• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Omikron

@deathjnr - yes tasmania is nice. lived there for the first 20 odd years of my life. would live there if i could get a job i want. ;-)

Joy of Sets was great.

Funniest locally-made show I've seen on Australian Television since The Late Show

That "Heil Honey I'm Home" was directed by the same woman who got fired from directing Red Dwarf V. Yes, I'm that guy.

snoopen

so one of my housemates showered at 1.30am last night, is it unreasonable to ask him to shower before 12am? woke me up pretty easily.

Yagharek

The PES 2011 Wii love continues. The game gets better and better.

I'll go so far as to call it one of a handful of "definitive titles" on Wii alongside Resident Evil 4 and FPS controls in Metroid Prime.

Dead Man

snoopen said:
so one of my housemates showered at 1.30am last night, is it unreasonable to ask him to shower before 12am? woke me up pretty easily.
As a before bed showerer... I think you need to harden up. Sorry.

Echoplx

snoopen said:

Just casually mention it to him so he knows it can be annoying, telling him he can't do it full stop might be a bit much though.

snoopen said:
wasn't aware early morning showers were common , thanks for the insight.

I have been having mine lately around 1am-2am. If I wait to have them in the morning, I always wake up too late. And if I don't, I shower for too long and have not enough time to get everything done.

DSC01108.JPG

Clicked by yours truly.

Deeku

jambo said:
They're scrapping that soon.
Oh wow really?

I'll be honest, I did the 7 day return thing A LOT during high school and early uni days. I'm surprised it's been around for so long.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
BF3 beta next friday. Ausgaf plays it on the weekend i think.

Those rec specs are rather mid to high. Will be interesting to see what sort of performance i can get from it.

ClivePwned said:
I'm kind of shocked by Crytek doing the next Homefront game.
They were planning on doing a Final Fantasy title a while back too right? Not overly shocked, they go where the money is, bound to be contract work from THQ.

Echoplx

reptilescorpio said:
They were planning on doing a Final Fantasy title a while back too right? Not overly shocked, they go where the money is, bound to be contract work from THQ.

They must be really fond of the project after handing it off to Crytek UK, who have done amazing things in recent years including Haze and C2 MP.

:(

3chopl0x said:
They must be really fond of the project after handing it off to Crytek UK, who have done amazing things in recent years including Haze and C2 MP.

:(
Whoremouth! Timesplitters 2 is godtier! Haze was indeed middling, not atrocious like people try to make out though. I actually really enjoyed the C2 MP from the 6 or so hours I played the beta.

Anyway the point is moot because we still don't get a fucking new Timesplitters until after 2014 now.

Echoplx

reptilescorpio said:
Whoremouth! Timesplitters 2 is godtier! Haze was indeed middling, not atrocious like people try to make out though. I actually really enjoyed the C2 MP from the 6 or so hours I played the beta.

Anyway the point is moot because we still don't get a fucking new Timesplitters until after 2014 now.

It may have been godtier but that was nearly 10 years ago :p In fact, they really haven't done anything to demonstrate their talent properly since the Crytek take over, out sourcing MP never ends well so I'll be interested to see what they can do.

Darklord

Banned
Gears 3 is $69 at JB? What the? When did games go that cheap? I haven't bought a game that I didn't import/DD in ages. I'll pay $69 though.

Echoplx

I don't think I could ever pay more than $50 for a game these days, I can usually pick up new games for $25-$50 from Steam/GMG

Darklord

Banned
How fucking slow is Australia Post? My god, I'm tracking my parcel and it's been sitting at the same depot for like a day and a half. Hurry up god damn it!

Omi said:
when did gears come to pc?

I never said PC but I buy most games on PC.

OK so I might buy Deus Ex HR, I'm assuming PC is the best version? Is the 360 controller a viable option on PC?

Also is $50 on GMG the cheapest place to buy it?

Echoplx

BanShunsaku said:
OK so I might buy Deus Ex HR, I'm assuming PC is the best version? Is the 360 controller a viable option on PC?

Also is $50 on GMG the cheapest place to buy it?

I think it is, this 20% off code may or may not work with the game

WORLD-ATWAR-20PEC

I can PM you a referral link that will give you 5$ credit after your purchase as well.

Also the UI of the PC version changes on the fly depending on what you're using so it's pretty much perfect if you prefer to play with a gamepad.

Cheers, thanks for the replies guys. I probably won't pick it up until Friday so maybe that cdkey place will have it back in stock by then.

Also thanks Reptilescorpio for the avatar, I might try to find a higher res and re-do it though, low res makes for jaggy Sasha Grey :(

Agyar

BanShunsaku said:

This is AusGAF, where a 360 controller is never a viable option.

Choc

Banned
if eb stops 7 day returns their business will die a horrible death

only reason (only reason I) go to that shop over JB sometimes

ClivePwned said:
I'm kind of shocked by Crytek doing the next Homefront game.
Really? That's awesome. I liked the idea of Homefront more than the game. Crytek could probably make a solid one. Although stories aren't exactly their strong point.
I really want Microsoft to get Crytek to make a new Perfect Dark. Didn't half of Crytek UK make the original when they worked for Rare? Do that shit Microsoft. I'd buy the shit out of it.

Shaneus

Choc said:

But by stopping their 7 day return policy, they're also stopping their new-means-7-day-rented policy.

Choc

Banned
Shaneus said:
But by stopping their 7 day return policy, they're also stopping their new-means-7-day-rented policy.

yes but it allows people to try a game they may never have bought because they thought it to much of a risk.

For AAA titles its fine, they will sell regardless. For not so well known titles it could be a problem.

I agree that getting 'new' is bad etc etc no argument but the policy works. Maybe EB should start renting games....

Agyar

Choc said:

I really doubt it. Five years ago, maybe, but these days pre-owned is their bread and butter. The small number of people who use that are unlikely to have a big impact, especially as most of them will keep shopping there for other reasons.

Stackboy

Ningo said:
Hi, first post in ausgaf. I'm from adelaide and looking for people to add for gears 3.

Picking up my LE console tomorrow morning!

I know this is 2 days old, but my GT is Stackboy Royale if you need someone to shoot faces with.

Stackboy said:
I know this is 2 days old, but my GT is Stackboy Royale if you need someone to shoot faces with.

Stack add MarshmellowSFN as well thanks will join you for shooting stuff dead.

HolyCheck said:
Diablo 3 Beta invites are out. any luck ausgaf?

Sadly no, but for some reason i just got an sms from 3 different people pretty much at the same time saying they haven't got a D3 key yet. was there a countdown or something? lol

Choc

Banned
Agyar said:
I really doubt it. Five years ago, maybe, but these days pre-owned is their bread and butter. The small number of people who use that are unlikely to have a big impact, especially as most of them will keep shopping there for other reasons.

it's funny you say that but in the time ive been in EBs ive never seen someone buy a preowned game that wasn't about 2-3 years old and you couldn't find anymroe

Choc said:
it's funny you say that but in the time ive been in EBs ive never seen someone buy a preowned game that wasn't about 2-3 years old and you couldn't find anymroe

One of my mates always goes in looking at pre-owned straight away. he isn't a massive gamer and far from a nerd but for the sake of spending saving 30 or so bucks per game thats what he looks at, i can only name 2 titles he would buy day 1 and thats Gears and Splinter cell

Choc

Banned
Marshmellow said:
One of my mates always goes in looking at pre-owned straight away. he isn't a massive gamer and far from a nerd but for the sake of spending saving 30 or so bucks per game thats what he looks at, i can only name 2 titles he would buy day 1 and thats Gears and Splinter cell

i dont doubt it happens, but its just my observation

Choc said:
Most of their revenue comes from preowned though right? Yesterday I saw the store swarmed by by 15 year olds who obviuosly had no idea that eb price matched. Several high three figure sums of money were handed over for all matter of ce Gears crap. Headphones? Really? Epic probably make more of merch than game sales at this launch.

Top Bottom