• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Omikron

Gazunta said:
I like any system that has Civilization Revolution on it.

I have four fucking versions of that game and I played each one to death

I need help

I don't like Civ Rev. I can't quite reconcile the fact its too light.

Echoplx

Planet_JASE said:
Aaaaaallllllso, handhelds mean that you can do unsavory tasks like grinding while watching television. Which, while not making it any more forgivable as an ongoing necessity of playing RPGs, does take the sting out.

Even though I read that as the unintended meaning of 'grinding' I still agreed.

Stackboy

Thought something was wrong with my iinet internet last night, turns out we went over our cap. I think my steam downloads changed and Deus Ex and Civ 5 tipped us over the edge.

So many cool giant bomb videos to watch too, but the next month starts on Sunday.

Gazunta

I have half a mind to start a gaming news-related gambling site where we can bet on what will happen next.

Let's take bets on what Sega will fuck up for the Daytona port

$1.10 The music is fucked somehow
$1.25 It's not a port of the arcade version, it's the DC version
$2.00 Online is for four players or less
$3.00 No Daytona license
$5.50 Car 42 only available as DLC

Shaneus said:
My posts were mostly fuelled by the fact that I've been playing far too much Grand Prix Story on my iPhone. That's my defense.

Nyer to you all.
I agree, though; the lines between what consoles and handhelds -especially with Vita coming out- can offer is definitely blurring. There's no longer any real restrictions to what handhelds can offer beyond resolution. All that's really left is what sort of experience game studio's wish to offer and you are willing to take.

For me, that experience is mainly narrative driven and time involvement heavy. Something that I can chip away at and, in some cases, accomplish while performing other things.

To address one of your concerns, there is absolutely no issues with screen resolution/size and text. Game designers, for the most part, seem to fully realize the screen real estate and design the game so that it's easy to read.

If we'd had handhelds capable of running these sort of games 15 years ago, I probably would have ended up finishing so many more RPGs. Quite hyped for a FFX remake on the Vita, and the possibility of XII coming soon after.

Jintor said:
I had a terrible terrible mental image while reading that post, Jase.
You're welcome.

3chopl0x said:
Even though I read that as the unintended meaning of 'grinding' I still agreed.
How do you know what meaning of grinding I was inferring to? Maybe I grind while I grind while I'm cheating on my wives.

Yeah, that's right, I have 3 console wives. Console polygamy. What's it to you?

Gazunta said:
I have half a mind to start a gaming news-related gambling site where we can bet on what will happen next.

$3.00 No Daytona license
Hmmmmm... how much for "Will turn it into a topdown crash simulator"?

Jintor

I'd definitely count Game Dev Story and its iterations as akin to sRPGs or something, and I think games like Theme Park World and whatever else EA is letting loose on phones could occupy a similar space. I'd love to see Game Dev Story's profit/loss sheets though because I want to see how their pricing structure is working out for them.

I think quality software might be able to drive the general app price out, helping that part of the industry escape the $1 hellhole it's stuck in. At the moment I think every digital distribution model pretty much needs to emulate Steam, minus the region pricing.

Shaneus

Gazunta said:

$3.00 No Daytona license
Daytona license seems like it's actually happening, given the entry on the OFLC website. Online would almost certainly be 4P, what with lag etc. There's always the chance we could be getting the Saturn port, too... bahahaha.

While they're at it, they should also port the arcade version of Virtual Racing. I would kill to hear the track select music on my stereo. Ah, the memories.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Daytona is going to suck like the last few console ports, God knows why anyone is getting excited.

And it is my favourite arcade game of all time as well.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
codswallop said:
Saw a shitload of stuff in Seoul today thanks to a friend playing guide, but still no Starcraft. Did see a car where the model was a 'Starcraft', though.

But Arrested Development has taught me how to say 'hello' in Korean so all is good.

Running Wilde was not interesting to watch after three or four episodes, even with Arnett and Serafinowicz or whatshisname (Tobias Finke, analrapist). Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret isn't a big investment at 6 episodes, is as dry as toast but enjoyable enough. I'd put it next to 'Episodes', if you've seen that.

If you want something new, definitely pick up 'Louie', which I mentioned a couple of weeks back.

http://www.gomtv.net/faq/view.gom?conid=60920 Directions to the GSL studios,
http://www.gomtv.net/2011gslsponsors6/schedule/ Schedule for next week
:)

Omikron

Hardware integration I can understand not working, but wtf is that splash screen shit with all the buttons?

My PC is not a mobile device.

Oh and couldn't find an option to turn it off easily either, gave up.

Omi said:
Hardware integration I can understand not working, but wtf is that splash screen shit with all the buttons?

According to the news, windows is the future, so if windows tells you your PC is now a windows phone, you will do what you are told. :p

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Omi said:

I think it's awesome as a stand by screen or start up screen. You could actually put a lot of useful information right there.

I think spacebar or some other button switches to desktop mode. So it's not hard to get rid of.

evlcookie said:
I think it's awesome as a stand by screen or start up screen. You could actually put a lot of useful information right there.

I think spacebar or some other button switches to desktop mode. So it's not hard to get rid of.

I haven't been able to figure out where the "turn off pc" button is. lol

Choc

Banned
Omi said:

Welcome to Mac influenced windows

also

omi i dont think you can turn it off in the DP

it's a smart strategy. Windows phone 7 apps work on it, so it encourages people to build for WP7 knowing that Windows 8 will use it to, so therefore guaranteed millions of users

very smart indeed. IOS apps should work on OSX and they do not

Omikron

Choc said:
Welcome to Mac influenced windows

also

omi i dont think you can turn it off in the DP

it's a smart strategy. Windows phone 7 apps work on it, so it encourages people to build for WP7 knowing that Windows 8 will use it to, so therefore guaranteed millions of users

very smart indeed. IOS apps should work on OSX and they do not

Well yeah, WP7 is all silverlight / wpf stuff, so no doubt they are pushing that with Win8. You can turn off the start screen stuff in the registry so we found out, but for me personally, that shit is just going to slow me down in my day to day work activities. Win7 does get a hell of a lot of things right. :) We shall see.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
BanShunsaku said:
People want ducks!

Amusingly a friend is moving here in 6 or so months (hopefully!) and we talked about getting a pet.. and he suggested ducks.. must not impulse buy a chicken coop..

Gazunta said:

$3.00 No Daytona license

As long as the Daytoooona hey! Song is in there as I'm cruising, I'm not gonna be too fussed.

HolyCheck said:
Amusingly a friend is moving here in 6 or so months (hopefully!) and we talked about getting a pet.. and he suggested ducks.. must not impulse buy a chicken coop..
Ducks are cool, had 2 last year...but they shat a lot, and everywhere! I named them Starsky and Hutch, they used to lay nice big eggs as well....

Sadly, they both died...one worse than the other. Hutch froze to death in the rain, and Starsky had his intestines ripped out by my dog who had broken his leash while I was at work.

Now I've got 2 beagles, male and female.

God damn EB. They had a pretty good sale on. Some cheap, good games going. So, naturally I walked in and had a look around. And then bought a game that was full price.

On the upside, I have NHL 12 now if anyone wants a game some time.

Gazunta said:

$3.00 No Daytona license

$1.10 Online is DLC
$1.90 Direct port with black bars

HolyCheck said:
Screw that
http://www.harveynormanbigbuys.com.au/BuyDetailsPage.aspx?itemNo=K203
THIS IS THE REAL DEAL. TOUCHPAD PROPORTION SAVINGS :O
lol, you were the one who made the OzBargain post weren't you?

BanShunsaku said:
Clipper, Yakuza 3 is on it's way!
It's a really great time. Looking forward to picking up Yak4 once my backlog clears out.
Oh god, MW2 shipped today from OzGameShop and I STILL haven't finished de3. Or Infamous 2. Or Costume Quest. Or Minervas Den. :)

reptilescorpio said:
Looking forward to picking up Yak4
It's currently $28.99 at OzGameShop.

You know you want to.

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it.

evlcookie said:
Currently reading the vicroads road to solo driving handbook. Yip yip, it's awesome.
Throw that book in the fireplace and boot up some Hot Pursuit. All you need to know for defensive driving in Melbourne.
That or pick up one of those Scandinavian driving simulators.

Driving-Simulator-2009.jpg

I have a question that's kind of out of left field for SydneyGAF...

I'm organising a buck's party and need to know this:
What is the best strip club in King's Cross?

I've been to a few buck's parties myself and seen the Pitt St clubs in the city but I honestly hardly ever head to the Cross myself for any reason, so don't even know where to start. The friends I've spoken to are all in the same boat (or at least claim to be lol).

Cohsae

RandomVince said:
MotoHeroz out on WiiWare locally.

Quick review: It's Worms meets Trials HD. GOTY.
This is one of the most enticing one sentence reviews I've ever seen, yet I can't even begin to comprehend how it makes sense.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
RandomVince said:
MotoHeroz out on WiiWare locally.

Quick review: It's Worms meets Trials HD. GOTY.

I didn't think it was going to be this popular, am I missing something?

Top Bottom