• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Yagharek

Le fuck

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-09-13/nuclear-reactor-built-on-active-fault-line/2897638

edit:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14883521

France nuclear: Marcoule site explosion kills one

One person was seriously injured in the explosion, reportedly suffering from burns

There was no risk of a radioactive leak after the blast, caused by a fire near a furnace in the Centraco radioactive waste storage site, said officials.

The owner of the southern French plant, national electricity provider EDF, said it had been "an industrial accident, not a nuclear accident".

The cause of the blast was not yet known, said the company.

The explosion hit the area at 11:45 local time (09:45 GMT). A security cordon was set up as a precaution.

But interior ministry spokesman Pierre-Henry Brandet later said there had been no leak of radiation, neither inside nor outside the plant.

None of the injured workers was contaminated by radiation, said officials. The worker who died was killed by the blast and not by exposure to nuclear material.

legend166 said:
I take it everyone's seen the Tom Scully Adele parody now?

If not, watch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFGGD_d9GnQ

Best parody on youtube I've seen come out of Australia.
Oh afl -_-

Still pretty good. Blackfish jibes never get old.

RandomVince said:
Damn, 3DS keeps getting better and better. So many games I want for it :eek:

And on a more sombre note, this is the 2004 Tsunami footage I was referring to on Sunday night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuUygn7BZis

It's just a horrible image, so tragic. Just seeing one person killed and dwarfed by the scale of the wave. This to me is as defining an image as any that comes to mind. Tianamen Square tank protestor, 9/11 imagery, the Vietnam War napalm burns victim image, Hiroshima post a-bomb.

Words cannot describe how sad all that destruction is.

:(

Cohsae

Shaneus said:
In an amazing combination of things mentioned on this page that is sure to make the universe explode, I give you Weird Al - The Saga Begins. The dude is a genius.
Supposedly he wrote this song (and had the plot 100% correct) like, well in advance of the film's actual release. I might be wrong but I swear that I've read that he did it all by piecing together trailers and random leaks of info?
Also his best tracks are totally Eat It and Fat.
Also if you ever get the chance to see him live, go. Saw him on his first ever Australian tour in Newcastle, puts on an absolutely fantastic show. Just a great entertainer.

Shaneus

Cohsae said:
Supposedly he wrote this song (and had the plot 100% correct) like, well in advance of the film's actual release. I might be wrong but I swear that I've read that he did it all by piecing together trailers and random leaks of info?
Yerp. Can't remember exactly where I heard that but that's pretty much the skinny of it, yeah.

KMart is having a midnight launch at their 24 hour stores for Gears 3, selling for $69 which is a damn good local price. Hopefully EBGames price matches and has a trade-in deal. 10% discount for buying from EBGames plus 15% extra trade in with EDGE card should make for a nice little profit like when Black Ops came out.

Shaneus

I bought the first one fairly promptly, never got through more than (what felt like) maybe a third of it. I'm a bit shit like that.

Shaneus said:
I bought the first one fairly promptly, never got through more than (what felt like) maybe a third of it. I'm a bit shit like that.
First one came out when I didn't have many games on the 360, aside from Amped 3 and Oblivion. Really enjoyed showing off the HD visuals on a big plasma with a mate alongside for co-op. Cut to the release of Gears 2 and it just didn't feel the same. Was bored from the get go and it just seemed like more of the same for us. Can't remember the game but something came out in the same period that just blew it away and made the Gears 2 playthrough just a process of playing it in order to finish it so I didn't feel stupid for paying full price.

New Horde mode looks awesome though!

reptilescorpio said:
First one came out when I didn't have many games on the 360, aside from Amped 3 and Oblivion. Really enjoyed showing off the HD visuals on a big plasma with a mate alongside for co-op. Cut to the release of Gears 2 and it just didn't feel the same. Was bored from the get go and it just seemed like more of the same for us. Can't remember the game but something came out in the same period that just blew it away and made the Gears 2 playthrough just a process of playing it in order to finish it so I didn't feel stupid for paying full price.

New Horde mode looks awesome though!
Horde mode made Gears 2 for me. The single player was alright, I've never had the hate on for it that GAF developed. But Horde was fantastic. I'm really keen for Horde 2. The tower defence additions look pimp.
Also Beast mode looks sweet. I don't really even care about the campaign or the standard multiplayer.

Shaneus

Jintor said:
Heh, I still remember all the words to Saga Begins by heart
They're the words that spring to mind (that I sometimes sing along to) when I hear the original *anywhere*.
reptilescorpio said:
First one came out when I didn't have many games on the 360, aside from Amped 3 and Oblivion.
A few years after I got my 360 I finally had enough of people telling me how good Amped 3 was and it was a bitch to try and track down. Glad I did... one of the most original games I've played and damn funny, too. Fun fact: Indie Built used to be known as Access Software, the legends behind the Tex Murphy series (<3 Mean Streets) and World Class Leaderboard/Links.
Jintor said:
Vanquish is fuckawesome. Not that I expected anything less from Platinum, of course.
Did you only just get it? Isn't it amazing?!? More games should be like that... 7-8 hours long with as much fluid gameplay packed into that time as possible, with replayability up the wazoo.

Jintor

Shaneus said:
They're the words that spring to mind (that I sometimes sing along to) when I hear the original *anywhere*.

I heard that Don McClean actually sometimes finds himself singing the lyrics when performing by accident. :p

Can't source it though. Pretty sure I read it somewhere though...

Deeku

Just went to check for mail and HOLY CRAP it's full of crap!!

5 books from bookdepository, and 2 satchels of games and cds from playasia:D

I'm looking forward to Gears 3 as my next purchase. I prefer Gears 2 to the original, though.

what's out between Gears 3 and Battlefield 3?

Box of Bunnies said:
That's okay. I mean, some people just like vanilla ice cream.
In all seriousness vanilla is the best flavour ice cream. I am not making a statement about vanquish v gears, but rather about ice cream. Of which vanilla is the best variety.

Deeku

Jintor said:
What'd you get from depository buddy?
Three of them are Foundation books. Been meaning to read them for ages but I only remembered to buy them when they were mentioned here a few weeks ago.

Other books are Murakami's Norwegian Wood (the only Murakami book I haven't read for some reason) and a random book called How Proust Can Change Your Life.

Straw.......berry?

The thing about vanilla is that its delicious and versatile. Not only does vanilla taste awesome by itself, but it goes with things too. I don't want strawberry or chocolate with cheesecake or pavlova or something similarly diabetes inducing.

Salazar

commanderdeek said:
Other books are Murakami's Norwegian Wood (the only Murakami book I haven't read for some reason) and a random book called How Proust Can Change Your Life.

Read Kenzaburo Oe's Rouse Up O Young Men of the New Age.

Or Natsume Soseki's I Am A Cat. I don't even like cats much, and it's one of my favourite novels.

Jintor

FallbackPants said:
Straw.......berry?

The thing about vanilla is that its delicious and versatile. Not only does vanilla taste awesome by itself, but it goes with things too. I don't want strawberry or chocolate with cheesecake or pavlova or something similarly diabetes inducing.

What you mean to say is that it tastes of bland blandness that is easily overpowered by lesser desserts!

commanderdeek said:
Three of them are Foundation books. Been meaning to read them for ages but I only remembered to buy them when they were mentioned here a few weeks ago.

Hmmm... sounds like something I should Kindle up

The only physical books I'd be getting these days are discworld. My shelf is way too full.

Deeku

Salazar said:
Read Kenzaburo Oe's Rouse Up O Young Men of the New Age.

Or Natsume Soseki's I Am A Cat. I don't even like cats much, and it's one of my favourite novels.
They look pretty good, will check them out!

Heh, funny thing is, I don't really like cats either, but my first Murakami book was Kafka on the Shore and I only bought it because the cat on the cover looked cool.

Thanks to the AusGAFfers in Steamchat for the computer advice. Now I'm just waiting for the 360 wireless controller receiver to arrive and then I'll be Master Race + comfy couch. ;)

Deeku

Ice-cream flavours huh? Good quality green tea ice cream is pretty damn good.

Macadamia ice cream is pretty good too with tarts and stuff.

Jintor said:
Why is Human Revolution's soundtrack in Wav format

nooooooooooo
The AE came with a sampler. The usual place has threads where the music has been ripped and converted to mp3 format too. Soooo damn good. Not much longer left for me. How long until Deus Ex 4? :(

balls.

Boyfriend bought me dead island. Only, my computer turns itself off after about 15 minutes of being in game, so effectively I can't play. :(

Choc

Banned
Shaneus said:
In an amazing combination of things mentioned on this page that is sure to make the universe explode, I give you Weird Al - The Saga Begins. The dude is a genius.

the only good thing that came out of the 3 last pieces of shit. By the way its true he managed to fluke the entire story before it came out

Choc

Banned
Melbourne Storm captain Cameron Smith has predicted NRL boss David Gallop will receive an even more hostile reception from the club's fans in the future after comparing their passion to terrorists.
Gallop made the comparison during a radio interview yesterday, the day after he was abused by the crowd during the presentation of the minor premiership trophy at AAMI Park in Melbourne.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-leag...meron-smith-20110913-1k73l.html#ixzz1XqAhaOkf

More proof that storm players/fans are fucking wankers and the storm should be out of the NRL.

If you can't handle YOU CHEATED and boo the guy who took the premerships off you, then piss off back to AFL.

Top Bottom