• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Rezbit

When I first went down the Citylink in peak hour I was pretty much like this:

uGgTc.gif

Yagharek

VOOK said:
I didn't think it was going to be this popular, am I missing something?

Popularity has nothing to do with it. It's a great game. Music reminds me of Amiga era. Character design is stupid in a good way. Tracks are short and out of control (early on at least - they get more complex).

It supports online and DLC too, so hopefully future support continues.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
RandomVince said:
Popularity has nothing to do with it. It's a great game. Music reminds me of Amiga era. Character design is stupid in a good way. Tracks are short and out of control (early on at least - they get more complex).

It supports online and DLC too, so hopefully future support continues.

Shit I was unaware it was out anywhere else. o_0

I really gotta stop writing things at 1 in the morning.

markot

Banned
legend166 said:
Hughes noooooo

Also, the email has gone around informing my team that I'm leaving.

No one has spoken to me yet >_>
Sounds like a Columboesque murder mystery! Be careful of anyone with gloves >.>!

legend166 said:

That is because you are a heartless bastard leaving all your poor co-workers to their slow demise without you. They know their reckoning is soon to be at hand all because you refused to continue to lead the troops into battle. Sad panda.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
legend166 said:
Hughes noooooo

I caught my old manager typing that email on the day I left my last job, I told her it wasnt necessairy. 70% of the team (about 40 people) didnt know I was leaving until the end of our lunch break when she announced it.. so close

HolyCheck said:
I caught my old manager typing that email on the day I left my last job, I told her it wasnt necessairy. 70% of the team (about 40 people) didnt know I was leaving until the end of our lunch break when she announced it.. so close
I've gotten a few emails this week about people being pushed out of jobs in Perth for "restructuring". I don't give 2 shits since it has nothing to do with me and I don't know why they are sending me all these emails. At least once a day there is a blanket email from Clayton office with a title like "Womans scarf found in the parking lot. Can be claimed from reception if yours". Please guys, we are in Warrnambool. There is no point having us on your damn mailing lists.

Korean DMZ/JSA was pretty cool. Got to cross over to the North Korean side within the conference room. The 'rock' guards on the South side are huge.

jambo

Good morning AusGAF, time for some brekie!

Also Clip!

9/16/2011 -- 1:21 pm -- Transit through DHL facility -- Hong Kong, Hong Kong

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
House hunting tomorrow. Many inspections to attend.

Joy.

EatChildren said:
House hunting tomorrow. Many inspections to attend.

Joy.
Fuck I hate looking through houses (to rent). It's an exercise in heart break. It's easier to get a job than it is to rent a house.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Neverender said:
Fuck I hate looking through houses (to rent). It's an exercise in heart break. It's easier to get a job than it is to rent a house.

Exactly. I loath it. I really need to get my documentation together and not leave it to the last minute.

And if there's spoiler thread titles you guys are concerned about, tell me so I can fix them.

Yagharek

Next thread spoilers:

Heavy Rain: Play as Jason
Batman Arkham City: Play as *****, ********, ******, ***, ****** and *******!
Halo 2: Arbiter is second playable character
FFVII: Female playable character dies

HolyCheck

Neverender said:

I inspected 0 apartments, and had a relative inspect 2 for me.. I applied for one.. and got it >_>

I moved to melb from another city lol

EatChildren

HolyCheck said:
I inspected 0 apartments, and had a relative inspect 2 for me.. I applied for one.. and got it >_>

I moved to melb from another city lol

This should be bannable.

Agyar

If anyone in Brisbane actually wants a copy of Killzone 3, Myer have it for $10. They had half a dozen more out back when I was there.

EatChildren said:
Exactly. I loath it. I really need to get my documentation together and not leave it to the last minute.

And if there's spoiler thread titles you guys are concerned about, tell me so I can fix them.
I had the easiest time getting this place a month or two ago. Pretty much showed I have a full time job and walked into the place. It was great.

That said Ipswich isn't exactly high class.

HolyCheck

EatChildren said:
This should be bannable.

It was my first ever time looking for a place too, is it really meant to be hard?

Just do what I did, apply for apartments in areas that are likely to only have students and art majors apply!

I HAS A JOB, THEY HAVE A PAINTBRUSH.

Gazunta

So the rumour is that Visceral in Melbourne are done.

I hate this stupid games industry.

Edit: I shouldn't be surprised after Visceral did some top quality games, which is a guaranteed way for you all to get fired after the game ships.

Gazunta said:
Bullfrog was safe once too.
Westwood Studios :(

What were the Melbourne studios responsible for? Never even knew they existed, thought Visceral was only in Redwood.

Edit: Holy balls! New Archer! Also Sunny in Philly for those still into it.

Gazunta

They did the amazing Dead Space on iOS. From memory they did Mirror's Edge iOS too which was also fantastic.

I'm not a fan of the Dead Space games but holy crap, they did very good stuff on that system. The iPad version in particular looked great.

Edit: The last time I posted on GAF about what games a defunct studio did I got quoted by Gamasutra as a "trusted industry source". FFS you could have done 5 minutes of research and figured it out yourself.

I'm going to draw a Brendan Brewer comic tonight, either about TGS or him writing about a game development studio being shut down.

I am a bad person because I did not know that Visceral had a studio in Melbourne.

I feel terrible for everyone that works there, if this turns out to be true.

jambo

EatChildren said:
This should be bannable.

First time I moved out, I randomly caught up with some mates for lunch one day at work, then went and looked at a house. Applied the same day and got it 5 days later.

Second time I move out, housemate's dad was a real estate agent, so we got an awesome house with no need to fill out an application.

=P

Anyone know how to scrob to last.fm from Winamp on Android? Can't seem to get it working, even trying a few different apps. It sends the notification of a new song being played but won't scrob.

Also GameTrailers runs really poorly for me even though Youtube loads instantly. Also DmC looks like a pass, art design is fantastic though.

Yagharek

Anyone here big fans of Doctor Who? (the new stuff in particular I mean)

I like how each season they have a hidden thread that doesn't come into play until the last episode, pretty much making it look like either a Deus Ex Machina, or a cleverly laid counterplan by the Doctor. Stuff like Bad Wolf for example.

Anyway, I think Ive figured it out for this one and it's only 2 episodes in to the 2nd half. (ie whatever ABC has shown)

I'll put this in spoilers here. First of all it involves two specific enemies. Think along the lines of Daleks or Cybermen but (not them). ie:
The Flesh and The Silence

Basically this is what I think:
The Silence were said to be responsible for keeping the Doctor from asking 'the question'. I forget if that was revealed in an episode or a preview but it was on ABC.
The Silence aren't following the Doctor - they are following every human
Anyone who sees the Silence forget once they turn around
So I think that it must be the Silence are there to stop the people from learning something.
ie it will be humans who are asked the question by the Doctor

So basically, what I think will happen is that:

(Big, speculative spoiler)

It will be revealed that all humans are unknowingly Flesh

hamchan

I started watching Doctor Who earlier this year and I love it. I'm in the latter half of season 5 now so I can't discuss any season 6 stuff heh.

Karen Gillan is hot.

Echoplx

Kritz said:
Set up a script or something to make daily backups of your world.

I do have a script to do that, but Vanilla minecraft server doesn't support backup scripts :/

Man I want Bukkit for 1.8 so bad.

HolyCheck

RandomVince said:
Anyone here big fans of Doctor Who? (the new stuff in particular I mean)

I like how each season they have a hidden thread that doesn't come into play until the last episode, pretty much making it look like either a Deus Ex Machina, or a cleverly laid counterplan by the Doctor. Stuff like Bad Wolf for example.

Anyway, I think Ive figured it out for this one and it's only 2 episodes in to the 2nd half. (ie whatever ABC has shown)

I'll put this in spoilers here. First of all it involves two specific enemies. Think along the lines of Daleks or Cybermen but (not them). ie:
The Flesh and The Silence

Basically this is what I think:
The Silence were said to be responsible for keeping the Doctor from asking 'the question'. I forget if that was revealed in an episode or a preview but it was on ABC.
The Silence aren't following the Doctor - they are following every human
Anyone who sees the Silence forget once they turn around
So I think that it must be the Silence are there to stop the people from learning something.
ie it will be humans who are asked the question by the Doctor

So basically, what I think will happen is that:

(Big, speculative spoiler)

It will be revealed that all humans are unknowingly Flesh

Awesome post.

Ham have you watched dr who before season 5? It wouldnt hurt to go through and watch 3 or 4 eps from seasons 1 - 4 ? I can give you a list if you want it

Started Who last year and after season 5 went back and watched all the Davies era stuff. A fair bit of rubbish but some gems in there too. Moffat knows what he's doing. I have faith.

Top Bottom