• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
My house hunting whining jinxed it further. Housemate's boyfriend, who we were relying on as a third person, has again bailed on wanting to move. Fucking hell.

EatChildren said:
My house hunting whining jinxed it further. Housemate's boyfriend, who we were relying on as a third person, has again bailed on wanting to move. Fucking hell.
Mod powers don't extend outside NeoGAF?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
posts from Moffat on the internet.. in 1996

"Why all this fuss about canon – and, indeed, continuity – in a
show about a man who changes history for a living? "

"My real reason for thinking this is a good idea is simply that
I’ve never able to believe Gallifrey as a place the Doctor could
ever have come from. It’s one of the most lazily conceived
societies in the show’s history (against stiff opposition) and
the Doctor has nothing remotely in common with any of the
inhabitants. "

"Here’s a particularly stupid theory. If we take “The Doctor” to
be the Doctor’s name – even if it is in the form of a title no
doubt meaning something deep and Gallifreyan – perhaps our
earthly use of the word “doctor” meaning healer or wise man is
direct result of the Doctor’s multiple interventions in our
history as a healer and wise man.
In other words, we got it from
him. This is a very silly idea and I’m consequently rather proud
of it."

so good lol

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Planet_JASE said:
Mod powers don't extend outside NeoGAF?

Oh god did I accidentally perma him from house hunting?

HolyCheck

EatChildren said:
Oh god did I accidentally perma him from house hunting?

Where bouts you looking? and if you dont mind, what kinda budget? I have a friend moving over from Adelaide hopefully in about 6 months and i'm trying to get a feel for what's a GOOD price

;_; some how I dont think he'll want to match my $250 a week on Coles work

Fogz

HolyCheck said:
perhaps our
earthly use of the word “doctor” meaning healer or wise man is
direct result of the Doctor’s multiple interventions in our
history as a healer and wise man.

I'm pretty sure he's used that at some point during his run as well.

Also, I've always explained away continuity errors like that, wibbly wobbly timey wimey :)

reptilescorpio said:
Westwood Studios :(

What were the Melbourne studios responsible for? Never even knew they existed, thought Visceral was only in Redwood.

Edit: Holy balls! New Archer! Also Sunny in Philly for those still into it.

NEW ARCHER!! Holy jesus that is exciting. And there are people who aren't into Always Sunny?

Shaneus

Gazunta said:
So the rumour is that Visceral in Melbourne are done.

I hate this stupid games industry.

Edit: I shouldn't be surprised after Visceral did some top quality games, which is a guaranteed way for you all to get fired after the game ships.
Gazunta said:
They did the amazing Dead Space on iOS. From memory they did Mirror's Edge iOS too which was also fantastic.

I'm not a fan of the Dead Space games but holy crap, they did very good stuff on that system. The iPad version in particular looked great.

Edit: The last time I posted on GAF about what games a defunct studio did I got quoted by Gamasutra as a "trusted industry source". FFS you could have done 5 minutes of research and figured it out yourself.

I'm going to draw a Brendan Brewer comic tonight, either about TGS or him writing about a game development studio being shut down.
They actually did some (if not all, I'm not totally sure) of the work on the console (and I guess PC) Dead Space. I'm acquaintances with a guy who worked on it and was awesome enough to score me a copy. Of course, first thing I did (as I did with Party Animals) was sit through the credits, point at the name I knew and yell "Oh my God, I know that guy!"*.

*This is actually far weirder when you realise I'm by myself when I do this.

EatChildren

HolyCheck said:
Where bouts you looking? and if you dont mind, what kinda budget? I have a friend moving over from Adelaide hopefully in about 6 months and i'm trying to get a feel for what's a GOOD price

;_; some how I dont think he'll want to match my $250 a week on Coles work

North and east mostly, about as far out as Preston / Box Hill, hopefully a wee bit closer but happy around there (we live in Preston now). I'm on a very strict budget, my housemate who's moving with me not so much, and the plan was for the two of us and her boyfriend to get a place together which should have been relatively easy (my housemate is on a crazy high income).

He's never lived out of home before (for valid reasons) and has been umming and ahhing about moving for fucking ages now, finally deciding he was good to move a month or so ago. He's a wonderful guy, but completely inexperienced when it comes to moving, and gets overly defensive when we point this out. We have a finite amount of time to move, and a finite budget for moving, so we've been drilling this into him that decisions need to be made now. Despite planning to go inspection looking tomorrow, he made up his mind shortly before my previous post that he's now not interested in moving. Its really, really annoying.

We really dont want to be paying more than $400 a week for a three bedroom place, and cant really afford to pay more than $300 a week for a two bedroom. It really depends on where we look, how far out, and if we can get a third person to come with us.

EDIT: Silver lining, while doing a tidy I found a heap of birthday money from months ago that I had forgotten about. Gaming for the rest of the year is set.

HolyCheck

EatChildren said:
North and east mostly, about as far out as Preston / Box Hill, hopefully a wee bit closer but happy around there (we live in Preston now). I'm on a very strict budget, my housemate who's moving with me not so much, and the plan was for the two of us and her boyfriend to get a place together which should have been relatively easy (my housemate is on a crazy high income).

He's never lived out of home before (for valid reasons) and has been umming and ahhing about moving for fucking ages now, finally deciding he was good to move a month or so ago. He's a wonderful guy, but completely inexperienced when it comes to moving, and gets overly defensive when we point this out. We have a finite amount of time to move, and a finite budget for moving, so we've been drilling this into him that decisions need to be made now. Despite planning to go inspection looking tomorrow, he made up his mind shortly before my previous post that he's now not interested in moving. Its really, really annoying.

We really dont want to be paying more than $400 a week for a three bedroom place, and cant really afford to pay more than $300 a week for a two bedroom. It really depends on where we look, how far out, and if we can get a third person to come with us.

EDIT: Silver lining, while doing a tidy I found a heap of birthday money from months ago that I had forgotten about. Gaming for the rest of the year is set.

ah cool, I've not looked too hard so it's good to know that $300 is doable for a two bedroom, my real concern is having it near public transport that takes me to work lol, and not having to train into the city then out again.. Will also need to see where my friend can get transferred too

RandomVince said:
Whooo, Clarke only got 6. Form batsman.
The real news is Warney coming back for the big bash. Shall be waiting for news of which team with baited breath. Will be worth the trip to Melbourne to watch.
Also from Cricinfo stream,
Dont coaches get paid to make players better? The only Australians who ever seem to play better are the ones who just came into the team.Its been the same for at least 3 years.
Ouch. It's all downhill from here Marshy!

Sigh. ANOTHER de3 quickload crash.

RandomVince said:
What's that?
Warne 'definitely' to play Big Bash League
136657.2.jpg
Great choice of picture by CricInfo! Totally relevant to the story since the news broke on The Footy Show! Aside from the fact that it is about cricket.

Shaneus said:
Don't make me regret letting you convince me to buy that!
Too late now! Read the fine print! No refunds!

Anyway it seems rare and only happens every now and then. Only after trying to load a save so it isn't like I lose any progress. Just task manager kill, right click steam, boom. Just a simple flick of the hips and bam, back in the game ready to hack the shit of those asshole computers.

Omikron

So hey, anyone got a list of AusGAF usernames for TM2 / ManiaPlanet? Or shall we start one? (Yes, I am waiting for the beta toupdate to full retail atm... ~400mb update, fwiw)

GAF Username / Trackmania 2 Username

omi / omi

hamchan

Omi said:
So hey, anyone got a list of AusGAF usernames for TM2 / ManiaPlanet? Or shall we start one? (Yes, I am waiting for the beta toupdate to full retail atm... ~400mb update, fwiw)

GAF Username / Trackmania 2 Username

omi / omi

Easier to just make a group in game methinks.

DeathJr said:
Bought the Star Wars Blu Ray box set. :)

I nearly did the same. Then I bought seasons two and three of the original Star Trek series, American Psycho and the Big Lebowski on Bluray and a couple of bottles of scotch instead.

DeathJr said:
Guess what I'm doing all day tomorrow?

Watching them in the 4-5-1-2-3-6 order?

Gazunta

Comic about Brendan Brewer at TGS drawn and uploaded. Feelsgoodman

Time to play some more GoatUp and wind down for the night.

Does anyone know of a local place to buy the iCade? Minter is supporting it, and now I want's one baaaaaaad. It'll sit next to my MAME cabinet. :)

Salazar said:
Never mind whatever the hell they mean about 3D. That looks like the least ergonomically designed mouse ever.
i think the picture was 3d.

Kerrby said:
It has even less buttons than a Mac mouse?
but hey look its got a...volume control?

Mistle said:
the hell is that? how is it 3D? why does it look like a squished iphone 4 case?

buy it and report back
i think it was like 25 buck or something. but i totally did want to buy it to figure out what the fuck was going on

trinest

3chopl0x said:
Crying due to the amount of stupid changes Lucas has made to the films?
Haahaaa.....

:(

(thats one of the main reasons I can never get into those guys series- they always fuck with them).

Jintor

Today was a great day, a tolerable night, and an enjoyable drive home.

It turns out I no longer have much in common with people I hung out with in High School! How depressing.

I just drank half a bottle of blueberry wine from the Paektusan region of North Korea and am watching some sort of Korean MTV that only has k-pop and a shitload of ads. Hope the wine wasn't poisoned.

Kerrby

Banned
Jintor said:
Today was a great day, a tolerable night, and an enjoyable drive home.

It turns out I no longer have much in common with people I hung out with in High School! How depressing.

Does that include My Little Pony ;D?

3chopl0x said:
Crying due to the amount of stupid changes Lucas has made to the films?

Shaneus said:
Spot the difference?

Honestly, don't care. As long as Anakin is still Darth Vader and Luke does not have sex with Leia, I'm happy.

Box of Bunnies said:
Watching them in the 4-5-1-2-3-6 order?

I have done that before.

HolyCheck said:
ripping it and uploading a torrent?

The upload speeds in this country are pathetic. :p

Top Bottom