• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

markot

Banned
viciouskillersquirrel said:
Already watched all of West Wing, True Blood and Spartacus. Couldn't get Mrs Squirrel into Breaking Bad or The IT Crowd, which is a shame, because her enjoying it too is kind of a pre-requisite (though I did watch Spartacus by myself).

Thanks for the suggestions, guys.
Divorce!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
We were talking about the douche character, Yea that guy whose name i forgot. He hasn't changed much at all during it and i believed that's who squirrel was talking about that he couldn't stand.

The rest have slightly changed but barely.

I don't think communities goal is for the characters to change all that much. There's a very basic overarching story between episodes and seasons but for the most part each episode is it's own bubble of bullshit.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
This man has great taste. Also Archer.
Ergo, so do you. I really need to get back into Curb, though. I haven't seen any episodes where Larry and his wife have split (they did that, didn't they) so I think maybe season 3? 4? I dunno. It's consistently good through all the seasons, yes?

HolyCheck said:
Don't give up on one of the greatest commedies of our generation
Hmmmm... What years do you consider to be 'this generation'?

Kritz said:
yo we have like, thirty of the fuckers.
For one intersection? No wonder the driver was confused.

Probably didn't expect another car on the road, either.

Shaneus said:
Ergo, so do you. I really need to get back into Curb, though. I haven't seen any episodes where Larry and his wife have split (they did that, didn't they) so I think maybe season 3? 4?
It might even be season 5.

Aon said:
For those RPSers out there who might skip over some articles, I am formally alerting you to the funniest one of the last half year :D

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/09/09/the-flare-path-your-display-is-pepper/#more-73168

The first two games are boring actual writing. The last one though...

Godamn :D
I hope this is an example to everyone why you need to read every single article posted by RPS regardless of how little you care about the subject material. They always put a smile on my face even when I don't give two shits about the games they are discussing. One of the few news outlets that don't leave me depressed after reading. The Onion used to be great for that too.

Aon said:
Eagerly anticipating!

I shall make a bug database!

(I might have applied for a QA job at Firemint for some reason) [because they were advertising]

Haha, we have a tracker we might let you guys use later on down the track when we have an actual alpha build to place bugs into.

Ydahs said:
Is this that game I commented on a couple weeks back?

I'm up for giving it another shot.

Yes, we've changed the direction of the game to be much closer to its original pitch, a more vertical side-scrolling shooter. The previous build you guys played had it be more of a traditional platformer where you go up three floors, then boss battle, then next level.

With this new direction, we're moving towards it being very vertical. Each level is of varying width, but similar height. This (http://i.imgur.com/UTl9J.gif) is similar to what we're looking at.

Anyway, this new build will hopefully be read for you later today.

Aon

reptilescorpio said:
I hope this is an example to everyone why you need to read every single article posted by RPS regardless of how little you care about the subject material. They always put a smile on my face even when I don't give two shits about the games they are discussing. One of the few news outlets that don't leave me depressed after reading. The Onion used to be great for that too.

I often kind of ski over stuff not done by the core guys. But that's clearly a mistake xD

Cohsae

Oh my god the uni updated their Endnote licence from version X2 to X4!
This means it doesn't cause insane slowdown on 64-bit operating systems making Microsoft Word completely unusable!
This means I don't have to use Open Office Writer ever ever ever ever ever ever again!

It's disturbing how happy this makes me.

evlcookie said:
Oh god, Driving lesson booked for saturday arvo. Keep off the roads!
Hope everyone is at the footy so the roads are clear for you!

BanShunsaku said:
I kid, I kid.
I grew up 30km from the nearest town, which didn't have any traffic lights.
I swear I'm only slightly inbred.
Closest set of lights was 150km away in Mildura. Pretty much everything was 150km away. :(

markot

Banned
evlcookie said:
sp_0710_04_v6.jpg

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Played the beta of RO2, It was shit. It also now crashes without fail, shit.

Looks like an actual driving test won't happen until mid october if i booked it today. Earliest is the 5th of oct for some reason and tests can only be done on weekdays.

My Ls run out early december. I think i might be fucked.

hamchan

Monster Hunter 4 is a pretty big bomb indeed. I wonder if Nintendo money hatted the game or Capcom is just seeing the logic of making the game multi platform.

Personally Fire Emblem 3DS is a bigger announcement for me (though Nintendo might not localize it)

elfinke

Aside from MH4, this entire stream has not interested me in the slightest (not a reflection on quality, just my tastes, or lack thereof :D). Even then, MH doesn't rate on my gaming radar.

Just to counterr cookie, I fucking loved RO2, despite finding it tough to get into servers that are high player count and <200 ping. I've been playing a bit on [JP] servers and the SA server though. Love it, with my enjoyment dipping only when I see rogame.exe has crashed for the umpteenth time lol.

Blasting hapless fools with a KAR98 never ever gets old.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
hamchan said:
Monster Hunter 4 is a pretty big bomb indeed. I wonder if Nintendo money hatted the game or Capcom is just seeing the logic of making the game multi platform.

Personally Fire Emblem 3DS is a bigger announcement for me (though Nintendo might not localize it)

I've never heard of this monster hunter fad before ;_; I always just assumed it was some pokemon clone associated with that cartoon a few years ago?

Bernbaum

GAF can be a bit shitarse at times but nothing entertains quite like a good old megaton and the ensuing 50 posts per minute that soon follows.

hamchan

HolyCheck said:
I've never heard of this monster hunter fad before ;_; I always just assumed it was some pokemon clone associated with that cartoon a few years ago?
No catching and treating your monsters with care in this series, no sir. Instead you get some big ass weapons and kill these damn monsters, carve them up for parts and build more big ass weapons to kill more monsters.

evlcookie said:

Good luck mate.

3chopl0x said:
So who's ready for RO2? pre-loading it now :D

Oh god yes, will be pre-loading when i get home. no idea how phsyced i am for this game.
I have removed myself from the BF3 bandwagon, 10 of my mates are all still excited for it but while they are all playing that i shall be enjoying my realistic, skill based, rewarding shooter not filled with bullcrap and children. Are we doing AusGAF game friday for this?

Jintor said:
Nintendo killed it this conference, though the lack of official word on the dualstick is kind of odd,
Could I grab a non-biased rundown of what came out at the conference? MH4 is cool and all but I really don't have any interest in it.

legend166

Nothing would be more hilarious than if Famitsu got it wrong and the cradle stick never existed in the first place.

I know that's not actually true, but it would be great.

elfinke

reptilescorpio said:
Could I grab a non-biased rundown of what came out at the conference? MH4 is cool and all but I really don't have any interest in it.

I'm sure others are on it, but a quick glance of the new topics that have popped up on gaming side give an indication of what happened.

Fire Emblem
Final Fantasy Theatrhythm (looked kinda cool, highlight of announcements for me).
MH3(G?) for 3DS
MH4 in works
Some SKyward Sword stuff I think
Some 'Bravely Default' game
Love Plus

I'm sure I missed heaps.

markot

Banned
legend166 said:
Nothing would be more hilarious than if Famitsu got it wrong and the cradle stick never existed in the first place.

I know that's not actually true, but it would be great.
Well, Nintendo never did confirm it >.<

elfinke

Oh and some Kid Icarus footage. The GFX are 'impressive', but I'm not sure who is being serious and who is trolling in Nintendo threads these days, hence the quote marks.

I thought it looked good, kinda like a Sin and Punishment sequel.

Jintor

viciouskillersquirrel said:
No it isn't - it's a peripheral that'll get bundled in with a single third party game. It'll be up to Capcom to say more about it.

It's a peripheral being developed for a Nintendo platform that people outside of Japan were totally confused about. Today was a good time for Nintendo to clarify the intent behind it. Still, it's not really important in the long run.

markot

Banned
Jintor said:
It's a peripheral being developed for a Nintendo platform that people outside of Japan were totally confused about. Today was a good time for Nintendo to clarify the intent behind it. Still, it's not really important in the long run.
If it even exists!!!!!!

Jintor said:
Eh, it was announced in Famitsu. As far as they're concerned, nobody outside of Japan knows about it (remember what I said about Nintendo still being run like a toy company from the 80s?).

Top Bottom