• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

jambo

Well, the last few pages were entertaining, time for some lunch.

3chopl0x said:
Going on my ignore list

Haha, people actually use ignore lists?

oiRE2.png

markot

Banned
Victorian MP's staffer involved in bomb hoax

A Victorian Government MP's electorate officer has been caught promoting an anti-carbon tax stunt, where a protester would try to smuggle a fake bomb into Federal Parliament.

Bill Tilley's electorate officer, Tony Tynan, wrote an email to journalists spruiking the event this morning.

The email claimed a protester "plans to dress as Guy Fawkes and enter Parliament House with a suspect brief case" next week.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-09-21/victorian-mp-in-bomb-hoax-carbon-protes/2909890

So.... anyone watch 4corners last night >.>?

Fusebox

Banned
reggie said:
What do you think Vook was implying when he made the connection between Zoo Weekly and Gears?

I think he was shit-stirring for the guffaws. Stuff like that is always funnier coming from Nintendo fans.

Zoo? Come on. It's at least Maxim. Gears pretty well invented dudebro, it's not one of these Johnny come lately dudebro shooters.

And Ban that is the second time you've just blown my mind with a reply in the last two days. My hat is off sir

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Choc said:
if you have an xbox it will apparently be on live about 9pm tonight

also uh really that symphony thing is with MSO? wow, my cousin is in that. Might let cookie hit that.
Thanks choc, good to see someone is looking out for me.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
reggie said:
What do you think Vook was implying when he made the connection between Zoo Weekly and Gears? I think you'll find there is no difference. Still, it doesn't matter - AGAIN, he posted an opinion then I did, it's not a big deal, and if anyone needs to "settle" or "calm" down it's you.

You sir are a dolt.

People who play videogames are dolts.

there is a big difference.

Clipper

DeathJr said:
That's like calling Call of Duty 'Call'.
Not really. 'Gears' works as 'Gears of War' is pretty much the only game that uses the word 'Gears'. It's totally unambiguous. 'Call' is used in many games and thus is not iconic to any particular series.

A better analogy would be that it is like calling 'Super Mario Bros.' by the name 'Mario', which we have been doing for over 25 years...

Choc

Banned
markot said:

our parliament has gone to the dogs. Fuckin sack the lot of them and lets start again

Julia and Tony are DESTROYING this nation. Not 1, BOTH of them

Tony for being a cock that won't listen to reason, and Julia for being incompetant

we have the worst PARLIAMENT in history tony, not just the worst PM

you need to wake the FUCK up and realise that destroying the nation is not good politics. As Tony Windsor said, hoping the nation fails in a big way so you can become PM is not good politics, its called being a selfish pig.

markot

Banned
I would like to see a new third party in Australia. Hell, more parties in general is a good thing.

And I am definately a snob, I turn my nose up... or down... at Cod so hard that I cant see where I am going! (Or can only see my feet)(Whichever it is meant to be >.>)

Hai, I was off having fun playing multi player Gears of War 3.
What did I miss?

*reads thread*

uh huh. I see. I disagree with your viewpoint but I will defend your right to be wrong.
Damn Ricki Lee fans.

Back to GoW3, Gears 3, G3ars whatever (gears is the GoW de jour).

Hey any idea when Mario on the 3DS is coming out? I'm looking forward to that. I'm looking skyward to Zelda too. Teehee

Choc

Banned
ClivePwned said:
What did I miss?

*reads thread*

uh huh. I see. I disagree with your viewpoint but I will defend your right to be wrong.
Damn Ricki Lee fans.

Hey any idea when Mario on the 3DS is coming out? I'm looking forward to that. I'm looking skyward to Zelda too. Teehee

clive aged 5 sounds high

:)

Choc said:
our parliament has gone to the dogs. Fuckin sack the lot of them and lets start again

Julia and Tony are DESTROYING this nation. Not 1, BOTH of them

Tony for being a cock that won't listen to reason, and Julia for being incompetant

we have the worst PARLIAMENT in history tony, not just the worst PM

you need to wake the FUCK up and realise that destroying the nation is not good politics. As Tony Windsor said, hoping the nation fails in a big way so you can become PM is not good politics, its called being a selfish pig.

1.jpg

"This country's stuffed!"

midonnay

wayne swan champion of the world >_>

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...economic-turmoil/story-fn59niix-1226142421332

WAYNE Swan will assert his newly-gained authority as the world's best finance minister to tell other G20 economic leaders to "get their act together" at upcoming talks in Washington.

The Treasurer was awarded the coveted title overnight by the distinguished magazine Euromoney as the IMF slashed global growth forecasts, including those for Australia.

Mr Swan, who will be officially presented the award at the G20 on Monday, said the dire IMF forecasts should be a wake up call for Europe and the US.

Clipper

ClivePwned said:
US release date is November 13 and Euro date is November 18. I'm not sure about Australia.

Jintor

reggie said:
What do you think Vook was implying when he made the connection between Zoo Weekly and Gears? I think you'll find there is no difference. Still, it doesn't matter - AGAIN, he posted an opinion then I did, it's not a big deal, and if anyone needs to "settle" or "calm" down it's you.

All I see is the classic troll behaviour of "Why you getting offended? Why you getting offended? Why you getting offended? U mad? lol ignore list? Weak"

Gazunta said:
It's OK Bob Katter says he'll be running the country in two elections.

Can Google hurry up and buy Australia yet?
The only thing more embarrassing than having someone like Bob Katter for PM would be if we somehow wound up electing Silvio Burlusconi.

Clipper said:
Not really. 'Gears' works as 'Gears of War' is pretty much the only game that uses the word 'Gears'. It's totally unambiguous. 'Call' is used in many games and thus is not iconic to any particular series.

A better analogy would be that it is like calling 'Super Mario Bros.' by the name 'Mario', which we have been doing for over 25 years...
I'd still call it GeoW. Gears sounds like a racing game.

Ydahs

Let's get this thread back on track and talk about niche Japanese games played by true gamers.

Xenoblade might be the best game I have ever played. The story, the characters, the environments and the sense of exploration have been brilliant so far. Such an amazing world to explore which makes FFXII's world look small in comparison.

No game has been able to eclipse Chrono Cross since I played it ten years ago, but Xenoblade is coming awfully close.

Agyar

ClivePwned said:
What did I miss?

*reads thread*

Damn Ricki Lee fans.

What's your gamertag?

Jintor

reggie said:
That's right, ignore everything I just said. Typical. Your arguments flop.

What do you want me to say? All you said was, effectively, deal with it, calm down, u mad. I don't call that much of an argument.

I haven't started Xenoblade yet. :T I probably should. There's some mental barrier preventing me from hooking up my Wii yet though.

Clipper

Ydahs said:
Let's get this thread back on track and talk about niche Japanese games played by true gamers.

Xenoblade might be the best game I have ever played. The story, the characters, the environments and the sense of exploration have been brilliant so far. Such an amazing world to explore which makes FFXII's world look small in comparison.

No game has been able to eclipse Chrono Cross since I played it ten years ago, but Xenoblade is coming awfully close.
I would have to be somewhere just over 100 hours in the game so far (I didn't check this morning, but I was 98 hours in last night)... It's just so bloody addictive. Sure, you're allowed to ignore it, but I really love the affinity system and I'm doing every single quest I can and so on and I'm going to try to get all the achievements and stuff too.

And it might still have been on my backlog if my PS3 didn't YLOD... It's the only positive thing to result from that :p.

quabba

Jintor said:
What do you want me to say? All you said was, effectively, deal with it, calm down, u mad. I don't call that much of an argument.

I haven't started Xenoblade yet. :T I probably should. There's some mental barrier preventing me from hooking up my Wii yet though.
For me that barrier is knowing what the image will look like once I do...

Jintor

It was an offhand comment in the context of a community thread, not an attack comment in a gears of war thread in the way you seem to have taken it. You leap-frogged off it to insult everyone in this thread and anyone who took you to task over insulting everybody in the thread.

I'm making a google+ account while awaiting the inevitable "intstant newsfeed bar of everything" on appear on my facebook page. Goodbye facebook, it was nice while it lasted, but I'm just not cool with everyone I know seeing that I wrote something on someone's comment.

Daaamn google+ is empty.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Clipper said:
I would have to be somewhere just over 100 hours in the game so far (I didn't check this morning, but I was 98 hours in last night)... It's just so bloody addictive. Sure, you're allowed to ignore it, but I really love the affinity system and I'm doing every single quest I can and so on and I'm going to try to get all the achievements and stuff too.

And it might still have been on my backlog if my PS3 didn't YLOD... It's the only positive thing to result from that :p.

The lack of character relationships for me is a big eh. I don't feel like I have any emotional attachment to the characters because I don't have any insight into how they're feeling.

the handshake things I can never view :(

Jintor

I'm waiting for my new PC so I can install Dolphin and get that delicious... whatever it is that Dolphin does.

Damnit, I should have researched this more.

Top Bottom