• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Halp AusGAF!

I need to write something witty and potentially bawdy on a work colleague's wedding card.

Any suggestions? (Keeping in mind that I want to avoid lawsuits)

I'm useless at this stuff.

Choc

Banned
BanShunsaku said:
Halp AusGAF!

I need to write something witty and potentially bawdy on a work colleague's wedding card.

is the colleague female or male, this is important

jambo

I rang Optus about my terrible reception and how I wanted to terminate my contract. They ended up giving me one of those Home Zone things, uses your ADSL2+ to boost your 3G.

They also asked me if I had checked the coverage map before I moved house =\ I live 15 minutes away from town and Adelaide is flat, why the fuck would I check if there was 3G or not? It's 2011!

And the 3G map showed 100% coverage too.

ClivePwned said:
Hai, I was off having fun playing multi player Gears of War 3.
What did I miss?

*reads thread*

uh huh. I see. I disagree with your viewpoint but I will defend your right to be wrong.
Damn Ricki Lee fans.

Back to GoW3, Gears 3, G3ars whatever (gears is the GoW de jour).

Hey any idea when Mario on the 3DS is coming out? I'm looking forward to that. I'm looking skyward to Zelda too. Teehee

Add me if you wanna do any co-op or mp. jambo1977

Jintor

I'm not saying you came out and called us all doddering twats or anything, but you lumped us all into some 'you guys' elitist gamer snob group with the comment about not coming in here anymore, and then any time someone replies you respond in the most dickish of ways. And every second post is "If you can't take the heat get off the internet" (or 'ignored lolololol').

There's also almost nothing more infuriating than being told 'I feel sorry for you if you were insulted'. It's the most weasel-worded 'apology' in existance.

shanshan310 said:
I'll try and post more. I like AusGAF. A lot of the time I just don't know what you guys are talking about though :(

I don't think any of us have any idea what we're talking about half the time...

Salazar said:

geww bugs. One of the highlights of living here is certainly that when I talk to foreigners I seem so much cooler. "Ha, your insects are tiny! In Australia..." even though I am scared shitless of everything. I like geckos though. They eat spiders.

Salazar

shanshan310 said:
geww bugs. One of the highlights of living here is certainly that when I talk to foreigners I seem so much cooler. "Ha, your insects are tiny! In Australia..." even though I am scared shitless of everything. I like geckos though. They eat spiders.

I don't actually remember seeing insects on my European holidays.

I'm sure they were there, and I'm sure I just wasn't paying attention, but still. Maybe a fly or two in Rome and Venice.

Its weird but Europe never struck me as a place where you'd see a lot of insects, especially in tourist-y places. Not that I've been there. Not the right climate or too clean.

Jintor said:
Don't forget to tell everybody about drop-bears

heheh. Most people I've spoken to thought that they were just Koalas.

Proudest moment: Saving my Japanese host mother from a spider the size of my fingernail. She thought it was huge. -w-

Choc

Banned
i've actually added reggie to ignore

not because of vook or my love for vook

just because you are sprouting more shit than i do and are a junior member..

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Gears is a story of a bunch of dudes being bros, who shoot a lot of things.

In my books that makes it a dudebro shooter.

Also ignore lists are for pussies and weaklings.

For the record, I employ the ignore list on the basis that exposure to too much stupidity has to be bad for you. It's a big help for avoiding reading something that is going to make me dumber.

reggie said:
rodent.jpg

Come at me bro.

Immature GAF member is immature. ^^

Also i agree with Gears being the easiest and most logical abrehviation.
ps. walking around at lunch, just saw at least 12 people with EB games bags carrying Gears. 3 of them were reading the manuals over lunch, i couldn't help but laugh inside.

Is dudebro still going ahead? I got so hyped up that gaf was making a game... and then it sort of just... disappeared. What happened to July 2010 as the release date?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Choc said:
i've actually added reggie to ignore

not because of vook or my love for vook

just because you are sprouting more shit than i do and are a junior member..

So you've blocked me, or reggie?

Choc

Banned
you guys seen the new steam bundles

bit trip runner
world of goo
swords and soldiers
nightsky
nyxquest

$2

Anomaly: Warzone Earth
Defense Grid: The Awakening
Revenge of the Titans
Sanctum
Sol Survivor.

$2

vook: reggie

Echoplx

BanShunsaku said:
See everyone, this is why we don't talk about video games.

This argument has actually been more civil than the AFL ones in the past. I don't think anything is safe for discussion here.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Hear me now, Hear me now, this is AusGAF. We don't talk about anything. Unless it's something and even then it might not be anything.

I must be dudebro then. *chestbumps* Ausgaf

I certainly took no offense at Vooks comment.

Hey here's a thought guys- pick a game you like, go and play it. Ignore the guys who don't like your game/ football team/ political ideas/ webcomics/ podcats/ website/ avatar/ and have fun.

I was a friend's going-away party last year and his mate gave him a famicom box of an old Final Fantasy game. I joked "Gee, I thought you two were friends."

That did not go down well.

Choc

Banned
so those on steam already know this, but a ton of wine was delivered to my house wrongly by aus post yesterday.

anyway i looked it up and the wine is worth about $2000 all up.

So i emailed the company that has the wine and told them yeah it got delivered wrong. they are like ok, cool contact customer service. No mention of thanks or thanks for getting in touch. Which i would have at least expected given the value of this wine.

so then i got a bit shitty

i emailed back and said why can't you forwad this on to them? i don't have time to sit on customer service lines when aus post fucked up. without the language of cousre and a bit nicer tone

So they are like, ok just leave it out the front and we'll get it.

No thanks for emailing, no thanks for leaving it out, no thanks for not being a dick and drinking it all.

Makes me wonder why I bothered doing the right thing to be honest. Customer Service fail in my opinion.

I don't expect a gold medal, but a thanks even in email form would be nice. A bottle would be even nicer but hey i don't expect that.

And companies wonder why we tell them Australia has the worst customer service in the world

Prime example. Bottles of wine delivered untraceable to an address worth quite a bit that would cost the company a bit of money had i just decided to drink it all. Instead i do the right thing, contact them and they are all matter of fact and not like oh thanks for that.

Fuck doing the right thing.

Fusebox

Banned
BanShunsaku said:
Halp AusGAF!

"Give her one mate, we all did."

Jintor

Choc said:
you guys seen the new steam bundles

bit trip runner
world of goo
swords and soldiers
nightsky
nyxquest

$2

Anomaly: Warzone Earth
Defense Grid: The Awakening
Revenge of the Titans
Sanctum
Sol Survivor.

$2

vook: reggie

Wait what? They're $2? Jesus fuck Steam are insane.

/edit They're $9.99, which is about what I was expecting. Choc you nearly gave me a heart attack there.

Top Bottom