• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

FallbackPants said:
God I hate you Channel 9. Why is the rugby not on? Even Go or Gem would be fine. Useless effing bastards.
Come on man! The only thing people care about tonight is whether Rachel and Ross are going to get together, not some foot ball thingy.

Jintor

Ydahs said:
Weight talk? Let's go.

I'm now the heaviest I've ever been (I think). 86kg. In comparison, this time last year I was around 80kg.

Some is muscle, but lots is fat accumulating around the thighs and belly. Thankfully it's not that recognisable.

Started Brazilian Jiu Jitsu yesterday and plan to do it for four months. Then straight into footy pre season! Hoping to be ~82kg by the start of next year.

I've dropped to 75kg or so from 80kg over three or four weeks but I think it's probably mostly water weight.

My main problem is that I really hate exercising, so the most I get is walking, which is alright but not exactly muscle-building material. Only active thingy I do really is wu chu...

Ydahs said:
And for the final time...

NeoGAF AFL Finals Tipping [ Last chance. 15 minutes! Get your tip in! ]

NeoGAF AFL Finals Preference List

OFFICIAL AFL THREAD [ Preferably post your tips/prefs there ]
Put my vote in for the Hawks this week as I am a moron. Collingwood would be my preference for the cup, would be great to see the Eagles get up too though.

Also that funny looking fella Omi might be interested in Football Manager 2012 for $34 (use the code GOALS-GOALS-GOALS).

midonnay

Jintor said:
I've dropped to 75kg or so from 80kg over three or four weeks but I think it's probably mostly water weight.

My main problem is that I really hate exercising, so the most I get is walking, which is alright but not exactly muscle-building material. Only active thingy I do really is wu chu...

take up something like skipping or kettlebell/dumbbell swings.....

15 minutes of that >>>>>>>>> 30-40 minutes walking

Ydahs

RandomVince said:
Request for all results discussion, AFL and nrl to be spoilered ITT until the Monday after. :)
Yeah, I'll keep the discussion out of here. Maybe we can get EatChildren to edit the title?

What about RWC? No spoiler love there?

Here's some Wests v Dragons chat
Ridiculous try. Benji totally dropped that but I can in theory understand how they gave it. Shit just falls that man's way. If St George lose by a try there will whinging about that try for the next decade

Holy shit, I haven't checked gaming for ages and now there is a thread about Mechwarrior news incoming. Sploosh

Jintor

midonnay said:
take up something like skipping or kettlebell/dumbbell swings.....

15 minutes of that >>>>>>>>> 30-40 minutes walking

Well, i do weights three times a week

but motivation is sucky

Deeku

BanShunsaku said:
Good god man, eat a sandwich!
I ate a roast beef focaccia today!

It's not that I don't eat or anything. According to the internet, I am an ectomorph - light build, fast metabolism or whatever.

I'm not really that concerned though, I just wish my arms weren't that bony.

commanderdeek said:
I'm too skinny:(

Don't have a scale at home but I reckon I'm around 60kg. Maybe less...
I'll trade you. Actually I'd be dead if I weighed 60kgs, so no. But I've put on heaps of weight recently. Hurt myself playing rugby which made running and walking painful and just got out of the habit of exercising. Combine that with increasingly shitty eating habits.

Dragons strike back. Decent game though, getting a bit scrappy at times though. St George look better than they have the last few times I saw them

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I'm 80kgs and have been for years, I somehow lost 15kgs or so when i started working instead of sitting on my ass playing WoW.

I'm the same as jintor, I have no motivation to workout. I get the random spurts of, fuck yea let's do this but 2 weeks later i just stop without any real reason. I seem to do that with just about everything. Find a new interest then be bored of it a few weeks later.

I'm trying to cut down on the crap so I can try and lose some extra weight, But no matter what i just hover around 80. Gotta wait till I move out, Then I will have some motivation .. haha!

Yagharek

I would have suggested just a map of Australia upside down with the neogaf logo upside down also, but that would make for unfortunate letter combinations.

Also fuck WA news. Delayed telecast of the AFL tonight so what do they do? Post the quarter time score with no warning. Fuckwits!

Always been a bit chubby, not enough for anyone other than myself to notice. Got to around 60kg when I was managing a pizza shop and going on night walks with the iPod. Once I got into my current relationship and took a cushy fulltime job, provided with proper home cooked meals I have ballooned up to 80kg without noticing. Thankfully I have a 6 foot frame to slather it across.

Zero enthusiasm for assignment due in a few days: Check
Cricket on hold with bad light: Check
Full bottle of Whiskey: Check
6 litres of chilled Vanilla Coke: Check
Full tray of Space Invader shaped ice cubes: Check
Deus Ex 3: Check
Night planned.

Jintor

I'm not too concerned about weight, as such, it's more this goddamn spare tire :T

But you know, you can't spot reduce, so may as well get fit the normal way

Ydahs

reptilescorpio said:
Oh man, cats are awesome! Might be time to bring one into the household. Might be a bit of strife with the young guy, also the first time I have had a cat since leaving the farm, but they are just so darn funny.
That's the most playful cat I've ever seen :D

trinest

reptilescorpio said:
Come on man! The only thing people care about tonight is whether Rachel and Ross are going to get together, not some foot ball thingy.
Ha.

(So true though, fuck football).

Oh and fuck Big Brother 2012.

Salazar

Darklord said:
I can't find any Space Marine games. Australia y u no like warhammer?!

I totally would but my internet is too fucked for MP.

Just going to beast through the campaign a heap of times and hope that you can solo the co-op.

evlcookie said:
I'm 80kgs and have been for years, I somehow lost 15kgs or so when i started working instead of sitting on my ass playing WoW.

I'm the same as jintor, I have no motivation to workout. I get the random spurts of, fuck yea let's do this but 2 weeks later i just stop without any real reason. I seem to do that with just about everything. Find a new interest then be bored of it a few weeks later.

I'm trying to cut down on the crap so I can try and lose some extra weight, But no matter what i just hover around 80. Gotta wait till I move out, Then I will have some motivation .. haha!

How tall are you? I'm about 6 foot and i weigh about 80KG's and i consider that to be pretty ideal. I do have a pretty solid build from playing rugby though.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
AdventureRacing said:
How tall are you? I'm about 6 foot and i weigh about 80KG's and i consider that to be pretty ideal. I do have a pretty solid build from playing rugby though.

5'7!

I'm short and stocky i guess. Most of my fat seems to be around the stomach and legs, although there should be some muscle hiding in those legs somewhere, Since i was as pro sprinter ... in primary school D:

I would have to guess 70 is my ideal weight, give or take a few kgs.

Gazunta

VOOK said:
After the events of today, I have to ask. How does one monitise their website?
I use a combination of Google Adwords, Project Wonderful, and selling print and electronic repackages of existing content.

I'm not quitting my day job

Gazunta

Axiom said:
What the fuck is a transparent o-ring supposed to be?
I actually had to learn this today for work :)

An O-Ring is a (usually cardboard) cover for DVDs that contain 2 or more DVDs in it. It doesn't have a bottom or top so if you viewed it from above it kinda looks like an O.

THE MORE YOU KNOW

Gazunta said:
I actually had to learn this today for work :)

An O-Ring is a (usually cardboard) cover for DVDs that contain 2 or more DVDs in it. It doesn't have a bottom or top so if you viewed it from above it kinda looks like an O.

THE MORE YOU KNOW
I knew what an O-Ring was but I still have no idea as to why there's one included with that game. I cannot think of one. At all.

Or are they really just telling you that there is a proper disc separator? No, that can't be it. Really? Dang.

Dead Man said:
Yo!

Shaneus

RandomVince said:
Big night tonight hey :)
Night at sister's for the footy. Thankfully we won... contrarily, no fish and chips. Tacos were orright though.

Oh, and to "weigh in" on all dat talk, currently sitting on around 74kg at 6'2". Used to be way bigger (around 85 at the start of the year, even bigger a bit before that at around 90) but have started eating less and eating far better. Still a fair whack of chub in places, but with clothes on I do look somewhat normal.

So, Big Brother... fuuucking hell. Channel 9 has really gone up the shitter in the last few years. Thank fuck I barely watch FTA anymore.

Oh, got Deathsmiles delivered today. Three new 360 games this week, all distinctly different from my usual catalog. Party Animals, de Blob 2 and Deathsmiles shall get some serious loving this weekend, fo sho.

Ydahs

It's my birthday! The big two-oh :D

Don't really celebrate birthdays, but the Saints winning tonight will be a pretty decent present.

inb4 grimreaper&skullthingy

Cohsae

Ydahs said:
It's my birthday! The big two-oh :D

Don't really celebrate birthdays, but the Saints winning tonight will be a pretty decent present.

inb4 grimreaper&skullthingy
It's my birthday as well! Hi5 birthday brother. The big two-four for me.

Bernbaum

Happy Birthday Shady.

-

I didn't think I'd have the time to play Space Marine but THQ sent me a press copy and I couldn't not play it. It's great.

Top Bottom