• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

remz

Frawdder said:
There already is a Trackmania 2 AusGAF group. Group name is AusGAF and I can't remember if there is a password.
hmm... just tried to manually join it and I think there is a password, but I many have done it wrong. Ingame nickname is Remz

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
I am the touch of death!
fg_079.jpg

Shaneus

Definitely! I haven't played it at all, but in the name of adding to your Steam games list... it's a steal.

It's supposed to be orright, too.

Rezbit said:
Darksiders is 5 bucks on steam. Worth a buy?
Indeed it is. Even cookie liked it if I recall correctly. It really is a zeldaesque game. Loved it. The sequel looks even better. Dat artwork.

Also Blade Runner and Nox were underappreciated. Poor Westwood. Thanks EA!

midonnay

probably deserves its own thread but can't be stuffed

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...th-drink-driving/story-e6frg6nf-1226139763105

A 90-year-old woman from the NSW south coast has been charged with high-range drink driving.

The elderly woman was stopped by police conducting roadside breath-testing along the Princes Highway at Bateman's Bay at 10.15pm last night.

She returned a positive reading of 0.230 and was arrested at the scene.

The woman has been charged with failing to supply a breath analysis after she failed a breath test at the police station as well as driving under the influence.

apparently she nearly hit some cops

Shaneus

evlcookie said:
Driving lesson over. 15 people killed, 12 cyclists injured, 1 dog squashed.

A rousing success.
What I wouldn't give to see the first Carmageddon appear on GOG with 3D support.

RandomVince said:
Whee, just played the Fifa 12 demo. Nice to know its as rubbish as it has been since 2008.
Are there any good arcadey-type soccer games available for 360 or PS3? FIFA, rubbish or not, always struck me as being a little bit too technical for me. Same with NBA2k11, which, while obviously impressive, I just can't get into.

Shaneus said:
What I wouldn't give to see the first Carmageddon appear on GOG with 3D support.
On June 1, 2011, Stainless Games revealed that they had re-acquired the rights to Carmageddon. A new title, Carmageddon: Reincarnation, is in early development for a 2012 release.

Also try the FIFA Street games Shaneus.

Shaneus said:

Are there any good arcadey-type soccer games available for 360 or PS3? FIFA, rubbish or not, always struck me as being a little bit too technical for me. Same with NBA2k11, which, while obviously impressive, I just can't get into.
Did you play the new NBA Jam?
I played it on iPad lul.
Fun but repetitive.

Yagharek

Shaneus said:

I'm all for PES, but I give Fifa a go every year and come up with the same complaints. Fifa has stilted animations, no middle ground between braindead AI and untouchable AI, and it is just not as good as people say.

PES lets you play a game that looks like an EPL highlights reel. But it doesnt change much from year to year. My advice would be try a demo or get PES 09 or 11 cheap and see if its your thing.

edit: In the interests of disclosure I just scored a cracker of a goal with Bale.

Salazar

Shaneus said:

Not 360 or PS3, but First Touch Football on iPad is just bliss, for me.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
On June 1, 2011, Stainless Games revealed that they had re-acquired the rights to Carmageddon. A new title, Carmageddon: Reincarnation, is in early development for a 2012 release.

Also try the FIFA Street games Shaneus.
I knew they had the rights but wasn't sure whether that was solely for a new game or not. I remember loving the shit out of the first game (still know where the CD is!) and would jump on the 3D accelerated one in a heartbeat if it appeared on GOG. Maybe they'd even float the idea of releasing it on there to drum up some funds for the new game.

Will check out a demo of Street, too... cheers for the tip. Just want something I can bash around and have fun with, something similar to Virtua Striker but I fear that Street might be a little too "yo homie" for my tastes.

Salazar said:
Not 360 or PS3, but First Touch Football on iPad is just bliss, for me.
No iPad, but my iPhone is pretty much dedicated to GP Story. Thanks for the tips, guys.

I actually remember Sega Soccer Slam... wonder if it's BC.

Yagharek

If you have a wii/dolphin/gc, try Mario Smash Football/Super Mario Strikers. Or Sega Soccer Slam which is also on xbox. Same developer, absolutely mental game.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
RandomVince said:
If you have a wii/dolphin/gc, try Mario Smash Football/Super Mario Strikers. Or Sega Soccer Slam which is also on xbox. Same developer, absolutely mental game.

Sega Soccer Slam and Mario Strikers are both fucking mental, I've pulled several all nighters on both of them, they're just pure FUN

Shaneus

If that's the case, my best bet might be to get it going on Dolphin. Not exactly minimal fuss, but probably the method most likely to scratch dat itch.

Yagharek

Shaneus said:
If that's the case, my best bet might be to get it going on Dolphin. Not exactly minimal fuss, but probably the method most likely to scratch dat itch.

Ask Tex, if you still chat with him. Had one night of multiplayer on it and it was insane. We had a 10 minute tiebreaker where it was very hard to breathe. And impossible to score the winning goal.

Edit: Ace Combat Modern Warfare is pretty damn good. PS3 demo was worth a shot.

Now that I'm in the XBox Live Ghetto (silver) its annoying not to be able to get demos whereas on PS3 theyre all available day 1.

Salazar

Steam is freezing on start up.

I have a Clientregistry.blob and a ClientregistryOld.blob in my folder. What do I do with them, or with either of them, in order to give my account a slap around the face and potentially wake it up ?

Jintor

It's been a good day for gaming. Vanquish + Advance Wars Days of Ruin + MvC with my bro. ALL UP IN DIS COLONY LOCK IT DOWN K.O.M.G. RADIO, BIZNITCHES

Shaneus

Salazar said:
Steam is freezing on start up.

I have a Clientregistry.blob and a ClientregistryOld.blob in my folder. What do I do with them, or with either of them, in order to give my account a slap around the face and potentially wake it up ?
Get rid of them both. I doubt it would be anything to do with the old one, but I normally just add an extension of .old so there's no way Steam can see it.

Edit: I've been playing nothing today, really should though. Not sure what I'm in the mood for... maybe I'll start DE3. Should I bother with comfy couch or just desk it?

markot

Banned
Gotta give it to Abbot, he really pulled one over on Gillard.

Abbot: 'Go harder on refugees!'
Gillard: 'k'
Abbot: 'Go hard on refugees!'
Abbot: 'You're too hard on refugges!'

20110128203738!Trollface.png

(First time I have ever used troll face, but I think it fits >_<)

Also a good Drum column, Kevin Rudd as PM and Turnbull as Deputy.

Hell, they should form a new part together! The Twats who are less twatty then the rest of the twats.

Oh Eidos. Just finished Deus Ex HR and I gotta say that you guys did a stellar job. Has made for a fantastic year of gaming, along with TW2 and Portal 2 it will go down as a true classic for me. Brings the IP back to glory and is hopefully a sign to come for the next few titles to come out of the studio.
To show my appreciation I dedicate this picture of a kitten to all who had a hand in bringing this fantastic game to my dirty little hands.
very-cute-kitten.jpg
Thank you.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Human Revolution is excellent. Vanquish is sublime. Space Marine is blood for the machine god.

markot

Banned
Australia lost to Ireland?

Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

'National seppuku day' is the only choice.

Axiom

I like the Xperia Play, but I can't remember a screen that hates sunlight more. Finding obscure geek stores in the CBD with Google Maps was annoying enough.

Was a pretty day to be exploring Melbourne though.

Darklord

Banned
DeathJr said:
Footy was awesome. Almost Carlton, almost.

Easy win for Geelong next week....

I dunno, West Coast played pretty well. Good goal scoring at the start. Decent positioning on the ground. A hell of a lot better than Sydney or Saints[:(] were. I think it could be close.

Top Bottom