• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Clipper

Shaneus said:
Dick Smith or Jaycar are probably the most accessible (and likely), or perhaps a hardware store (less likely).

My brother uses them for his work so I have an endless free supply of them ^_^
I've found Bunnings to have a pretty good range of the 3M stuff for things like this if there's one nearby. I bought some cable ties that stick to the wall with those removable tab things for wiring up my 5.1 speaker system recently.

Fredescu

Jintor said:
Anyway, anybody know anywhere where they sell cable ties? Like, the shitty tiny plastic ones so all my cords are looped together.
Get velcro ones! Much easier when you want to rearrange things.

Gazunta

And now it looks like I have two interesting options for doing Supanova :)

OH CRAP I STILL NEED TO ORDER BOOKS I AM DOOMED

OH CRAAAAP I STILL HAVEN'T FINISHED LAYING OUT ONE OF THE BOOKS AAAAGH KILL ME

Edit: The strangest thing to get used to with the new job is the half hour lunch break. Just catching up on this thread takes most of that! :)

Clipper said:
I've found Bunnings to have a pretty good range of the 3M stuff for things like this if there's one nearby. I bought some cable ties that stick to the wall with those removable tab things for wiring up my 5.1 speaker system recently.
Hell yes, the 3M stuff is great. Using for photo frames, extension cord and keeping the little guy out of our drawers.
Fredescu said:
Get velcro ones! Much easier when you want to rearrange things.
These work so damn well, used them for the cables in our networking cabinet here at work. Will be using them for the next PC build too.

Omikron

West Ham v Portsmouth in Championship: 33,465.
Chelsea v Bayer Leverkusen in their opening Champions League game: 33,820

lol.

Choc

Banned
Omi said:
West Ham v Portsmouth in Championship: 33,465.
Chelsea v Bayer Leverkusen in their opening Champions League game: 33,820

lol.

whilst this is definitely lulz

100 pounds a ticket for the champions league

24 pounds for westham

also you play millwall this week, should be epic

Omikron

Choc said:
whilst this is definitely lulz

100 pounds a ticket for the champions league

24 pounds for westham

also you play millwall this week, should be epic

Still massive lols. ;)

And yeah, we will stuff 4 past the hapless lions.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
We need a GIF of that stat! Then to combine the Bernstare and the Serrelstare into one big stareoff gif.

Omikron

Speaking of stare offs. For those in Hobart, pay attention to the backs of cabs and their advertising. You may see me on one or two of them.

Kritz

Banned
Omi said:
Speaking of stare offs. For those in Hobart, pay attention to the backs of cabs and their advertising. You may see me on one or two of them.
I'll take a picture if I see one. What's the product?

Bernbaum

jambo said:
Extra Small condoms.
Hahaha!

evlcookie said:
Bern is still, without question, the drummer from mastodon.

Was it an enjoyable night?

Fuck I love Mastodon.

As per my appearance on SBS - set your expectations low. I didn't have much to contribute and I knew it. The issue was not one I was particularly well-informed about, nor was I particularly emotional about having my PSN details compromised. I also flubbered and rambled for the one question I was asked, which was on how the hacking made me feel.

I am never proud of moments when I communicate poorly. My day job is 50% communication - taking complicated scientific concepts and explaining them to the layperson. I am used to having ample time to contemplate and articulate whatever it is I am trying to explain and always strive for a neutral emotional tone: something that the brevity of filming in a TV studio just doesn't allow for. I told the producers after the filming that I didn't think I added much to the show.

In all honesty, I accepted a guest spot on the show because I wanted to see the inside of a TV station and get an idea of what my hair looks like on the telly. After SBS conducted their initial interview, I recommended to them that they contact Serrels who as a professional would no doubt have added much more to the program.

Omikron

Kritz said:
I'll take a picture if I see one. What's the product?

n590788746_3300314_8219134.jpg

:p

Kritz

Banned
Amateur photography! The composure is all off. You just wait, I'll post the best fucking photo even if I have to call the cab myself!

Jintor

I just noticed that my 3DS is chipped on the cover and on the sides of it :< Guess it didn't survive the occasional drop on a concrete floor

It's built like a brick though so it's totally solid, but it's no longer super new looking :T

Jintor said:
I just noticed that my 3DS is chipped on the cover and on the sides of it :< Guess it didn't survive the occasional drop on a concrete floor

It's built like a brick though so it's totally solid, but it's no longer super new looking :T

That sucks. I'm pretty sure my 3DS still looks new
under all that dust

Fredescu

Box of Bunnies said:
Exciting and original observation. If only you'd brought this gaffe to our attention earlier, you could have saved us all a lot of embarrassment.
You could have saved yourself a lot of embarrassment by realising that Bern was pointing out that the typo has now been fixed.

Kritz

Banned
Jintor said:
Kritz wtf r u doing

I TOOK A PICTURE

it was actually of a LADY ON THE STREET but I did it in HIGH DYNAMIC RANGE LIGHTING so you couldn't tell. Now I, Kritz, have all the glory of being the world's greatest photographer!

Kritz said:
I TOOK A PICTURE

it was actually of a LADY ON THE STREET but I did it in HIGH DYNAMIC RANGE LIGHTING so you couldn't tell. Now I, Kritz, have all the glory of being the world's greatest photographer!
Nice bloom!

jambo

Kritz said:
I TOOK A PICTURE

ART!

Kritz

Banned
hamchan said:
Speaking of snark, I've been noticing a growing amount of it on GAF lately and it's starting to make me hate the place.

Well if you don't like snark you should probably crawl into a dead carcase and also die, because it's not like your opinions were doing anything different. Gosh.

Top Bottom