watched Lifes Too Short. Loved it. Had no idea Gervais had such a backlash going on for the last few years. Loved Idiot Abroad too. If anything I would say he has gotten better over time.

HolyCheck

reptilescorpio said:
Just watched Lifes Too Short. Loved it. Had no idea Gervais had such a backlash going on for the last few years. Loved Idiot Abroad too. If anything I would say he has gotten better over time.

Damn it! I'm still waiting

Top Bottom