• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Awesome press release I got today;

LUKE JACOBZ AND SOPHIE FALKINER SHOWCASE
THEIR LIVES IN STUNNING 3D

PHOTO/INTERVIEW OPP
19th September 2011

WHAT: An exclusive exhibition will be opening in central Sydney next week displaying a range of 3D photographs on Nintendo 3DS consoles from the lives of four fascinating Australians. The exhibition will showcase stunning images in 3D taken by X-Factor host Luke Jacobz, TV presenter Sophie Falkiner, Jumping Crocodile Cruises owner Tony Blums and acclaimed photographer James Morgan.

The images will explore the previously unseen lives of the four diverse and interesting people. Luke explores behind the scenes of his TV shows; Tony captures the raw power of the crocodiles on his tours; Sophie reveals her life as a mother and presenter; while James captures a range of images including incredible angles of the Harbour Bridge and baby elephants at the zoo!

The Nintendo 3DS ambassadors will be on hand to discuss their 3D photographs and answer any questions on the activity. Due to prior commitments, Tony will be available for phone and email Q&A’s on request.

Notes: The Nintendo 3DS console has two outward facing cameras which capture stunning 3D images and allow any budding photographer to get creative and have fun!

WHO: Luke Jacobz; Sophie Falkiner and James Morgan (photographer) will be in attendance and available for photos
and interviews from 10.00am – 11.30am.

WHAT: 3D photographs taken and displayed on Nintendo 3DS consoles, allowing a glimpse into these four fascinating Australian’s lives

WHEN: Tuesday 20th September at 10.00am

WHERE: The Argyle, 18 Argyle Street, The Rocks, Sydney NSW 2000

Shaneus

Anyone here be interested in an AusGAF (and similar timezone) F1 2011 PC league? The main one in the 2011 OT usually do it at around 3am our time on a Sunday, which is not my idea of fun.

Choc

Banned
LUKE JACOBZ AND SOPHIE FALKINER SHOWCASE
THEIR LIVES IN STUNNING 3D

PHOTO/INTERVIEW OPP
19th September 2011

WHAT: An wanker exhibition will be opening in central Sydney next week displaying a range of 3D photographs on Nintendo 3DS consoles from the lives of four fascinating Australians. The exhibition will showcase stunning images in 3D taken by X-Factor host Luke Jacobz, TV presenter Sophie Falkiner, Jumping Crocodile Cruises owner Tony Blums and acclaimed photographer James Morgan.

The images will explore the previously unseen lives of the two (Tony and Janes) diverse and interesting people. Luke explores behind the scenes of his TV shows; Tony captures the raw power of the crocodiles on his tours; Sophie reveals her life as a mother and presenter; while James captures a range of images including incredible angles of the Harbour Bridge and baby elephants at the zoo!

The Nintendo 3DS ambassadors will be on hand to discuss their 3D photographs and answer any questions on the activity. Due to prior commitments, Tony will be available for phone and email Q&A’s on request.

Notes: The Nintendo 3DS console has two outward facing cameras which capture stunning 3D images and allow any budding photographer to get creative and have fun!

WHO: Luke Jacobz; Sophie Falkiner and James Morgan (photographer) will be in attendance and available for photos
and interviews from 10.00am – 11.30am.

WHAT: 3D photographs taken and displayed on Nintendo 3DS consoles, allowing a glimpse into these four fascinating Australian’s lives

WHEN: Tuesday 20th September at 10.00am

WHERE: The Argyle, 18 Argyle Street, The Rocks, Sydney NSW 2000

WHY AREN'T WE ACTUALLY GIVING YOU MARIO KART AND MARIO RELEASE DATES: Because we are morons that think this is more important.

Jintor

reptilescorpio said:
Looks grat! Nice work.

I'm trying to figure out a process. Yesterday I did full pixelart of the first frame, but it doesn't work out because then I can't see the outlines to do sketches of the animation keyframes :T

Today I just did keyframes, but it didn't quite work out because I didn't plan ahead and ended up drawing each frame on a single layer and being unable to go back to erase stuff, and also I didn't have reference frames... I need to figure out how to get those.

Here's some crazy-ass inspirations

023.gif

Eliwood.gif

tumblr_lq4ysgFcJg1qewlzgo1_400.gif

tumblr_lq3kms21uC1qewlzgo1_400.gif

Look at those frames!
tumblr_lq6xljeSmU1qewlzg

Frawdder

Shaneus said:
Anyone here be interested in an AusGAF (and similar timezone) F1 2011 PC league? The main one in the 2011 OT usually do it at around 3am our time on a Sunday, which is not my idea of fun.
You already know this, but yes, I'm in!

VOOK

I wonder if I can put up in that story the picture of Luke Jacobz I got at the Nintendo 3DS launch party when he's had a few and drinking down another bottle?

VOOK said:
I wonder if I can put up in that story the picture of Luke Jacobz I got at the Nintendo 3DS launch party when he's had a few and drinking down another bottle?
Dooooooooo iiiiiittttttttttttttttttttttttt
I will totally click on some ads for you.

Shaneus

Cool cool, people. I'll see what it's like in the F1 OT for non-Australian folk and if we can get it sorted without too much effort on my part. Keep in mind though that it will be a regular thing that (I believe) happens every race weekend, from what I understand (this is my first year, too).

Otherwise we could probably do a less formal one just amongst ourselves that requires less organisation. See what happens, I suppose.

Jintor:

The process is relatively easy compared to the effort of drawing all the required frames. The best way to plan out an animation is to first work out the complete time (in seconds) of the animation you want.

(In this day and age, if you have digital recording equipment, it is a far easier process if you can film yourself doing the process, that way you can time out the required keyframes from playing back the recording.)

If you don't, or the motion is beyond what you wish to animate, you need to do the old trial and error thumbnail animation technique. Assuming you are only doing 12 frames per second, estimate the length of the motion. Times that by the number of frames required to give yourself a framework to begin planning.

From there, work out what pose you wish to be hitting at keyframe and work out the approximate position along the total required frames. Something like this may help you visualize:

|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
1_________________12____________24____________36__etc

After this stage, you can see how my inbetweeners you need to produce between each keyframe. Before you do that, it may be worth doing one or two inbetweeners and animating that to see how the flow and pacing is. Make adjustments and see how that then looks.

From there its just a mere trifle to complete the dozens of inbetweens, cleaning up the linework, inking and colouring.

Sooooooooo easy :)

If you want to talk more about animation let me know. Also, sorry if you were talking out loud and already know this shit.

legend166

Lock it in - October 17th I will transition to me new role.

They want me to keep doing one thing in my current role until the end of the year, but it's easy so it shouldn't be a problem.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Imagine a Grand Prix Story with multiplayer available, including corporate espionage.
Productivity would cease to exist.
There's a free-to-play thing similar (I think) by Codies coming out fairly soon, I think. Or it may be less fun and be more like Football Manager but for cars or something.

Onto the other league thing, what I might do is encourage people to head to the F1 2011 OT, read the first two posts and register your interest. While we might not be able to have a league that's entirely AusGAF, at least we may be able to organise one with people from other regions who prefer an alternate time. We'll stick to the same rules as in the OT and run it in parallel, though... so no assists (except maybe auto for those without a wheel), same race length etc.

Frawdder

Shaneus said:
Cool cool, people. I'll see what it's like in the F1 OT for non-Australian folk and if we can get it sorted without too much effort on my part. Keep in mind though that it will be a regular thing that (I believe) happens every race weekend, from what I understand (this is my first year, too).

Otherwise we could probably do a less formal one just amongst ourselves that requires less organisation. See what happens, I suppose.
The way it worked last year from what I remember was that the drivers voted on the tracks to use, maybe 9 or 10 I think, and had one race every weekend.

Shaneus

Ah, okay. I wasn't too sure.

Either way, as there are shitloads of people applying already it might just be easier to ask if the secondary league runs at a slightly different time to save hassle.

hamchan

Shaneus said:
There's a free-to-play thing similar (I think) by Codies coming out fairly soon, I think. Or it may be less fun and be more like Football Manager but for cars or something.

Onto the other league thing, what I might do is encourage people to head to the F1 2011 OT, read the first two posts and register your interest. While we might not be able to have a league that's entirely AusGAF, at least we may be able to organise one with people from other regions who prefer an alternate time. We'll stick to the same rules as in the OT and run it in parallel, though... so no assists (except maybe auto for those without a wheel), same race length etc.

While I like watching F1 I suck balls at this realistic racing stuff. So no crashing into each other, no assists and manual driving = me screwed lol.

I'll crawl back to the easy driving in Trackmania 2.

Shaneus

Fair call, guys. I'm not usually an auto or realism sorta guy, but I'm actually going to give this a crack. Far more satisfying when you have to drive realistically. That's not to say accidents won't happen, but they should be avoided where possible, just like IRL.

senahorse

Kritz said:
Have earphones always cost $15-40 or have the apple crazies fucked yet another product market?

*shrug*

My last set of earphones cost me ~$100, you can easily pay up to $400.

edit: logitech remote order was just cancelled

Shaneus

Yup. Serviceable in-ear buds will usually start around $70 anywhere up to $250-300, roughly double that for good over-ear cans.

VOOK

HolyCheck said:
Bumpybump.

Have emailed US and UK support to try and get an AU contact to call or even an email address ughh

I've emailed the PR guy, see what he says.

legend166 said:
I'm waiting for the TPG NBN plans. They'll be the cheapest.
Same here. Hoping they will have an unlimited plan.

@Kritz

Only if you're not an audiophile. Decent earphones can be purchased for $50-80. Also, apple has really crappy earphones.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
VOOK said:
I've emailed the PR guy, see what he says.

TY very much :) Been posting on their forums since I was 12.. pretty much my first online community when it was GameNation..then Atari... then BandaiNamco

Clipper

HolyCheck said:
a universal remotewas on my list of to buys,so hopefully this gets honoured! my uncle has a universal remote, id never seen one before using tht a month ago. they're a thing of beauty
I bought a Logitech Harmony 600 from Catch of the Day a few weeks back for $40 and then got one of the PS3 adapters for another $45 (could of gotten it from Logitech Shop for $35 at the time, but didn't think of checking their price until it was too late). I was pretty happy for the one week I was able to use the combined pair before the PS3 went YLOD on me.

It also sucks that I had to unlink my existing Blu-Ray remote from the PS3, but there's enough buttons there to replicate all the necessary functionality of the official remote for watching Blu-Ray and PlayTV.

I'm also surprised by the one device in my setup that the configuration is not set up properly to use... the Logitech Z5500 speaker system :/. I managed to get it to mostly work by manually configuring things, though.

Kritz

Banned
Jesus, should I be paying $400 for hdmi cables, too?

/iHaveSevereHearingDisabilitiesIDon'tGiveAShitAboutAudioQualityIJustWantHeadphonesThatAreLongerThanAMetreAlsoThisShouldReallyJustBeAParagraph:String="cunt";

Ydahs

HOLY ZHIT SPIDERS GO AWAY :(

It's not even summer and the spider problem has appeared.

There is this place outside our house where spiders just love to chill out. I just saw this massive spider web and I'm scared it homes a beast. This is a top priority issue. since I have a phobia of eight legged creatures and I'm planning to do exercises in this location for the next month :(

Does anyone know of any home made spider repellents that actually works? I've tried some online suggestions before but they haven't worked.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I need to find 3 identification documents for my driving stuff. I wonder where my birth certificate is. Guess I can use a bank statement for one of them as well right along with my visa card since it has a sig on it.

Guess I will be digging around my shoebox tonight.

Kritz said:
Have earphones always cost $15-40 or have the apple crazies fucked yet another product market?
Eh, most are more. I have been picking up half decent Sony/Sanyo inner ear ones for $10-20 from Officeworks that work fine. Just keep getting stretched and wrecked in my bag as I am not very nice on them. Pickedup some Sennheiser 201s for $28 from OfficeWorks too that worked okay, nothing special but trapped the sound in nicely.

Choc

Banned
Ydahs said:
HOLY ZHIT SPIDERS GO AWAY :(

It's not even summer and the spider problem has appeared.

There is this place outside our house where spiders just love to chill out. I just saw this massive spider web and I'm scared it homes a beast. This is a top priority issue. since I have a phobia of eight legged creatures and I'm planning to do exercises in this location for the next month :(

Does anyone know of any home made spider repellents that actually works? I've tried some online suggestions before but they haven't worked.

i used to be an arachnophobe, but slowly and surely i managed to control it. I still run from funnel webs :p

anyway, the scariest thing was when i was about to go to sleep one night at home with parents and i saw this spider and i was like oh, a spider then it crawled into this hole it had made in the window sill about 20cm from where my head sleeps.

:|

so then i got the spray and just sprayed the shit out of that hole for like a good five minutes. and then got the hole fixed asap with some putty etc

do you guys remember when someone posted they didnt like spiders on ausgaf and people progressively posted more scary spider pictures lol

Gazunta

I woke up with a spider on my face once. Big fucker, too. Almost swallowed the bastard.

I have set myself up the challenge of getting my company Twitter / FB accounts 50 followers each by the end of the week. I'm trying to decide between enticing new followers with free video games or gratuitous nudity.

Jintor

Planet_JASE said:
Jintor:

The process is relatively easy compared to the effort of drawing all the required frames. The best way to plan out an animation is to first work out the complete time (in seconds) of the animation you want.

(In this day and age, if you have digital recording equipment, it is a far easier process if you can film yourself doing the process, that way you can time out the required keyframes from playing back the recording.)

If you don't, or the motion is beyond what you wish to animate, you need to do the old trial and error thumbnail animation technique. Assuming you are only doing 12 frames per second, estimate the length of the motion. Times that by the number of frames required to give yourself a framework to begin planning.

From there, work out what pose you wish to be hitting at keyframe and work out the approximate position along the total required frames. Something like this may help you visualize:

|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
1_________________12____________24____________36__etc

After this stage, you can see how my inbetweeners you need to produce between each keyframe. Before you do that, it may be worth doing one or two inbetweeners and animating that to see how the flow and pacing is. Make adjustments and see how that then looks.

From there its just a mere trifle to complete the dozens of inbetweens, cleaning up the linework, inking and colouring.

Sooooooooo easy :)

If you want to talk more about animation let me know. Also, sorry if you were talking out loud and already know this shit.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm basically just learning for my own pleasure right now. No formal training or nothing!

I wanted to just make it in SAI since that has much prettier linework, but it looks like I'll have to export individual frames and import into GIMP. That's gonna be so much fun. :T

I'll do it once uni's over...

I didn't even think about filming my own reference materials, but now that you mention it it's totally doable...

Choc

Banned
Gazunta said:
I woke up with a spider on my face once. Big fucker, too. Almost swallowed the bastard.

I have set myself up the challenge of getting my company Twitter / FB accounts 50 followers each by the end of the week. I'm trying to decide between enticing new followers with free video games or gratuitous nudity.

Skyrim, that is all

Gazunta said:

Why not both.
:)

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Why not both.
:)
Damnit, I was about to post that. But I was going to finish it with a wink, indicating sarcasm. However, further contemplation would've meant that the wink could have meant something COMPLETELY different.

Gazunta said:

I have set myself up the challenge of getting my company Twitter / FB accounts 50 followers each by the end of the week. I'm trying to decide between enticing new followers with free video games or the threat of gratuitous nudity.

Fixed, as I'm assuming the nudity is your own?

(I'm following by the way send me a copy of Skyrim now K)

Ydahs

Fredescu said:
Does it have to be homemade? You can buy a "barrier protection" spray can that works well enough and lasts for a while: http://www.mortein.com.au/product_high_per_sur_spray.php
I'll check if the Coles next to my house has this. Thanks. Gonna empty out that bottle in one go.
Choc said:
i used to be an arachnophobe, but slowly and surely i managed to control it. I still run from funnel webs :p

anyway, the scariest thing was when i was about to go to sleep one night at home with parents and i saw this spider and i was like oh, a spider then it crawled into this hole it had made in the window sill about 20cm from where my head sleeps.

so then i got the spray and just sprayed the shit out of that hole for like a good five minutes. and then got the hole fixed asap with some putty etc

do you guys remember when someone posted they didnt like spiders on ausgaf and people progressively posted more scary spider pictures lol
That's why I disabled images before re entering this thread :p

I wasn't born an arachnophobe, but a few keys events starting from around 15 years ago made me one. Can still remember all those events so well :(

Top Bottom