• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

jambo said:
cvqeT.jpg

Tonight, I build.
Enjoy your Lego after you terrorise a quaint little village Wolfman.

Also I like buying stuff! Let me in on the trading!

Agyar

Kritz said:
But then when I looked around JB Hifi and Dick Smith (well there's my problem), you end up with two lots of earbuds.

$10 ones that might as well have spikes coming out of them,

$40 ones that look identical to the $10 ones except the thing you stick into your ear actually looks ear shaped,

and finally the $80+ pairs that have LED lights because I guess everyone really liked the Book of Eli, or simply decided they want to make their face look like the inside of my computer.

I feel like I could just let my phone play my podcasts through its internal speakers, and if anyone gets annoyed enough to ask me to turn it off, I give them five dollars. At the rate headphones break it seems like it'd be a little more cost efficient.

If you're looking for something decent that won't break the bank, I recommend a set of the Ultimate Ears 200 (or 200vi if you want the set with in-line volume/mic) from Dick Smith. They'll set you back $60 and I think they even had them on sale for $40 a while ago and they have great sound quality for the price. They're also in-ears (canal-phones), which are great for commuting.

I have a more expensive set of Ultimate Ears (Metro Fi 200v) and I recommended the set above to Bern and he has been happy with them. My little brother also has a set and he gives his earphones a good beating and they're still going strong.

CLEEK

Agyar

RandomVince said:
So I'm going through a large assortment of my games from ps3/360/wii, including some CE stuff.

Is trading in AusGAF sanctioned/ok? I know there is a trading thread, but within AusGAF and Australian residents, its just a hell of a lot easier to do it here if it's allowed. I expect I'll have a list together in an hour, and would be looking just to do swaps
seeing as everyone here knows the value of importing makes sales impractical :p

I'm in the same boat, getting ready to do a big cull of my collection. Looking at a probable move interstate next year and I want to get in early and start removing non-functional stuff stored around the house. I might put a big list together and post it later. It'll be mostly 360, maybe a few PS3 games.

Choc said:
http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2011/09/18/261011_ntnews.html

Why is one is one of the most smart journalists in Australia working in the Northern Territory and not working nationally or something.

most Australians won't read that and it needs to be read.

oh wait i know why, because she won't toe the News Limited or Fairfax agenda and peddle bullshit after bullshit out

It was AMAZING on the weekend you saw direct contrast of agendas. NRL ok sure not that big in the grand scheme of things but two editorials about Gallops comments re: storm fans

Fairfax said he should resign and be sacked etc etc (Phil Gould)

News Limited (who own the NRL and appointed Gallop) say he should be left alone and it was a mistake (Ricky Stuart)

Agendas all the way baby.

Also comments on that story show what is wrong with this nation right now.

Exhibit A

If it wasnt for the "bogans who defeated the japanese in WW2, there would be no aborigines left in this country now....and thats a fact documented in japanese war history so anyone touting that the aborigines are hard done by better think again....Aborigines and immigrants are treated better than anyone else in this country, given more handouts, given everything,.problem is these two groups exploit whats given to them, bludge off the system and do absolutely nothing towards giving back....

Posted by: peter m 2:11pm today

NT News is News Limited, but yeah exactly.

That comment is ridiculous. Does he/she think the Japanese were invading Australia (which they weren't and had no plans for) to commit genocide against Aborigines?

Once you get through the initial group of people complaining that they weren't bogans (they were) there were people agreeing with her.

There are a lot of people there who seem to think that boat people have tens of thousands of dollars and for some reason never think of catching a plane to Australia. Not that they're wives and daughters get sold into prostitution to pay.

Jintor

I try not to look at comments on anything these days. I'm still unsure as to whether or not instant, unmoderated comment culture is a blight or not. I'm grateful for instant feedback, but it also allows trolls and morons to get their voices heard too.

Kritz

Banned
Jintor said:
Do you ride a lot of trains, Kritz?

In Tasmania? I don't think you can even pluralise that word in Tasmania. I'm pretty sure we just have Train. But I think it's out of commission and is currently being used as a playground decoration somewhere near Campbell Town.

Jintor said:
I try not to look at comments on anything these days. I'm still unsure as to whether or not instant, unmoderated comment culture is a blight or not. I'm grateful for instant feedback, but it also allows trolls and morons to get their voices heard too.

You're lucky you don't have your stories online. While having immediate feedback on my stories is awesome, getting massive d bags expressing ridiculous opinions feels like someone has sullied your pristine writing.

Kritz

Banned
The best part about hairy people is when they take their clothes off during lan parties it's easier to pretend you can't see parts of their body that you don't want to see.

Jintor said:
Any help would be appreciated, I'm basically just learning for my own pleasure right now. No formal training or nothing!
Just let me know what you want to know and if I'm in the know I'll let you know and if I don't know I'll just say no I don't know. You know?

Filming reference material for yourself these days is way easier than it was 10 or so years ago. These day you just film yourself on your phone/digicam/iPod/fridge, connect a cable from it to your computer and off you go. Back in my day you had to have a special video capture card in your pc, video recording software, along with various other old man prehistoric techniques. Most of the time you just watched it on a pc and counted frames via shitty frame by frame videotape players.

The best advice I could give anyone is to plan. Know what you want to do and be prepared to take your time. At the end of the day, though, you'll need to follow your artistic instincts to tell you if your on the right track.

Gazunta said:
I have set myself up the challenge of getting my company Twitter / FB accounts 50 followers each by the end of the week. I'm trying to decide between enticing new followers with free video games or gratuitous nudity.
One nudity please!

Kritz said:
Paying more money than what something is worth is a concept that can apply for many things, amazingly.
What is worth?

DeathJr said:
Then, the freakiest thing happened: She burst into a million baby spiders. Reminded me of that scene with the scarabs from The Mummy.
Maybe it was Madrox the Multiple Arachnid?

Lame comic book joke. Sorry :(

Jintor

Kritz said:
In Tasmania? I don't think you can even pluralise that word in Tasmania. I'm pretty sure we just have Train. But I think it's out of commission and is currently being used as a playground decoration somewhere near Campbell Town.

Oh right, I'd forgotten that you'd been banished to the Evertree forest :T

FallbackPants said:
You're lucky you don't have your stories online. While having immediate feedback on my stories is awesome, getting massive d bags expressing ridiculous opinions feels like someone has sullied your pristine writing.

Getting feedback is pretty rare, magazine-wise, especially on quality of writing and other non-outrage related materials.

Fredescu

The best part about being hairy is when you're carrying your kid around and he grabs onto your chest hair and pulls as hard as he can.

Kritz said:
The best part about hairy people is when they take their clothes off during lan parties it's easier to pretend you can't see parts of their body that you don't want to see.
So you only pretend not to see them?

Also, are you sure you're going to lan parties? Or is that code for swinger's clubs in Tassie?

Next time you go to a "Lan Party" amuse all with the new sensation: Morphsuits!

Ummmmmm, wtf?

Yagharek

Some of the stuff Ive dug out so far:
PS3 - Yakuza 4 (white steelbook, DLC code unused), Street Fighter 4 (UK), Uncharted (US), Little Big Planet
360 - PGR4, Virtua Fighter 5, Left 4 Dead 2 (UK), Splinter Cell Conviction, Duke Nukem Balls of Steel Edn, Halo Reach CE (the one in the mini lock box thing, with field notes etc - not the statue one)
Wii - Red Steel 2, Conduit 2 "LE"

Not entirely sure what I'm after, so offers etc via PM. Might be interested in some cube games too, if anyone has any (eg 1080, wave race, smash bros) they want to depart with.

More (maybe) to come later today :)

So, I've got one empty home screen on my phone...can any one suggest a widget or widgets? Android users obviously...iphone users probably won't even know what a widget is.

No, a female midget is not called a widget.

Planet_JASE said:
So you only pretend not to see them?

Also, are you sure you're going to lan parties? Or is that code for swinger's clubs in Tassie?

Next time you go to a "Lan Party" amuse all with the new sensation: Morphsuits!

Ummmmmm, wtf?
NO GREENMAN SUIT NO BUY

Also Vince I will PM once I get to a functioning computer

WTF someone wore a baby sling UNDER a t-shirt and jumper? No wonder it suffocated. We were to scared to even use the damn thing let alone wear clothes over the top of it.

Kerrby

Banned
viciouskillersquirrel said:
Are you implying that Jambo is a hairy man?
Because that's what I'm doing.

If I was, I would've said something along the lines of "Hey! What's that monkey doing opening a box of lego?"

Yes :<

Rahk

Agyar said:
If you're looking for something decent that won't break the bank, I recommend a set of the Ultimate Ears 200 (or 200vi if you want the set with in-line volume/mic) from Dick Smith. They'll set you back $60 and I think they even had them on sale for $40 a while ago and they have great sound quality for the price. They're also in-ears (canal-phones), which are great for commuting.

I have a more expensive set of Ultimate Ears (Metro Fi 200v) and I recommended the set above to Bern and he has been happy with them. My little brother also has a set and he gives his earphones a good beating and they're still going strong.
Kritz, maybe you should spend a bit extra for a pair of in-ears like Agyar suggests if you listen at all outside/in noisy environments.

I know, I know, you can only hear in one ear, but this is probably even more reason to get them as they isolate so you can listen at lower volumes, less likely to cause permanent damage to your hearing. Very good for podcasts. If Mr and Mrs Bogan are having a loud domestic on the train, put in earphones and now they are miming!

On the train all the time you can hear someone with Apple earbuds clearly with the volume on 100% because you can hear what they are listening to from across the carriage. It's like being at a concert for half the day or however long they listen.

Rezbit

commanderdeek said:
When I was in school, I was playing soccer and a fly flew up my nose and got stuck. So I had do that thing where you sniff your snot up your nose and coughed it out of my mouth.

And I'm scared of moths because they are scary and gross!

Did it fly away? That would have been amazing.

I remember seeing this queen-moth-thing on my ex-girlfriend's porch, and it was kind of struggling to move. Then I saw its abdomen and it was pulsing and all these maggoty looking things were coming out of it. Also, earlier this year after I got out of my car I saw this dragonfly freaking out trying to fly, but couldn't. Then it flipped over and I saw that a wasp was on it attacking it like crazy. They were gnashing their jaws at each other until eventually the wasp got in a good spot and munched at the neck. It kept munching until THE DRAGONFLY'S HEAD CAME OFF, then it picked it up and flew off with it! The dragonfly's body sat twitching.

NATURE.

Also damn Jambo's hairy.

Jintor said:
I guess all my characters will only be able to do one form of kung fu!
:)

Keep in mind that there is now a world of digital media on the internet for reference. You're mainly looking at someone jumping/kicking/falling/laughing at kritz connecting his computer in the middle of a swinger's club/ballerina bears dancing to get the timing and nuances of motion. You can then move to very simple stick figure animation to work out timing and flow which you can then use to build your characters on.

Or, you can just stop being a lazy bones and learn more forms of kung fu. I think I prefer the northern forms. Go for one of them.

Ningo

Hi, first post in ausgaf. I'm from adelaide and looking for people to add for gears 3.

Picking up my LE console tomorrow morning!

I cracked open CoE and RDR Undead Nightmare. CoE is not for me, though it works well enough with Kinect.

RDR UN is pretty good though(I flipped my copy of RDR after I finished it last year)

Ningo said:
Picking up my LE console tomorrow morning!
Oh nice! I'm a sucker for LE consoles, make sure to post up some pics of how it looks. Hope that we get the FFXIII-II PS3 over here.

My LBP Resistence 3 Chimera keychain arrived today!
frontv7ct.jpg

left4733.jpg

Protecting my keys like a champ!

Top Bottom