• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Jintor

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Eh, it was announced in Famitsu. As far as they're concerned, nobody outside of Japan knows about it (remember what I said about Nintendo still being run like a toy company from the 80s?).

I know, that's my point; it's incredibly frustrating how unaware of their international impact Nintendo tends to act.

Jintor said:
I know, that's my point; it's incredibly frustrating how unaware of their international impact Nintendo tends to act.

So you wanted them to address the concerns of the non-Japanese audience at a Japanese conference? Huh?

Jintor

Box of Bunnies said:
So you wanted them to address the concerns of the non-Japanese audience at a Japanese conference? Huh?

I wasn't expecting it, but it'd be nice.

News goes worldwide within seconds. The world is always watching.

Wait Gear 3 comes out like next week? Holy living fuck that's exciting. I'm really happy I got my Xbox fixed. Between it and Space Marine I'm going to get my yearly dose of over the top awesomeness in the space of a month

Choc

Banned
Box of Bunnies said:

It amazes me how many people forget that TGS is a massively japanese focused show. I often wonder why Western media bother going some years. Recently its had big stuff sure, but it is still a very eastern dominated show.

elfinke

FallbackPants said:
Wait Gear 3 comes out like next week? Holy living fuck that's exciting. I'm really happy I got my Xbox fixed. Between it and Space Marine I'm going to get my yearly dose of over the top awesomeness in the space of a month

I just did the same - I noticed the OT go up and nearly fell out of my chair. My wallet is not prepared for Gears 3!

So it looks like other games will be supporting the second stick monstrosity.

God damn it, now we'll have all these games optimised for those controls without regard to what makes sense for the base hardware >:-(

F*cking Capcom opened the floodgates.

Jintor

Choc said:
It amazes me how many people forget that TGS is a massively japanese focused show. I often wonder why Western media bother going some years. Recently its had big stuff sure, but it is still a very eastern dominated show.

Because news is news.

Jintor

Oh, and it gives game journos a great excuse to go to Japan and meet up on a company budget. Preferably a publisher's budget.

My friend said he'd like to write a book one day about the crazy shit he's seen as a game journo, but that doing so would end any possible career in the industry ever. He's probably right.

Salazar

Jintor said:
My friend said he'd like to write a book one day about the crazy shit he's seen as a game journo, but that doing so would end any possible career in the industry ever. He's probably right.

Tell him to publish it as a novel.

Kritz

Banned
Bernbaum said:
AusGAF Interstate All-Stars Meet-up

Where: Gold Coast, a bar somewhere. Alcohol consumption purely optional.

When: Saturday 15th October, 7pm-ish.
Hrm, I have three grand that I can access and another 10 that should pop open early next month. Flights are like 300 each way, and accomidation on the goldcoast is about 700 for three nights, for one person. The EB thing seems to be about 30ish, which I don't care for, public tansport can't be more than $40 across three days though I don't know Qld costs. Beer at that point seems like a drop in the pond.

Plus, the 15th is the start of exam study times.

I have been meaning to get out of Tasmania for a while now. An AusGAF meetup could be a reason.

Are mobile interstate fees a thing? I don't know if I can be disconnected from the Internet for an entire weekend.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Oh good news everyone too, Nintendo just confirmed to us that Skyward Sword will come in a bundle here (with and without a controller, both get the CD) and by itself after release.

Still no release date though, and JB had pictures of the bundle up for the past week.

But whatever.

Yagharek

Damn, 3DS keeps getting better and better. So many games I want for it :eek:

And on a more sombre note, this is the 2004 Tsunami footage I was referring to on Sunday night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuUygn7BZis

It's just a horrible image, so tragic. Just seeing one person killed and dwarfed by the scale of the wave. This to me is as defining an image as any that comes to mind. Tianamen Square tank protestor, 9/11 imagery, the Vietnam War napalm burns victim image, Hiroshima post a-bomb.

Words cannot describe how sad all that destruction is.

Dead Man said:
It's what you said. Conference in country x = news for country x.

What I said (or meant, at least) was more along the lines of "You shouldn't expect people who aren't present and whom the conference isn't aimed at to be directly addressed". E3 is not aimed solely at nor attended only by American companies and media.

Yagharek

VOOK said:
Oh good news everyone too, Nintendo just confirmed to us that Skyward Sword will come in a bundle here (with and without a controller, both get the CD) and by itself after release.

Still no release date though, and JB had pictures of the bundle up for the past week.

But whatever.

Holy shit. You posted that 1 minute after I ordered a UK version since I didnt know if we were going to get it...

Oh well. 2 copies of GOTG.

edit: MotoHeroz out on European Wii Ware this week. We better get it here too.

Can you still do region swap on Aus <-> UK Wii shop?

Yagharek

Kritz said:
... How many traffic lights are there?

Hah.

If it's any consolation, I can confirm that Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney and Perth drivers are all worse than Hobart drivers. Darwin is pretty good. Adelaide IDK.

Ydahs

We're finally getting an idea of what the 3DS can actually do. Sonic Generation, MHTri and the new Kid Icarus footage looks beautiful.

And Zelda! Couldn't get thought the trailer because of the spoilers but it looks insane. Can't break this media ban now!

Kritz

Banned
How's the public transport? The mainland had trains with attractive vagina monsters, I hear. Do they require um. Like greencards or something? The... Trains, that is.

Wait, so now it is NOT just Monster Hunter that uses the extra stick? I thought people were saying it was a one off thing? Means it will be included in the revision next year at least.

Wonder if it comes with the AAA battery it requires...

Also MGS3DS was the game I was most looking forward to on the 3DS but the trailer didn't fill me with confidence.

Yagharek

reptilescorpio said:
Wait, so now it is NOT just Monster Hunter that uses the extra stick? I thought people were saying it was a one off thing? Means it will be included in the revision next year at least.

Wonder if it comes with the AAA battery it requires...

Also MGS3DS was the game I was most looking forward to on the 3DS but the trailer didn't fill me with confidence.

I share many of your concerns/expectations. I thought the add-on was only an optional for MHTri, but expected that MGS3 might have been delayed to use it, since it was looking like it was being held back a month ago.

I'm glad it supports it, since MGS on PSP controlled like rubbish. I hate face buttons for aiming.

I expect there has to be a revision at some point, but it's probably going to coincide with a major western title that needs it. And at a point where battery life can be significantly boosted at a reasonable cost.

So that means I expect a 3DS "XL" sized unit, dual analog sliders, maybe a revised form factor with extra triggers and a better battery (hopefully ~10hrs).

And since we can do content transfer from one system to another, that doesn't bother me. The games coming out for the system look fucking phenomenal.

So turns out in this town the Shire does NOT pick up green waste. Even though we have a massive greens bin. We can throw whatever we want into the regular rubbish bin to be dumped at the tip but for some reason green waste that decomposes at a much faster rate isn't allowed. Makes sense. Now I have to organise a contractor to come and pick it up from my house. Maybe Jims Mowing have some kind of under the table deal with the shire?

Also some 'lazypeople' came today and put a new gas meter in while the misses was at home. They were nice enough to leave a leaflet in the letterbox saying that we can only turn the gas back on ourselves if we have a gas stove top (electric for us). It said nothing about what to do if you don't have a gas cook top. Called the number on the leaflet and a brash sounding woman said, "Yes?". Didn't even bother to say that I had called SP AusNet. I told her about the leaflet and that we didn't have a gas oven. "Doesn't matter, turn it on yourself.""So it doesn't matter that we don't have a gas stove even though in the leaflet it says only to do it if it is gas?""Doesn't matter, do it yourself". I say okay and she hangs up. Nice service.

Gas works at least! Means in the last 3 weeks we have had a new Smart Meter installed for the power and a new gas meter.

153373_detail.jpg

Also holy crap at the Gears 3 CE! I have no interest in the game anymore after Gears 2 but this CE is fantastic! $200 at EBGames.

midonnay

I'd hate to put you in a position that's awkward,
But we tanked for you and now we'll go unrewarded.
I hope you realise that now you've put the Melbourne Football Club,
Back five years...

Never mind we'll find someone like you.
Another few seasons of finishing last should do,
Don't forget us, you prick.
Dean Bailey lost his job recruiting you, dick.
Sometimes money's just too strong to simply turn down,
And at least we don't have to live in Blacktown.

hehehe

Jintor

He gets so much random parody crap attributed to him. I remember going around for ages thinking he did even more Star Wars parody stuff than he actually did.

Yagharek

Jintor said:
He gets so much random parody crap attributed to him. I remember going around for ages thinking he did even more Star Wars parody stuff than he actually did.

At this point I would readily believe that Star Wars itself is a parody.

Top Bottom