• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

midonnay

happy birthday ^^

hope they take care of the swans.... damn they're a pesky team to play

off to the footy soon

*looks at the sky*

so far so good.... don't fuck it up Melbourne -_-

they said on SEN that Reid may have a 2cm tear in his hammy :O

edit: of the Ben variety just in case legend has a heart attack...

snoopen

happy birthday to all!

pc ausgaf...... is a gtx570 good? by good i mean worth the difference between the 560 and 580? the cpu/mobo will be easy enough to figure out, but i'm not sure about the graphics card. i have a 24" running at 1920x1200 and a 26" tv hooked up at 1280x720.

i can pick up another 24" or 27" monitor cheap enough to replace the tv.. would a gtx570 be a good choice?

snoopen said:
happy birthday to all!

pc ausgaf...... is a gtx570 good? by good i mean worth the difference between the 560 and 580? the cpu/mobo will be easy enough to figure out, but i'm not sure about the graphics card. i have a 24" running at 1920x1200 and a 26" tv hooked up at 1280x720.

i can pick up another 24" or 27" monitor cheap enough to replace the tv.. would a gtx570 be a good choice?
Jump in the PCGAF thread as they are really helpful. I recall the 560Ti being mentioned as the best card for that area.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The difference is that its more powerful than the GTX560, but less powerful than the GTX570 ;).

I have a factory OC'd GTX570 and its a wonderful card.

Dead Man

Ydahs said:
It's my birthday! The big two-oh :D

Don't really celebrate birthdays, but the Saints winning tonight will be a pretty decent present.

inb4 grimreaper&skullthingy
I always thought you were older. I turned 35 yesterday. Woooo. :/

Cohsae said:
It's my birthday as well! Hi5 birthday brother. The big two-four for me.
Happy birthday to both of you!

Ydahs

Thank you all :)

Dead Man said:
I always thought you were older. I turned 35 yesterday. Woooo. :/
Jintor said:
Holy shit Shady you're only 20? You're younger than me you bastard! Younger. Than. Me.
Hey, 20 ain't young! I wonder what's the average age of AusGAF.

Cohsae said:
It's my birthday as well! Hi5 birthday brother. The big two-four for me.
Awesome. Happy birthday :D

Just installed the homebrew channel on the Wii. Might give Dolphin a shot and see what else I can do with this thing.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The average age of AusGAF is like 60. Lots of grandpas.

Also, happy birthday.

Shaneus

commanderdeek said:
Oh man, that really was godly!

:(
I know, right? I was impressed with how many video game references they could squeeze into that middle bit. I remember Space Invaders, Tempest, Dig Dug and obviously most adventure games, but I'm sure there was a shitload more. Almost better than the VG Anthology of Interest ep.

Any AusGAFfers been playing Dead Island? Would be interested in your thoughts, I personally think it's amazing. If anyone has Monday off and wants to play some co-op, hit me up.

Shaneus said:
Almost better than the VG Anthology of Interest ep.

I dunno. I think the AoI bit used its references better ("Monkeys aren't donkeys, quit messing with my head!" is a classic) and was just generally more interesting.

I think the middle segment was actually my least favourite of yesterday's ep, though they were all good.

Happy birthday guys, you're lucky it's on the weekend. Get wasted!

EDIT:

Was up all night fixing my darn laptop. Finally it's done, recovered all my data and now going to install a fresh copy of win7.

Also, can anyone spare an ozgameshop coupon? Cheers.

RandomVince said:
Looks like Shaun Marsh is the real deal.
Indeed. Fantastic batting by both him and Hussey. Hopefully Marsh can continue the form for the rest of series and stamp a place for himself in the Test team.

Also we should declare and bowl them out sooner rather than later with the crappy weather over there.

Echoplx

Playing some Minecraft 1.8, pretty awesome :D

If you guys want, I can put up a temp server for us. Not sure how buggy it will be though.

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff Should have declared when Marsh went out! If this ends in a draw I am going to be slightly annoyed for a day or two and then completely forget about it.

Ydahs

Great. So the day I install the homebrew channel on the Wii is the day I receive a notification to update.

Will there be any issues in updating?

So I've gotten addicted to Alphabounce (DSiware). Why didn't anyone tell me that this game existed?

It's waaaaaay better than Shantae and up there with Pictobits and Cave Story for the best downloadable game I've played so far on the service.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
3chopl0x said:
Creative mode in SMP is soooooooo good, TNT everywhere :p

I think kritz, x3n, frawd and rahk have their own little server going. I'm sure they are about the only ones who still play MC.

Echoplx

evlcookie said:
I think kritz, x3n, frawd and rahk have their own little server going. I'm sure they are about the only ones who still play MC.

Oh really? Well that's a shame. Still if anyone wants to jump on feel free.

Shaneus

DeathJr said:
Damn, he must have said fuck and cunt a hundred times. I hate these kind of people, who can never make a decent argument and just keep on repeating the same line over and over again.
Yup. Wasn't even prepared to think that he didn't see something correctly or he might've been in the wrong. Even if someone did cut you off then gave you the finger, how hard is it to just blow it off?

I'm guessing he was on something. Probably speed, given his high-vis top and he looks like he could be a truck driver.

Deeku

I would have totally sat in the car, locked the door and called the police. There's no way I could take that sort of verbal abuse from someone.

Shaneus

Ugh. Trying to buy something on GMG after signing up on a referral and it's saying that it can't currently accept Paypal. Any ideas, AusGAF?

And if I don't buy something right away after signing up, do I still get the referral bucks if I get it later on?

Shaneus said:
Ugh. Trying to buy something on GMG after signing up on a referral and it's saying that it can't currently accept Paypal. Any ideas, AusGAF?

And if I don't buy something right away after signing up, do I still get the referral bucks if I get it later on?
You get the referral when ever you spend the cash. No need to do it straight away as you are already listed on my referral page.
It should accept Paypal? Has your email/bank account been verified by Paypal?

Fogz

Sutton Dagger said:
Any AusGAFfers been playing Dead Island? Would be interested in your thoughts, I personally think it's amazing. If anyone has Monday off and wants to play some co-op, hit me up.

Yeah I am really enjoying it. Would really like to jump into co op but will still be in Newcastle on Monday.

Top Bottom