• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Fredescu

reggie said:
I'd like to know how?
AusGAF doesn't play games. Also, one guy insulted a game you like and you got all defensive. Yeah it was elitist, but welcome to talking about videogames on the internet. You need a thicker skin.

Choc said:
fred you are basically saying zoo has substance in this post :p
What kind of fucked up Choc logic is this.

legend166

reggie said:
I'm starting to remember why I never read this thread. Do you guys also play niche Japanese games and consider yourselves be true gamers? If your only argument is that Gears of War is too dudebro it's clear you've never been near the series.

Amazing.

Frawdder

reggie
(Today, 12:26 PM)
Reply | Quote

Perhaps read the whole thread next time instead of labelling us all based on the comments of a few.

Aon

Fredescu said:
Zoo Weekly is a pretty shitty analogue. It's more like reading an R.A. Salvatore novel. No real substance, but pretty good pacing and action.

This feels like a far more appropriate analogy, disparities between the demographics for Drow and COGS (Cogs?) aside. I'm drawn to an old Tim Rodgers review of the first game, which describes it as a kind of mechanical masterpiece with no allegiance to its setting. At the end he proposes a future in which Epic starts releasing news games which are essentially total conversions of Gears, because the mechanics have reached their peak and everything on top of that is fundamentally window dressing.

Same is true of Salvatore's novels. The plot, characters become kind of meaningless, backgrounded against the zenith of this particular style of fantasy.

reggie said:
If your only argument is that Gears of War is too dudebro it's clear you've never been near the series.

As dull as the argument is, it's not entirely unfair to have a go at someone for finding that brand of self serious military sci fi to be unappealing. I kind of wish that people who are turned off the games in that way would stop posting about it though, it does get so dull to read.

Personally, gears of war is a play and forget type of game. I'll play the story once, and then coop with a friend. After that I'll forget about the game and move on to other titles that have a bit of substance.

I don't care about it's multiplayer, because I refuse to pay for xbox live, a service that should be free. Even if it was free, the mp is nooby like cod.

legend166

Are there Gears of War novels? Like the Halo ones? That all the fans point to as an effort to show the series is all deep and stuff?

I've played like three hours of Gears of War. Didn't really enjoy it.

I usually don't care who plays what but I feel like poking this junior because it will be fun.

Choc

Banned
Frawdder said:
reggie
(Today, 12:26 PM)
Reply | Quote

Perhaps read the whole thread next time instead of labelling us all based on the comments of a few.

whats NBA 2k12 like frawd

Gazunta

So there might be one or two of you interested in this. Scott Kurtz, Krist Straub and Wil Wheaton will be presenting a night of video game symphonic music at some swanky place in Melbourne in April 2012.

Pre-sale tickets up here. They're like $150.

Tempting, until I start to factor in plane ticket prices too, oh and the fact that most of the music would bore me stiff.

jambo

I love classical music so this would be awesome.

And the tickets aren't $150 =\

1. Premium Seating
AU $139.00

2. A Reserve Seating
AU $99.00

3. B Reserve Seating
AU $69.00

4. C Reserve Seating
AU $49.00

evlcookie said:
Would like to see her in zoo weekly. Would increase their reputation 10000 fold.

It would also increase the page size 10,000 fold =P

Well, not anymore...

Frawdder

Choc said:
whats NBA 2k12 like frawd
Problem. My US PSN account doesn't work because I can't reset the password (because of the hack) due to the fact that the email account I used for it apparently doesn't exist any more so I can't get the email to reset the password.

But watching videos and reading impressions it seems like a solid improvement over 2K11. I was going to buy it anyway so I can do without the demo for now.

Echoplx

reggie said:
I couldn't care less if you hate Gears of War, it's just that the arguments made against it were terrible. Seriously your complaints are that its too dudebro and you start comparing it to Zoo?It makes me wonder if you've even played the game.

Your arguments were 'no' and 'makes me wonder if you've ever played the game'

I'm ok with being a snob.

hamchan

reggie said:
I couldn't care less if you hate Gears of War, it's just that the arguments made against it were terrible. Seriously your complaints are that its too dudebro and you start comparing it to Zoo?It makes me wonder if you've even played the game.
I think you need to sit in the corner and chill lol.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
reggie said:
I'm starting to remember why I never read this thread. Do you guys also play niche Japanese games and consider yourselves be true gamers? If your only argument is that Gears of War is too dudebro it's clear you've never been near the series.

Your faults here are assuming that we play games let alone niche Japanese Musical RPGs.

I've played Gears 1 and 2 for dozens of hours, both on my own, and when having a man night with a couple of friends, lots of booze and hours of play (both co-op and multiplayer)

It's pretty clear that the games aren't deep. They're just solid fun like a monster truck rally.

Jintor

reggie said:
You implying I'm mad? I'm actually enjoying this. When I read Vooks comment I actually laughed at the thought that he was serious. Little did I know...

I can tell you right now this comment makes me mad for no legitimate reason

RAGE

aDDiKt24

Banned
Gears of war is a mainstream game made for the masses. All these statements of "dudebro" and "zoo weekly" move away from the idea of gameplay being first and foremost on every gamers mind.

If you pass up a game based on cheese dialogue I feel sorry for you.

I dont think Gears of War has ever been a game know for it's story and dialogue. However what it does well is gameplay.

All these arguments about games being not deep enough. You guys have lost what makes gaming great. Playing through Rez and Child of Eden yesterday were such amazing experiences. Alot of people here probably think of it as a twitch shooter and wouldn't go near them as they are shallow gaming experiences you can complete in one sitting and forget about. Where have all the real gamers gone?

Developers are presenting you a world. Dont rely on them to envelope you inside it. Some effort has to come on your behalf. This comes from having no bias and going into a game open minded. I know most people here complaining about Gears of War would have gone into the game complaining and every time one of those cheese lines are said they would have cringed and it would have cast shadows over everything the game does right.

Remember, being submerged in a game so deep that a couple hours fly by is 50% the game and 50% you.

The Sacred Cows of AusGAF: Gears of War, Ricky Lee, some other piss and wank.

Your opinions are all invalid, and I am going to pledge my allegiance to an inanimate object, a multinational corporation and make subjective things concrete.

I'm off for a pint.

Jintor

I mean what the fuck Reggie. Vooks makes an opinion comment on GoW and now you're just trying to blow it up like it's some huge scandal or something and he's a snob for saying what he thinks. Who gives a shit? This isn't consolewarsland. It's just AusGAF. He made an off-hand comment and you leaped on it as though he personally insulted your mother, and then when people called you on it you basically said "I ain't even mad".

/edit what the fuck, is this AusGAF is not true gamers invasion week?

Fusebox

Banned
DeathJr said:
I hate it when people do this. GoW is God of War. Gears of War is GeoW. Know your abbreviations!

No. Just...... no.

Jintor said:
I mean what the fuck Reggie. Vooks makes an opinion comment on GoW and now you're just trying to blow it up like it's some huge scandal or something and he's a snob for saying what he thinks. Who gives a shit? This isn't consolewarsland. It's just AusGAF. He made an off-hand comment and you leaped on it as though he personally insulted your mother, and then when people called you on it you basically said "I ain't even mad".

Psst, you're just fuelling the fire...

Choc

Banned
Frawdder said:
Problem. My US PSN account doesn't work because I can't reset the password (because of the hack) due to the fact that the email account I used for it apparently doesn't exist any more so I can't get the email to reset the password.

But watching videos and reading impressions it seems like a solid improvement over 2K11. I was going to buy it anyway so I can do without the demo for now.

if you have an xbox it will apparently be on live about 9pm tonight

also uh really that symphony thing is with MSO? wow, my cousin is in that. Might hit her up for a discount :)

10140203.jpg

Jintor

His opinion was about the game, your opinion is that we're all arrogant jerkwads

I am hoping you can see the difference here

Choc

Banned
Jintor said:

*citizenkane.gif*

Top Bottom