• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Jintor said:
Garlic-fried mushrooms are DELICIOUS. If not very filling.

Frying up mushrooms in garlic and Worcestershire sauce is heavenly.

Why?

Also,

DSC_0029.jpg

So Link is a dude? I always thought it was a girl.

Salazar said:
Chicken and mayo sandwiches > everything.

Ugh. Have to go into uni tomorrow just to get a form signed.

Especially if there is avocado too!

-_- last week I drove all the way out to uni to meet with the course coordinator, only to be told "I don't have an answer for you yet, come back tomorrow just in case".

Yagharek

Box of Bunnies said:
He's part of a hip new movement where you complain about people complaining about social networking sites on social networking sites. So meta!

What's social networking? Is it like a LAN party with dance central instead of quake?

commanderdeek said:
Also, I'm glad nobody has come out to defend Muse so far. I think there has been enough craziness in here for one day.
Hey Muse aren't that bad. They are incredible to see live but they have indeed dropped off song-writing-quality-wise, didn't like the last album at all and find I can't go back and listen to Absolution without getting bored with the majority of tracks.

Salazar said:
Chicken and mayo sandwiches > everything.
TOASTED is so good. Was my drug of choice for years. Even swap out the bread for a Cheese & Bacon roll from Safeway and chuck in the microwave for 10 seconds. So good.

Kermit The Dog said:
Never posted in this thread before, despite always wondering what the hell you guys get up to. Had a quick look around and...
Come on buddy! Join the party!
rbQ12.gif

That feeling when you're about to finish a book and you could've sworn you had the next in the series. I am about to finish Into A Dark Realm by Raymond E Feist and I don't own Wrath of a Mad God to follow it up with. So i'm going back a few trilogies to Talon of the Silver Hawk.

My morning is going to feel so weird.

Shaneus

Gazunta said:
USB powered, 2TB... hmmm. Might have to get one for myself and the folks, could be a handy spare. Will try, not liking my chances though.
reptilescorpio said:
TOASTED is so good. Was my drug of choice for years. Even swap out the bread for a Cheese & Bacon roll from Safeway and chuck in the microwave for 10 seconds. So good.
Toasted chicken with STUFFING sangers. Would occasionally try cheese but it would often dilute the marvelous flavour of the stuffing. Never tried it with mayo, though.
Fact: I actually bought some stuffing on it's own from the supermarket a while back just so I could eat it whenever. It tastes better when it's come out of a roast chicken's arse, imo.

Gazunta

I have a sneaking suspicion these are AC powered, not USB. :/

Funny how I've written a million press releases about video games, but writing one about a comic is stumping me big time :/

reptilescorpio said:
Fuck that, bacon wins always. Bacon or Panda? Bacon. Bacon or Tree? Fucking Bacon. Bacon or Earwig? Mother Loving Bacon.
Mother-fucking-word!

Box of Bunnies said:
I don't get the mad love some people have for bacon, personally. I mean it's okay, but when I see people talking about it like it's some magical supermeat that tempts even the staunchest vegetarians I just can't relate.
Added to ignore list.

midonnay said:
thats probably why I can't stand most british sitcoms >_>

its like when you find out that there is no santa claus..... there is no magic left in christmas.

hard to enjoy when you know its all contrived.
A lot of show get their laugh track via recoding an audience watching the show. Yeah, they play a pre-recorded show to an audience and then tape them and then add it to the show. I don't get it, either.

That doesn't mean that there isn't the odd bit of... uh... enhancing going on.

shanshan310 said:
yeah, me too. I mean its allright, but I don't get the love. Too much fat. geeew.
Ignore list. Fuck, two in one day. It's a sad day for bacon.

commanderdeek said:
Not really a bacon fan either, but gourmet chicken sausages are pretty rad.
3? Dear lord, it's a massacre of Am0rix levels...

Box of Bunnies said:
Er, if your point is that laugh tracks influence people's reaction to comedy, then that video's not exactly helping. Adding a laugh track to a scene that isn't amusing doesn't magically compel me to join in laughing because some imaginary audience is doing so.
I beleive the research is they do, hence why they put them in there.

Gazunta said:
Was interested. Saw Seagate. Less so. Still tempted. Just less so.

Oh, and where's our promised nudity?

Shaneus said:

I don't beleive the "Product Description" because:

Boxed Contents

Seagate Expansion 2TB external drive, Quick start guide, USB 2.0 cable, Power adapter

Shaneus

Planet_JASE said:
Seagate Expansion 2TB external drive, Quick start guide, USB 2.0 cable, Power adapter
Damnit, I was about to get all medieval on your arse, then I saw this on the Seagate website (not in the actual product description, mind you... the PDF spec sheet:
Set-up is straightforward, simply plug in the included power supply and USB cable and you are ready to go.
So yeah, fuck that. And fuck YOU, Gaz. Don't ever come here posting that crap again.

You know I'm kidding, bro.

But seriously, don't post that sort of thing here again.

Gazunta

About a year back I bought one of those Seagate 500GB drives with AC power, got it delivered to work, plugged it in and started formatting it...then the power went out and the drive didn't work any more. That was $100 well spent.

Here is a comic about Theme Hospital in order to try and get back on everyone's good side:

Agyar

Bernbaum said:
Currently traipsing through the jungles and Delta heads of Borneo. Flew a chartered flight with a British professor and got kindly asked by the nation of Brunei to GTFO and return to Malaysian airspace. Rocked up at the immaculate Mariott in Miri covered head to toe in crap and this is my first time near an Internet in about a week.

Taking malaria pills daily. If I find a grenade, I'm totally gonna roll that motherfucker down a hill.

Which anti-malarial are you on? In Vietnam I was on Doxycycline and got the worst sunburn I've ever had.

Agyar

shanshan310 said:
oh yeah, he lives on the gold coast right?

we should totally have a big meet up. Was there something happening with the EB convention?

The EButts Buttsfest is being attended by myself and Bernbaum. See this post for relevant and informative details.

Also, BrisGAF has met up a few times and twice at the Mana Bar.

Gazunta said:
Here is a comic about Theme Hospital in order to try and get back on everyone's good side:

It is now funny since you don't have to pretend to not to hate the taxi thief anymore.

My wife is home sick with me today.
That Kat Dennings cleavorama is definitely Not Safe For Wife.
I just told her her cold is making her hallucinate that there was a picture of a girl with boobs on my screen. It was really a screenshot from Tomb Raider reboob. That didn't work.
I should have said reboot, not reboob.

Rahk

Planet_JASE said:
A lot of show get their laugh track via recoding an audience watching the show. Yeah, they play a pre-recorded show to an audience and then tape them and then add it to the show. I don't get it, either.

That doesn't mean that there isn't the odd bit of... uh... enhancing going on.
Also the audience consists of professional laughers.

Rahk said:
The audience also consists of professional laughers.
I'll take that job. It cannot and I mean, cannot be worse than my current one.

Cannot.

I get paid to put up with a lot of shit and pretend that I like it, I can do the same for their crap. I could, in fact, be overqualified.

jambo

evlcookie said:
Everywhere is pretty much sold out at the moment and i think one of the distro's is getting more in early next month.

There's a huge fucking thread over at OCAU that you could read up on if you are bored - Link

It should use like 40w maxed out otherwise it's half that? That's why i'm thinking of one as well, as you said a download / storage box instead of my 150w 24/7 gaming pc.

Hmm, might just wait for that new one to come out and then grab one!

DeathJr said:
No, but Halo Wars and ODST? Pure milk.

ODST is brilliant, I love sneaking around and taking out patrols using the silenced weapons.

Bernbaum said:
Black Books has a laugh track. So does IT Crowd.

The IT Crowd is filmed in front of a live audience. Half the bloody outtakes are the cast interacting with the audience for Pete's sake!

Kermit The Dog said:
Never posted in this thread before, despite always wondering what the hell you guys get up to. Had a quick look around and...

hidinghomer.gif

The last few days have been pretty fucked up in here, but hopefully it will level out.

jambo said:
ODST is brilliant, I love sneaking around and taking out patrols using the silenced weapons.
Second. And Wars wasn't bad, I mean it wasn't great, but it was mildly fun. I still don't understand how they haven't made Halo Wars 2 using Kinect. Voice and pointing commands could actually make RTS work awesomely on consoles.

ODST really made me want a Halo survival horror game. One where you are just a civilian and have to survive the invasion of these terrifying monsters.

But yeah, Halo across 3 genres is milk central

Shaneus

Shit, I should buy ODST. If it's less classic-FPS and more stealthy/strategic than Halo (in general) then I might have to bite.

Top Bottom