• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Shaneus said:
I bought the first one fairly promptly, never got through more than (what felt like) maybe a third of it. I'm a bit shit like that.
Maybe one day I'll finish the first one. Maybe. I got Gears 1&2 for under $20 combined, so I sort of feel like I should rush through the first just so I can get to the supposedly superior sequel.

commanderdeek said:
I didn't know there were that many mods. I've only recognise half of them.
True. I don't spend that much time on NeoGAF outside of AusGAF, anymore. I'll sometimes check out the first page of Gaming to see what's working the maniacs up and don't really read much of Offtopic. Most of these mods are unknown to me, so I'm not sure if its because I haven't seen them or because they're not very active.

commanderdeek said:
Three of them are Foundation books. Been meaning to read them for ages but I only remembered to buy them when they were mentioned here a few weeks ago.
As much as I like the Foundation books (and from what I remember the series was one of diminishing returns) it cemented my stance that Asimov was an Ideas Guy, not a Character Guy. The concepts of his books are excellent, the character development and dialog? Uh, mot so much.

I haven't read EveryAsimov so if there is a story that people think displays Asimov's ability to create and script a fully realized and believable person just met me know.

FallbackPants said:
In all seriousness vanilla is the best flavour ice cream. I am not making a statement about vanquish v gears, but rather about ice cream. Of which vanilla is the best variety.
Mint Choc Chip, bitches.

Jintor said:
Why is Human Revolution's soundtrack in Wav format

nooooooooooo
Wow, really? I guess that will satisfy the "My Ears Cannot Be Subjected To Anything Less Than Fully Lossless Audio, Pions" crowd but, fark... How big is the download?

Choc said:
Melbourne Storm captain Cameron Smith has predicted NRL boss David Gallop will receive an even more hostile reception from the club's fans in the future after comparing their passion to terrorists.
Gallop made the comparison during a radio interview yesterday, the day after he was abused by the crowd during the presentation of the minor premiership trophy at AAMI Park in Melbourne.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-leag...meron-smith-20110913-1k73l.html#ixzz1XqAhaOkf

More proof that storm players/fans are fucking wankers and the storm should be out of the NRL.

If you can't handle YOU CHEATED and boo the guy who took the premerships off you, then piss off back to AFL.
The head of the NRL called a bunch of fans terrorists? Gee, that's a nice way to treat the people who keep you in your ten thousand dollar suits. And they wonder why they are dying a slow death while the AFL is brining in billions. Smh

midonnay

geez, Carlton's making it easy for us....

no gibbs, kruezer, waite and players like Jamison half done... It'll be embarrassing if we don't smash them.

edit: I half listened to that david gallop interview.... wasn't that bad.... just a clumsy indirect reference.

Choc

Banned
reptilescorpio said:
The head of the NRL called a bunch of fans terrorists? Gee, that's a nice way to treat the people who keep you in your ten thousand dollar suits. And they wonder why they are dying a slow death while the AFL is brining in billions. Smh

yes that wasn't great i admit, but Melbourne fans need to get the fuck over it and realised the cheating they did was beyond ridiculous and they could never keep the premierships.

Omikron

Choc said:
yes that wasn't great i admit, but Melbourne fans need to get the fuck over it and realised the cheating they did was beyond ridiculous and they could never keep the premierships.

Wasn't great?

The guy said it was entirely appropriate because it was topical.

Gallop is a tool. End of discussion.

ok- since people wanted to compared ice cream flavours rather than answer.

The correct answer is anything from Gelatissimo.

Both Rage and Batman AC come out between Gears and BF3.

I have western tastes in gaming these days and apart from Mario Platformers, Zelda and Metal Gear, don't really touch Japanese games much any more. Plus I like shooters and action games, hence my line up of Gears, Rage, Batman, BF3, Uncharted, MW3, Zelda SS and AC:R as my shopping list for the rest of the year. Maybe some Skyrim when it's cheap

And Gunstringer too, I like the look of that.

Gazunta

Thanks to a myriad of things going wrong / being unresolved at the same time I now lo longer have a table at Supanova Brisbane.

I'm hoping some kind soul will let me use a bit of theirs :/ Agh. I'm stupid. I should have been on top of this. Oh crap I need to get books printed. AGH CRAP.

Anyway, most people think Vanilla is a lack of flavour, but that's vanilla done wrong. Vanilla done right is heaven.

BTW, BOOOOOOO to any place that doesn't serve vanilla milkshakes in that ice cold metal cup. Nomnomnom.

Damnit Clive I was just about to post that Rage comes out between Gears and BF3 :)

Bernbaum

ClivePwned said:

Try Massimo's at the bottom of Hastings Street in Noosa Heads then get back to us.

The only correct answer to this gelato discussion is Bar Italia in Leichhardt.

Their gelato is so good they can get away with refusing to make coffee with anything other than full cream milk!

BanShunsaku said:
Their gelato is so good they can get away with refusing to make coffee with anything other than full cream milk!
They all should. Yeah, that's right, my preferences override the needs of others.

Yep, even though how someone else has their coffee doesn't impact me in any way.

That's just how important I am.

reptilescorpio said:

The NRL is more popular than it ever was. In spite of itself it seems. Well in spite of Gallop and Todd Carney.
The game is pretty great at the moment. There are fantastic defensive teams like the Dragons and teams with ridiculous attacking skills like the Tigers. State of Origin is stupidly popular even though it's been won by the same team for six years.

ClivePwned said:

I have western tastes in gaming these days and apart from Mario Platformers, Zelda and Metal Gear, don't really touch Japanese games much any more. Plus I like shooters and action games, hence my line up of Gears, Rage, Batman, BF3, Uncharted, MW3, Zelda SS and AC:R as my shopping list for the rest of the year. Maybe some Skyrim when it's cheap

I was playing the Gunstringer demo on the weekend. I was really pleasantly surprised. Super fun. If it's more than a couple of hours long, it might even make me think about buying a Kinect. I know right.

Omikron

So hey, Football Manager 2012 is only $40 on steam. Wonder how long that will last before the Aus Tax is added. 2011 was $90 to start with I am pretty sure.

Choc

Banned
http://www.smh.com.au/national/coalition-berates-abbott-over-thomson-ploy-20110913-1k7wg.html

TONY ABBOTT has been upbraided by two of his backbenchers for threatening to stop the Labor MP Craig Thomson from being present at the birth of his child.

In the party room yesterday, sources said Mr Randall said Mr Abbott had created an unnecessary distraction, while Mr Neville went much harder.
''This sort of stuff does us more harm than good,'' Mr Neville said.

a liberal with a brain

Omikron

http://www.theage.com.au/entertainm...reaches-programming-rules-20110914-1k8d8.html

The Seven Network broadcast McDonald’s advertisements during children’s programs in a breach of industry restrictions, a media watchdog has found.

The Australian Communications and Media Authority found the network had breached regulations on numerous occasions during broadcasts in Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane and Perth by showing a 15-second advertisement including footage of the McDonald’s logo and characters Grimace and Hamburglar.

The ad went to air at least 72 times and was paid for by the fast food giant.

ch-7-ad-729-420x0.jpg
ch7-ad-729-2-420x0.jpg

Sneaky fuckers lol. Where is Planet_JASE to say it should be up to the parent to parent.

Just reading through stuff about Win 8 after this BUILD conference. Holy shit it looks cool. Full disclosure, I have a WP7 phone so I'm already a fan of Metro, but this looks pimp. And sounds like they have some solid ideas how to apply it to a desktop.

If it turns out I might even hold out buying a tablet until it's out. Might.

WP7 is still burning me with none of these sweet sounding Game Dev/Grand Prix Story games. Damn you GAF for making me want stuff I can't have!!

Choc said:
No different to fans of any other sport. Soccer riots? Ice hockey? Burning cars in the streets? AFL fans spitting?
This isn't just Storm fans. I mean shit, if you go see an AFL match listen to the shit people spew out about holding the ball. Fanatics are just that, they go overboard like primitive animals until they get back to their car in the parking lot or walk in the front door of their home. The bad ones overshadow the good ones, of which there are many.

Gazunta said:
BTW, BOOOOOOO to any place that doesn't serve vanilla milkshakes in that ice cold metal cup. Nomnomnom.
Cosigned. Tastes a thousand times better in the metal cups. Sooooooooooooo good.

Omi said:
So hey, Football Manager 2012 is only $40 on steam. Wonder how long that will last before the Aus Tax is added. 2011 was $90 to start with I am pretty sure.
GMG! I posted about this a while back Omi. Only $34 with the coupon as long as you don't need it on Steam, no idea if it is Steamworks. And if you use my referral link to sign up you get $5 credit for your next purchase!!!!

jambo

reptilescorpio said:
GMG! I posted about this a while back Omi. Only $34 with the coupon as long as you don't need it on Steam, no idea if it is Steamworks. And if you use my referral link to sign up you get $5 credit for your next purchase!!!!

No mention of Steamworks on the store page, probably best to buy it from GMG and add a shortcut to Steam.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Cosigned. Tastes a thousand times better in the metal cups. Sooooooooooooo good.
There used to be a place in Geelong that did that... meant to be a 60's diner or something on the corner of Moorabool and Malop in the city (where the National or Westpac bank is... Market Square corner) and I remember them being awesome. Of course, I was young and everything tastes better in a themed restaurant when you're young. Just look at Hard Rock Cafe.

You do too! ;)
Did you get that fiver from my DE3 purchase? I did :D

Jintor

Why the fuck does twitter screw up without leaving an actual error message

"Sorry! We did something wrong" then deleting my tweet and resetting my browser window is not fucking cool! At least tell me what the fuck went wrong so I can complain to your help desk about it!

Shaneus said:
There used to be a place in Geelong that did that... meant to be a 60's diner or something on the corner of Moorabool and Malop in the city (where the National or Westpac bank is... Market Square corner) and I remember them being awesome. Of course, I was young and everything tastes better in a themed restaurant when you're young. Just look at Hard Rock Cafe.

You do too! ;)
Did you get that fiver from my DE3 purchase? I did :D
I did indeed thankyou Mr Shaneus. Will come in handy in the future. They are dropping back to a lower amount soon as people having been spamming forums and some have gotten up to $300 free money.

Kardinia Cafe across the road from the footy oval do a really good milkshake in the proper metal cup. Everything is a little overpriced but 24 hour service and 24 hour delivery!

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
I did indeed thankyou Mr Shaneus. Will come in handy in the future. They are dropping back to a lower amount soon as people having been spamming forums and some have gotten up to $300 free money.
Goodo! Wasn't looking for kudos though, just making sure it went through okay :)

Kardinia Cafe across the road from the footy oval do a really good milkshake in the proper metal cup. Everything is a little overpriced but 24 hour service and 24 hour delivery!
Yeah, they have some half-decent stuff there. Whenever driving home on a Saturday night/Sunday morning after dropping friends off, there's always a few cars parked out the front. Sadly, I've never been there drunk :(

Yagharek

Planet_JASE said:
As much as I like the Foundation books (and from what I remember the series was one of diminishing returns) it cemented my stance that Asimov was an Ideas Guy, not a Character Guy. The concepts of his books are excellent, the character development and dialog? Uh, mot so much.

I haven't read EveryAsimov so if there is a story that people think displays Asimov's ability to create and script a fully realized and believable person just met me know.

Giskard.

Read the Robots and Empire series.

ClivePwned said:

Rage and Batman I'll get. Gears, AssCreed 5, Skyrim and BF3 I couldnt give a flying fuck about. Maybe UC3.

My tastes seem completely the opposite to yours. Zelda/Mario for me this year plus Batman and Rage and that will just about do it. Motoheroz if it comes out locally too.

Still got to start on Deus Ex and Xenoblade.

Yagharek

Oh and Zelda is seeming like the best thing ever. That's without checking any spoilers though, just the hype gauge. But I must remember: dont fall for hype dont fall for hype dont fall for hype dont fall for hype.

jambo

Choc said:
just an FYI for those with MSDN/Technet, windows 8 is on it

It's a dev build, so just remember that a lot of the features they've been talking about and showing off recently aren't included.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
RandomVince said:
Oh and Zelda is seeming like the best thing ever. That's without checking any spoilers though, just the hype gauge. But I must remember: dont fall for hype dont fall for hype dont fall for hype dont fall for hype.

GAF is doing it to me again, there was zero hype for SS, both for me, and a lot of no hype on GAF.. then all of a sudden.. the snow ball is growing

Deeku

Jintor said:
Yeah I've got to get started on Xenoblade before the holiday rush
I still need to buy Xenoblade.

Uni holidays start next week Jint! I'm thinking of maybe grabbing Resistance 3 after my last midsem exam on Saturday.

Clipper

I said it before in here, but I think the thing that is going to make Skyward Sword a success is the complee lack of hype (and some anti-hype) leading to its launch. So yeah, avoid it if you can.

Jintor said:
Yeah I've got to get started on Xenoblade before the holiday rush
Given that my PS3 is now out of commission for a while, I've been playing the hell out of this. Really great game and extremely addictive, especially if you're a completionist like me.

Deeku

Clipper said:
I said it before in here, but I think the thing that is going to make Skyward Sword a success is the complee lack of hype (and some anti-hype) leading to its launch. So yeah, avoid it if you can.
Yeah, I'm not hyped at all and haven't read or seen anything apart from the original trailer. I look forward to be blown away come launch.

Jintor

Clipper said:
Given that my PS3 is now out of commission for a while, I've been playing the hell out of this. Really great game and extremely addictive, especially if you're a completionist like me.

I'm just a little eh because I've been playing Radiant Historia for the past two weeks and I dunno if I should just jump straight into another huge-ass JRPG

I am playing some Vanquish to lighten my pallete though.

Man I've been playing a fucktonne of games recently! Deus Ex, Bastion, Radiant Historia, Driver San Francisco... and that's just the singleplayers that I've completed, not counting multiplayer MvC3 shennanigans and good ol' baseline TF2

hamchan

I will go into Skyward Sword with no hype, and I'm not forcing it too. After playing through most of the Zeldas multiple times I've actually had Zelda fatigue since the release of Twilight Princess, which I thought was super boring. The DS games weren't too hot either. Hopefully the staleness of the series will be fixed with Skyward Sword or I'll be very sad.

Shaneus

Jintor said:
Man I've been playing a fucktonne of games recently! Deus Ex, Bastion, Radiant Historia, Driver San Francisco... and that's just the singleplayers that I've completed, not counting multiplayer MvC3 shennanigans and good ol' baseline TF2
Damn, I envy your ability to work through games. In the last month I've bought (what feels like) a heap of games, very few I've played for any length of time. Bloodstone, Pure, Vanquish, DE3, Ace Combat 6, Deathsmiles, Party Animals, de Blob 2... and other than DE3, they're all boxed so when I don't play them they mock me.

I can definitely feel the hype building for Skyward Sword, TP was a disappointment for me, I just didn't 'feel' it. Has anyone ordered the M+ Bundle yet, if so where is the best price?

Jintor

DX was 28 hours, Bastion 13 hours (nearing the end of my second run), Chantelise 9 hours, Radiant is approaching the 30 hour mark and I'm not quite done yet, Driver 14 hours, I'm about an hour into Vanquish... I love being able to track how long I've spent on a game. Feelsgoodman.

Anyway, anybody know anywhere where they sell cable ties? Like, the shitty tiny plastic ones so all my cords are looped together.

Shaneus

Jintor said:
Anyway, anybody know anywhere where they sell cable ties? Like, the shitty tiny plastic ones so all my cords are looped together.
Dick Smith or Jaycar are probably the most accessible (and likely), or perhaps a hardware store (less likely).

My brother uses them for his work so I have an endless free supply of them ^_^

Top Bottom