• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

markot said:
Is it me or are Japanese restaurants in Australia always run by not Japanese people, mostly Korean?!

Itd be like going to an Italian restaurant and getting some Frenchie people there!
My neighbours are a sri-lankan couple who run an Indian restaurant.

Choc

Banned
Salazar said:
I imagine Choc's last sentence was rhetorical.

correct.

I didn't expect a bottle or anything deek, but a thanks would be nice.

Since when is it wrong to think that a thanks for doing something would be nice?

So if someone does something nice for you, you don't say thanks and you think thats right?

The last sentence was very much in jest, but if people treat you like shit you do wonder why you bother going out of your way to help them

its an inconvenience i did not cause myself, the wine is bloody heavy and its a pain in the arse that i haev to remember to put it out and even contact them.

So yes, a thanks would be nice

i guess the bigger point is that its an example of bloody shit customer service. That was what i meant

I would have done the right thing regardless, because I am like that. I even spent ages last night trying to figure out the right address or what it should be. Looking up person on google tryign to find address to give it to them

but alas, i couldnt

hamchan

markot said:
Is it me or are Japanese restaurants in Australia always run by not Japanese people, mostly Korean?!

Itd be like going to an Italian restaurant and getting some Frenchie people there!

Either Chinese or Koreans running Japanese restaurants ya.

midonnay

commanderdeek said:
:eek:

I know a guy at uni that's doing this and I can't imagine how he copes. I know the grammar structures are similar (that's what he told me anyway) but still, with all the different characters for both languages, vocab etc, it sounds like a thing only crazy people would do.

Also, never been grabbed by black dudes in Tokyo. I blend in with the locals;)

pronunciation and intonation is a motherfucker....but the basic script is piss easy to learn and if you know some chinese characters already, you have a leg up.

<------ (1 year of korean to fill up some units)

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
jambo said:
evlcookie, what was that server you were looking at buying? Was it a HP ProLiant Mini or something?

Yea the HP Proliant Microserver N36L.

There's a newer model coming out, the N40L (i think it's an L) which is at 1.5ghz instead of 1.3 and that's about the only real difference i think.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
DeathJr said:
For those of you who haven't bought gears of war yet, dungeon crawl is selling it for 59.90 only.

But you could get like a years subscription to Zoo for that.

hamchan said:
Oh yeah those black guys in Harajuku grabbed me and tried to sell me Nike shoes or something like that :-/

Yep that happened to me as well, (also in Shinjiku at night) basically because I'm white. They were are you from Sweden? lol

Just when I thought ACA/Today Tonight couldn't get any more blatantly racist, TT are doing a story about an 'epidemic of foreign gypsies' stealing food from Sydney supermarkets...fuck me.

Jintor

shanshan310 said:
I think that's a lot of Asia actually. Have you ever been to Tokyo? The only black people are this creepy group of guys who try to lure girls to their back street stall. They grabbed my arm once :s If that's the only exposure they get, I'm not surprised.

Lol what were you doing in Rippongi? :p

I ran into a surprising amount of Brazillian-Japanese people when I was in Tokyo. I mean, historically it makes sense, but you don't really think about it...

Sutton Dagger said:
Just when I thought ACA/Today Tonight couldn't get any more blatantly racist, TT are doing a story about an 'epidemic of foreign gypsies' stealing food from Sydney supermarkets...fuck me.

Should do a story on the soccer mums that eat grapes as they go through the fruit & veg sections.

Rahk

jambo said:
Sweet Raptor Jesus.

You don't do the right thing so you get thanked and rewarded, you do the right thing to do the right thing.
I'm with choc on this one.

It goes both ways. The 'right thing' is also to show common courtesy to someone that is trying to help you.

If they're indifferent to you going out of your way to help them is it even the 'right thing'? Seems like they wouldn't have cared or noticed either way.

Shaneus

Rahk said:
I'm with choc on this one.

It goes both ways. The 'right thing' is also to show common courtesy to someone that is trying to help you.

If they're indifferent to you going out of your way to help them is it even the 'right thing'? Seems like they wouldn't have cared or noticed either way.
Like giving way to cars coming toward you on a street when there are parked cars on both sides. You don't nod, wave or lift a finger or two as a gesture, I'll forever hate you and your descendants.

Deeku

Jintor said:
Lol what were you doing in Rippongi? :p

I ran into a surprising amount of Brazillian-Japanese people when I was in Tokyo. I mean, historically it makes sense, but you don't really think about it...
Were they hot? Cuz that sounds really hot!

Dead Man

Shaneus said:
Like giving way to cars coming toward you on a street when there are parked cars on both sides. You don't nod, wave or lift a finger or two as a gesture, I'll forever hate you and your descendants.
I hate those people. They are the reason society if falling apart. Fuckers.

Kritz

Banned
FUCK did I miss the gears of war is a bad game argument?

god damn it

can we like, can that guy come back? I... :(

HEY GUY, I THINK GEARS OF WAR ISN'T A VERY ENTERTAINING VIDEO GAME BECAUSE THERE ARE A NUMBER OF ELEMENTS IN THAT GAME THAT ARE LACKING IN QUALITY.

this is what happens when I decide to do assignments instead of post obnoxious annoying bullshit on the internet.

DualShadow said:
You've already made more haven't you Ban?

Only these, and then I'm done, I promise.

85fWT.jpg

2rF40.jpg

OU2N7.jpg

markot

Banned
Shaneus said:

What kind of stupid motherfucker parks like that anyway?! Turn a 2 lane street into a one lane one? What kind of ass hole would srsly do that? I hate it when I see that cause it just makes me angry >_<

Also, people who park in places without clear lines, they never park close enough, or they do the 'mirage' of parking just that bit too close so no other car can fit in even though from a distance it looks like thye could......

Hmph.

Rahk

I remember why I don't listen to the Bombcast anymore. Spent 5 mins talking about Gears Limited Edition.

Also just saw someone carrying a Gears related box on the train. It was fucking huge. Like 3/4 his height. Console bundle?

Jintor

Snob

These Blizzard terms and conditions are less overbearing than I had thought (though still more overbearing than they really should be)

markot said:

Its mostly Chinese people in my experience. Same with when I went to a Korean restaurant and ordered in Korean only to be told "I'm Chinese". That was awkward.

I'm finding Korean alright (sometimes I feel like I'm cheating because I can just base it off Japanese grammar and vocab - since a lot of words are the same) but 1. the pronunciation is harder than Japanese and 2. a lot of the words are hard to remember. I don't know why they just don't stick like Japanese does. The grammar is harder than Japanese as well :'( even though they are similar.

The Brazilian Japanese are really sad :( They are ethnically Japanese people who fled before the war, and then when there was a skills shortage in the 80's the Japanese government invited them back. They weren't "real Japanese" but they were closer to Japanese people than everyone else. Now the government is trying to pay to get rid of them. Even though a lot of the younger ones grew up in Japan they aren't considered to be Japanese.

jambo

evlcookie said:
Yea the HP Proliant Microserver N36L.

There's a newer model coming out, the N40L (i think it's an L) which is at 1.5ghz instead of 1.3 and that's about the only real difference i think.

Pretty sure I'll get one, will be so much better for downloading stuff over night, 150W PSU compared to 850W PSU (yes I know it's less when idle). Plus we can have 1 queue and my housemates and I can all access the server!

Shaneus said:

You gotta nod or wave!

Rahk said:
I remember why I don't listen to the Bombcast anymore. Spent 5 mins talking about Gears Limited Edition.

Also just saw someone carrying a Gears related box on the train. It was fucking huge. Like 3/4 his height. Console bundle?
I remember getting spit-roasted in this thread where I went out and said that I didn't enjoy the Bombcast because it skewed too dudebro for my tastes.

Salazar

I almost wandered into an EB and got Gears of War, but my attention was snatched at the vital moment by an Art Gym.

I kid you not. Art Gym - an enclosure of squealing toddlers gnawing on paintbrushes and spilling pencils everywhere.

Jintor

shanshan310 said:
I'm finding Korean alright (sometimes I feel like I'm cheating because I can just base it off Japanese grammar and vocab - since a lot of words are the same) but 1. the pronunciation is harder than Japanese and 2. a lot of the words are hard to remember. I don't know why they just don't stick like Japanese does. The grammar is harder than Japanese as well :'( even though they are similar.

Help me learn japanese shan :<

viciouskillersquirrel said:
I remember getting spit-roasted in this thread where I went out and said that I didn't enjoy the Bombcast because it skewed too dudebro for my tastes.

I don't really think they skew dudebro. I think Jeff skews dudebro and he's the dominant personality on the show.

Jintor

commanderdeek said:
Do it at mq like me!

I already used up all my extra units :T

Tell Mio I said hi!

/edit though I guess that won't mean anything to her. "A flaming pony on the internet says hi"

While I'm ranting about the shite on TV, what the fuck is this 'The One'. A show to find the best psychic. Really? Do we really need to advocate a complete lack of critical thinking skills and promote the scam that is the psychic business?

Deeku

Jintor said:
I already used up all my extra units :T

Tell Mio I said hi!

/edit though I guess that won't mean anything to her. "A flaming pony on the internet says hi"
At first, I thought you were making a k-on reference, but then it finally came to me lol. I've actually never seen Mio before:/

Just do what I did and do extra extra units during summer/winter break.

Rahk said:
Nakazawa sensei, woo!

Woo indeed! She's such a nice teacher.

Echoplx

I think I might go insane soon, had this high pitched ringing in my ears 24/7 for the last few days. Thought it was just my Tinnitus spazzing out but this is different, probably an ear infection :/

3chopl0x said:
I think I might go insane soon, had this high pitched ringing in my ears 24/7 for the last few days. Thought it was just my Tinnitus spazzing out but this is different, probably an ear infection :/

EMP grenade?

Jintor

commanderdeek said:
At first, I thought you were making a k-on reference, but then it finally came to me lol. I've actually never seen Mio before:/

Just do what I did and do extra extra units during summer/winter break.

Really? I did manga and anime 123, 223 and 323 and she taught all of those, so I assumed she would teach the actual japanese too D:

Rahk

Jintor said:
Really? I did manga and anime 123, 223 and 323 and she taught all of those, so I assumed she would teach the actual japanese too D:
Think she mainly teaches the general Japan related courses and possibly some advanced 300 level Japanese.

Top Bottom